How to?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

b.o.w

-san
Kouhai
i want to be able to take my player to my Job... but IT will not let me install a new player in my work machine (yes talk about B-tards) anyway ...
to bypass them i was wondering if anyone knows how to install CCCP's zoom player in a drive so i can play my movies in my work PC ....
any help is greatly appreciated

Hmm so theres some kind of bypass on the computers preventing you from downloading and installing software? If I were in your shoes I wouldnt tamper with your work computers, things like that can get your fired or in trouble lols Dont think its easy to bypass them unless you bring a USB key. Download and install the media player on your USB, its pretty simple just select the save path of the file to whereever your USB is located and open and run the file thru your USB.

Best bet would be to install the CCCP onto said PC and have the Zoom Player added. That way there won't be any problems with tampering on th ePC to play any kind of media files.

You could go with a portable version of K-lite or use VLC. Those are really the only two options I can see. The problem with Zoomplayer if it is not made portable is that it depends on codecs that need to be installed which wouldn't be on your thumbdrive even if you install zoomplayer to it.

VLC is pretty much portable already but doesn't handle subtitles well (at least not as of 0.8.6, the new version might be better). You can probably find portable k-lite just by searching.

Edit: Mplayer is supposedly portable as well so you could look for a portable mplayer however the interface wouldn't be the same.

Media player classic from CCCP has been made portable as well. Portable Media Player Classic

QUOTE (langes01x @ Jan 21 2009, 05:56 PM) You could go with a portable version of K-lite or use VLC. Those are really the only two options I can see. The problem with Zoomplayer if it is not made portable is that it depends on codecs that need to be installed which wouldn't be on your thumbdrive even if you install zoomplayer to it.

VLC is pretty much portable already but doesn't handle subtitles well (at least not as of 0.8.6, the new version might be better). You can probably find portable k-lite just by searching.

Edit: Mplayer is supposedly portable as well so you could look for a portable mplayer however the interface wouldn't be the same.

Media player classic from CCCP has been made portable as well. Portable Media Player Classic
thanks this is more or less what i was looking for...
the thing is I can't install new software unless IT aspproves it... so getting them to install a codec is very troublesome, getting a player in the thumb is a bit less troublesome as it can be removed at a moments notice.....

for those who mentioned i could be suspended for bypassing their controls... but some things are worth the risk... anime IS one of them...

All of the mentioned players (at least the ones I mentioned) do not require you to install codecs. So basically take your pick on which ever one you find best.

Edit: Other than VLC the program must say that it is portable or it will not work though.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back