Bleach

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 20 2012, 12:34 PM) And so after all of these years, ardent bleach fans telling me Ichigo gained his hollow powers through Urahara's training in the pits, Ginjo just drops in that this is seldom the case.

Narratively, a mess.
Well, it was kinda obvious since the moment we met Vaizards that Ichigo's mask had nothing to do with Urahara's way.

The only reason why Ichigo did not have the mask from the start was only because he wasn't actually using his own power, but Rukia's.

Albeit some obvious plotholes Kubo did manage to straighten things up at least a little bit, though.

QUOTE (qrdel @ Mar 25 2012, 02:13 PM) Well, it was kinda obvious since the moment we met Vaizards that Ichigo's mask had nothing to do with Urahara's way.

The only reason why Ichigo did not have the mask from the start was only because he wasn't actually using his own power, but Rukia's.

Albeit some obvious plotholes Kubo did manage to straighten things up at least a little bit, though.
My point was the complete and utter asininity of Bleach fans who work on the logic of plausibility.

If I wanted (but I cant be bothered) I could dredge up a comment from someone telling me in the manga thread that it was obvious that Ichigo hollows powers was gained in Urahara pits and that any one with half a brain would have realised this by now because Kubo should not be having to explain things that are blatantly obvious. Many fans thought along these lines just due to the complete unwillingness to be objective to realise that Bleach is a hole ridden story.

Secondly, given Ginjo overall insignificant bearings on the manga, it feels a bit cheap to explain something that should actually be a massive plot point from a random guy. Infact it feels like Ginjo was created just to express that specific point.

It would have been better if Isshin explained his and Masaki's past and the circumstances of Ichigo's birth when he was teaching Ichigo FGT in the tunnel. Such a thing would make narrative sense, as the time naturally arose for Ichigo to learn the truth.

If Ichigo still doesnt knows Isshin past by now, again that is narratively stupid. I would find it incredulous that Ichigo would still not know after the timeskip occurred. The only way Kubo can salvage that is if when readers/viewer learns Isshin past Kubo segues back to the time in the tunnels and shows Isshin explained everything to him back then. It would somewhat reduces the cheapness of revelations that should have come ages ago.

Well, Ichigo did conveniently and nonchalantly reply to Isshin's "I'm sure you expect some answers" by saying 'Nah, not really, I don't give a damn.'

The same goes this time around - Ginjo explains half of the loopholes in the storyline and as a response Ichigo does immediate bankai while shouting "Shut up!'. This at least explains what the show is about - fighting rather than any sort of straightforward plotline.

QUOTE (qrdel @ Mar 26 2012, 06:18 AM)Well, Ichigo did conveniently and nonchalantly reply to Isshin's "I'm sure you expect some answers" by saying 'Nah, not really, I don't give a damn.'

With that quote even Isshin admits because they were in a crisis the time had naturally arose for Ichigo to learn the truth. By Ichigo saying no I dont want to know especially at that point in time, it makes Ichigo less believable as a character. Any character driven by real motivations would want to know the truth, especially if you winning an upcoming death match hinges upon that truth. It makes me become aware of the machinations which as a reader/viewer I should never be aware of.

QUOTE The same goes this time around - Ginjo explains half of the loopholes in the storyline and as a response Ichigo does immediate bankai while shouting "Shut up!'. This at least explains what the show is about - fighting rather than any sort of straightforward plotline.

Correct, part of the beauty of the Rescue Rukia arc was the story was just enough to manoeuvre Ichigo into fights. Somewhere, in between the story started to taking precedence over the fights and the problems to me at least, became glaringly obvious and more prominent over time. Kubo had the plan that Bleach would last five years. For all purposes included it makes sense but when one arc take 4 years in itself to complete, something has become bloated and indulgent.

And even if the fighting is what Bleach is about, can you say that the current fullbring fights are memorable infact are they even good. Maybe im bias but the fights seem a bit pointless especially with SS not even breaking a sweat and ending it in 5 mins or so.

The only thing I found fascinating was the names/references to songs and bands of fullbringers abilities. Like Yukio's "invaders must die" ability.

So it will end tomorrow. I'm okay with this ending but Gintama' and Beelzebub in the same week, kind of a bummer week for Shounen fans.
wink.gif

QUOTE And even if the fighting is what Bleach is about, can you say that the current fullbring fights are memorable infact are they even good. Maybe im bias but the fights seem a bit pointless especially with SS not even breaking a sweat and ending it in 5 mins or so.

Really, I haven't seen an interesting fight since... well, since Ichigo actually using his skills to defeat Byakuya. Sad, but true. And SS vs HM war arc was so blatant, that I'd rather not say anything about the level of combat there. Flash step at the back, slash, ups I missed, 10 chaps of talking and spilling shid, another flash step bla bla bla.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 26 2012, 10:57 AM) So it will end tomorrow.
Yep, I hear tell as well, it will end. I am currently on episode 284 and just taking my sweet anime time watching the Aizen saga about to unfold...his having sliced at Hallibell now begins his long awaited confrontation with SS head on until of course, Ichigo returns.
wink.gif
As far as this one goes...while I am no expert unlike other posters herein, my thoughts have always leaned towards Aizen and company as the most interesting of all the arcs ever to be Bleach told. Aizen~sama...the only reason I decided to pick it up again after having dropped it due to Ichigo boredom.
wink.gif

It was a really good ending.

My guess is that they will finish out the series in theatrical releases every couple years til end. They have made a lot of money off the previous, non-canon theatrical releases. That combined with the TV Series ending can only mean bigger profits for upcoming movies.

I'm hope I'm correct on this.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-a...022711478_n.jpg

According to Kubo the anime is returning late march. Definitely a good thing because the anime usually fixes (or makes more tolerable) some problems I have with the manga.

Also since I am no longer able to comprehend Kubo's artistry i'm sure the anime will expand on some of the things I didnt understand in the manga.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Mar 02 2013, 06:05 AM) http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-a...022711478_n.jpg
According to Kubo the anime is returning late march. Definitely a good thing because the anime usually fixes (or makes more tolerable) some problems I have with the manga.
Also since I am no longer able to comprehend Kubo's artistry i'm  sure the anime will expand on some of the things I didnt understand in the manga.

Glad I am fluent in Spanish and could read the translated message. Hum...Of course, MAL Bleach fans are reporting the tweet is fake.
rolleyes.gif

I may watch it and hope it will be done with more taste and panache than was that horrid last arc...what was it again? The Fullbringer arc?
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the heads up, franzoir-san.
wink.gif

I stopped watching the bleach and naruto animes when all the fillers started and since then i have been reading the manga, there are characters that only appear in the anime and i wanted to start again from like 310 after the fight with Aizen.

Can someone help me and list me some of the best groups subbing bleach at the moment? english subs only. 720p or 1080p is fine.

Mod Note: Klyern - I merged your topic with the existing Bleach thread, please search for an existing thread before you make a new topic next time
smile.gif
And, because Bleach is licensed, we cannot openly name sub groups. However maybe somebody will privately message you with that information
wink.gif
(unfortunately I have not kept up with Bleach at all, so I have no idea) - julezia

At the moment, noones subbing bleach cause it ended over a year ago.

You can watch bleach over at Crunchyroll though. Pretty sure they got every episode.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/bleach

QUOTE (VyktorJonas @ Sep 20 2014, 07:56 PM) bump
any news on the return?
smile.gif

Unfortunately no at this point in time. I would glad to see it return but without fillers, I wouldn't mind a HxH-like remake either.

I was hoping for another movie in the works, but haven't heard of anything like that either. I have what 366 episodes and all 4 movies. I cant believe that Naruto or some others had more episodes made into anime where Bleach got cut, but oh well.

QUOTE (Fdraven @ Sep 21 2014, 03:24 AM) I was hoping for another movie in the works, but haven't heard of anything like that either. I have what 366 episodes and all 4 movies. I cant believe that Naruto or some others had more episodes made into anime where Bleach got cut, but oh well.
Well the anime caught up to the manga but out of the BIG 3, Bleach's anime counterpart was truly awful at times, it was littered with filler content throughout the Hueco Mundo Arc, which made it quite unbearable to watch.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back