FORUMS: refined search

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

blckdemondrgn

-gao...?
Retired
ok well I dunno if this is possible or how hard the coding is but is there a possible way to narrow the search down?

like ok if I wanted to find say a word like fatal fake, I already know it is in the fate/stay night thread but it would be even better if the search button narrows it down right to the page or even further the right post.

it is quite difficulty trying to find one thing in say that thread that has 60 pages.

use more descriptive topic titles than "an idea" please

yeah... i hated searching for certain things when it comes to topics that have 20+ posts in it. Generally, i like the idea.

I agree with everything said so far. Keyword Highlight and page specific searc is really a must when the thread starts to grow.

The only problem is that this kind of functionnality can be really tricky to ad if it was not planned while the system was designed (specially the highlight)

Also, maybe changing the default search settings that only searchs in the last 30 days. Because right now, many new people don't notice that option and open up a new thread because they don't find the old one (because it was not active in the last 30 days)

this seems like a good idea. The really problem when it comes to discussion for an anime like shuffle who got ove 100 pages of posts. If you want to search about shuffle fan book, it will be difficult if you don't know the page numbers.
However, i think this will be a little difficult to be applied, but if possible it will be very useful.

QUOTE (jul10 @ Jun 15 2006, 07:49 AM) this seems like a good idea. The really problem when it comes to discussion for an anime like shuffle who got ove 100 pages of posts. If you want to search about shuffle fan book, it will be difficult if you don't know the page numbers.
However, i think this will be a little difficult to be applied, but if possible it will be very useful.
I agree with what nishino just said. It would be really useful but at the same time I think that it would be somewhat difficult to implement.

Right now it's kinda okay with the search but as the thread grows it becomes more difficult to find what you are looking for.

Well, just an idea, but whenever i run into this problem i usually just use mozilla firefoxes find function. I may have to load multiple pages, but it is a cheap and easy method that does the nifty highlight.

Addition of the refined forum searching has been scheduled to happen tonight. If you're trying to search for something and it blows up in your face, then you'll know why.

So... try the search now. Is that what you meant? The feature was there the whole time. All you had to do was change the result type from "topics" to "post". Anyways, I changed that to the default now.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back