Genshiken Second Series

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
That's great a seasonsoon You know I have seen any Kujibiki Unbalance subbed in months I guess it was dropped.

I just love the gang from Genshiken

I cant wait for a second full season of Genshiken!!!! People and me as well love that anime because we can all relate to one character. I know people in Japan can really relate and the story line is funny as well!!!

Yay more otaku insanity! Otaku pride!

Truely one of the best anime news i have heard probably since the Shana season 2 announcement. More Saki please she is true awesoness brings a smile to an otaku's face her character is genious. Girls can still fall for otaku's well it helps when you look good maybe that is the true lesson
laugh.gif
Love the scene where she finally cosplays one of my favorite anime moments of all time. The anime that termed the phrase Otakuish I can't speak more highly of this gem of an anime. I was reading up on it and they say it's going to be different or something to that extent. I am wondering what they mean by that. Different from the OVA series? but they will be based around their otaku lifestyle and The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture so with that i know comedy will ensue in epic proportions. Straight to the top of the fall anime 2007 list. If people aren't familiar with it now when the new season starts and they get to experience the genious comedy my prediction is it's gonna be a smash hit for fall animes. It's gonna be return of the otaku's more popular than ever
wink.gif

Senpai told me to watch Genshiken last year and I saw the first episode and then stopped and then continued a couple weeks later....truly awesome....haven't gotten around to watching the OVAs yet. So yipee for a 2nd Season!!
biggrin.gif
I should be in Genshiken as well.
biggrin.gif
Saki-chan is soooooooo hot and the other girls too......KAWAII!! XD I still don't know where to download Kujibiki Unbalance. If you guys really love the element of "Otaku's Pride on the line"......you guys should check out the j-drama and movie of Denshen Otaku (I think thats what its called).

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 01 2007, 04:29 PM) If you guys really love the element of "Otaku's Pride on the line"......you guys should check out the j-drama and movie of Denshen Otaku (I think thats what its called).
Are you talking about Densha Otoko (Train Man)? If so, I really liked that [Densha Otoko] series as well. Though the movie summed it up in a smaller amount of time, I like having the series where it can explain/include a lot more things into the story. The OVA/Special to it was hilarious in the beginning. Otakus become famous...
--------

It's great that a second series of Genshiken is finally coming around. I've recently spotted the Manga on a bookstore shelf and found it goes on for quite a bit more in volumes than the anime covers. Can't wait, I've also been thinking about obtaining a set of the available volumes of manga for myself because I wanted to read further into the story. Now I can also see it in action!

Welp, Genshiken is near a definite must for just about any otaku, since it is all about them.
biggrin.gif

Hope everyone else will enjoy the series as well.

whoa!!! an anime series about otakus --- ok... so it's not that uncommon nowadays, but something a little more grounded to reality. i actually read about this when i was browsing though stuff to look forward to for the fall season. and from the premise it sounded excellent... so i just downloaded the first season so i can work with the second season without any misses.
laugh.gif

EDIT: just finished with episode 1 of the first season and it's seems really nice and funny.... it kinda had a honey and clover-ish feel to it. heck... maybe it's just because they're also in college and this is probably the only other anime i watch where college students are the main characters --- unless i've been missing out on some more... if they keep up the pace, i think i will look forward to the second season too!
smile.gif

QUOTE (biankita @ Sep 17 2007, 09:11 AM) whoa!!! an anime series about otakus --- ok... so it's not that uncommon nowadays, but something a little more grounded to reality. i actually read about this when i was browsing though stuff to look forward to for the fall season. and from the premise it sounded excellent... so i just downloaded the first season so i can work with the second season without any misses.
laugh.gif

EDIT: just finished with episode 1 of the first season and it's seems really nice and funny.... it kinda had a honey and clover-ish feel to it. heck... maybe it's just because they're also in college and this is probably the only other anime i watch where college students are the main characters --- unless i've been missing out on some more... if they keep up the pace, i think i will look forward to the second season too!
smile.gif

biankita-san I think you will really enjoy this series. As you stated earlier the series is really grounded and all of the characters real (meaning believable)

Thought I might as well post in this thread rather than the other one seeing as this will be the thread being used next month.

I marathoned Genshiken and finished it (and the 3 KU episodes) a couple of hours ago, and I think it was a very good series; better than most I'll say that. Maybe that's just because I can somewhat relate to them, but not fully as I'm not crazy for cosplay like Ohno, or plastic models like Tanaka; furthermore, I'm not particularly good looking like Kousaka, and I'm not overweight or ever draw like Kugayama; Madarame is too hardcore. So that leaves only Sasahara who I guess I'm the most alike only because I'm more unlike the rest. Ah well.

I'm looking forward to seeing the second season. Ogiue didn't get much screen time in the OVAs, so I can't wait to see what happens with her in the second season.
wink.gif

Lol yeah, it's hard to believe there are otakus as hardcore as some of them are. But it's funny to see all those episodes with funny situations. A great anime, and I'm glad I started watching it.
Each of the characters are very interesting, yet very entertaining. Wish I was with a little club like Genshiken
tongue.gif

when does the second season start??? all i know is that it's for the fall season meaning october, but i haven't seen any reports how many episodes or when it will start...

i'm still watching the first season and i am so loving it... i plan to finish the whole first season this weekend...
laugh.gif

This is bad... Genshiken season 2, in my understanding, has been licensed by MFI... Too bad, i really was looking forward to watching it...

Genshiken 2 ep 1 is finally out. I didn't even realize it had been aired in japan until i saw the torrent for it subbed, but because it is an MFI work you will have to find it for yourself, but that shouldn't be hard really. I'm not sure if it had been stated before but will the second season's animation be like the OVAs or like the regular first season? I finished the 1st season and the OVA about 2 weeks ago and I didn't like the animation of the OVA's nearly as much as the actual season.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 10 2007, 08:43 PM) Genshiken 2 ep 1 is finally out. I didn't even realize it had been aired in japan until i saw the torrent for it subbed, but because it is an MFI work you will have to find it for yourself, but that shouldn't be hard really. I'm not sure if it had been stated before but will the second season's animation be like the OVAs or like the regular first season? I finished the 1st season and the OVA about 2 weeks ago and I didn't like the animation of the OVA's nearly as much as the actual season.
The odd part Barbo like Jonesy mentioned was... (umm whether or not we can mention the subbers I'm not quite for sure in this case probably not)... but the fact that it is subbed by them makes me even more excited that a really good job will be done here. I think the ova series was done fairly well, the animation quality definitely took a different approach but I had no complaints about it I thought it was fairly fresh. But once again I was shocked by the subbers who usually do fighting shounen type animes picking this up... I think this will help attract many more fans/viewers for what was truly a gem of anime
wink.gif

QUOTE (Jonesy @ Oct 10 2007, 07:11 PM) This is being subbed by dtb so i don't really see any problems with licensing
just to let you know it's not dtb
tongue.gif
Either way mentioning the fansub group is against the rules since MFI works are considered as licensed material because a Japanese company has strictly held the copyrights to the series. That is why it is considered licensed and we don't distribute it here.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Oct 10 2007, 08:24 PM) The odd part Barbo like Jonesy mentioned was... (umm whether or not we can mention the subbers I'm not quite for sure in this case probably not)... but the fact that it is subbed by them makes me even more excited that a really good job will be done here. I think the ova series was done fairly well, the animation quality definitely took a different approach but I had no complaints about it I thought it was fairly fresh. But once again I was shocked by the subbers who usually do fighting shounen type animes picking this up... I think this will help attract many more fans/viewers for what was truly a gem of anime
wink.gif

I totally agree Senpai. This is one of my all-time favorite animes.

The first episode was pretty good. It was nice to see the gang to together and they laid a foundation that sounds like a lot of fun (the gang making thier own manga)

I'm happy to see that they kept with the animation of the actual season as opposed to the OVA's, but the new characters that came in the OVA's still kinda annoy me, Ogiue and Kuchiki. Maybe not so much Oguie anymore, but definitely Kuchiki. He's annoyed the crap out of me since the first time he was introduced and they went to the restaurant. Also a bit disappointed that the same type of episode titles aren't there. In season 1 all the episode titles seemed like topics you could write whole essays on and such, but not anymore. Something minor that I miss from season 1, but aside from that it's just more Genshiken, which is not a bad thing at all.

Yeah I am very, very happy that the animation quality is back up to where it should be, because lets face it, we all know the OVAs looked like shit and must have been animated by drunk Koreans.

Kind of sucks Haraguchi was there crapping up the first episode but Madarame's Gundam moment at the start of the episode makes up for it.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back