Gin-iro No Olynssis

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

MKK2004

-ecchi
Retired

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/olynssis/

More giant robo goodness from Sunrise. Character designs by Hisashi Hirai, expect the characters to be Gundam SEED/Destiny lookalikes, aka, purple haired Lacus.

I"M IN! so when will it be out exactly?

hmm... wow the characters do look recycled... wow... i think i'll give this a try.

hazzaaaaaaaaaaaaa~!!

actually, both those girls are insta-winners... FORGET LUNAMARIA AND LACUS, THIS'LL BE JOY-SPREE!

I say i like both the "new looking lacus," and the old lacus. Both are good for me
biggrin.gif
! ME CLAIM! ME CLAIM! lol. I agree definetely forget Luna though! If this is going to come out before GS3, this one will probably be keeping me busy for a while
cool.gif

EDIT: hmmm.. now that i look at the pictures a bit closer, this anime is starting to remind me of Sokyuu no Fafner ~Right of Left~ OVA a lot! esp the characters in that pic who look like shinn and lacus and the guy in the red who looks like kira.

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Sep 20 2006, 10:09 PM)
LOL, left one is MINE! Purple hair looks and acts too much like Lacus
laugh.gif

Any subbers? T_T I really want to see this show subbed. The raws are available on youtube, but its no fun since I can't understand it at all.

Anyways, enough of my complaining, the OP for this show is AWESOME both song (sounds kinda like Invoke) and video. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGvaB52Ghgg

For those who watched Gundam Seed, you will notice a lot of Gundam Seed OP resemblance such as from Realize, Believe, and Invoke. Also OMG SEED MODE!!! This show is literally Gundam Seed all over again.

... It's been a few days, maybe weeks now...

I guess no fansub is interested in this anime. I guess i'll watchthe raws.

on the meantime, i'll just check out the two other mechas...

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Nov 10 2006, 12:20 PM) one of the reason is that the story is really boring from what i saw on the raws, very bad mecha designs and battles, the story is quite dull and the only thing good is the character designs.
Really???Well we can't judge a book from his cover...but then maybe I'ts because these are the first episodes so after that the story can develop more and become interesting,I said maybe.....

does somebody know if there is somebody subing that anime? it looks realy interesting

[Moderator's Note: Thread exist. Please use the search feature before make a new thread. Duplicate thread merged.]

edit: i tryed serching but nothing poped up so ...sry

This is taken fron Shinsen Subs Homepage

QUOTE So there were two real mecha shows that came out last season. GinIro no Olysniss and Hangyaku no Lelouch. I didn't really know anything about either, but as time passed I saw nobody talking about one and everybody talking about the other. So I mentioned it in channel and Fakia said:

"That's the worst mech anime ever. I've seen a lot of horrible mech animes, and this is undoubtedly the worst of them. It has no redeeming features whatsoever." (Paraphrased)

And I said, "That can't be true! From the website it looks pretty high budget! Mech series aren't cheap to make, you know, somebody had to see SOMETHING they liked about it to green light it. I bet you it gets really good in the later episodes, and we just don't know it!"

So I set out to translate it and prove Fakia wrong, since it was break, and I had a lot of free time.

Fakia, you were right. I'm sorry for ever doubting you.

But since I'd written the scripts anyway, we decided we may as well release it for completeness's sake. Hell, we did Legend of Duo, why not this? Just because we're releasing it doesn't mean you should download it though. Seriously. Don't. It's boring, and it doesn't get better. The fanservice in episode 1 is basically the only fanservice you'll ever see, so there's not even that going for it.

If, against my advice, you decide to watch this series, you'll see...
Enemy mecha shaped like Canarys!
Villians whose motivation is so stupid they make Cobra from GI Joe look like complex and nuanced characters!
Animation quality so bad that you'll have trouble distinguishing who's who from a distance!

It's not Gunman Musashi level bad, but it's close. We're just going to upload the BT links, and leave them alone, and probably never mention this series again until it's time to release the next batch, and after that never again.

Judging by the above text, i Highly doubt Shinsen would sub the rest of this series

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back