Honey and Clover Live Action

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

MKK2004

-ecchi
Retired
11472966401301cu.jpg

"It was announced last week in the entertainment section of Nikkan Sports that a live-action movie of the popular shoujo manga and anime, Honey and Clover, is going to be made. Sakurai Sho (23), member of the popular J-Pop music group ARASHI, will play the lead male role as Takemoto Yuuta.

Aoi Yuu (20), Iseya Yusuke (29) Kase Ryo (30), and Seki Megumi (19) will join Sakurai as the five main characters of Honey and Clover.

Masahiro Takada, a commercial advertisement director, will direct. This is his debut as a feature director.

The movie is scheduled to open to the public in the summer of 2006."

Offical site

Yes, there's going to be one, I heard it's on 2008, the trailers are already on youtube and HURRAY!!!! Ikuta Toma's playing Yuta!! I'd love him to play Morita, but since Yuta has the most screen time it's all right.
laugh.gif
I'll surely be watching this one
biggrin.gif

Ahahaha... Just for the simple fact that this is Honey and Clover is enough to encourage me to watch it! I just hope that they don't deviate from the story like how they did in the movie.

EDIT: I visited the sars-fansub and it looks like they're going to be working with another love song-sub group to do the subs for Honey and Clover. They don't have an open date yet, but I'm so glad someone is actually going to be subbing this! Can't wait!

EDIT 2: I just watched the first episode. It's was really good. Though i was taken aback that the storyline is something that I'm very unfamiliar with. But I thought it's cute enough. I'm curious how they're going to be progressing the story.

Ive seen the first episode, and currently downloading the second one.
The anime made me cry. This drama will likely make me cry as well. Hagumi is really cute. The girl Ayumi is cute, too. I can't believe shes the same girl who starred on the dorama Hana Kimi. The only thing that disappointed me was the guy who starred as the uncle/sort of of Hagumi. They could've picked a more good looking guy.
tongue.gif

The live drama is an insult to Honey and Clover. Mayama, Takemoto, and Morita or just a bunch of clowns.

There goes my internal theory that the story may have covered stuff from the manga that were eithe not covered in the anime, blah, blah, blah. They went to the beach. And it was mentioned in the anime that they never did.

I thought the second episode was cute. I don't mind that the story was changed. Though it would have been nice watching the same story since I'm such a big fan of the anime. I thought a fresh prespective in terms of the plot being made is something I consider a good thing. The only thing i'm actually disappointed about is that the soundtrack of the anime was so incredible and we're getting nothing but instrumentals in the j-drama. I like that the quirk that the anime can still be seem in the j-drama (i.e. the Morita moments). I'm looking forward to episode 3. Are the subbers releasing this weekly??? I hope.

QUOTE (labk1ta @ Jan 24 2008, 11:06 PM) The only thing that disappointed me was the guy who starred as the uncle/sort of of Hagumi. They could've picked a more good looking guy.
tongue.gif

I agree, they should have picked somebody a bit better looking.. ah well
tongue.gif

I've only watched the first episode.. for some reason Hagumi seems a bit odd to me. She is cute but, the way she acts... I suppose it has to grow on me, because sometimes she seems retarded
laugh.gif
I know that Hagu is really shy and mostly in her own world, but somehow I don't find it being properly conveyed through the actress in the live action.
The rest of the characters are great! I especially love Takemoto
wub.gif
though I did not remember him being picked on THAT much by Morita and Mayama! I knew he was picked on but.. it seems to be a bit extreme in the live action, poor guy is always getting in trouble, or being accidentally hit by Yamada.

I just finished watching the third episode.

I like the episode and how things are progressing, but I got a little turned off as to the reason why Rika was the way she was and how Harada died. The story that they showed on the j-drama was kinda shallow and weird. And I know that the RikaXHarada story in the anime was a little slow and boring but I actually liked it better than the one in the j-drama.

Also, I like the fireworks festival in the anime version better. But I'm not complaining about the j-drama version. It wasn't bad. I just liked the other one better. I liked how the story went and the pace it's progressing.

When someone tries to re-create a masterpiece like the Anime, you have to expect to be at least slightly disappointed, but this show is making me cringe. Takemoto is a pathetic doormat instead of the intelligent lost young man I strongly identified with. The guy playing Morita is nowhere near charismatic enough to be believable as the quixotic artistic genius from the anime. Hagu is fine in as much as she is impossible to cast in real life anyway, but her story is hopelessly damaged. I see they actually have her confessing her feelings to Morita in the next episode which is very wrong. Mayama and Yamada are well cast, but again their story doesn't ring true with Yamada telling him that she was going to move on. And Rika's self-blame for delaying her husbands flight to one which crashed by burning herself with hot water is irrational and has nowhere near the impact that falling asleep at the wheel being the cause of his death. I don't mind them playing around with the storyline, but when they everyone is acting out of character, it becomes unwatchable.

BTW, I see the Manga is going to be available in the U.S. this spring.

Oi oi oi oi oi... I can understand how some people will dislike the differences, but reading these comments are making me sad.
sad.gif

I am originally a fan of the anime and didn't care as much for the movie, but the drama series itself is quite well a piece of its own. I am thoroughly enjoying this drama after looking past the differences. At first, I found Hagumi's uncle not what I had expected and the story quite different, but why should the live action be required to follow so closely. It may be because it is impossible to recreate the loved settings the manga and anime create that they have taken this angle. They want to create a drama full of laughter and life, and I have found that by opening my mind to a new look at this unique story. Look at this drama as its own with a history related by a source of inspiration from the manga or anime, not as an replica meant to satisfy the real life replacement of manga or anime.
wink.gif

I can say the story will not be found as expected, having watched through 6th episode already, but please do not be so biased as to believe that the characters must be as represented by their drawn predecessors. Tossing aside a decent drama just because it doesn't match is not an open mind to new ideas. I believe everyone should attempt to look with an open mind to anything newly developed and not base off of historic relations.

Simply put, all I am saying is don't judge by defined history, remember it and compare it if you must, but also note that each story is its own. The newer one seems to be created through inspiration and creates its own story, taking itself out of "new version" and into "inspired story", which is how I accept it.

And if you are wondering how I'm watching the 6th already, its because I can understand spoken japanese well enough (watching raws), but unfortunately cannot translate anything written in kanji unless it is in one of the kana's or happens to be in furigana and in my dictionary. (Or else I'd try to offer my services to the scanslation team)

Anyways, I was thinking about attempting to soft sub this since the first subber went MIA for all I know, but things have gone really busy and I am lacking time to even play a game for half an hour a week. Luckily, it seems another group is at least doing a belated hard sub. I may get around to start soft subbing the series myself around April as practice for learning more Japanese.

I may be getting some income in a few months so I'll definitely be looking for the manga, thanks for the news Accipiter.
smile.gif

BTW, no threat meant, just another voice of opinion like everyone else has made about it.
laugh.gif
(did the smiles lighten it up any?
huh.gif
)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the movie might have been a light attempt at the real life replacement and the series just as a new angle enitrely.

Also, as for negatives, I really did look down upon how they made Rika's past. That may be among my least favorite of parts, as I also would have preferred the car accident and the injured body instead of the 'life long' burn. A damaged skin area is easier to make than the entire accident's effects on the body throughout the show though.

I just finished episode 5 and for some reason, I was totally digging and loving this. This episode, as distorted as it was from the anime, kinda reminded me of the anime. Hihihihi... I'm looking forward to the next one.

Of course, I really didn't like the whole thing about Hagu being able to tell Morita that she likes him a lot . It's totally out of her character and that was just about the only part of the episode that I didn't like.

I saw the first episode of the TV dorama last night. I thought it was an okay beginning and it looks like there's gonna be a lot of drama in this series with 2 sets of love triangles already setting into motion.
rolleyes.gif
I've already downloaded all the subbed episodes and I'm not sure when I'm going to watch episode 2....I guess the reason I'm doing this is probably because the first episode didn't really give me a big enough impact and probably because that the actress doing Hagumi, Narumi Riko, I kinda find her annoying.
wink.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 04 2008, 06:22 AM) ... the actress doing Hagumi, Narumi Riko, I kinda find her annoying.
wink.gif

I actually kinda agree. When they featured this j-drama on RandomC, I liked her because she looked like she fit the character. But when I watched it, she left me kinda dry. The guys who played Takemoto, Mayama, Morita and Yamada I like. But then again, when I first saw the first episode, I was more bugged about how they changed the story than I was about Hagu (because I was such a fan of the anime).

I finished up to episode 7 only now am I starting to really feel the remnants of anime... including how bored I get with the parts with Rika in it. Honestly, I was bored to death with it in the anime. But when I watched the j-drama and discovered the change in back story, it bores me to to tears even more.

Pretty much the only thing I am looking forward to here would be Yamada and Nomiya because it got me so thrilled when I saw the anime. Well, I pretty much know what's gonna happen to Takemoto and Mayama until the end of the season.

biggrin.gif
Hi, btw in the honey and clover live action series, did u all realize what model or brand of handphone are takemoto and mayama using?? they look nice for their design,..takemoto handphone during his talk with his stepfather and mayama durin chasing the taxi which fetch rika.
smile.gif

Well.. I finally finished it after a marathon since I have been downloading and not watching
biggrin.gif
All I can say is that the series is not that bad. Once you get passed the OMMGWTFBBQ-They-dirverted-from-the-anime/manga, you will realize that almost all j-dramas adapted from anime and manga are changed a little bit. (The most faithful one I ever saw is Nodame Cantabile.)

Anyway, who would have thought that after all that whining about diverting, it will end up the same way as in the anime... Well, with the exception of Morita since his brother never made an appearance in the j-drama. And Ayu & Nomiya's thing was much more girlish-squeal inducing in the anime. But it's wasn't that bad.

Yes, I watched it because of Ikuta Toma
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
This series is not bad and i find it very meaningful. However i find that hagu in this series is to borin. worse than in anime. Btw who do u think are the one that look the best in this series?? I find that the actor in the series look more like the character in the anime compare with the one in the movie.
ph34r.gif

QUOTE (nyammy_kumi @ Mar 30 2008, 08:45 AM) waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

I don't know where to watch this!!!

help!!!
You can actually pick it up off FTV home. Just click on anime and look for Honey and Clover Live Action.

OR

You can download it at http://www.lolipower.org/ but you need to use Firefox as your browser. (You have to go to click the "o" of "p.e.d.o.s" and scroll down and there you will see the download links to this series).
rolleyes.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back