An Official FTV Slogan/Trademark

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Do you want FTV to have some sort of trademark slogan of some sort to symbolize itself and distingui

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I don't care

• Total voters

InuyashaX

-Hokage
Kouhai
*** THIS IDEA IS NOT MEANT TO BE USED TO ADVERTISE THE SITE BUT RATHER JUST BE FOR FUN AND PERHAPS MAKE FTV A MORE FRIENDLY PLACE***

Well this idea hit me, I dont know if the site has one yet but I'm wondering would you guys want to make some kind of tradition for FTV like a catch phrase slogan or some symbolic thing that all FTV members can refer to and signify that they are part of the FTV family. I think this may improve relations of forum members with one another and make FTV more family like.

For example, we can make up a word like "amabo amabo" or something as a gesture for friendship or use it to welcome others. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, do you want to invent some FTV slang lol?

We can have a competition to see who can invent the best catch phrase for the site, it can become our slogan and be put up on main banner next to that anime girl.

I dont know what to expect lols Is this a pretty wierd/stupid idea, or does it have potencial? Mabey this can be the start of some crazy FTV language lols

EDIT: Can someone fix my spelling on the poll question and replace the text with this:

"Do you want FTV to have some sort of trademark slogan of some sort to symbolize and distinguish itself from other anime sites and make FTV more family like?"

Oh dear. Dejavu
No I don't really think we need one. FTV is already one of the biggest anime communities out there and already has a close big 'family', it doesn't need a slogan for that. I don't really think we should need this thread for it either, if you really want a slogan that bad, come up with some and pm it to daft.
If nothing useful comes out of this poll I'll close it in 24 hours

QUOTE (Noshi @ Jan 19 2009, 11:22 PM) Oh dear. Dejavu
No I don't really think we need one. FTV is already one of the biggest anime communities out there and already has a close 'family', it doesn't need a slogan for that. I don't really think we should need this thread for it either, if you really want a slogan that bad, come up with some and pm it to daft.
If nothing useful comes out of this poll I'll close it in 24 hours
>.< harsh lols Give it more than 24 hours, how about a week at least. Dont really notice any negatives out of this idea, unless I'm missing something
ph34r.gif

^what Noshi said and that if you search Fansub via google, this site comes out as the first result and on top of wikipedia's article on fansub...I think that's more than enough said. That shows how popular this site is and I don't think we need a slogan....unless other people think otherwise.

Well I'm not suggesting an advertising campaign, the slogan/slang wasnt intended to attract more people and be used to advertise but rather be "just for fun" and random. People could use this slogan in forums to express a mood or brighten up a thread. Either way 24 hrs is way to short as many people are offline. Give it 2-3 days min. But either way I see no reason to close this thread unless a majority feels strongly against it.

Just curious of what everyon thinks:)

I got one guys.

BELIEVE IT!

I'm leaning more the direction that Kit and Noshi are in that we don't really need a slogan or anything. I don't really see how it would bring us together more as a community as everyone has a different personality and trying to mash them all together and come up with a single unified mentality would if anything make discussions less dynamic.

That being said I don't think that this thread should be closed down without giving it a chance as it might be nice to see what people have to say about the community as a whole.

Well truth be told I honestly don't mind having a slogan. Although if we have one we need it to be unique and a series that was/is on these boards. For some reason I'd prefer something completely random as a slogan from Lucky Star, or even some kind or trademark from said series. The reason I'm saying that is because Kontata and Kagami are pretty much the two that make that series stand out emencely if you ask me.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jan 20 2009, 01:51 AM) Well truth be told I honestly don't mind having a slogan. Although if we have one we need it to be unique and a series that was/is on these boards. For some reason I'd prefer something completely random as a slogan from Lucky Star, or even some kind or trademark from said series. The reason I'm saying that is because Kontata and Kagami are pretty much the two that make that series stand out emencely if you ask me.
something from Lucky Star?.. Lucky Channel?... I think that crazy loli starts off every lucky channel with "Oha-Lucky".. whatever that is suppose to mean.. cross between ohayo and err lucky?

Hmm from the poll, many people "dont care" well thats better than saying "no" lols So does that mean people wouldnt mind implementing this idea?

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Jan 20 2009, 10:27 AM) Hmm from the poll, many people "dont care" well thats better than saying "no" lols So does that mean people wouldnt mind implementing this idea?
Well, it's really just a matter of thinking of something good enough. Until anyone has some sort of idea or suggestion the whole discussion is moot.

Hmm I think I know what we could use, so from the words of Sempai-kun "Horny for anime" XD Although I think that would make the site rated R.

I see no use of this whole slogan thing. It does not strengthen the bonds of the FTV members, it has no other significant use, fansub.tv on itself is big enough to not have a slogan.

If you want a catchy phrase that bad, put it in your signature. That way people know what your slogan would be, it's random, and if you must, you can believe it'll strengthen the community..

QUOTE (doomsayer @ Jan 20 2009, 02:10 PM) Hmm I think I know what we could use, so from the words of Sempai-kun "Horny for anime" XD  Although I think that would make the site rated R.
Wait a second I'm an upstanding member of this community
rolleyes.gif
I would never say such a thing... where's your proof?! errrrr don't go digging it up either... evidence can easily be erased/deleted lmao.Whether or not this site needs a slogan ummm honestly IDK maybe if we were advertising a money making venture and looking to reap some profits.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Jan 20 2009, 09:26 PM)QUOTE (doomsayer @ Jan 20 2009, 02:10 PM) Whether or not this site needs a slogan ummm honestly IDK maybe if we were advertising a money making venture and looking to reap some profits.

QUOTE (Noshi @ Jan 20 2009, 09:07 PM)I see no use of this whole slogan thing. It does not strengthen the bonds of the FTV members, it has no other significant use, fansub.tv on itself is big enough to not have a slogan.

I think they are right. A slogan/trademark would make the site look more like an advertisement. So for me a slogan isn't necessary.

To be honest, whilst I'm not against a slogan I have yet to see a good reason for one. I feel it might just be too gimicky and as a website and forum FTV already has a good feel to it. Ever heard the phrase "gilding the lily"?

Adding a FansubTV slogan will not improve relations between fellow members. The friendly atmosphere is the result of good moderators and friendly people. As long as FansubTV upholds these traditions it will continue to be a friendly place. After all friendly members attract more friendly members to join while good moderators weed out the trolls. Adding a slogan will do little to improve relations. Besides, in my opinion, a slogan sounds kinda cheesy and that's not really something I would like to promote. It's all about individuality and keeping it real. God that sounded incredibly cheesy...

Ah but it could be kinda fun coming up with FansubTV slogans. My suggestion:
"Lolos - the bane of anime."

I'm pretty sure the term: "lolo" doesn't exist outside FansubTV so it would be nice to include it in a slogan, if we ever had one. Then again that type of message could instigate a lolo/loli war! There's already been a few skirmishes on these boards!
ph34r.gif

lol put it in your signature then XD most of the people in FTV probably don't even know what lolo means
tongue.gif

You really hate the slogans with a vengeance! Ah I couldn't resist making that comment!
rolleyes.gif
I just wanted to provoke a certain lolocon into another battle!
tongue.gif
I can't do that if I put it in my sig!
laugh.gif

Hmm well mabey this thread can have a new meaning, "post funny/witty words" thread and who knows if something catchy comes outta it it might become a cool fadXD So lets leave it open.

"Funsub" - Whats up?
"sub" - Sup
"Fansi" -Cool
"Fansb TV, where distribution = inspiration"

Just starters, see my drift we dont need to replace english with a bunch of random words but lets try to find and make 1 good one we can reference back to all the time, something short and simple.

Like for example :

Star Trek fans got "Live long and prosper"
Star Wars fans got "Use the force"

What do we got Oo

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back