Amagi Brilliant Park

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
OCmOZby.jpg

Title: Amagi Brilliant Park
Genre: Romance, Slice-of-Life, Comedy
Premier: 7th October 2014
Animation Studio: KyoAni (Kyoto Animation)
Director: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Original Creator: Shoji Gatou
Official Website:

Plot:
The story centers around high school student Seiya Kanie, a self proclaimed genius with looks, intellect, and athletic ability. On a Sunday, a mysterious transfer student who carries a musket gun takes him to an old and deserted amusement park, Amagi Brilliant Park. He is told that if the park can't attract 100,000 visitors in the next two weeks, it will be closed immediately. And thus the business comedy, Amagi Brilliant Park, begins!
(~from MAL~)

My Thoughts:

This is gonna be awesome.

Hmm, it is by KyoAni..which gave us some really good anime. However the preview seems to suggest a harem series. Normally i would say i am positive if it is KyoAni but I am not sure about this one so right now i am just neutral about it. I will watch it but i do hope i can say in the end of the series that it was above average like K-On, Clannad and so on...

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Oct 03 2014, 01:32 PM) Hmm, it is by KyoAni..which gave us some really good anime. However the preview seems to suggest a harem series. Normally i would say i am positive if it is KyoAni but I am not sure about this one so right now i am just neutral about it. I will watch it but i do hope i can say in the end of the series that it was above average like K-On, Clannad and so on...
You missed one thing though-

Original Creator: Shoji Gatou

If the show is even a quarter of as fun as FMP Fumoffu, I'm sold
tongue.gif

Oh and a certain yellow mascot will be making an appearance in this show...
biggrin.gif

Well after seeing episode 1 I have to say this is going to be a rather fun series to watch here. Still seeing that yellow mascot here kind of makes me want to watch FUMOFU! if I could actually find it of course.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 07 2014, 01:53 AM) Still seeing that yellow mascot here kind of makes me want to watch FUMOFU! if I could actually find it of course.
tongue.gif

Thinking about that school ruby team episode still make me lol
laugh.gif

That anime was so F-up on so many levels
tongue.gif

So first episode and it felt pretty good.
smile.gif
. The start was somewhat confusing with the sudden date (well, let's say forced visit). However due to the comedy it soon became irrelevant. The characters were likeable (those mascottes were very good
smile.gif
) and the story seems interesting enough. I am sure to keep watching this one

Nice change of phase, compared to other series. I find the begin a bit empty in info and for the story and goal... well, pretty much obvious and yet very enjoyable. I can't wait for next week when it all really begins.

I reeally loved this first episode of this anime!!! (*^▽^*)
It looks soo promising and cute! How I see it right now is that this show will focus on Kanie Seiya getting the amusement park back on its feet and restoring it to it's former cute brilliance. And I reeally hope he will succeed! It has such adorably heart-warming promises! I really want to see that park filled with life and happiness! This first episode has really gotten my hopes up for such a progress of events!
Also, all these premises of magic and cute magical beings from a cute magical land is just soo enticing! I really can't wait for the next episode of this! ^____^
Also, I really hope for a great development of romance on the side. That would make this show totally perfect! That kiss was just perfect! =D

Though, on the other side, I can't say I'm totally enthralled by the fanservice this early in the show...I really hope this won't turn out to be some ecchi harem show. -____-*

Anyhow, I can't wait for next episode! =D These shows just make me soo happy!!!

QUOTE (Silendris @ Oct 08 2014, 10:58 AM) Though, on the other side, I can't say I'm totally enthralled by the fanservice this early in the show...I really hope this won't turn out to be some ecchi harem show. -____-*
To be fair the fanservice was like what...half a second and gone before one could blink?
tongue.gif

I doubt it would turn into a ecchi show. Considering it's from Shoji Gatou (author of Full Metal Panic), I would believe the show would remain largely plot-driven (though good or bad story would still remain to be seen).

Yattaaa! Episode two already! I can't wait to watch it!! =D

Well, it was fantastic. Of course it was! I'm so happy! This is the best show this season by far! ^__^

Episode 4 and this is getting better every time. We get to see that Kanie ain't a person who can deal with everything. Him being afraid of heights and getting completely overwhelmed when a sudden emergency happens shows that. He has to grow beyond what he can if he wants to make the park a success. It would be nice if we get to see the other people in the park too. The inclusion of the 4 fairies was a nice addition (by the way what is wrong with that wind fairy
blink.gif
? And that fire fairy sure needs to cut down on using that phone).

Well it's to be expected that he would break down in a crisis like that, but he can mange everything else under normal circumstances though. In any case it seems that Isuzu is more suited for crisis management with this episode than with negotiating with the cast. It pretty much why the park went down the drain within a year or so.

Still I have to say that the fairies are rather fun to watch as well especially Sylphy of course.
tongue.gif

Hmm, this episode 6 is a bit dubious. Suddenly they have a southern part of the park? With a stadium included? That is way too convenient. Still it was an amusing episode with the wind fairy going completely nuts again.

Well Sylphy is there mostly for comic relief with those four of course. She's one of those character types that would probably do anything asked of her with a smile of course.
laugh.gif

In any case for it to be abandoned stadium makes me think the place can be used somehow, but also having a bunch of moles as a construction crew added might be a huge benefit to help fix up issues with the park and whatnot.
tongue.gif

I just started watching and it's just great. Finished episode 03 just now and I'm curious as to why Isuzu was in such a bad mood at the end of the episode, it particularly being about Kanie, probably about him making her wear a swimsuit or the fact that he used Moffle Punching video, where she wasted 3 memory-erase bullets only for the "memory" to be put on the internet forever. Regardless, I'm shipping the KaniexIsuzu couple.
biggrin.gif

Episode 06 was a blast and it was nice to see that Sento really does have some feelings for Kanie and I loved it when Kanie was just down-talking her and saying that he doesn't have to downplay hsi superiority because he is superior. I'm just curious about fairies and humans having actual relationships, I'm assuming Sento is some kind of fairy, since she's from Maple Land (or whatever it's called).

Oh yeah, I had no idea that characters in this series has their names based off artists like Kanie Seiya being based off Kanye West, it's sorta ironic about the superiority complex.
tongue.gif

It was indeed a fun episode. Sento with her sudden heart on her sleeve really gave it away that she like Kanie. The best part was the interviews. Moffle's reaction to the AV's was to be expected but combined with Sento's discovery of what the video's really are made it very good. Also fun to see how the elemental fairies did their best to perform a new show (surprising that only Sylphy could perform it correctly. Maybe she just acts dumb?
biggrin.gif
). Hopefully we get to see an episode with Kanie improving their show. It would be fun to see how he deals with them.

smile.gif
That was a nice episode about the fairies. To know that they have only been in this job for a short time makes it clear why they were so bad performing in their show. They improved a lot due to the unexpected trouble they had.
I wonder why the princess has such excessive protection...she clearly is hiding something...

I almost want to say that the princess was hoping that they would get themselves trapped in the castle it seems. In any case from the looks of things it seems that the fairies are now okay with covering for each other's weaknesses here it seems. Although seeing an episode involving those four is always fun to watch, especially with Sylphy of course.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Masich @ Oct 7 2014,2:16 PM)Nice change of phase, compared to other series. I find the begin a bit empty in info and for the story and goal...from what I recall I didn't finish FMP or other KyoAni anime, except Nichijou (at first i thought Kokoro Connect was but no) ;p... ok with ep.10 tomorrow there'll be only 3 left, then i'll wait for final reviews to decide if i marathon this series
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back