Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu
Retired
As of today, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni was confirmed a 3rd season. According to Moetron, content, premier date, and so on have yet to be announced.

Guesses on what will be premiered all PS2 exclusive arcs (re-telling of Onikakushi, Watanagashi, Matsuribayashi) and the epilogue.

Sources: http://www.moetron.com/2007/12/17/higurash.../#comment-82911
http://blog.animate.tv/higurashi/index.php?itemid=4175
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-...eason-announced

Youtube video included. I have yet to watch the raw, but it seems this was displayed during the eyecatch of episode 24. Several other sites and viewers have confirmed the truth of this message.

~au ~au ~au ~au ~au I WANT TO TAKE RIKA AND HANYUU HOME!!!!!!

A third season?
blink.gif

I'm really happy for that since higurashi only has gotten better, but what more is going to be left for a third season?,,, Though it seems they've got more to tell us since they could also just add remaining eps to Kai.
And I'm curious about that number of eps...

I was completely shocked that Deen would make a third season, but am very grateful that they are going to do it.
biggrin.gif
In terms of the arcs, there's still the "Extra arcs" found in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei, three manga-exclusive arcs, the three PS2-game arcs, which includes the true end of Higurashi, and the novel arcs.

They'll most likely start season three with Saikoroshi-hen, the epilogue to Matsuribayashi-hen, and after that they'll probably go into the PS2 arcs. I doubt that they'd add in the other arcs since they may not have enough time for it, but who knows? We may end up getting a season 4 in the future, Marimite did after all, and that's also done by Studio Deen.
tongue.gif

Wow, this news really surprised me. The idea of whether they would make a third season crossed my mind for about a second at one point, but I quickly dismissed it thinking that season 2 will be the end. Though saying that I'm still excited and happy to see that a 3rd season is being made. I can never get enough of my killer lolis.
biggrin.gif

When I saw the thread title I totally thought this would be spam, but a third season was 100% unexpected and is 100% welcomed. I'm slightly afraid of where this could go, since sequels don't always hold up in terms of quality, but Kai was surprisingly decent so hopefully a third season can fulfill expectations.

Bah, got beat to posting it... >__>

Anyways this is something to look forward to, the details are expected to appear on the official site soon so be sure to regularly check it out.

For the last time rena I WILL NOT GO HOME WITH YOU!

Sheesh, enough is enough already. We all now how cute and dangerous Rena looks wiht her giant meatcleaver. I think that's enough.

This made my day! Cannot believe the series is continuing (esp. with problems they seem to be having regarding school day and similar animes). All is good I guess.

QUOTE (Shinobu's_Lover @ Dec 18 2007, 03:07 PM) For the last time rena I WILL NOT GO HOME WITH YOU!

Thats ok, she can come home with me then
wink.gif
I'm a giant Rena fan (take a look at my new icon... christmas Rena-chan! kana? kana?)

Looking forward to the 3rd installment.. I'm really happy that the ps2 arcs will be animated, especially since I'll probably never get to play the game, and since it's the "true ending" to Higurashi. I have to admit that the 2nd season, although decent, didn't grab me me emotionally as strongly as the 1st had. Maybe it's due to Rena not getting enough screentime
sad.gif

WTF!!! You serious......ahhhhhh dear lord what has this world come to...LMAO. Ah well, I guess we'll see this anime pop up sometime in 2008 hopefully. Hurray for more Hanyuu screentime!! XD
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Phew !! Thank for link, my miss for Higurashi have been cure for a bit.I guess the character getting pile up, it look like I have to be prepare for some new killing spree. New arc, that sound nice one for me.
I guess we don't have enough for Higurashi .... HIGU BANZAI HIGU BANZAI HIGU BANZAI ...

Not only that, few of my friend have been charm by this series ..... it look like I can make some HIGU cult society here .... still there not many can't receive Higurashi and stay away even I show them few of first season episodes. It look like it dream for me to make them understand the beautiful behind Higurashi thought it actually just a fiction.

About the trailer, it seem after half they introduce someone I never seen before. Whatever is it, I will look forward of incoming of new season. Now still waiting a realize of real thing.

What the ... 4 games.
blink.gif
Wow !!! Definitely getting overdose when I get the game.

Too bad, I have to stop play console game for little while especially DS. So maybe I will do something else then. It look like this series could have no end at all ... many possibility to explore as well.

I pray they release some game for pc too. That so unfair I have to dig to much in my pocket just to get it then.

LOL, they're actually making the OVA for Higurashi Rei? If that's the case, then I'm looking forward to the arc that's related to Higurashi Daybreak. That one is definitely gonna be full of fun stuff.
smile.gif
Of course the other arc in Higurashi Rei is also interesting.

Well considering four new arcs/games are being released for the DS in the near future, I assume that another series will eventually come probably composing of these new arcs. I really hope the OVA doesn't just end the series. I really want to see more of the other arcs.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Apr 30 2008, 10:00 AM) Well considering four new arcs/games are being released for the DS in the near future, I assume that another series will eventually come probably composing of these new arcs. I really hope the OVA doesn't just end the series. I really want to see more of the other arcs.
Considering that this is the exact same thing Deen did with Marimite, I'd say it's pretty possible that after the OVA season there'll be another season aired on TV. And hell, at least we're going to get some eye-popping quality, and not have to worry about those censors.
rolleyes.gif

OVA planned for this winter ^_____^

CODE http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-05-08/3rd-higurashi-series-planned-as-rei-ova-this-winter

and is officially called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei (Topic title changed)

Details of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei:
CODE http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-07-23/higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-rei-video-details-announced

3 arcs:
Hajisarashi-hen (December 2008) 1 episode <---- based off the novel that came with the limited Matsuri PS2 game
Saikoroshi-hen (February to June 2009) 3 episodes <----the epilogue of Matsuribayashi-hen
Hirukowashi-hen (August 2009) 1 episode <----spinoff of a Higurashi Daybreak arc.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back