Females

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE I have a question, are there more males or females on this planet? Only for humans, no other species allowed^^

Look here : http://esa.un.org/unpp/index.asp?panel=2

There's slightly more males than females. But the margin is quite narrow.

In the world we live in, its hard to say females are on the same level as men, in the eastern countries this is 100% false, western countries are adapting now, still though its harder for a female to excell in life compared to a man mainly due to society. They are the child bearers and have to deal with that burden (or some may think its a blessing^^) which is the main difference between the genders.

Although the social protections help the situation.
For example some countries allow women to stay at home for some months, sometimes even some years before going back to work.

Of course, it's far from perfect.

females are 'less' in many ways compared to males (intellectually). For instance, physically they are much weaker than men. They are not good as males in many academic areas - including in language areas and especially in mathematics/science fields. If you look back in the history men were always considered superior due to these obvious differences and i cant blame them ...

BUT... although they may not possess the same intellect or the skills, as humans, they are still equal to men, no doubt about that - all humans are equally valuable regardless of gender (or race)
smile.gif

dey see me trollin... dey hatin.. dey see me ridin fury~

QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Jan 28 2009, 09:16 AM) females are 'less' in many ways compared to males (intellectually). For instance, physically they are much weaker than men.
Well you said some comments that many may take offense to. You regarded females as "less" than men intellectually? Not a good choice of words... Physically indeed they are born and grown up with a weaker body compared to most males, but they can achieve the same physical strenght if they train hard, the problem is, its easier for a man to get strong compared to a female. But I wouldnt say theyre less intellectually.

QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Jan 28 2009, 09:16 AM)They are not good as males in many academic areas - including in language areas and especially in mathematics/science fields. If you look back in the history men were always considered superior due to these obvious differences and i cant blame them ...
I wouldnt say females arent good academically, in fact theyre on par or even greater than most males in academics, the problem is, most dont posess the emtional desire to want to excell in math/science areas. Thats why you dont see many females in Engineering, etc

QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Jan 28 2009, 08:16 AM) females are 'less' in many ways compared to males (intellectually). For instance, physically they are much weaker than men. They are not good as males in many academic areas - including in language areas and especially in mathematics/science fields. If you look back in the history men were always considered superior due to these obvious differences and i cant blame them ...

BUT... although they may not possess the same intellect or the skills, as humans, they are still equal to men, no doubt about that - all humans are equally valuable regardless of gender (or race)
smile.gif

Females are undoubtfully weaker than males as in body strength.

But to say that they are intelectually not as developed that is going a little too far. Actually woman are VERY good at languages, thanks to their superior (on the averige) communication skills.

They are equally good in mathematics. Or at leats in Europe they are. It is scientifically proven that although the male and female brain function in different ways, the intelectual ability is equally high in both sexes.

As for history, you seem to be forgetting that not a long time ago women were pretty much excluded from education and when allowed to study, they were pushed towards history, languages and such subjects. How can you then take that as a proof?

I dont mean to insult you in any way.... but it seems to me, that you have a superiority complex.... you want to feel superior to females. That doesnt shed much good light on you.
blink.gif

Personally from my experience I agree with Warita about women being good at communication and similar skills. As a gender women are generally better at communication than men due to the roles they have played up until the recent era. Raising a family requires a mother to have quite substantial social skills and back in the day when we were just starting to use tools men only needed to worry about communicating pretty basic concepts such as size, location, anger, fear and so on.
My mother by the way is better at maths and communication than I am by a LONG shot.
In addition to waritas point on skill levels the only difference between men and women is slgiht and tends to be that women are naturally better at communication and multitasking whilst men tend to be better at tasks that require aggression or spacial awareness BUT if either gender moves into a job that requires the opposite set of skills they quickly adapt.eg.men who go into nursing or cooking learn to multitask just as well as women, or women who go into a job that requires a lot of driving become equally as good as men when it comes to spacial awareness.

QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Jan 28 2009, 10:16 AM)females are 'less' in many ways compared to males (intellectually). For instance, physically they are much weaker than men. They are not good as males in many academic areas - including in language areas and especially in mathematics/science fields.
This doesn't match current trends, at least around my area, where more women are enrolled in university than men. In fact, during my first year orientation there was an obvious uneven split between the genders, with barely any males compared to the number of females - about a 30/70 split in a hundred. (The Canadian school system is split into "university" and "college", with university being the intellectual-academic secondary education and college being the more hands-on applied education).

As for math ... guess I'll go tell all the girls I know in fields like mechanical engineering that they were admitted by mistake.

The fact is, we're being too general here. There are always exceptions and social conditions play a large role, too. Historically, women weren't getting an education not because they were stupid but because they had to stay home and raise ten children. Which, when you don't have any modern conveniences, is an even larger task than trying to raise two children today.

I think, at leqst as far as Britain was concerned, the reason why females weren't given formal education beyond the age of 12 was more likely due to the fact that they were considered to be less intelligent up until the recent centrury. That is not to say they were but rather that the general opinion of the opfficials in power and such (who were all male) was that women were inferior and should stay at home. This was also regardless of the fact that throughout history women HAVE been of considerable impact. Cleopatra wasn;t the only early female ruler to earn respect, early Britains had Queen Bodecia who not only ruled her people well but also held the Roman Empire at bay for a considerable amount of time.

There was a social division. You may have heard of the "separate spheres". Men were concerned with politics and business, while women with the home and culture. It's not that women were lazy/rude/stupid - in fact, in many middle-lower class families there was an equality and women often had to keep the house hold records (finances, etc) because their husbands were too busy dealing with society. Actually, when merchant families developed the women were often the book keepers. And remember, education wasn't always open to all men, either. It was a sign of status for the middle-upper classes.

Historically, women also developed into a symbol of a nation's culture. That is why (elite women, especially) had education in languages/music/history/etc. This is also tied into their role as child-bearers and mothers - your next generation depends on a women's condition as she influences the young children. Often around the 18th & 19th century, a nation's degree of civilization was marked by how it treated its women (colonial Asia, for example, was attacked by Western scholars for not treating women with respect - it was concluded this was a sign of their barbaric nature).

But again, it's really hard to discuss this because we're generalizing too much. Each culture is different, as is each time period and its social conditions. What I've studied and can only draw from is evolving Western and Asian attitudes from 1750-present day. So yes, to a degree women were seen as less intelligent but that's not the whole picture. The working class were seen as less intelligent, certain races were seen as less intelligent, etc. Education was hindered for many people, especially if you weren't an elite white male. (Coloured men, for example, had to fight just as hard as women to get into universities because Social Darwinism stated that they were inferior).

well this is gonna land a big marker in the "no no zone" for some women, if im correct about where your going with this.haha and there are varying differences among men and women because of social attitudes but im anti-fem...so i can't go there!
rolleyes.gif

ohmy.gif

so ill just pick up along the content of the disscussion,so i dont deviate from the intent of el' foremme'. its more appealing and interesting that way.

anywho intelligence isnt "gender-speicific"...most things arent.women are just as capable as men, in most things.and social classes were just based on the developement and standard of a culture and its attitude regardings social standards.which view was more accepted and why.
dry.gif
POLiTICS!

but anywho, nothing is "gender pacific" xD except of course the nature of a persons gender itself.

women are more lined up with their emotional qualities then men.men are more lined up to think in a logical sense and manner objectively from their emotions at times. thats the only real difference between male and females...o yes and social roles of course, which you guys have touched up on..
ph34r.gif
NINJA OUT!

Someone please explain to me why laws such as VAWA discriminate against men? Seems an old irritation of mine has been lit again because of the banning of certain games by equalitynow.

I've heard that in most cases where men act out against women in retaliation or self - defense, the man gets arrested for domestic violence. This i head years ago but never got around any conclusion if it were true or false (may vary according to location).

In any case, if that really happened, where the f*ck is the equality there? If what i heard was just pure hogwash, then disregard this i suck *****.

There is still a long way to equality, no matter how you look at it. I think that sometimes too much equality results in inequality again.

That about the man getting arrested for domestic violence because he retaliated... well, my guess is, that since the guy is so much stronger than the woman, he might have retaliated a little too hard. Plus it is easy to say: well, she hit me first and so I hit her back, now she has a black eye.... but hey, she hit me first!!! A lot of abusive husbands would never ever admit to beating their wife, even if the evidence speaks for itself (the black eye), so the police might pass a quick judgement based on their general experience= if SHE has a black eye, then he DID beat her, the details will be checked out later. And to be on the safe side, they arrest him.

What I find rather alarming is: why do yo many men believe, that women are inteletually not their equals?

THREAD RE-OPENED

Opened on request of ftv members. I'm not for sure why the mod decided to close this thread since no reason was stated. If the person in question still wants the thread locked plz inform the members in a brief post so they will be informed of your reasoning.

THNX

I don't appreciate the quality of this thread anymore since it violates the first rule of this section. That is, due to lack of support for any of the presented arguments, let alone statements. Should you wish to keep this thread open, you have to ensure the new posts do not violate provided rules.

QUOTE (sayonara solitia @ Jan 28 2009, 08:16 AM) females are 'less' in many ways compared to males (intellectually). For instance, physically they are much weaker than men. They are not good as males in many academic areas - including in language areas and especially in mathematics/science fields. If you look back in the history men were always considered superior due to these obvious differences and i cant blame them ...

Can you prove that females are less intelligent in the math and science fields? Where did you get these facts that men are better then women? Please do inform us.. I for one would like to examine your sources for myself.

QUOTE (warita200 @ May 12 2009, 02:41 PM) There is still a long way to equality, no matter how you look at it. I think that sometimes too much equality results in inequality again.

That about the man getting arrested for domestic violence because he retaliated... well, my guess is, that since the guy is so much stronger than the woman, he might have retaliated a little too hard. Plus it is easy to say: well, she hit me first and so I hit her back, now she has a black eye.... but hey, she hit me first!!! A lot of abusive husbands would never ever admit to beating their wife, even if the evidence speaks for itself (the black eye), so the police might pass a quick judgement based on their general experience= if SHE has a black eye, then he DID beat her, the details will be checked out later. And to be on the safe side, they arrest him.

What I find rather alarming is: why do yo many men believe, that women are inteletually not their equals?
That jump to conclusions is what made my friend spend 2 days in the slammer. That is why the primary aggressor needs to be established first.

Also, the way of thinking of the general that a woman can't possibly hurt a man is quite IMO contradicting to the goal to reach gender equality. I think it's called ad minimum or something like that, that a violent act of a woman can't possibly hurt a man. Another point of view that's hurting this cause is the "he's the culprit" or "he did something to deserve this" way of thinking.

A few things to say about various points:

1) Regarding 'females being less than males' - this statement is in the grand scheme of things obviously not true. There are a ton of women out there who can kick any guy's ass, tons of women out there who are loads more intelligent than most or all men, etc. That said, there is something to be said regarding biological differences.
  • In general, males tend to have more muscle mass and weight, thus tend to be stronger on average. It's just the way our bodies work - women tend to have more fatty tissue than men on average.
  • Studies have shown that the on average, men are better in math and science, the so called 'analytical geometrical' areas. Something about the way our brains work. On the other hand, women tend to be better in Language, History (and related sciences), the Arts, and other 'liberal arts' fields. A woman's mind is more geared towards memorization and recall of facts while a mans mind is more geared towards implementing abstract ideas in a physical fashion (e.g. engineering type fields). Once again, this isn't ALWAYS the case, but on average due to the 'hard wiring' of the brain. If someone wants to argue the fact, I can look up and cite several research articles about it.
2) Regarding cases of predetermined judgment in spousal (or other such sexual) abuse - unfortunately all too often men are immediately judged to be the culprit and the one who is guilty and should take all the blame immediately. Now, I do agree with khael that this treatment is unfair, that law enforcement should take the time to figure out who did what when and why before making any accusations or placing blame. That said, MOST cases of such abuse are scenarios where the man beat the woman - either without provocation (or certainly no excusable provocation) or stepping well out of line (e.g. Girl slaps guy, so guy punches her and breaks her nose).
PERSONALLY, I was raised and will always believe that a guy should never hit or otherwise harm a woman unless under extreme duress. If I were slapped, I would never hit the woman back - not even so much as a slap in kind. Now, if a girl came at me with a weapon and I felt truly threatened, I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself...
The point of the matter is that - as I said before, there are women who are physically more than capable of knocking any man senseless - and even women who would be considered 'weak' can be extremely dangerous given the right circumstances. There should always be a proper investigation to be sure why events occurred.
This sounds very much like a debate about rape that I had here at FTV in the past - where certain members *cough* women *cough* thought that it was impossible for a woman to rape a man, because the man is always able to fight back. You can't assume that you know everything just because someone is a guy and someone is a girl, there are ALWAYS circumstances. That debate is for another thread though.

dchaosblade

woman are good in math and geometry, what you mean is, that they have a poor sence of 3 dimensional thinking. They have a hard time imagening 3 dimensional structures, hence also the somewhat poorer sense of direction (on averige) and also problems with parking cars (on averige). According to surveys, that have been conducted on schools in europe, girls were a tiny bit better in math than boys. I dont think the problem is the analytic thinking.

Sigh ....

Well anyway the way I view things is I see everyone as a person weather they are young/old, male/female, and others. The way they communicate to me change the way I think of them but not much. Also if a girl hit me I hit them back...just because they hit me and I see them as a person. You could say I am not very sexist.... not even racist according to a in deep personality test... I pretty much careless on what studies shows since it always end up on what I think.

In the end everyone is just a person different in who they are.

Which bring me to certain ppl who say that you should be in touch with your female side ..i kinda believe those who say that are sexist in a way. I just believe weather you are male are female just be who you are weather it a female or a male type of what ever you do or think.

In this end ...the world don't think this way so I just have to deal with it and just....uhhh iono haha....

Well that my 2 cent...although my post is not just on female it ...well uhhh iono =P

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ May 12 2009, 06:28 PM) THREAD RE-OPENED

Opened on request of ftv members. I'm not for sure why the mod decided to close this thread since no reason was stated. If the person in question still wants the thread locked plz inform the members in a brief post so they will be informed of your reasoning.

THNX

The last couple of posts have proven the obvious point which was apparently missed by whomever thought this thread deserves another chance. This thread is now officially closed until further notice due to direct violation of this section's fundamental rules. Should you wish to re-open this thread, you may private message me and present your 'reasons' as to why this thread should be re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back