Computer problems i want answer

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamdeath

-sama
Sempai
My computer refuse to do what i want when i turn the computer on it automatically loaded.
Then went into desktop then that it gone computer screen goes black but the tower still loading

any ideas on what's happening i need your help i am using my back up laptop to ask you

please answer asap

What operating system, equipment?

Do you have recover disks / os disks?

Any new software or components lately?

Did you go to any sites that start loading anti-virus software automatically lately?

QUOTE (snorky2k @ Aug 31 2009, 01:45 PM) What operating system, equipment?

Do you have recover disks / os disks?

Any new software or components lately?

Did you go to any sites that start loading anti-virus software automatically lately?
i have xp asus mother board

p4 2.99ghz

only thing is new is in side only old thing is hardrive and the shell

what do you mean by "screen goes black but the tower still loading"? From what I understand, you turned on the computer and logged in. From there the computer screen turned black without you doing anything else. A little bit more detail and maybe I can help you.

All I can guess right now is that there is a program that runs at start-up and messes up with your video output. If you have vista, you can use defender to turn off start-up programs or if you have xp, you can use System Configuration Utility in XP.

Does the video card have a fan? If so, is it turning or really dirty? Good time to look at CPU heatsink. Is the fan turning, heatsink clogged?

Is the cable between screen and computer loose?

Do you have a fan? open case and point it into computer. If that fixes problem then you have a heat sensitive part that you are either going to have to replace or help it cool by cleaning it.

Has the video card come loose?

QUOTE (snorky2k @ Aug 31 2009, 02:57 PM) Does the video card have a fan? If so, is it turning or really dirty? Good time to look at CPU heatsink. Is the fan turning, heatsink clogged?

Is the cable between screen and computer loose?

Do you have a fan? open case and point it into computer. If that fixes problem then you have a heat sensitive part that you are either going to have to replace or help it cool by cleaning it.

Has the video card come loose?
not really sure i open it it was dusty so i clean it so point it was clean but that about it turn it on did same thing

If the video card has a fan and it gets clogged, your computer would heat the video card up quickly and your system would fail within minutes.

Look for a one inch diameter fan and make sure that it turns. (Many older cards may just have a heatsink and no fan.

Look at your CPU again. Look between the blades of the fan and be sure that the space between the fins of your heat sink are not clogged. If the CPU overheated your computer would also go nuts. But, I am not sure that is the problem because your HDD light is coming on.

Get a can of compressed air and clean out your computer and power supply.

Sometimes driver errors can cause your screen to go black when your computer loads drivers upon startup/login. You can see if this is the problem by booting your computer in safe mode.

If the problem is fixed by using safe-mode, then the two most likely culprits are a driver error or a malicious/malfunctioning program. In the case of a driver error, you can attempt to reload your video drivers and/or other default drivers without formatting the computer by using either the software that came with your video card, or by performing a "repair" with your windows disk. In the case of a malicious/malfunctioning program, you can prevent the program from loading (this may require trial and error) by modifying the startup tab of your msconfig from safe mode.

They say it's the mother board cause the hard drive & video card works fine

but keeps freezing and stopping so they said it might be outdated video card & mother board could not overlap each other

Can you load the comp and use it in safe-more?

my computer is being repair since yesterday

Since the computer is in the shop and there's no more need from input from other users (and no real information was able to be found anyway), I'm gonna close this thread. If someone feels it should be reopened, please feel free to PM me or any of the other Sempais or FTV Team Members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back