Browser Keeps Closing

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

chiisai_hana

-nipah!
Retired
At first I thought it was just a problem with FTV, but now I'm experiencing problems on other sites. When I try to click on download links in Full Service, my Firefox closes without notice. The same thing is now happening when I try to upload photos on Facebook (before it loads the uploader, it shuts down without notice).

I'm guessing something is wrong with something like java ... anyone know?

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Jun 26 2007, 11:07 AM) At first I thought it was just a problem with FTV, but now I'm experiencing problems on other sites. When I try to click on download links in Full Service, my Firefox closes without notice. The same thing is now happening when I try to upload photos on Facebook (before it loads the uploader, it shuts down without notice).

I'm guessing something is wrong with something like java ... anyone know?
Sounds like a Java issue. Try accessing another site that uses Java aside from FTV and Facebook. I've had a similar problem before except my browser just constantly closed whereever I went.

Hey, have you tried opening your firefox browser in safe mode? It could be one of the plugins/add-ons that is causing the problem.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jun 26 2007, 11:29 PM) Try accessing another site that uses Java aside from FTV and Facebook.
Do you happen to have a link to one?

QUOTE (chreyzee @ Jun 27 2007, 12:31 AM)Hey, have you tried opening your firefox browser in safe mode? It could be one of the plugins/add-ons that is causing the problem.
Didn't know about safemode in Firefox. How do you access it, and how would you find out if something wasn't working right? (Although it probably is java)

Well, based on the description of your problem, it seems that your browser keeps on crashing. I don't think a java issue will cause your browser to crash (then again who knows). You just have to try all possibilities.
smile.gif

To start Firefox in safe mode, press Start->Mozilla Firefox->select Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). You will be presented with several options. You just need to tick the check box for "disable all add-ons" and then proceed. Now, try browsing several web sites to test the browser (those with and those without java script). If using Firefox in safe mode fixes the problem, you have to determine which add-on is causing the problem. In the Firefox browser, go to tools->add-ons and disable all your add-ons except one. Afterwards restart the browser and do some tests. If there is a need, do this for each of the add-ons. If you have determined which add-on is causing the problem, uninstall this add-on and then reinstall this add-on from the Firefox web site.

By the way, what add-ons does your browser have? Did you recently do a Firefox update? Did you do an add-on update?

Just tested safemode with uploading photos on facebook and it still crashed.

I only have Adblock Plus & Download Status Bar on my Firefox enabled. I disabled Flashgot, Talkback and Google Toolbar which came with Firefox. I reinstalled it in May after I did a complete wipe of my computer. I haven't had any recent updates (in the past week).

Could you try safe mode again and, this time, tick all of the options. Test it again. If you have another web browser, try using that to browse (just to test if the problem is with Firefox itself). And would you be willing to try uninstalling and reinstalling your Firefox browser? If it's alright with you, could you try that too.

I tried safemode with all options ticked. I tested using full service downloading and as soon as I clicked on the link, Firefox closed. I then did the exact same thing using Internet Explorer. It also shut down as soon as I clicked on the full service link.

Is there a way to test which java (if any) I have on my computer?

Go to My Computer->Control Panel. You should see the java control panel there. Double click that and, in the general tab, click the button labeled "about". Then, you might want to check the Temporary Internet Files settings. I have mine set at unlimited. In the advanced tab, check the security settings. I have all checked except TLS 1.0.

If you have an older version of java, you might want to try updating it. If your java is the newest version, you might want to try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it.

You can try these too:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java#Java_consol...abled_-_Firefox
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back