Gugure! Kakkuri-san

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
Vf7wyKU.jpg

Title: Gugure! Kakkuri-san
Genre: Supernatural, Romance, Drama, Comedy
Premier: 6th October 2014
Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment
Director: Hiraike Yoshimasa
Original Creator: Endo Midori
Official Website:

Plot:
The story revolves around a little girl named Kohina. Kohina ends up summoning a Kokkuri-san, a low-ranking ghost in Japanese folklore. The Kokkuri-san she calls turns out to be a white-haired handsome, young man. At first he had intended to merely haunt her, but soon he becomes worried about her terrible eating habit of cup ramen for every meal. He later decides to haunt her in order to protect her.
(~from MAL~)

Always been a fan of animes involving Japanese folklore but they are either good entertainment or utterly ridiculous and boring. This one reads
like it might go either way despite some bishi youkai looking characters.

All iffy since that weird looking loli/girl seems to be the main character.

Anyway, gonna check it out just to see if it be worthwhile entertainment.

I'm surprised that nobody hasn't made a reply about this anime yet, Firstly of all it is Kokkuri-san not Kakkuri-san, but I digress >.> (F.Y.I) this is going to be a Long reply.
I Greatly enjoy this serie, every single moment of it for a matter of fact. Of course my biggest struggle is... *Looks at the Age rating* 13+.. I have been to Japan a few times.. but I did not know they see this being 13+!! For those following this anime, you know what I mean especially with Inugami and with the latest episode (10) the Tengu..

Either way.. First episode took me in as being mysterious and intriguing... that was until kokkuri-san showed up xD. I really find Kohina to be the most intriguing, you can't help but wonder, how and why?
Inugami, who came with episode 2... That was the moment I checked the Age rating of this show.. I can't stop myself from almost laughing to death each episode, still I keep on being surprised with the age rating, such as with Shigaraki the tanuki.
Which brings me to episode 3... again checking 5 sites on the age rating if it is true...at which point, I gave up ><. The same counts for all the episodes after that point : 4 Lol , 5 oh my god doesn't realizes it >< , 6 aw how sweet, 7 Creepy and 2nd part.. He finally turned xD, 8 it is the most cliche way to solve it, 9 nobody likes to lose cuteness or get 0 attention and lastly episode 10 so far.. well.. I found it to be the most Normal episode of them all... EXCEPT for the Tengu...I honestly mean the whole story with the tree being the most normal + Inugami at the end xD, I can't stop laughing
tongue.gif

*Steam cloud dissipates* hah... finally all my comments, no matter how short or questioning are out of my system (For now). It surprises me on how much this show is lacking in comments, I guess they have their reasons for it, but still surprises me non the less, this is a very fun and enjoyable show, with the age rating remaining to be the biggest mystery.

smile.gif
It is indeed a fun show. Inugami with his/her tricks is fun but the tanuki with his really bad habits may be the best. Although the cat-girl is also very nice.
The combination of cuteness together with all the disturbing behaviours make it fun to watch this series. I wonder what happened to Kohina. She can be normal but refuses to be normal. A bit the opposite of Kokkuri. He wants to be normal but acts just as bad as the rest
smile.gif

Gugure! Kokkuri-san! Review Time!

Do I have something against this show? Hell no! except for the age rating, I know it is useless to argue about it..
Favorite show of the whole season, in the end 10 out of 10 I can already say, no matter if people believe it to be to much based on my own personal opinion. I just can't argue with what I have seen and enjoyed.
Last episode (12) was one in which I did felt very emotional, but as always also laughed in the end such as episode 10.

Overall, my rating for Gugure! Kokkuri-san: 10/10
Animation: 10/10 (It simply fits for the show that is how I always judge it + usage, you can't pull something off with such characters in a different style of animation).
Story: 10/10 (It is a story of a girl that lives alone and after a game *I think before that even* ends up with Kokkuri-san as a guardian..+ a bunch of other hilarious and a creepy spirit).
Characters: 10/10 (Some may rate it lower due to stuff such as, those characters aren't seen that often, but the idea is mostly always Kohina and Kokkuri-san the two of which it is all about since the begin and even maybe in the end).

I still keep laughing every single day about some of the other episodes such as Inugami in episode 10, or Kokkuri-san in episode 7. Recommended to all! (But still be careful on the 13+ subject).

So the last episode and it went a bit serious. Although it didn't involve Kohina it sure could have been about her and her parents.

In all it was a good comedy series. The seriousness of Kohina's problem never was overemphasized and the strange characters which actually do like her a lot produced some really funny scenes. The characters in all were fun to watch with good animation: all of them having a cute form in which they retain their strange behaviour was very good indeed.. Kokkuri as a fox who is afraid to get bald and is overprotective, Inugami who is a dog who wants to have Kohina all for himself, Shigaraki as a tanuki who is a drunk and gambler, Tama as a nice cat with some nasty doll fetish..and of course Kohina which actually shows her actual face in some scenes. The other characters were okay as well although not as memorable.
Storywise it did not get any progress on why Kohina is like she is now. Maybe that will come in a next season. If the writers can keep on producing such good side stories, it becomes less important to know why she is like that.

In all a very good solid comedy series with a strong group of characters. For me it is a 9 out of 10..which is due to the lack of improvement on the serious part of Kohina. A second season is really needed
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back