Borderlands

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Barbobot

-the Pirate King
Retired

Plot
In the distant future, several colonization ships journey to Pandora, a planet on the edge of the galaxy. The colonists are drawn to the planet in search of a better life and the prospect of striking it rich by claiming the vast deposits of mineral resources rumored to be there. After finally arriving, the colonists discover that the planet is barren of anything of significant value other than deteriorated alien ruins scattered across the land. Those who can afford to do so leave Pandora, and those who remain revolve around chaos and lawlessness. Some of the settlers seek to get rich quick by discovering alien technology, but most others are just trying to survive. After seven Earth years, Pandora's orbit brings it to the transition from winter to spring, and many horrifying creatures emerge from hibernation.

A beacon of hope for the remaining colonists emerges in the form of a mysterious vault carved in the side of a mountain. This vault is said to contain vast stores of alien technology and secrets. However, the people who discovered the vault were completely wiped out by some sort of protective force, and the only evidence of their discovery is a scattered radio transmission proclaiming the vault's majesty, but not its location. (from wiki)

Gameplay
Borderlands features four player online cooperative play, which allows players to join and leave games whenever they want to, along with other single-player and multiplayer modes, and a very large amount of weapons. Players can choose from four different playable characters who each have their own unique abilities and skill trees.[4] In addition, players may have access to customizable vehicles for "vehicular combat" and will also be able to customize their pre-selected character. Defeated enemies will sometimes drop equipment, which is then available for players to pick up. (from wiki)

Borderlands is one of the games that I've been eagerly waiting to be released. I had wanted to get it for the PC because I already knew a few people getting it for PC, but decided that my laptop was not good enough to run the game at satisfactory settings. So I just got home from Gamestop about 30 minutes ago with the 360 version of Borderlands in hand. What I really want to know and the reason I started this thread is I want to know who has this for 360 to see if we can do some Co-Op. I'd really like to do some, but don't know anyone who owns/will own this game for 360. Let me know and maybe we can get some co-op going. I'm probably gonna try playing Lilith, then maybe play it again as Mordecai after that, but Lilith for now.

GT: WtrMan

Not exactly my Day 1 purchase, but I will most definitely get it for the PC. I may be wrong regarding this, but Borderlands really seems like it could turn out to be what Hellgate: London should've been aka. Diablo-esque FPS with loot galore.

My little brother might get it for the 360... though he is only 12, not sure you want to play with a squeaky kid like him huhuhu~

I don't plan to get it now but I will have it soon for the PS3 when I'm not so poor. I am loving the Co-Op gaming, but it's hard to find anyone I actually know to play with, but I have met some nice people online. If only they would stop asking if the voice changer is on...

ahh you played hellgate too arbiter
it was too bad that got shut down i really enjoyed it too
but yes it seems very much like hellgate london
i managed to get both hellgate and borderlands for free though
preloaded and ready for monday

Just got done a nice 3-hour play session and I have to say I thoroughly love this game. The cel-shaded graphics look great and I'm having such a fun time going around, grabbing new weapons and completing quests. Managed to just reach lvl 10 before quitting as I figured it might be about time for me to go grab some food. Luckily also I found at least 2 of my friends do have this, though both are higher levels than me, a lvl 18 Hunter and 32 Hunter. At least that makes me happy for choosing Lilith instead of Mordecai since both of them are already Hunters.

I love what happens when you die too, how you can get a 2nd wind if you can kill an enemy as you lay on the ground. That was a very welcome surprise the first time it happened and saved myself a few times after that. It's not hard to get a 2nd wind when you have a pretty powerful shotgun and are being swarmed by Skags.

I'll definitely buy this on my next paycheck, so we should totally play.

At the same time I'll also get a mic.

Gt - Pachuloz

so it seems theres a major bug for pc players
such as the list of servers to join a game is so long you crash trying to load it
private games being to yourself when they should be for you and your friends which leads to more public servers
and then alot of being unable to join on your friends 99% of the time
its a fun game for sure
i just hope that gets fixed eventually

QUOTE (Chooie @ Oct 27 2009, 12:41 AM) so it seems theres a major bug for pc players
such as the list of servers to join a game is so long you crash trying to load it
private games being to yourself when they should be for you and your friends which leads to more public servers
and then alot of being unable to join on your friends 99% of the time
its a fun game for sure
i just hope that gets fixed eventually
Hopefully they will. I know the PS3 version had the same problem with not being able to join friends games, but that was mostly fixed i believe.

Anyway, still loving the game. Just reached lvl 23. Couldn't wait for my last class of the day to finish today cause after that I pretty much spent the entire rest of the day and night playing.

Bought the game the others day for PS3, managed to play a couple of times til level 16.
I've been playing with splitscreen, kinda have to get used to it but once you're used to how everything works it's pretty fun. ^ ^
There are little things here and there that could use some polishing but other than that it's great gameplay, I have yet to play online though. o:
I've been playing as the Siren, against the muscle dude I feel so short. o_o
If anyone is interested there is a skill tree you can play with on their official site. :3

QUOTE (Emi-chan @ Oct 28 2009, 07:59 PM) Bought the game the others day for PS3, managed to play a couple of times til level 16.
I've been playing with splitscreen, kinda have to get used to it but once you're used to how everything works it's pretty fun. ^ ^
There are little things here and there that could use some polishing but other than that it's great gameplay, I have yet to play online though. o:
I've been playing as the Siren, against the muscle dude I feel so short. o_o
If anyone is interested there is a skill tree you can play with on their official site. :3
I'm absolutely loving the Siren. I feel like I rape face with my corrosion/fire/shock attacks. Currently rocking a fire revolver, corrosive repeater, fire SMG, and fire combat rifle along with a +ignite dmg class mod, though I have plenty of other weapons in reserve in my backpack. I just find fire the most fun and useful, though I always hear that corrosion is the best elemental. Just hit lvl 29 about 20 minutes ago. They really need to fix her assassin tree cause from what I hear the last ability of the assassin tree, the one that increases melee dmg coming out of phase walk, just doesn't work. Currently rocking full elemental, though I need to retool some things with it.

Edit: The name of that ability is Phase Strike. Couldn't remember the name of it before. Also apparently Silent Resolve also is broken and does absolutely nothing.
I love this game, but it sure has quite a few glitches/broken components in it that I hope will all get patched sooner rather than later. At the very least the glitches and such are all really more minor things that have never once gotten in the way of my enjoyment with the game.

I can actually say this game is addicting.

Have lvl 25ish Hunter, Berserker, Soldier all made it to New Haven and a bit beyond.

I am loving my Volcano Sniper Rifle! Oranges are so sexy. gotta love shield penetration + splash damage.

anyone here got good oranges?

btw let me know if any you guys have it for PC and wanna Co op.

I have a few, but don't use them too often.

(Edited with correct orange/yellow weapons)
A SMG that I only keep around cause it has +10 ammo regen. The one I use has more than double the dmg.
A Repeater that I used for a little while cause it had x4 corrosion, but I don't use repeaters too much now.
A Revolver that I keep around for the same reason as the SMG, +ammo regen. The dmg is high, but I have a purple that's higher.

But dam, 3 characters around 25? I've only been focusing on my Siren for now. Have her at lvl 41 on the 2nd playthrough and am just about to take on Sledge.

Edit: I'm still looking for a really good fire Combat Rifle and a Hellfire SMG. Currently using an elemental-less SMG cause of it's dmg and a fire CR with only 56 dmg. Then with my Firefly mod (+44% fire, +3 Spark, +3 Phoenix, +4 Divo) I'd rape.

You are getting there. I can't quite remember how much is left to go.
But just for some reference I beat the game around level 36 and that's with doing every side quest. Just a bit over a full day's worth of playtime I think.

its really addicting but i havnt been playing much lol
end up playing eve instead >.<

EDIT: eve is a game that can be considered boring for some aspects of it

Got this game and have been working away at it. Currently have a Siren (lvl 28ish), Soldier (lvl 13), and Rock (lvl 18).
Really enjoy Rock b/c he can just take EVERYTHING you throw at him and laugh as he blasts your head off with a shotgun xD
That said, I've been concentrating on my Siren, going Controller tree. Everything gets Dazed =D Every bullet I shoot has a 10% chance to daze, and every time I melee, I have a 100% chance to daze, lots of fun cause no one moves xD
I'm also a little over-leveled for where I am right now I think, I only rarely get quests that are 'normal' difficulty, and haven't had a tough or hard quest in a really really long time. Most of my quests are trivial...I kill almost every enemy (including badass enemies) I come against in only one burst from my SMG, and rarely go below half shields (though that may be because of my shield - 400ish - and skills, Diva gives plus % to my shield, and another skill gives me fast shield regen whenever I kill an enemy = constantly).
Presently, I use pretty much all weapons without elements. Keep a rifle tucked away with x4 corrosive just in case though, and have a fire triple rocket launcher for the biggies. Usually use my SMG (46 x2 dmg w/ 8 fire rate + skill bonuses), but have a quest sniper rifle (no scope but over 300 dmg - Whitting's Elephant Gun), Shotgun that does something like 78x11 dmg w/ 30 acc, 2 shots per reload, and a helix rocket launcher that does 381x3 dmg, 3 shots per reload.

I'm actually kind of disappointed - even though I rape everything so easily - that I haven't been able to find a better SMG or any even semi-decent SMGs with elements. Every SMG I find that does more than 40 dmg seems to have a crappy as hell fire rate or accuracy that's less than 30. Every elemental SMG I've found only does less than 30 dmg...Meanwhile, I find Combat Rifles all the time that do well over 80 dmg no element, and 60-70 dmg w/ x2 elements =/
On the other hand, my Rock seems to find super powerful SMGs ALL THE FKN TIME which pisses me off to no end. He's already so strong with his CR/Rocket Launcher, and yet he manages to find Element SMGs with over 40 dmg all the time
sleep.gif

Oh, and if anyone was wondering, I use a Mercenary class mod on my Siren, gives +36% SMG dmg, +2 High Velocity skill, +2 Quicksilver skill, +7 SMG regen. Also have another mod I carry around that gives +36% SMG dmg, +2 High Velocity, +3 Quicksilver, +2 Girl Power.

The low dmg of elemental SMGs can easily be made up by Lilith's class mods. I rock a 93dmg SMG with either x2 or x3 Fire. Add that to my Firefly class mod that's +52% fire dmg and everything just falls over or burns to death (aside from guardians, though I have a shock revolver, CR, and SMG for them). Elementals all the way though. I currently keep 5 different SMGs (fire, corrosive, shock, explosive, ammo regen), 5 snipers (fire, corrosive, shock, explosive, high powered 950+dmg) 4 CRs (fire, shock, corrosive, ammo regen), 4 revolvers (fire, shock, corrosive, high dmg), and then a few shotguns/repeaters and only 1 rocket launcher. Never use eridian weapons though cause they kinda suck.

But that 46x2 SMG is very good. I know on my 2nd playthrough I kept with the Bone Shredder from one of the mini boss type enemies near Fyrestone for a pretty long time (64x2 if i remember correctly since it has since been sold).

If you go after every side quest than you usually won't be seeing quests that are ranked tough for your level. Everything will most likely be normal or trivial. Although that's not to say they aren't hard as when you start running into the Crimson Lance and Guardians things can get pretty hard.

I've kinda run out of things to do now with my Siren though aside from chest farming New Haven (still want a good Double Anarchy and Hellfire SMG). I reached lvl 50 and beat the 2nd Playthrough and have had 9,999,999 money for a long time. Actually that's only an invisible barrier as it just stops counting after 9,999,999. No clue how much money I actually have. But it's ok cause I just bought CoD: MW2 today.

I played this for a while and unfortunately, was rather disappointed and got bored of it really quickly. It plays too much like an MMO and those things are usually not my type of games. It's got some cool concepts, but not a very satisfying game that everyone was getting hyped up about.
Not to mention that with Dragon Age having come out recently, that might be a better game if you're looking for something to kill time. 120 hours on "normal" mode, which isn't all that easy. Now if I could just find a way for my computer to run it (note that I don't have a graphics card aside from the pathetic one that came with my laptop)

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Nov 12 2009, 09:27 PM) The low dmg of elemental SMGs can easily be made up by Lilith's class mods. I rock a 93dmg SMG with either x2 or x3 Fire. Add that to my Firefly class mod that's +52% fire dmg and everything just falls over or burns to death (aside from guardians, though I have a shock revolver, CR, and SMG for them). Elementals all the way though. I currently keep 5 different SMGs (fire, corrosive, shock, explosive, ammo regen), 5 snipers (fire, corrosive, shock, explosive, high powered 950+dmg) 4 CRs (fire, shock, corrosive, ammo regen), 4 revolvers (fire, shock, corrosive, high dmg), and then a few shotguns/repeaters and only 1 rocket launcher. Never use eridian weapons though cause they kinda suck.

But that 46x2 SMG is very good. I know on my 2nd playthrough I kept with the Bone Shredder from one of the mini boss type enemies near Fyrestone for a pretty long time (64x2 if i remember correctly since it has since been sold).

If you go after every side quest than you usually won't be seeing quests that are ranked tough for your level. Everything will most likely be normal or trivial. Although that's not to say they aren't hard as when you start running into the Crimson Lance and Guardians things can get pretty hard.

I've kinda run out of things to do now with my Siren though aside from chest farming New Haven (still want a good Double Anarchy and Hellfire SMG). I reached lvl 50 and beat the 2nd Playthrough and have had 9,999,999 money for a long time. Actually that's only an invisible barrier as it just stops counting after 9,999,999. No clue how much money I actually have. But it's ok cause I just bought CoD: MW2 today.
Trust me, if I EVER found an SMG that did 90 damage with an element, I'd be satisfied xD But yeah, elementals on weapons that only do 30ish dmg just aren't very good where I'm at, I've tried.
That said, I carry around a couple elemental weapons just in case things get tough - like my corrosive rifle and shock pistol - but don't really ever use them. Just don't find anything worthwhile. If I could find a good fire weapon I'd be in love.

I've found several Double Anarchy SMGs before, sold every one of them. They do very high damage and usually have a pretty good fire rate too, but their accuracy is so low, and I tend not to be in close range, that they're pretty much worthless to me. As is said in game "There's no point in having a high power gun if you can't hit anything..." (goes on to say something about buy such and such for accuracy you can trust or something like that).

Now, today I found an SMG that only has 56 dmg, was absolutely amazed though that it was that high xD I'm actually using it now because it has about double the fire rate of my old 46x2 and higher accuracy, more recoil reduction, and almost instantaneous reload time. I get more damage output in a fight with it than with my old one. Still no element though =/

Kit-Tsukasa: The game is a mix of both RPG and FPS, and I think they blend really well, I don't think it's overly MMO ish (though, that said, it IS intended to be played online with 3 friends if possible, which changes the way you play drastically). However, I do think the game caters to a specific crowd: the people who aren't totally into RPGs but like playing them occasionally and the people who enjoy FPS but they aren't their life. That happens to hit on a very wide crowd - basically everyone who isn't hardcore in either genre xD I personally enjoy it very much; I enjoy both RPGs and FPS in general too, though I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near hardcore in either genre.

After I finish playing through the game on my siren though, I'm going to take a break and start playing some Dragon Age though =P Maybe I'll come back and do a second playthrough on my siren or start a different class afterwards.

Double Anarchy's are pretty much a shotgun for Lilith. As soon as they fix Silent Resolve since at the moment it's broken you could use a Mercenary Mod and just phasewalk and phaseblast into a group of enemies and mow them all down with an Anarchy. Add to that the ability to daze on phaseblast and you win. Though personally I prefer the more accurate elemental ones.

Anyway, took me a looooong time to find that Burning SMG as I didn't really get it till lvl 47+. Still not a Combustion Hellfire which is suppose to pretty much be the best weapon for Lilith.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back