General Games Discussion

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Well, there's been so much buzz about the game that I'll be bound to wipe the dust of my gaming controller for a bit once it's out (no I don't even count on them making a proper port with decent mouse+keyboard controls)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnUGxY_b00Y
In celebration of Dark souls coming to PC here's a nice preview on what you can expect and what you'll probably be like when you play it.

To quote the video xD
Why IS THIS GAME FUCKING HARD, Im just 10 seconds into the game!! I PUT THE GAME IN THE FUCKING XBOX and I DIED LIKE 40 TIMES ALREADY
My God I peed myself laughing to this
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Haha i love the ragequit videos. But seriously that can t be good for his heart
tongue.gif
and he s a bit of a n00b..i mean.. playing gow 3 by yoursf and the first thing you play is horde mode on hard?

So, finally got around to playing MBAACC, and I think I have a favourite character now. Sorry, Kohaku & Hisui duo, I still love you, but the Mech & Neco duo is making me roll with laughter here. I'm thinking I should wait for the English patch release though, so I can comprehend the full extent of the hilarity of the story mode.

Hey everyone,
biggrin.gif

Theres going to be a game comeing out supposedly in japan only
ohmy.gif

however thats upsetting alot of fans due to the fact that the game is a direct spin off from digimon world one.same battle system and raising concepts.its pretty much a kickbutt remake so my question is, how many of you are fans and how many would love to be playing this game in english and relive nostalgia in a new way.Think about your favorite anime and bam it ended. 12 years later the same developers came toghether and started it from where it last ended, same characters new story.ho many of you would love that ? How many of you have dreamed that? For digimon fans this is a gripping reality where we are trying to take the chance, So im asking some digimon fans to email me so we can relive that dream.

Since im not here to spam a site ill leave it open to the people reading this whether or not to email me to sign a petition to try and get an english release.ill give you the site for the petition im just trying to raise awareness

[Mod's Note: Thread Merged]

Currently playing a browser game called "Supremacy 1914" with about 15 of my university friends and we are all playing the same game/match and I think we are on day 8 now. Usual games take about 60 to 70 days to get the 3 winners and complete. I have to say before playing it, the prospect of 1 game to take that long boggled me when playing the game, it makes absolute sense since its a grand strategy game but despite all that........this game is ADDICTIVE and very very very good.

Okay out of boredom and curiosity I decided to try a hand at learning a bit of the game Mahjong due to a friend of mine and of coure the famous yuri mahjong series Saki.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Well in any case I decided to share the game I found, granted it's simplsic in it's design, but hey at least it's accurate in the gameplay... somewhat.
wink.gif

http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jun 22 2012, 08:55 AM) Okay out of boredom and curiosity I decided to try a hand at learning a bit of the game Mahjong due to a friend of mine and of coure the famous yuri mahjong series Saki.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Well in any case I decided to share the game I found, granted it's simplsic in it's design, but hey at least it's accurate in the gameplay... somewhat.
wink.gif

http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
Well I always wanted to find out the real rules of mahjong, and try out playing it, but, this here is a bit confusing XD

Hi,
I recently lost my old PSP system and along with it went my near complete save file for Fate/unlimited codes EU. Just downloaded it back on to my new PSP today, and while I do think this game is great, I don't feel up to spending a huge amount off time on unlockabels. I'd mutch rather just fool around in survival / practice mode. So what I'm getting at here is if someone could be so kind as to share/upload their EU save file I who'd appreciate it immensely.

Thanks in advance!
-Ogresh, Norway.

MOD Note: Post merged, since I don't belive it to fit in the Type-Moon thread since it's asking for a save file.

QUOTE (Nioki @ Jun 23 2012, 06:57 AM) Well I always wanted to find out the real rules of mahjong, and try out playing it, but, this here is a bit confusing XD

Also, I'm still not to sure how the points work but hey at least I know what can be considered as an open win than to a closed win.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 13 2012, 02:39 AM) I know it's basically how to try and get a hand together. Although to be honest I don't know how to make the big point hands, but I do know how to make the decient size point hands.

Also, I'm still not to sure how the points work but hey at least I know what can be considered as an open win than to a closed win.
tongue.gif

And I hardly got what you where saying here ^^" ... Well how you describe it.. and from the several times I tried playing it there. It feels like poker.. but with a bajillion number of 'cards' instead of just 5...

No think of it like Gin rummy and you're understand it better, but remeber that you need either 3 pairs in the same suit, a sright in the same suit and two pairs of a same suit and you can get the idea.

Pretty much the easiest way to get things together is just try to go into tempai by calling for your wind seat, the wind round or any of the dragons and then work your way from there.

Granted some hands need to be concealed to get a simplistic win at times, but other hands win conditions can go either way.

I am a massive fan of Platinum Games and particularly anything Kamiya-san directs...I will have sleepless nights if I cant play his latest and greatest.

Viewtiful Joe is probably my most favourite action game of all time as I habitually play it every year.

Now I have just completed The Wonderful 101 and it is literally like playing Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann the game which should be an indication of how awesome it is. One guy even has a drill. If you ever get a chance to play this criminally underrated game...do it.

I'm very much looking forward to PG's Legend of Korra game.

Goddam my eyes are burning. Balls deep in Xenoblade Chronolcies X. As mentioned in my previous post, the games that really get me are the ones that bring me closest to an anime fantasy. If Viewtiful Joe fulfilled my wish to be a sentai warrior and TW101 gave me a TTGL adrenaline rush then XCX is most certainly the Gundam Wing game I have always wanted. Gundam Dynasty Warriors is fun but is also kind of mindless. Here, once you get into your skells (dolls/gundam, w/e) you can customise the part as some skells are better suited to long range weaponry etc (just like Gundam). The customisable part i.e G-buster and designs of the skells are references to Gundam as a lead Gundam designer was to hired to help with production.

All I can say is, it is just bliss if you are a mecha nerd.

Here are some gifs.

15_500_by_mcmemie-d8gvqsa.gif

insta019mlbd3.gif

@ Maiku: Oof, that sounds terrible. Hope things have returned to calm. Has fixing Lil' Rin gone well?

On my end, I am much more excited about my recovery than before. Getting back in practice on art is proving more elusive than expected, but is going pretty well, all things considered. I've been playing the Metroid games as review before I begin actual in depth map design on the Metroidvania, and am pleasantly surprised that my fixed wrists have been up to the challenge so far. I even managed to do the crazy shinespark puzzles in AM2R, which I didn't honestly think I'd be able to do. :D

Working on Gesture drawing some, hopefully I'll get some showcase worthy art out of it, soon.

Norren said:
I've been playing the Metroid games as review before I begin actual in depth map design on the Metroidvania, and am pleasantly surprised that my fixed wrists have been up to the challenge so far. I even managed to do the crazy shinespark puzzles in AM2R, which I didn't honestly think I'd be able to do. :D
thanx for your suggestion! just got 100% items and map on hard, Android'M2R Is the best fanmade remake I've played so far... No walkthroughs needed but a shame nintendo C&Ded it, lame Federation Force as 30th anniversary instead :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmnVaTNhts0

Ryu said:
I've been playing the Metroid games as review before I begin actual in depth map design on the Metroidvania, and am pleasantly surprised that my fixed wrists have been up to the challenge so far. I even managed to do the crazy shinespark puzzles in AM2R, which I didn't honestly think I'd be able to do. :D
thanx for your suggestion! just got 100% items and map on hard, Android'M2R Is the best fanmade remake I've played so far... No walkthroughs needed but a shame nintendo C&Ded it, lame Federation Force as 30th anniversary instead :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmnVaTNhts0
Yeah, it was friggin amazing. It's making it very hard for me to bring myself to finish my Super Metroid clear. Some other things went on to kinda slow down/derail my Metroid binge, tho'.

I picked up Rain World today, but all it's doing is making me want to play Super Metroid more. Game doesn't do a very good job of combat, even if it is incredibly pretty.

Norren said:
Yeah, it was friggin amazing. It's making it very hard for me to bring myself to finish my Super Metroid clear. Some other things went on to kinda slow down/derail my Metroid binge, tho'.
guess What? Nintendo just confirmed 'new' games, 2 Metroids this recent E3... 1st is Samus Returns with 2.5D gameplay, no wonder why AM2R got a C&D! -_-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H09GVFbxFkI

I'm not sure what to think about the official remake. Lots of "just offscreen" enemies, the enemy AI seems a little flat and those ridiculous, ridiculous melee counter scenes are just... jarring. Then again, I don't own a 3DS, so it's not like I'll play it either way! :p

I decided to mess around with ScummVM last night and played Beneath a Steel Sky. Click Adventures are not created equally, and a few like that one possess some insanely screwball logic. :blink:

I'm not sure what to think about the official remake. Lots of "just offscreen" enemies, the enemy AI seems a little flat and those ridiculous, ridiculous melee counter scenes are just... jarring. Then again, I don't own a 3DS, so it's not like I'll play it either way! :p
an updated AM2R Is up, PM me ^^ playing metroidvania Ducktales remastered... at android, Bloodstained RItual of the Night and Castlevania Grimoire of Souls ;)

Last edited:
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back