Genshiken Second Series

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
SO IT'S REALLY HERE?! AND I THOUGHT THE RELEASE WAS OCTOBER 12!!!

Can't wait to watch! And if i have to buy a DVD just to watch it i gladly will!

Animation quality is great... actually, it's a whole lot better than the first season's. Sucks that Haraguchi's there again. I'm so glad that they decided to have a second season for this.

Did everyone catch the next episode preview where they took the mickey out of shows that have second seasons? Hahaha...
laugh.gif

WOOT finally got to watch the first episode.

The anime:

It was great, the animation, the arc, everything . I saw the preview for the next episode and caught a glimpse of the President wearing a two piece. LOL. Can't wait!

The subs:

I can't rub off the feeling that something's wrong with the translation in some conversations. Because some of the sentences are grammatically incorrect or doesn't make any sense. No disrespect towards the subbers since i know that they put a lot of effort in making this one.

Kujian:

A stand alone series has been released before right? I can't seem to find any info on it over the internet. And by information, i mean number of episodes and other general information. I can't read Jap so i can't understand the Japanese sites that appear. I really would like to be able to watch that series too. Any info you might wanna share?

Part of the problem might be that it's not called Kujian? The title is Kujibiki Unbalance - it ran 12 episodes plus 3 OVA episodes released with Genshiken's first season. It's licensed by Media Blasters for English distribution, although I don't think it was that popular in the subbing-world so it might be hard to find any subs that are still around.

Personally, I much prefer Genshiken and didn't bother to watch more than a few episodes of KU.

As for the first episode of this season ... slow to start but that's what happened with season one. This will be some nice review as I await Del Rey's release of the final manga volume
biggrin.gif
I really can't wait for them to animate the scene where Ogiue shows Sasahara the yaoi Sasahara/Madarame doujinshi she drew ... Sasahara is quite the man! To take it all calmly and say that even if it looks like him and Madarame, it's not to him
laugh.gif

I know its real name, i really searched but to no avail. Right now i'm looking for manga scans too but can't find complete ones. Where'd you get them?

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Oct 12 2007, 05:55 PM) Part of the problem might be that it's not called Kujian? The title is Kujibiki Unbalance - it ran 12 episodes plus 3 OVA episodes released with Genshiken's first season. It's licensed by Media Blasters for English distribution, although I don't think it was that popular in the subbing-world so it might be hard to find any subs that are still around.

Personally, I much prefer Genshiken and didn't bother to watch more than a few episodes of KU.
The Kujibiki Unbalance OVAs that came on the Genshiken DVDs are actually pretty good. I really liked them just fr how wacky an idea it was to make them.

The full lengh series they made that only shares the Kujibiki Unbalance name with the OVAs is as far as I can tell.....crap. I've never seen it but I never heard anything good about it either. In fact I think I read someplace that it was pretty mediocre so I never bothered to watch it.

I don't care if it's good or bad... I really just want to have it and watch it in case Genshiken makes a few jokes about it... Also as a hardcore fan, [Like the relationship of Koreans with Starcraft.] it is my sole duty to complete the series and side series... XD

-Edited-

I forgot to ask when Genshiken airs in Japan... And what day would that be GMT +8, Singapore and Hong Kong time.

QUOTE (khael @ Oct 16 2007, 05:11 AM) I forgot to ask when Genshiken airs in Japan... And what day would that be GMT +8, Singapore and Hong Kong time.
that would be GMT+7... i know that japan is always an hour ahead from where i'm living

QUOTE (biankita @ Oct 17 2007, 07:59 AM) that would be GMT+7... i know that japan is always an hour ahead from where i'm living
But what day? Wednesdays or Fridays? I really don't have any idea...

genshiken is becoming serious club under sasahara. I really like how madarame try ease the tension in the meeting room

OMG this is really shaping up to be one good story!

And the OP, OMG!!!! YOU'D MISTAKE IT FOR A GUNDAM ANIME IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT GENSHIKEN IS!!!! ROFL!!!

i just watched the second and third episodes... they're a laugh trip... if sasahara wasn't the very start of the OP, i would have mistaken it for another anime - and a mecha one at that
laugh.gif

i really enjoyed the their time in the comiket. but i agree with cena... genshiken became quite serious under sasahara... saki for president, yeh! i love when kousaka cosplayed in the comiket.... but then again, i was kinda expecting saki to pass by.

The third episode sure was great, though i'm kinda wondering if these kind of things really happen in Japan. Crossplay i mean. And lol there was a Miyuki Doujin somewhere there ROFL. Can't wait for the next episode. Looks like the love triangles are going to start!

QUOTE (khael @ Oct 28 2007, 09:59 AM) The third episode sure was great, though i'm kinda wondering if these kind of things really happen in Japan. Crossplay i mean.
Actually, they just don't happen in Japan. There has been a lot of crossplaying (as you put it) in many cosplay events. Though, people usually associate crossplaying to guys dressing up as girls but a lot of girls would also dress as male characters. It's neither unusual nor rare.

The episodes are making me excited for volume 9 of the manga and the conclusion of the story. I'm glad Comi-fes was wrapped up in three episodes and not dragged out too long. The animated scenes of Sasahara's visions were quite amusing (and set up some nice implications about his romantic interests).

Are there two ending themes? Maybe I'm just not paying close enough attention
huh.gif
But the OP does amuse me. Too bad they didn't have enough production funds to do a different parody each episode!

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Oct 30 2007, 02:50 PM) But the OP does amuse me. Too bad they didn't have enough production funds to do a different parody each episode!
Thats so true. I was wondering if they would pull that too but episode 3 crushed that dream for me.
sad.gif

And yeah the crossplay I don't think anybody saw it coming. Except manga readers of course.
tongue.gif

I meant the guys dressing up as girls part. Not the other way around. I do know that a lot of femme cosplayers out there dress up as male characters. My favorite Sanzo [Gensomaden Saiyuki] cosplayer is female for instance.

BTW where can i read scanlations of the manga? Care to tell?

The Genshiken manga is licensed by Del Rey. It is against forum rules to request downloads for licensed manga.

just watched ep 4 and i got 2 things to say. 1 Tanaka is the luckiest guy ever.
2 The little bit at the end after the credits was one of the funniest things i'd ever seen.
IMO this second season is really living up to the first season
smile.gif

Oops, didn't know that the manga was licensed...

Are there english versions of the manga currently in circulation?

Check your local bookstore, or search online for copies. As mentioned above, the final volume is to be released in English this month so yes, it should still be available wherever you buy manga.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back