Homo Sexuality

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
im more on the side of daedroth, too many HOMOSEXUALS mess up the normal system of man and woman. but then i dont agree with ur with more reproducing we will venture out into space stuff XD, mayb uve been watching too much star wars or sumthin lol. with more ppl the world is more screwed if u think about it geologically incorporating the fact about global warming issues at the moment.
this is nothing racist but i put sum of the blame on the LEDCs in this world like africa for the high birth rates. feck drifting off topic anyway am just gunna shut my face now

QUOTE (^_^mike^_^ @ Apr 24 2006, 12:43 PM) this is nothing racist but i put sum of the blame on the LEDCs in this world like africa for the high birth rates. feck drifting off topic anyway am just gunna shut my face now
Cause and effect. The reason Africa is like it is today is because Europeans (those in Europe and those who moved to the New World, ie: today's North Americans) made Africa that way. If we hadn't ruined their societies with the slave trade and colonization, who knows what their civilization would be like today. The same goes for most countries you're 'blaming'. But as you said, we're getting off topic.

@mohammed2006: You're still making assumptions (now that everyone/bisexuals all believe in God) but if that's how you justify your opinion than so be it. I still fail to see how it works, personally.

well think or brazil or other parts of south america,no european went there to kick any ass but its also like that with the birth issues. its like they r at it like rabbits or sumthing.

You basically said God made Adam and Eve, and thus the natural rule is man/woman and not man/man, woman/woman, correct? That only works if you believe in God/Christian values. If not, who's to say the natural rule isn't "your born with whatever sexuality"?

I don't think there's anything wrong with homosexuality. I'm one of those left wing people who says that as long as no one is hurt it's not my decision to make. To me, a guy falling in love with his mother or anything crazy like that I may find personally disgusting, but as long as he keeps his personal life personal I'll look at him the same as anybody else.

I don't really think the whole procreation thing is a problem. The human race is not going to die out over this. The human race is in far more danger of overpopulation than underpopulation. Besides, does that mean we should get rid of birth control? Even if you consider homosexuality unnatural, our very civilization is unnatural. We as humans have all but exempted ourselves from the rules of nature.

Lastly, I have a tendency to be extremely intolerant of religious intolerance (particularly Christian, since that's what draws the most attention). To me, it's nothing but hypocrisy. Christian theocracy is supposed to teach people not to judge. Even if you are one of the people that think it's a sin, I'd say that's God's place to decide, and He is perfectly capable of dealing with it when their day of judgement comes.

The only reason i didn't want the word "gay" to be used was i felt that some would try to use it in a derrogatory fashion, but now that i've seen that most people can control themselves and that no one is offended by the word i would like to apolagize for making the vocabulary i wanted in this forum too restricted.

Also for those who wan't to talk about religion, even though it does have a relavence to this topic, i would appreciate it if you did not assume that everybody beleives in the stories of the bible and use said stories as proof for or against homosexuality. Again forgive me if i am being too restrictive.

I also think that if we would like to talk about religion we should do so in a forum dedicated to this topic so as not to stray too far from what we are talking about here.

P.S. I personaly am an atheist and do not believe in "god," though i have absolutly nothing against those that do.

Okay, I'm not sure what happened, but somehow, when I posted there were two posts. So I'm editing this one to make it short. Gomen on the double posting, but I really don't understand what happened.

Oh dear. I'm being dragged in again. I've been too busy to check on the forums for the last month or more, but this topic caught my attention as I'm always curious about contraversial topics.

QUOTE (Daedroth @ Apr 24 2006 @ 06:34 AM)No matter what people say, I will always think that homosexual people shouldn't exist. They serve no purpose

And what purpose do you serve? (I say this with a slight chuckle) Do you serve the purpose of perpetuating your own species? Is that your purpose? Because, if it is, one could easily argue that you, and every other heterosexual, don't serve any real purpose in the grand scheme of things.

Though, that may not be a very powerful argument as one could make the counter argument that it is better to exist than to not exist and therefore to serve the notion by perpetuating the species. And ultimately I've said nothing. Or maybe I haven't. *shrug*

QUOTE (mohammed2006 @ Apr 24 2006 @ 01:25 PM)I think when society accepted the idea and the Christianity approved it- as one of the members mention- it was a kind of encouraging point.
((Ps. Religions are there to suit all time and place it is meant to stick to some rules that make human-life better and certainly Christianity didn’t have that approval on such a case 1000 years ago or even 500 years ago . i wonder did they talk to god when they decided to approve it? ))

Okay, first of all, which society? To be honest, when I first read your posts, I thought to myself, "Is this guy living in a hut on some mountain with a goat that's chewing on his computer cables as he writes?" This is an important question to answer (the society one not the goat question). For example, Canada is much more liberal as a political body than the United States. Also, if you are speaking about the United States, society has yet to completely accept homosexaulity. Granted, it is getting closer and closer, but we're not quite there yet.

Secondly, and let me be clear, Christianity has NOT approved homosexuality. Christianity is a timeless concept, immutable. However, that is not to say that everyone that CLAIMS to follow its teachings is truly a Christian. Those that deviate from the teachings of Christianity are simply no longer Christians. They may hold many Christian beliefs and call themselves Christians, but they are not. It would be like a bunch of people that called themselves Muslims (and I mean no cultural, religious, or personal offense with this example so if I offend, please excuse it) getting together and saying that Mohammed was a woman and that everyone should engage in large sex orgies without protection because Allah will protect them from the evils of HIV and AIDS which are punishments against the western countries for their arrogance in the world. I feel fairly confident that you would have a fit when you heard these people claimed to be Muslim and you would probably be even more upset when you heard that the movement was gaining more popularity because popular culture was fueling it. So, in conclusion, no, just because some congregations that wear the label of Christian are giving the full thumbs up on homosexual relationships does not mean that true Christianity has changed. One more thing, Christianity cannot change as the only one who has the power to change it is God and He doesn't make mistakes, so there would be nothing to change. I mean, it's not like Mormonism where there is a prophet that can decide to change whatever he wants.

QUOTE (sk7 @ Apr 24 2006 @ 05:36 PM)Lastly, I have a tendency to be extremely intolerant of religious intolerance (particularly Christian, since that's what draws the most attention). To me, it's nothing but hypocrisy. Christian theocracy is supposed to teach people not to judge. Even if you are one of the people that think it's a sin, I'd say that's God's place to decide, and He is perfectly capable of dealing with it when their day of judgement comes.

Actually, Christian theocracy teaches not to judge a person, that is to say, we are not to condemn anyone. However, it also teaches to judge actions, attitudes, and concepts. As a Christian, I have no right to judge (condemn) a homosexual, though I am expected to judge (evaluate according to the characteristics of God as I understand them at this point in my personal relationship with God) homosexual actions, lifestyles, and propaganda.

How does this play out? One example: A homosexual couple knocks on my door in need of a place to stay. Understanding that these people need to be shown the love of Christ, I allow them to stay. However, I do not allow them to stay in the same bed and I may go so far as to not allow them to stay in the same room. I explain simply that my understanding of God's desire for us is that we not part-take in same sex relations and as such, I have no problem with them as homosexuals, but I cannot support any furthering or continuing of their relationship while under my domain (not to say that they have to break up to stay or anything like that). That would conclude my need to express my beliefs on the matter and I would proceed by interacting with them the same way I would if they were heterosexual friends (that's the not judging them part in that I wouldn't treat them any different as people). I am not required to and therefore would not try to convert them or inundate them with my beliefs. Though, that's not to say that I wouldn't talk more about it should the topic be brought up.

As far as the hypocrisy of Christians is concerned, some of it is due to those false Christians that claim the name but don't properly follow the teachings. Also, many Christians nowadays have lost sight that being a Christian does not mean that we are and therefore have to be perfect, but instead that we are trying our best to be perfect though we recognize the impossibility of such a goal and graciously accept the forgiveness of our Creator. I can understand why you would think that its just hypocrisy, but your view is probably based on false Christians and "modern" Christians who are trying to "keep up appearances". If you ever meet a true believer that is living the way he or she really should be (acknowledging shortcomings and everything), you would find it hard to say "To me, it's nothing but hypocrisy."

For those of you doubting that one can judge an action but not the person, you should know that my best friend from high school is now a lesbian and she is living with her girlfriend. I disapprove of their relationship. However, there is a fine line between being against her action and being against her. It's a line I walk very carefully.

One last thing, I know the number one complaint I get against distinguishing between the person and the action is, "So what? You expect homosexuals to be lonely for the rest of their lives?" Let me address this before someone brings it up. I expect that people will do according to what they understand. An atheistic homosexual has no reason not to engage in a homosexual lifestyle. It would be foolish of me to expect otherwise. However, those that acknowledge Christianity are under the same restrictions as any other Christians and we are all called to give up things. This is harder for some than others. For homosexuals, I would say that they would need to give up any homosexual lifestyle (notice I didn't say they had to stop being gay). Some might say, "That's not fair that heterosexuals can marry and have relationships but not homosexuals." Well, the truth is that even some heterosexuals are called to give up marriage relations.

I have to say, that's a very good explanation and as it voices my opinion very nicely I don't really have anything to add.

[Though I have to say I could've done without this apparently off-hand remark:
QUOTE (High School Sensei @ Apr 24 2006, 04:25 PM) I mean, it's not like Mormonism where there is a prophet that can decide to change whatever he wants.
Being LDS myself I can assure you that that's not how it works and that we also believe in the immutability of God. But since that's a topic for another time and place, I'll just leave it at that.]

QUOTE (Cieloan @ Apr 24 2006, 08:12 PM) Though I have to say I could've done without this apparently off-hand remark:
Gomen. You're right. I should not have said that.

actually high_school_sensei explain most of it...
happy.gif
but here... homosexuals are there as said because of some abuse done in child hood and other problems like motherless or fatherless etc.

but you know it wasn't there fault they were like that... they were INFLUENCED which they themself didn't intend to have. so we need to understand them and try to bring them back to there true nature as a man or a woman respectively.

but if they act like they really like it and they really wanna have sex with the same sex and you tried the best you can to stop it and change them... that is the time you can in a way give them a piece of your mind.

honestly i'm so grossed which i see homosexuals but i think of it... they are still man and woman with some things that made them to be attracted to the same sex. so i think its a good idea to help them get back to their original selves...

also hating them won't change a thing... so hate them then wat? did you make a change? also as far as Christian values concern my post is more of the so obvious truth to any person who have the right intentions to do...

also regarding in putting Christian Values here... i myself am a Christian but please don't let it be a misconception that saying Christian truths is good. What i mean is that its not that credible to say it if you really don't know what your taking about like what mohammed2006 said... he was saying Christian Truths which i believe but man if you can't support your answer then don't answer at all cause you may made a point but if its been contradicted and you can't answer it may seem no loss for you cause your not a Christian but its a loss for me and other Christians cause it makes us less credible and what we believe in. gets?

also wanna say that High_School_Sensei is the longest consecutive poster i have seen...
happy.gif

I have noticed that throught this forum all of the people that were opinianated and expressed their thoughts very well and in a proffesional fashion were of a Christian backround. I respect what you stand for and what you believe in and I mean no disrespect when I say that I would like to hear the opinion of somebody who is not from this backround such as I.
I just think that it would be interesting to see the opinion of somebody who does not have the influnce of something with allot of power such as the bible persuading them. Again I mean no disrespect because you believe what you believe and I think that it is great that you stay firm to your beliefs and voice your opinion on things that effect you and what you believe in.

sorry that i can't give you that point of view...
happy.gif
i'm a Christian as said... XD

but i think bold and noob could give good opinions about it since i really don't know what religion they belong to...
smile.gif

QUOTE getting together and saying that Mohammed was a womanand that everyone should engage in large sex orgies without protection because Allah will protect them from the evils of HIV and AIDS who said that

QUOTE Christianity cannot change as the only one who has the power to change it is God is iam the only one seerias hire come on you konw that there are more than 30000 copy of bible not one form this 30000 are look a like

any way i dont wont to go out of the topec but what i wonted to do with my last post is prove that homosexual is bad and every thing encourag it i wasnt shoor that Christianity approved it as i said
QUOTE - as one of the members mention-

Yes I know this first part is semi off topic.
Anyway, when I said religious intolerance, I meant any sort of intolerance where a person's religious beliefs are the motivation, regardless of whether or not that person's beliefs match up to the "true" theocracy.
QUOTE Understanding that these people need to be shown the love of Christ
Using the word "need" implies that you desire to impress your beliefs upon another, even if you aren't being forceful about it.

I also forgot about the "purpose" argument. Who's to say that humanity's purpose is just to breed? Does that mean that old people are useless? Sterile people? People with genetic defects? Clergymen who choose to be chaste? The "purpose" of humanity is highly subjective.

What do people think about the whole debate over whether homosexuality is instinctual (people are born when a tendency towards homosexuality) or learned? I remember a study where they showed gays and straights of each gender pictures of various people and recorded brain activity. The brains of homosexual men reacted almost identically when looking at pictures of men as heterosexual women's brains did. I believe the same held true with homosexual women and pictures of women.

QUOTE Understanding that these people need to be shown the love of Christ

who said this line? i know its true and i believe it... but man... think of a better line to make all the members accept it ok?
biggrin.gif

if its me i'm sorry...
sad.gif
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back