Dragonball Series

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I'm for Gohan being stronger than Cell during the Cell Game. Let's consider their fight as even: Cell launches Cell Jr on Gohan who gets rid of them easily, Cell gets mad, strikes Gohan but basically two strong attacks take him down. Then Cell decides to play an a$$ and wipe out the whole planet, Gohan still being struck by the situation cannot respond, hence Goku dies. Gohan is now in rage, yet still stronger than Cell. Cell SSJ2 comes back from the dead, kills Trunks and wants to kill Vegeta but Gohan sacrifices his left arm to protect the Saiyan. Now, they're not even >.<.

Great kameha-battle commences, Gohan being overtaken by the pain, loss of the people he admired and loved is still holding up against Cell SSJ2's kameha - single handedly ~.~. Then the Z fighters strike at Cell, distract him a bit, Gohan increases his Kameha (which should've be that strong from the start, except that Gohan didn't have one arm functional and was crying for his father) and wipes out Cell.

In the end, it was Gohan who was stronger, had advantage and fought with more compassion. Yet his inexperienced Saiyan nature, bad luck and Cell's tricks combined gave the outcome...

I rewatched the fights between Mystic Gohan vs Super Buu (Picolo, Gotenks SS3 Absorbed) and the small fight between Goku SS3 vs Super Buu (Picolo, Gotenks SS3 Absorbed).

Gohan Fight:
Its clear after Buu absorbed Gotenks and Picolo, Gohan didnt stand a chance, he got creamed very quickly by Buu. Buu was mearly toying with him at that point.

Goku Fight:
Well its hard to tell since the fight was pretty short, but from Gokus reaction after he realised Gohan dropped the earring thus preventing them to fuse, it can be seen that Goku was scared and knew he didnt stand a chance. When Buu came at him, we can see Goku putting up a decent fight in the beginning, however Buu soon starts beating him and eventually Buu starts to charge in on Goku however at that time Gotenks defused thus making him weak again.

In conclusion, who is stronger, Mystic Gohan or SS3 Goku? Thats the age old question, they both equally seemed to get pummeled but I feel we didnt see enough of a fight from Goku. Its unclear whether or not hed suffer the same fate as his son or put up a better fight. I'll say this, they are very close in terms of power. If I had to guess, I'd say Mystic Gohan is stronger than SS3 Goku.

Heres another question: Who is stronger? Goku or Superman?

Youll be surprised on how many people said Superman was stronger.

I think this is so cause Superman is perhaps more famous in western culture, thus has a stronger fanbase.

In reality though, I think Goku is clearly stronger. Can Superman do a Kame Hame Ha? No, all he can do is that laser eye thing. Can Superman destroy the Earth? Perhaps, but not as easily as Goku.

Heres proof:
Goku sees Superman, Goku goes SS3, he charges at Superman, Superman charges at Goku, lets see hmmm, who do you think would give the bigger punch? Goku knocks Superman to the ground then does a Kame Hame Ha, Superman uses his eye laser on it... I think you know the outcome.

Is general all Superman has that Goku doesnt is smarts, he posesses a better brain and mabey knows better fighting tactics whereas Goku just charges at you. But in the end, Goku has a far greater power, you really think a bullet is faster than Goku??? Raditz was a noob and caught a bullet with ease, so I think SS3 Goku is about 10,000 times faster than Superman.

The only way for Superman to beat Goku is possible during the time before Goku has his son Gohan. During the Picolo Jr saga.

I do find that arguments like Goku vs superman and Goku vs Naruto quite pointless. Different paradigm with different powersystems, not really a point for comparison.

One question that i would like the answer to is (i kinda already know it) who is a super saiyan? Sounds dumb right. While i was in Japan we met some guy and started arguing about who was super saiyan and who was not. His argument was that was Brolly was the only true super saiyan while Goku transformation and others was not what the legend spoke of. He uses evidence of King Vegata telling of the legend of a super saiyan to Vegeta. In that respect Brolly does kinda fit the bill as it is one that will surpass all others with unlimited power. Since King Vegeta said it would be one that would appear after a thousand years. Therefore he describes it as a process that can only be met by one and is geneticlly exclusive. So in that respect Brolly fits perfectly with the original prophecy. But then for simple story mechanics it would be stupid to say every super saiyan apart from broly undergoes a faux transformation. So i choose to look at it that Broly is exceptional among the Super Saiyan race .

What do you guys think?

Edit1: Oh also he said that the idea that there are different levels of SS proves that the transformation is not complete.

I'm afraid I agree with franzoir that questions like who is stronger gohan or superman are completely pointless and in my opinion show a lack of imagination of the person asking. They are completely different paradigms as has already been said but alsothere is no way of quantifying the strength of either character really. You may as well ask which is more dangerous a katana or a scalpel.
Please refrain from pointless questions in future
smile.gif

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jan 28 2009, 04:39 PM) One question that i would like the answer to is (i kinda already know it) who is a super saiyan?

Edit1: Oh also he said that the idea that there are different levels of SS proves that the transformation is not complete.
Well, indeed there was a legend of a chosen warrior eventually becoming an SS I dont fully know the thing and I'm not too familiar with Brolly since I didnt watch that movie. I think the prophecy was incorrect, at that time they percieved that only 1 person had the power to reach SS, and this was true with Goku. However we see many people can become SS. I believe the legend of the SS was flawed and only applied to the times back then.

EDIT: Huh I guess Broly was intened to be the legendary SS, very strange lols Guess the prophecy was right. Had Brolly not die, hed be one powerful foe, most likely eventually surpassing SS4.

And I believe there are infinite SS transformations, a Saiyans power only rises so I wouldnt be surprised if someone who trained hard enough can achieve SS 10 etc...

QUOTE (Gustav1976 @ Jan 28 2009, 05:02 PM) Please refrain from pointless questions in future
smile.gif

Well I wouldnt say this would be a pointless question. If your a DBZ otaku, you have to face this question at some time. Goku vs Superman has been a probolmatic discussion going on for ages, and it has its merits and importance. Its dicussion is more than simply finding out whos stronger but also represents a feud with Japan vs America. In Japan Goku is their Superman so you can see how angry this must make the 2 sides when they start saying one character is stronger than the other.

goku-vs-superman.jpg

Brolly is NOT the legendary SSJ for a simple reason. Toriyama-san did not draw this character at all ;d. It's only a part of some side stories concerning DBZ world, just like Cooler or any other vilain that Goku fought against in the movies. Hence, if there wasn't another season after Namek-jin saga, Goku would be one, only and invincible SSJ. Fullstop
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jan 28 2009, 03:39 PM) I do find that arguments like Goku vs superman and Goku vs Naruto quite pointless. Different paradigm with different powersystems, not really a point for comparison.

One question that i would like the answer to is (i kinda already know it) who is a super saiyan? Sounds dumb right. While i was in Japan we met some guy and started arguing about who was super saiyan and who was not. His argument was that was Brolly was the only true super saiyan while Goku transformation and others was not what the legend spoke of. He uses evidence of King Vegata telling of the legend of a super saiyan to Vegeta. In that respect Brolly does kinda fit the bill as it is one that will surpass all others with unlimited power. Since King Vegeta said it would be one that would appear after a thousand years. Therefore he describes it as a process that can only be met by one and is geneticlly exclusive. So in that respect Brolly fits perfectly with the original prophecy. But then for simple story mechanics it would be stupid to say every super saiyan apart from broly undergoes a faux transformation. So i choose to look at it that Broly is exceptional among the Super Saiyan race .

What do you guys think?

I just want to point out...movies stories are in a different universe from the actual TV stories universe, as you would often find the time-line would not fit the two platforms together. For example, Gohan became SSJ during Cell's arc, and Goku was dead at the end of it, yet in the first Brolly movie, Gohan is already a SSJ yet Goku is still around alive and kicking (Brolly's butt).

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jan 28 2009, 05:54 PM) I just want to point out...movies stories are in a different universe from the actual TV stories universe, as you would often find the time-line would not fit the two platforms together. For example, Gohan became SSJ during Cell's arc, and Goku was dead at the end of it, yet in the first Brolly movie, Gohan is already a SSJ yet Goku is still around alive and kicking (Brolly's butt).
That pretty much what we argued however his argument was convincing in that Broly fits the criteria of the legend of the super saiyan much more then Goku and co.

Call it coincidence/plothole w/e. It just made me wonder is all.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Jan 29 2009, 01:04 AM) That pretty much what we argued however his argument was convincing in that Broly fits the criteria of the legend of the super saiyan much more then Goku and co.

Call it coincidence/plothole w/e. It just made me wonder is all.
Well i myself have often wondered how much of the Movies was pure filler and how much had Akira agreed with etc.

It is possible that Broly was concieved by Akiria just was never entered into the Original manga?

But if Broly were in the Manga then yes he would be the True Super Saiyan. Otherwiuse id say now, on all accounts you could argue its not Goku ad the true supersaiyan but Teen Gohan even though i hate Gohan

As for your Superman vs Goku i also think thats just stupid.

QUOTE (Hiasubi @ Jan 29 2009, 06:51 AM) But if Broly were in the Manga then yes he would be the True Super Saiyan. Otherwiuse id say now, on all accounts you could argue its not Goku ad the true supersaiyan but Teen Gohan even though i hate Gohan

sad.gif
Gohan's my favourite character. My favourite arc is him vs cell.I think his transformation was better then SS (IMO, i know many would disagree).Sure he kinda lost his way with saiyaman and all that nonsense but he pulled it back with mystic gohan. That was pretty awesome.

The most funniest/pathetic character in DBZ (again IMO) is Vegeta. He makes me laugh so hard. It because he has so much pride and there is nothing more funnier then a guy with pride getting destroyed. Only reaches SS cause he was contemplating suicide. Only SS to get his arm snapped by a girl. Got humiliated by cell due to his own pride. Got surpassed by his rivals son. Sacrifices himself meaningless against Buu. Honestly he has so many pathetic moments, its too long to list.

He pulled it backed though with SS2 1/2 Goku vs SS2 1/2 Majin Vegeta. That was a supremely awesome fight. (Although he later realises Goku was just toying with him not going SS3 and all)

Lolwut Vageta is awesome. DBZ was awesome on as a whole but Vageta was one of the best characters in the show, he from being an arrogant b*sta*d to being one the most caring characters in DBZ. This was first shown during the Namic arc when Goku was on the verge of death (again) and Vageta came to his aid getting himself killed. As for which transformation was best thats a hard one i really liked Goku's in the freiza saga but then Gohans transformation in the Cell saga was great too. Id have to say Gohans was more awesome but Goku's was more GAR.

If there was one thing that stayed with me throughout all 3 seasons (dunno even why I watched all of it)....it was this line: "IT'S OVER 9000!"

That's all I really remember from this series. I never was a Dragonball fan after half way through Z and Freiza getting beat. It got really repetitive after that and just bored me a lot.

I dont really remember much from DBZ as it was years ago for me, I do remember that I was upset at missing the season with Buu though (well most of it anyway).
The one thing that really annoyed me about the show really was Hercule, I kept thinking to myself "why doesn;t Goku or Gohan just beat the crap out of him in a match? ...PLEASE?"
I dont know why but I actually prefered Vegeta to Goku in some ways..I did like the way the characters actually realised they needed to speed up instead of just powering up in the season with Cell though (even though it was a kind of "well duh!" moment).

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 29 2009, 03:33 PM) If there was one thing that stayed with me throughout all 3 seasons (dunno even why I watched all of it)....it was this line: "IT'S OVER 9000!"

I dont see how you cannot forget that line lols Its literally become one of the most popular phrases in the internet and has gotten pretty popular.

Hmm lets see, if I could go back in time and change one thing from the Dragonball series it would be to make everything and everyone weaker. I felt all the main characters/villians power levels just got too ridiculously high. It would be nice if we could actually see a fight rather than a bunch of zips and zaps of them going all over the screen. Thats why Dragonball was so good, in my opinion possibly even better than DBZ or at least on par with it.

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Jan 29 2009, 03:50 PM) I dont see how you cannot forget that line lols Its literally become one of the most popular phrases in the internet and has gotten pretty popular.
go to chans. It is mentioned at least once everyday. That's the only reason why I remember it still. That and because they're always trolling Dragonball series
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gustav1976 @ Jan 29 2009, 02:37 PM) The one thing that really annoyed me about the show really was Hercule, I kept thinking to myself "why doesn;t Goku or Gohan just beat the crap out of him in a match? ...PLEASE?"
I dont know why but I actually prefered Vegeta to Goku in some ways..I did like the way the characters actually realised they needed to speed up instead of just powering up in the season with Cell though (even though it was a kind of "well duh!" moment).
Hey cut Hercule some slack. Yes he was a slime for taking the credit for the work of the Z fighters for beating Cell, but though a slime and coward that he might had been, he does have a good heart. Don't forget that he actually risked his own life to take Android 16 to Gohan during the Cell game, even though he didn't have to. And then in Buu's Arc, he actually befriended with (fat) Buu and convinced him to stop causing destruction to people and earth...(also anther thing I would like to point out is that fat Buu was never evil in the first place...he was like an ignorance child who can't tell right from wrong, because nobody teaches him).

It would had been fine but then those stupid thugs shoot the poor defenseless puppy. Despite those two thugs had guns, Hercule charge at them and beat the crap out of them because he was so mad and angry (this show yet again that he does have a strong sense of justice).

But the important thing is that in the end, he became part of the big family of the Z fighters as he became the father-in-law of Gohan, with the marriage of Gohan and Videl.

As for Vegeta, although he is not as strong as Goku, but at least I think we'd all agree when I said he's definitely smarter than Goku
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Jan 30 2009, 06:53 AM)
As for Vegeta, although he is not as strong as Goku, but at least I think we'd all agree when I said he's definitely smarter than Goku
laugh.gif

Most people imo have more combat inteligence than Goku, but out of all the main characters to appear in DBZ the wisest one for me is Piccolo, maybe at a push if you remove his perveted-ness Roshi.

Roshii is the old guy that first taught Goku and Krillan right? I'm not entirely sure if he's all that wise to be honest, it could all just be a double bluff to make us think that he's disguing his wsdom with perverted ness when in actual fact he's not
tongue.gif

Piccolo is definitely the most persceptive of the group and comes across as quite a shrewd tactician from my recollection and wasn't it Picollos race that ceated the dragonballs in the first place?
Vegeta's main flaw is that although he is quite a good fighter and has a sound grasp of tactics he let's his pride get in his way which often clouds his judgement.

QUOTE (Gustav1976 @ Jan 30 2009, 08:36 AM) Vegeta's main flaw is that although he is quite a good fighter and has a sound grasp of tactics he let's his pride get in his way which often clouds his judgement.
This was true I think up until the final fight between Kid Buu where Vegeta finally admitted to himself that Goku was stronger than him. He obtained this resolve after realising Goku wasnt strong because of his friends and family since Vegeta had a family of his own but he was stronger simply because hes the better fighter. It was a crazy fight though:)

I only wish Akira didnt listen to the fans when they said "Let Goku be the protagonist!" after the Cell saga. If you watched the original Japanese 2nd openings and ending themes youll see that Gohan is portrayed as the main character since his cameo in the theme songs is literally 90% along with Gotenks and Trunks.

Had Gohan stepped it up and become a great fighter and followed up his training after the Cell saga he would of easily achieved SS3 before Goku. Akira could of included both Gohan and Goku as the main characters, I wish he didnt simply resort back to Goku at the end. I wanted Gohan to at least fight along side his father in the final battle against Kid Buu.

Dragonball has so much potencial, 12 years after DBZ, the series is still very strong in popularity, I really hope Akira does something with the franchise rather than focus on the games. Please.... Dragonball remake "Fingers Crossed" >.<

By the way, Akira spent the last 5 years working on the art work/character designs for his newest upcoming game in the DB franchise. The games called Dragonball Online and its an MMO set to be released in Korea by this year for beta testing and hopefully in North America by next year at the earliest.

You can choose 3 classes: Humans, Majin or Namic. No Saiyans though since the game takes place hundreds of years after the events of DBZ. This is the main drawback for me, whats the point of a DB game if you cant SS!?

Heres the wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Online

Heres a gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMjeOIRCZY8

Heres some pics of Dragonball Online:
dragon_ball_online.jpg

dragon-ball-online.jpg

new-dragon-ball-online-screenshot-big.jpg

dragonballz.jpg

dbo6_2.jpg

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back