Anime EXPO (AX) 2007

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

mamori

-sama
Sempai
Im planning on going sunday (7/1) and monday (7/2), staying over at the Hyatt (already made reservations for the night). Looking foreward to checking out the Summer festival and all the booths
happy.gif

so anyone else going? AX meet-up?

Oooohhh, this is really close to home....Hum, I may look into it myself....looks like fun...do you have a link for the website, if there is one? Please post it here or pm me with the info. Thanks for posting this.....
laugh.gif

Gracias.....for the information.....have fun if you go. I am going to try and go with a little throng of nieces and nephews!

Yes! YES! YESSSS!!

Hey mamori, bring a sign Saying "FTV MEMBER Mamori! Gather up!" so I can find you easily. What time do you plan on going to the convention? Early in the morning? The earliest I'll probably go is around 11 AM since I'm going as a group with some friends (which, by the way, we are seeking more group members). And want contact info for easier search?

Also, I'll hold up my own sign: "FTV Team Member Hamasusuke! Find Waldo!". Or, just wear a shirt stating I'm from FTV, I'm hamasusuke, and I'm gathering you all up
smile.gif

So far, here's the list of people going:
Mamori
Hamasusuke
ImTakes

Wear your name-bearing shirt people!

Yup, I will definitely be there. Good times and wild memories... that is AX. Don't mind me if you find me... a little under the weather. XD BTW.... my badge will bare the nickname "Paul Falcon"... so, yuh... >.>

I wish I could go to something like this. They had Anime Boston while I was still up there, but it was right at the beginning of Exam week so I couldn't really afford to go to it.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ May 17 2007, 08:56 PM) Yes! YES! YESSSS!!

Hey mamori, bring a sign Saying "FTV MEMBER Mamori! Gather up!" so I can find you easily. What time do you plan on going to the convention? Early in the morning? The earliest I'll probably go is around 11 AM since I'm going as a group with some friends (which, by the way, we are seeking more group members). And want contact info for easier search?

Also, I'll hold up my own sign: "FTV Team Member Hamasusuke! Find Waldo!". Or, just wear a shirt stating I'm from FTV, I'm hamasusuke, and I'm gathering you all up
smile.gif

So far, here's the list of people going:
Mamori
Hamasusuke
ImTakes

Wear your name-bearing shirt people!
sadly, I think they are banning signs this year
blink.gif
(something about solicitation/ un-appropriate stuffs in the past). but my badge should say "Mamori"
wink.gif

but yeah, ill probably try to head up early on sunday (around 11-12), check into my room, and head over to the convention.

anyway, what days is everyone planning to go, especially since Im not sure ill be able to drag any of my friends along this time. (the one I brought last time was sorta creeped out by the cosplayers
tongue.gif
)

I'm going all four days. So is my other 9 group members, hopefully.

Hmm, really? They banned posters? ... how'd that Haruhi Cosplayer get to hold up the SOS-dan poster...?

Anyways, I don't pay attention to badges, especially if they're really hard to find, out of thousands of people at the convention o_O. How bout you play "I-Spy" with me? I'm a 5-foot, 6-inch teen with red, spiky-like hair, wearing a shirt saying FTV on the front and Hama on the back?

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ May 18 2007, 12:16 AM) I'm going all four days. So is my other 9 group members, hopefully.

Hmm, really? They banned posters? ... how'd that Haruhi Cosplayer get to hold up the SOS-dan poster...?

Anyways, I don't pay attention to badges, especially if they're really hard to find, out of thousands of people at the convention o_O. How bout you play "I-Spy" with me? I'm a 5-foot, 6-inch teen with red, spiky-like hair, wearing a shirt saying FTV on the front and Hama on the back?
lqtm, sounds good
happy.gif

Ahhh geee....none of you will wish to hang with me, as I will have a gaggle of little ones with me who love anime like their "Yaya" does. My brother's kids.
laugh.gif
I want to take them with me so they can get "animetized."
laugh.gif
Well, I know all of us are going to have fun!
wink.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ May 18 2007, 01:52 AM) Ahhh geee....none of you will wish to hang with me, as I will have a gaggle of little ones with me who love anime like their "Yaya" does. My brother's kids.
laugh.gif
I want to take them with me so they can get "animetized."
laugh.gif
Well, I know all of us are going to have fun!
wink.gif

I wouldn't mind spending some time with yah
happy.gif
(teacher in training here
wink.gif
)

Mamori-dono...that is nice of you. Well, I will see what happens..I mean I will have like maybe, three screaming, lovely, teenaged girls and two handsome, little boys ......so if I can socialize and keep an eye on them and take in all that is to be seen at the convention, well, I will be mighty proud indeed!
laugh.gif
Ah...looking forward to it.

doesn't look like ill be there for the concert, but maybe for one of the panels or autograph sessions if i win a drawing XD.
------------
Anime Expo® 2007, Bandai Entertainment Inc., And Kadokawa Pictures USA Announce “SOS Brigade Invasion Tour”

May 25, 2007 (Anaheim, CA) – Anime Expo® 2007, Bandai Entertainment Inc., and Kadokawa Pictures USA announced today that the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya will be celebrated at this year’s Anime Expo® convention, held at the Long Beach Convention Center June 29-July 2, 2007, with the “SOS Brigade Invasion Tour.”

The SOS Brigade is a reference to the school club formed by Haruhi Suzumiya, the eccentric lead character of this series, which has been nothing short of a phenomenon in Japan and is making its North American debut on DVD on May 29th 2007.

Aya Hirano (Haruhi), Yuko Goto (Mikuru), and Minori Chihara (Yuki), renowned worldwide for their performances in both the Haruhi television series and the character soundtracks will be attending as Official Guests of Honor at this year’s Anime Expo®.

In addition to appearing on panels and having autograph sessions, the three voice leads, will also be performing in a live concert on Saturday June 30th 2007 at 4:30 pm at the Long Beach Arena, next to the convention center. They will be performing such hit songs as “Bouken Desho Desho?” and “Hare Hare Yukai.” Winner of Bandai Entertainment Inc. Haruhi Dance contest will be allowed to come up on stage and perform the infamous dance with the voice actresses, live on stage. The concert will be free for Anime Expo® attendees.

“We are excited to be working with Anime Expo® and Kadokawa Pictures USA to bring the voice talents who have made Haruhi so successful in Japan for their first appearance in North America,” said Ken Iyadomi, President of Bandai Entertainment. “Please join us as the SOS Brigade Invasion continues.”

Aya Hirano, Yuko Goto and Minori Chihara join Tetsuro Araki, Eisaku Inoue, Masaru Kitao, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and ORESKABAND as Anime Expo® 2007 Official Guests of Honor.

All registrants who register before the end of May are automatically placed into the drawing. Those who have already pre-registered are also automatically entered into this drawing. Secure pre-registration can be done via online at:

https://secure.rhq.com/anime/anime2007/attreg/index.cgi.

Attendees interested in booking flights, car rentals and/or other hotels for Anime Expo® 2007 can do so via the AX Travel Store located at www.AXTravelStore.com.

For more information, please visit www.anime-expo.org or www.asosbrigade.com

AYA HIRANO
Born October 8, 1987 in the Aichi Prefecture. Aya Hirano has risen from relative obscurity to become the hottest young voice actress in Japan. Highly regarded and extremely well known for her role as the title character, Haruhi Suzumiya, in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Derived from the popular series of light novels, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya has become a cultural phenomenon in Japan.
Aya Hirano’s career was further cemented with the release of the Bouken Desho Desho CD Single, featuring her vocals which subsequently sold out of Japanese stores upon its first day for release. She has since gone on to win the first annual seiyu awards for “Best Newcomer” for her role as the character – Haruhi Suzumiya.
YUKO GOTO
A seasoned voice actress, Yuko Goto has had roles in several hit anime and game series including the popular Shuffle! As of recent, Yuko Goto has grabbed the attention of the anime community for her performance as the sexy but timid Mikuru Asahina in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The character has since gone on to consistently fall into the top 50 favorite anime characters (source: Animage), with Yuko’s Character CD for Mikuru Asahina reaching 14 on the Oricon charts (note: Oricon is the Japanese Equivalent of the American Billboards).
MINORI CHIHARA
Born November 18; Minori Chihara has managed to segue a career as a voice actress with her debuting as Aya Natsume in the series Tenjho Tenge. However, Minori’s true claim to fame arrived when she provided her vocal talents to the hit series The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya where she played the quiet and bookish Yuki Nagato. She gained further attention as a voice actress as well as a singer with the release of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Character CD – Yuki Nagato which found itself being a massive hit among anime fans, reaching a peak of 13 on the Japanese Oricon Charts. Continuing her success from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Minori has since lent her voice talents as a lead character in Kyoto Animation’s new series Lucky Star.

About Bandai Entertainment Inc.
Bandai Entertainment Inc. is a subsidiary of Namco Bandai Holdings (USA) Inc. and the premier distributor of Japanese animation on DVD and programming for television broadcast in North America. Titles include Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Ghost in the Shell, Gundam Seed Destiny, My Hime, and many more. Additional company and product information is available through our website at www.bandai-ent.com.

About Kadokawa Pictures USA
Kadokawa Pictures USA (KPUSA) the Los Angeles-based arm of the Japanese Kadokawa Group Holdings, Inc. (KGH, Inc) expands its brand of content in the growing international world of multimedia. KPUSA, remakes films and distributes its film libraries of live-action and anime from over 1700 film titles. KGH, Inc. includes Kadokawa Shoten Publishing, one of the largest publishers in Japan with over 60 year history, Japan's major production and distribution division, Kadokawa Pictures and a physical film studio, Kadokawa Daiei Film Studio.

About Anime Expo®
Located in Long Beach, California - Anime Expo®, the nation’s largest anime/manga convention, serves to foster trade, commerce and the interests of the general public and animation/ comics industry. This event serves as a key meeting place for the general public to express their interest and explore various aspects of anime/manga, as well as for members of the industry to conduct business. AX 2007 will be held June 29 – July 2, 2007 at the Long Beach Convention Center in Southern California. SPONSORS: ADV Films, Bandai Entertainment, Copic Markers, Digital Manga, Gaia Online, Go! Media, Infinity Studios, Imaginasian TV (IaTV) and the Los Angeles Times. More information can be found at its website (www.anime-expo.org).

About Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation
The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA) is a non-profit organization with a mission to popularize and educate the American public about anime and manga, as well as provide a forum to facilitate communication between professionals and fans. This organization is more popularly known by its entertainment property – Anime Expo®. More information can be found at its website (www.spja.org).

OHH this is the first information I've heard! I'm definitely gonna enjoy this when I get to the convention!

Anyways, I got some plans going with my group. So far, we plan on going as the Espada group people (hell yeah!). Right now we're working up some finance with the costumes. So if you wanna look for me, look for Espada numero 9 baby!

Anime Expo's tomorrow. If you got a phone or something, and wanna get in touch with me, PM me for my info and all
tongue.gif

also, i'm not going as an Espada... i'm going as a menos grande XD

plus: look for the red-head/carrot top teen
smile.gif

Well, guys, I'm done going to AX for this year, and what the hell, it was better on days 2 and 3!

Day one: Registration was insanely long, and the opening ceremony was pretty funny because of the mistakes the host made. After that, we got to see Hirano Aya (she doesn't have that big smile I expected from the PVs she made) and the female members of the Haruhi Suzumiya cast, as well as a special ASOS Brigade from Japan that joined AX to present the Haruhi group (got their autographs!) Also got autograph from Mimika (song artist)!

Day 2: I went as a menos grande! Kinda dull at first because me and my friends were in line for the SOS brigade autograph session, but it was cancelled, so we wasted 2 hours in line. However, later in the day we went to their concert, and it #&^$ing rocked! (the only sad part was the technicians; they kept crashing the computers that run the videos). The Kon bloopers were hilarious! Other than that, I think the other best part was... Me and my friends doing the lucky star dance (i'll find you guys the video of us on youtube later, my camera screwed up on videos.)

Day 3: I went as a menos grande again from bleach. Better than day one, but only in the afternoon. We got in line for the same autograph signing, and turns out we didn't get in because they only accepted the first 50 people for signing + 50 people with a special receipt (guess what, we were the 231st person in line.... stupid agents). After that, there was a Bleach gathering, and my group did the best in presenting, starting with the Lucky Star dance, then dancing random things. In the end, that was the best part out of the whole trip to AX (besides the Aya Hirano Concert). I'll send you the pictures an acquaintance took of the whole Bleach Gathering (I love my SEXY pose XD)

Day 4: Not going; had summer school, and since thursday night I haven't been eating well nor sleeping well.

I'll send you pictures and youtube videos as soon as I get in touch with the people who took them. Till then, this is Hamsusuke, signing off AX!

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Jul 01 2007, 06:19 PM) Well, guys, I'm done going to AX for this year, and what the hell, it was better on days 2 and 3!

Day one: Registration was insanely long, and the opening ceremony was pretty funny because of the mistakes the host made. After that, we got to see Hirano Aya (she doesn't have that big smile I expected from the PVs she made) and the female members of the Haruhi Suzumiya cast, as well as a special ASOS Brigade from Japan that joined AX to present the Haruhi group (got their autographs!) Also got autograph from Mimika (song artist)!

Day 2: I went as a menos grande! Kinda dull at first because me and my friends were in line for the SOS brigade autograph session, but it was cancelled, so we wasted 2 hours in line. However, later in the day we went to their concert, and it #&^$ing rocked! (the only sad part was the technicians; they kept crashing the computers that run the videos). The Kon bloopers were hilarious! Other than that, I think the other best part was... Me and my friends doing the lucky star dance (i'll find you guys the video of us on youtube later, my camera screwed up on videos.)

Day 3: I went as a menos grande again from bleach. Better than day one, but only in the afternoon. We got in line for the same autograph signing, and turns out we didn't get in because they only accepted the first 50 people for signing + 50 people with a special receipt (guess what, we were the 231st person in line.... stupid agents). After that, there was a Bleach gathering, and my group did the best in presenting, starting with the Lucky Star dance, then dancing random things. In the end, that was the best part out of the whole trip to AX (besides the Aya Hirano Concert). I'll send you the pictures an acquaintance took of the whole Bleach Gathering (I love my SEXY pose XD)

Day 4: Not going; had summer school, and since thursday night I haven't been eating well nor sleeping well.

I'll send you pictures and youtube videos as soon as I get in touch with the people who took them. Till then, this is Hamsusuke, signing off AX!
OOOOOHHHH, Hama-sama! I wanted to go but the gaggle of babies I took care of this weekend, just did not make it possible! I am so looking forward to your pictures and seeing you in action! Perhaps, you will share a little of your adventures on Teamspeak one fine day?
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back