Genshiken Second Series

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
I'm certainly not sold that was the last will see of the genshiken gang. Here is a little news update for you genshiken fanatics:

From ANN: Genshiken Spinoff Story To Be Told in Japanese Novel

The official website for the Genshiken television anime series has announced that Artdink game creator Kazutoshi Iida (Doshin the Giant, Aquanaut's Holiday) will publish "another Genshiken story" under Kodansha's KC Novels imprint on January 23 (2008). Shimoku Kio, the creator of the original manga about life in an otaku college club, has drawn the prose novel's cover. Genshiken Hainyū Ranjin no Yabō~Return of the OTAKU~ will be published on January 23 for 940 yen (about US$8.20). Iida's personal blog hints at a game tie-in with the manga. Kodansha also published the original manga, which Del Rey published in English.

Image Cover:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/images/cms...iken_novels.jpg

Another animated series to follow? Hopefully... I really enjoyed the final episode of the season. We got an in-depth look at Sasa's struggles trying to find employment. I couldn't help but root for the guy when he went to the final interview after being ripped a new one by Saki. She was a little harsh but it is exactly what he needed to hear. Then the icing on the cake when Ogiue voiced her disappointment. I thought Sasa was going to go NHK on us but he pulled himself together.

The scene where he is describing his work as chairman and all his thoughts finally start to flow into an impressive interview it was like a "sigh of relief" moment. I was thinking man the episode is almost over please just somebody anybody hire him lol. The only downfall was that he never mustered up enough courage to ask Ogiue out on a date. They had the build up scene where she comes rushing out of the shower and you just expect Sasa to man up and confess or something but no way that would have been way too out of character for the master of self loathing lol.

The ending scene was sughee when they show the gang working at their jobs with "Clubhouse Sandwich" accompanying it in the background. Then the genius ending line to send the second series off properly as Sasa is asked has he worked with any manga artists yet? He replies that he is basically just a telephone receptionist lol genshiken style comedy at its finest...

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Dec 28 2007, 12:40 AM) I'm certainly not sold that was the last will see of the genshiken gang. Here is a little news update for you genshiken fanatics:

From ANN: Genshiken Spinoff Story To Be Told in Japanese Novel

The official website for the Genshiken television anime series has announced that Artdink game creator Kazutoshi Iida (Doshin the Giant, Aquanaut's Holiday) will publish "another Genshiken story" under Kodansha's KC Novels imprint on January 23 (2008). Shimoku Kio, the creator of the original manga about life in an otaku college club, has drawn the prose novel's cover. Genshiken Hainyū Ranjin no Yabō~Return of the OTAKU~ will be published on January 23 for 940 yen (about US$8.20). Iida's personal blog hints at a game tie-in with the manga. Kodansha also published the original manga, which Del Rey published in English.

Image Cover:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/images/cms...iken_novels.jpg

Another animated series to follow? Hopefully... I really enjoyed the final episode of the season. We got an in-depth look at Sasa's struggles trying to find employment. I couldn't help but root for the guy when he went to the final interview after being ripped a new one by Saki. She was a little harsh but it is exactly what he needed to hear. Then the icing on the cake when Ogiue voiced her disappointment. I thought Sasa was going to go NHK on us but he pulled himself together.

The scene where he is describing his work as chairman and all his thoughts finally start to flow into an impressive interview it was like a "sigh of relief" moment. I was thinking man the episode is almost over please just somebody anybody hire him lol. The only downfall was that he never mustered up enough courage to ask Ogiue out on a date. They had the build up scene where she comes rushing out of the shower and you just expect Sasa to man up and confess or something but no way that would have been way too out of character for the master of self loathing lol.

The ending scene was sughee when they show the gang working at their jobs with "Clubhouse Sandwich" accompanying it in the background. Then the genius ending line to send the second series off properly as Sasa is asked has he worked with any manga artists yet? He replies that he is basically just a telephone receptionist lol genshiken style comedy at its finest...
and as ive said, what's been animated only covers about 2/3s the the manga, let alone the new novel which is going to be released next month.

A little side note to episode 11 about Oonos and Angelas Cosplay:
In the manga-version thay played Tifa and Yuffie from FF7
smile.gif
but Ooonos "Yoko" wasn´t bad either
laugh.gif

Srry if this is a little late response to the episode, but I lived a long time without a PC, old one´s broken
sad.gif
, and I just must say that
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back