Fansub.TV Next Generation Project

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like all the changes that are coming. However, Having that Fansub.tv YouTube favorites on the front page? A bit questionable.
Forum post notifications on the right side of the front page, just like the old one? Nice!
But, Maybe instead of all those youtube videos on the home page, only have like 1 of them as a highlight and the rest under it, instead of more youtube videos, do what we have right now on the old one? (Showing the recent anime episode updates).
And for the YouTube Highlight video, make some kind of voting system to determine which video will be highlighted for a few days or something?

I'm making this post around 3:30 AM right now, so I might not be typing straight or haven't read everything correctly, but the front page is the main attraction and having that filled with youtube videos is... off putting?

Masich said:
I like all the changes that are coming. However, Having that Fansub.tv YouTube favorites on the front page? A bit questionable.
Forum post notifications on the right side of the front page, just like the old one? Nice!
But, Maybe instead of all those youtube videos on the home page, only have like 1 of them as a highlight and the rest under it, instead of more youtube videos, do what we have right now on the old one? (Showing the recent anime episode updates).
And for the YouTube Highlight video, make some kind of voting system to determine which video will be highlighted for a few days or something?
I'm making this post around 3:30 AM right now, so I might not be typing straight or haven't read everything correctly, but the front page is the main attraction and having that filled with youtube videos is... off putting?
There is only one youtube video, thats the big one in the middle, its set by staff as a sort of week/month/something type of favourite.
The items under it are rows of anime espisode updates, the first 2 rows are anime DDLs and under that are rows of streaming anime episode updates. Clicking on any of those will take you to the anime's series page where you can see screenshots/episode guide and other related things to that anime. Pritty much the same thing that FTV used to have. MATV never lost its episode updates like fansub did, so its still working, the intention was to use it to replace the broken fansub ones.

You can see the original on matv here, basically I am trying to re-format that into the old Fansub style front page so that it looks close to what it used to be like and provide working episode updates using the matv data. I'm still trying to re-create the FTV style, hopefully I will be able to get that closer by the time of the merge.

I'm currently looking at doing phase 2 / site merge this weekend (9th & 10th Dec), I do have a working front page replacement with auto anime updates as shown in the screenshot in my previous post (its actually progressed a bit further) but the pages it links to are not ready in terms of visuals, they do work in terms of function but the text and images is kinda all over the place with the FTV theme, therefore I'm currently debating about merging without the front page replacemet which will mean I'll have to throw together a temporary thing using the Necro-reccomendations, or maybe a 'click here for the front page' link which is ofcourse horrible. Or I could go ahead with the broken visuals and fix them later.

The main reason why I want to move ahead quickly, is so you can all use the new gallery and start posting stuff in there, as I think thats maybe one of the best features, and it would be kinda nice to make a christmas gallery and get some activity going :)

Maiku_Ando said:
I'm currently looking at doing phase 2 / site merge this weekend (9th & 10th Dec), I do have a working front page replacement with auto anime updates as shown in the screenshot in my previous post (its actually progressed a bit further) but the pages it links to are not ready in terms of visuals, they do work in terms of function but the text and images is kinda all over the place with the FTV theme, therefore I'm currently debating about merging without the front page replacemet which will mean I'll have to throw together a temporary thing using the Necro-reccomendations, or maybe a 'click here for the front page' link which is ofcourse horrible. Or I could go ahead with the broken visuals and fix them later.

The main reason why I want to move ahead quickly, is so you can all use the new gallery and start posting stuff in there, as I think thats maybe one of the best features, and it would be kinda nice to make a christmas gallery and get some activity going :)
I say go for it and switch, then fix the visuals as convenient. We're more here for the community aspect than anything, so getting to have fun with a new gallery sounds like the best outcome. :D

Whoa it has been ages since I have been here last and what do I see? A new design! Well done Maiku, I really like it!

If your reading this...then your using the merged forum....(and managed to find your way here again...)

The majority of Phase 2 is now done, there are some bugs / issues with the site, some people got made 'Ecchi' when they shouldn't be, some people lost their avatars again (sorry), some parts of the site are a little broken, oh and Kansa actually turned into Primula...

I had some quite significant issues with this weekends work, things broke rather epically and I've basically been at this solid since Friday evening, and I need sleep badly
sad.png

I have re-opened the site in a slightly unfinished state, because I can't do any more right now and I think its mostly working or atleast good enough to be useable. I will continue to work on it during the following week, and try to fix as many of the bugs as I can before the weekend. I don't like to present things 'unfinished' so I apologise for the rough edges, but I have real life things I need to do and I'm out of time for the moment.

So plans going forward:
1 - Fix the bugs / issues.
2 - Move the ex-matv threads / topics around (Staff / mods please do not move any of the matv threads or sections, I will sort them)
3 - Renew the license for the chat service.

As allways, feel free to leave comments below. Please report any issues as well.

Lol... my profile got mess up haha =3 couldnt figure out why I cant log in Kansatsusha-sama ---> Primula and password was that of MATV lol. oh well dont matter to me

Primula said:
Lol... my profile got mess up haha =3 couldnt figure out why I cant log in Kansatsusha-sama ---> Primula and password was that of MATV lol.
Same here, although I had to go through username recovery etc.

But, the site looks very nice so far. Luckily I still had my Avatar saved on another site this time xD

#Edit: Also I noticed, that I and a few others as far as I know, have lost our amount of posts xD.

Anyone who was registered on MATV, the MATV profile took priority over the FTV one. I still have all of the images and avatars saved, and I have all the profile data etc even from the first FTV, so don't worry, I can retireve those items at a later time. I will manually fix some post counts from FTV as well for those of you who have lost post counts.

Also, if you prefered your old name from FTV (ie Kansa and anyone else who had theirs changed) I can re-name it back to the old name (or different) if you want.

Maiku_Ando said:
If your reading this...then your using the merged forum....(and managed to find your way here again...)

The majority of Phase 2 is now done, there are some bugs / issues with the site, some people got made 'Ecchi' when they shouldn't be, some people lost their avatars again (sorry), some parts of the site are a little broken, oh and Kansa actually turned into Primula...

I had some quite significant issues with this weekends work, things broke rather epically and I've basically been at this solid since Friday evening, and I need sleep badly
sad.png

I have re-opened the site in a slightly unfinished state, because I can't do any more right now and I think its mostly working or atleast good enough to be useable. I will continue to work on it during the following week, and try to fix as many of the bugs as I can before the weekend. I don't like to present things 'unfinished' so I apologise for the rough edges, but I have real life things I need to do and I'm out of time for the moment.

So plans going forward:
1 - Fix the bugs / issues.
2 - Move the ex-matv threads / topics around (Staff / mods please do not move any of the matv threads or sections, I will sort them)
3 - Renew the license for the chat service.

As allways, feel free to leave comments below. Please report any issues as well.
Oh lol... Maiku actually said it. I'm fine with the name change and he probably figure I be fine with it =P

part of my sig broke too haha =P since it point to board.fansub.tv not fansub.tv/board dont remember what that was

Primula said:
Oh lol... Maiku actually said it. I'm fine with the name change and he probably figure I be fine with it =P

part of my sig broke too haha =P since it point to board.fansub.tv not fansub.tv/board dont remember what that was
I'll put the old forum back up in another location at some point so we can check it.

I also just noticed that my signature was messed up too
dry.png
lol

Still so many things to fix...

Items that should now be fixed as of today (Sunday 11th):
  • Anonymous login
  • Browse by genre (old FTV db/site)
  • Old FTV pages (the entire old site was missing, now its back)

Please continue to report anything else that looks like it might be broken or not working!

that part of the sig was probably the "FTVTEAM" bar sig

Primula said:
that part of the sig was probably the "FTVTEAM" bar sig
Ah yes I think you're right, ok adding 'userbars' to the list of things to fix..... lol

Also, you may notice I have created the Christmas Gallery and put in the first picture (you can guess who lol) Please feel free to upload your own images, EVERYONE should have access and be able to upload or add images into it and be able to rate and comment etc!

JunMisugi said:
Just uploaded a couple there
smile.png
Btw I just noticed something. If a user is posting a lot, like a lot lot in his/her interest section, the the posts of said user are kinda messy when he post in the forums. Here's an example: https://www.fansub.tv/board/index.php?showtopic=22836&page=59#entry330858
Glad to see everyone posting images, keep it coming
biggrin.png

The messy interest section is because the 'interests' used to just be a section on the profile, now its shown on the forums and the profile page now has an 'about me' section. So people really need to move their interests to the 'about me' area.
Theres also the idea of useing a CSS fix to make it overflow that Norren posted on the previous page, I just havn't got round to trying it yet.

Maiku_Ando said:
I still have all of the images and avatars saved, and I have all the profile data etc even from the first FTV, so don't worry, I can retireve those items at a later time. I will manually fix some post counts from FTV as well for those of you who have lost post counts.
Thanks there are lots of different avas and sigs since 2004, kept in each thread page originally / yet lost here... meanwhile if you have a chance please PM my latest av/sg, old profile and FTV 'notepad' content (I'm ok as ryu from now on):)

Ryu said:
Thanks there are lots of different avas and sigs since 2004, kept in each thread page originally / yet lost here... meanwhile if you have a chance please PM my latest av/sg, old profile and FTV 'notepad' content (I'm ok as ryu from now on)
smile.png
I actually have an archive of the entire server (basically think of it like a copy or a clone of the hard drive) which I can even power up and run it again, so nothing is actually lost, its just not transfered to here sadly. I was actually thinking of maybe we could make an 'old signature' thread, so basically posting the signature in the message part of a post so it will be preserved and visable like an archive. Maybe the tokyo art dome section might be appropriate for it as its sort of art and signatures often have nice art graphics. Or maybe a signature gallery (in the gallery) or sometihng ? (ideas welcome).

As i'm making a post, I'd like to point out to everyone, the site now has a live chat room, also you can all make your own galleries, either in the members area for like random things or for anime images / videos please do make them in the right section. Note - you CAN upload small videos to the gallery, do it same way you upload an image, ust be aware that we currently have a 100mb limit per file. Also you can upload files which arnt gallery related (image / videos) in the misc files section. And you can make yourself a mini blog if you want. The mini blogs also have the ability to include galleries in posts (see my Rin Tohsaka test post/blog, it uses the Rin Tohsaka Gallery).

NOTE - the mini blogs are in addition to the old blogs, myself and Daft are still intending to get those fixed, Daft has already made some progress on the old blogs.

Please do feel free to play / try out the new features, they are there for you to use after all xD

EDIT 13th Dec
I was randomly checking the performance configuration of the server, as I hadn't done that for a while and noticed it hadn't been increased inline with the upgrades to the server itself, therefore I have doubled the number of process handlers for the site, which should make it run a little faster / smoother.

I have also moved most of the old MATV threads into the appropriate FTV areas and removed some of the stuff no longer needed. It should make the forum a little less cluttered.

Some more fixes (Dec 15th):
Episode page was directing the downloads to the wrong place when visiting from FTV, I've put in a rough work around so the downloads will work. The ddl page has many issues, those will get fixed later.
Fixed the missing site news 'more' link on front page.
Fixed the bug on the front page where the date would be wrong for the news post unless it had an edit.

More Fixes (Dec 18th):
Fixed post count for anyone who had accounts on FTV and MATV, checked the post counts for all Team members.
Fixed / restored avatars for all Team Members and above, except for Hiasubi as I couldnt get that image form anywhere x.x

I am also trying to remove some of the 'MATV' thats present all over place, I hadn't relaised it was used so much in the code.

Things added to the 'Broken list'
blogs.php is currently broken
DNS names, its a right mess of ftv and matv all over the place.

And finally a question to everyone... in places there has to be a 'joint' name, currently this is set as 'Maiku Andos Anime & Fansub.TV' I'm considering changing this to 'Ando & Daft's Anime Network' as I feel that is both neutral and also keeps the spirit of both sites. Any thoughts on that?

It turns out I had forgot to set up the permissions for the FTV Team and leaders. None of you had permission to even see the gallery or half of the forum. I suspect no one said anything...because none of you knew it was there to ask about it.. anyway..its fixed now. And I apologise for being a totally imcompetant forum leader xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back