Insert coin

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Dalriada

-dono
Sempai
Yesterday, the British Royal Mint unveiled the design of the future British coins.
Despite the futility of the move -The UK will soon be assimilated by the großeurozone
ph34r.gif
-, I must acknowledge the whole set is really nice.

Here the article from the Beeb.

It made me interested in the creative coins and banknotes around the world.

One of my own favorites was the last French 50 Francs banknote (now disappeared, for obvious reasons). It featured Saint-Exupery and his little prince, very blue, very friendly. Very unlike all the previous French banknotes
biggrin.gif

x

So, otherplacians, what are your favourite moneys ?

QUOTE (Dalriada @ Apr 03 2008, 09:39 AM)Yesterday, the British Royal Mint unveiled the design of the future British coins.
Despite the futility of the move -The UK will soon be assimilated by the großeurozone
ph34r.gif
-, I must acknowledge the whole set is really nice.

Soon is such a relative term! I don't hear any calls of the Euro coming soon. Indeed many people in Britain will fight tooth and nail to keep the "Euro out" of these lands. Gordon Brown has his work cut out convincing the masses that the Euro will work. Not only do they fear losing their national identity but they also fear the Euro will lead Britain to economic ruin. But enough of that this isn't the thoughtful section!
tongue.gif

My favourite note? Hmmm I will go for £50 note it is red (my favourite colour). Unfortunately I could not find a proper picture so this will have to do:

Yeah i agree with Monsta, if the Euro does come over here, the majority of the public would be in some what of an uproar and Gordon Brown would have a hard time getting us to agree to the Euro, even if it would bring us in line with the Majority of Europe........

As for favs mine would have to be the Old English 1 pound note, sadly i couldnt find any decent images of them,

But if it were for coins id go with the 2 pound coin since i like the combination of colours that are in it.

Lol, they really hate the Euro huh?
Meh I must say I wasn't too pleased with it either (netherlands) But I'm used to it, although I'm still spending it as the "Gulden" (1 euro = 2,20371 gulden =__=)

but:
I like the good ol' chinese coin:
chinsescoins.jpg

:3

QUOTE (Noshi @ Apr 03 2008, 12:30 PM)Lol, they really hate the Euro huh?
Meh I must say I wasn't too pleased with it either (netherlands) But I'm used to it, although I'm still spending it as the "Gulden" (1 euro = 2,20371 gulden =__=)

but:
I like the good ol' chinese coin:
:3
I din't like the Euro to in the beginning, but i'm quite used to it now.

Chinese coins are pretty nice, but i personally prefer the Japanese coins.

And of course the good ol Japanese bills.
tongue.gif

800_money_japanese.jpg

I suppose I must say the $2 Canadian bill holds a nostalgia ... maybe because I can remember when they replaced it with our toonie ($2 coin). Personally, I find the current bills kind of ugly. I liked the old birds series
tongue.gif
And now we all just wait for when they decide to replace our $5 bill for a coin ... (if they ever do, it's been some time now since the loonie and toonie were introduced to replace $1 and $2 bills).

I never liked American money. It was always bland and looked the same, which made it slower to pay for things. Not to mention all those $1 bills you end up with ...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back