Buying games through Steam

InuyashaX

-Hokage
Kouhai
I'm going to buy a package offered thru Steam, contains a bunch of Half Life games but most importantly, it has Left 4 Dead. Once I do buy the package of games, what am I given? Do I recieve a CD key? Obviosuly I recieve the full game downloads. My question is, will I be able to transfer those games to other computers without fear of it not working online.

As long as I run Steam on my new computer and copied the game files, I should be able to play online with no issues on multiple computers right?

Megiddo

-dono
Retired
Pretty much as long as you keep the same Steam ID, it will store all the games that you have bought there.

Like I bought a laptop and was able to put Left 4 Dead on it because I had previously bought it on Steam using my PC. I simply logged onto Steam and clicked Left 4 Dead and then downloaded all the install files.

It's rather simple. Just be sure to remember your Steam ID and password.

InuyashaX

-Hokage
Kouhai
QUOTE (Megiddo @ Mar 30 2009, 09:49 PM) Pretty much as long as you keep the same Steam ID, it will store all the games that you have bought there.

Like I bought a laptop and was able to put Left 4 Dead on it because I had previously bought it on Steam using my PC. I simply logged onto Steam and clicked Left 4 Dead and then downloaded all the install files.

It's rather simple. Just be sure to remember your Steam ID and password.
Thanks a lot, and yea I'll be sure to make a fresh new account before I buy.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more