Inuyasha: The Final Act

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Barbobot

-the Pirate King
Retired

Inuyasha: The Final Act

Well finally Inuyasha will be getting an ending. Finally we'll have some closure on Naraku and Inuyasha x Kagome (best anime pairing ever? despite how drawn out it is). And they really don't waste any time with this first episode as it feels it could have easily been a directly continued from a previous episode. They don't waste time in trying to completely reintroduce you to the world of Inuyasha, at the most they just make sure all the major characters get some slight screentime.

They really just start off running by already destroying Hakudoshi in the very first episode. I did not expect anything like that. But I feel it's just been so long since I last saw Inuyasha so things are still a bit fuzzy. I could only barely remember who Goryomaru and Moryomaru were. And next episode even looks like Kagura might gain her freedom, though not necessarily in the way hoped (though the way expected), which I guess is kinda a shame cause I've always loved Kagura.

Though it was definitely awkward watching this show. I've only ever watched the original Inuyasha when it was on [Adult Swim], ie in english. I had never even heard the japanese voices till about 20 minutes ago. I'm actually surprised that the english version was capable of matching voices. A lot of the english voices have a very similar sound to the japanese counterpart. Though Inuyasha's voice kinda annoys me primarily because I'm just so used to his english voice and plus I just get reminded of Usopp whenever Inuyasha speaks in japanese. And I don't necessarily want to be reminded of Usopp when watching Inuyasha speak.
Kinda hoping this eventually gets played on Adult Swim.

Will probably keep with this show through Hulu.

Oh my god, thanks for updating me. I was looking forward to this show more than anything else. I am so happy, *downloading as I write this*.

EDIT: Saw it..... well, is it just me, or was the episode a little bland? Or maybe I just couldnt get into the spirit of it. Maybe I need to rewatch the whole series to get into the inuyasha mood again.
During the show I have been wondering, whether I have matured so much over the past 4 years, that the anime isnt as thrilling to me as it was back then. After all it was my first real anime and I have seen dozens of others animes over the years since then.

The irritating aspect of the episode were the rather "random" and exgerrated transformations. It felt like Narakus minions transform at whim, Inuyasha-tachi attack them half heartedly, no infomation bearing dialogues get exchanged and nothing else apart from that happens. Was the show always this way?

I know I should not be complaing being the biggest Inuyasha fan out there....I just hope the next epi will be less fragmented and more interesting.

i thought it was already finished geez

LOL @ iamdeath

No the anime never finished the story properly (or so I've heard). I never finished the anime
tongue.gif
I think that I probably should if I want to watch this, right? I stopped watching the anime at around eppy 30 or so.... maybe I should marathon the rest....I really do want to know what happens at the end afterall, this anime is one of the first I really loved. (even though I never finished it
tongue.gif
which isn't my fault, honest!) hehe

Although I am wondering like warita, if I can get into it again... after all there are some things you just grow out of. Will I really find it funny if Kagome tells Inuyasha to sit like 10 times in an episode?? lol Actually maybe I will since I haven't seen it in awhile
biggrin.gif

@Barbo and julez... Ussop-Yasha!
tongue.gif
I was laughing at how much I am going to think of One Piece when I watch Inuyasha in action...not sure I will be able to sit through all of it though, as like, warita says...we eventually, do grow out of certain anime genres. It almost felt like a quick re-cap of where we left off, demons fighting, regenerating, the precious jewel shards, sexy Koga and his funny co-horts, sweet Kagome's family, evil beauty Naraku (still sounds damn sexy) I don't like Sessoshamaru's voice...he's sexier in English...I mentioned to my niece, Anni, that Inuyasha's back in town...she will watch it too, only in English dub format though, so how long I can watch it in Japanese all remains to be seen since she will want me to watch it with her in English...and to be honest, I won't be able to stomach this one twice.
wink.gif

@Iamtakes, amiga, you are also watching Inuyasha?
laugh.gif

But otherwise not many people comenting on this one. Does that mean nobody is watching it, or nobody wants to leave a post?

Actually, I have been thinking about this anime for a while now.... well, Inuyasha is more like for older kids, right? The anime finished airing in 2004, that was 5 years ago. No matter how you look at it, the former audience has grown up and either moved on to other genres or left the anime realm alltogether. So.... whoever is watching the continuation now is either a hard core fan from the good ol` times or somebody completely new to this anime. I do hope the sunrise studios improve on the quality, otherwise they will have even worse ratings then before.

Does anybody know how many episodes this continuation will have?

Well I'll check it out, but only for the sake that they actually finish this once and for all instead of deciding to leave it unfinished once again.

On a side note I too have only saw the Engrish version that was on adult swim, so I'm kind of skeptical on hearing the original VAs for the first time now.

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 05 2009, 10:07 AM) @Iamtakes, amiga, you are also watching Inuyasha?
laugh.gif

But otherwise not many people comenting on this one. Does that mean nobody is watching it, or nobody wants to leave a post?
Does anybody know how many episodes this continuation will have?
Yes, I am watching and just barely. It will be hard to get into it again, as I am not really very interested in seeing the same thing all over again except this time with a different chain of events. I was talking to a fellow anime fan yesterday, about this one, and I pretty much told him to not "rush to watch" as he will get the "same o same o," and this coming from a former die-hard Inuyasha fan...of long ago, of course.
@ warita...it is slated for 26 episodes according to ANN.
I may be able to handle 26 episodes, we'll see.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Oct 05 2009, 02:34 PM) Yes, I am watching and just barely. It will be hard to get into it again, as I am not really very interested in seeing the same thing all over again except this time with a different chain of events. I was talking to a fellow anime fan yesterday, about this one, and I pretty much told him to not "rush to watch" as he will get the "same o same o," and this coming from a former die-hard Inuyasha fan...of long ago, of course.
@ warita...it is slated for 26 episodes according to ANN.
I may be able to handle 26 episodes, we'll see.
tongue.gif

Well, I do hope Sesshoumaru gets some screen time, hopefully without Kagura. If she will be fooling around my Sesshi too much, I will be gravely disappointed.

26 episodes seem little for the material they have to cover. I was expecting 50 episodes or so. I have the unpleasant feeling the plot will be very rushed. Either that or they will not animate all the stories and simply jump to the conclusion.

Can someone explain how Inyuasha got his new attack and who Goryomaru and Moryomaru are. If the little kid is one of them I remember him but the rest of it is puzzling me lol.

Last time I watched Inuyasha was like four years ago so yeah...

Agreed with Inyuasha's voice. It's really annoying thinking of usopp when you hear Inuyasha speak. The little kids voice sounds really close to his English voice.

QUOTE (Botan06 @ Oct 07 2009, 01:28 AM) Can someone explain how Inyuasha got his new attack and who Goryomaru and Moryomaru are. If the little kid is one of them I remember him but the rest of it is puzzling me lol.

Last time I watched Inuyasha was like four years ago so yeah...

Agreed with Inyuasha's voice. It's really annoying thinking of usopp when you hear Inuyasha speak. The little kids voice sounds really close to his English voice.
Some brief backtracking on those 2 parts you mention.

Goryomaru and Moryomaru. Goryomaru was a monk who had his arm eaten by a demon, but he was able to keep it in check and was able to shoot out beams from his arm, using it as a weapon. Moryomaru is a demon that Hakudoshi created. Hakudoshi meets Goryomaru and kills him, then allowing Moryomaru to merge with Gorymaru. I believe it is after this point that the infant, ie Naraku's heart, was placed inside of Moryomaru.

Inuyasha's newest attack you refer to is the Adamant Barrage. He gained that ability when he had to go back to his father's gravesite, along with Sesshomaru and Naraku, due to there being a jewel shard there. At the gravesite he meets the demon Hosenki who is a jewel crafter and was the one who made the original black jewel in Inuyasha's eye that allowed them transportation to the gravesite at the beginning of the series. Hosenki gets influenced by a tainted jewel shard and Inuyasha had to fight him. After freeing him from the jewel shard Hosenki taught him the Adamant Barrage.

tadah. interwebs are a wonderful thing. though that was a good refresher for me on Goryomaru since I had completely forgot who he was. Though I quickly remembered after a quick internet search jarred my memory.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 06 2009, 11:45 PM) Some brief backtracking on those 2 parts you mention.

Goryomaru and Moryomaru. Goryomaru was a monk who had his arm eaten by a demon, but he was able to keep it in check and was able to shoot out beams from his arm, using it as a weapon. Moryomaru is a demon that Hakudoshi created. Hakudoshi meets Goryomaru and kills him, then allowing Moryomaru to merge with Gorymaru. I believe it is after this point that the infant, ie Naraku's heart, was placed inside of Moryomaru.

Inuyasha's newest attack you refer to is the Adamant Barrage. He gained that ability when he had to go back to his father's gravesite, along with Sesshomaru and Naraku, due to there being a jewel shard there. At the gravesite he meets the demon Hosenki who is a jewel crafter and was the one who made the original black jewel in Inuyasha's eye that allowed them transportation to the gravesite at the beginning of the series. Hosenki gets influenced by a tainted jewel shard and Inuyasha had to fight him. After freeing him from the jewel shard Hosenki taught him the Adamant Barrage.

tadah. interwebs are a wonderful thing. though that was a good refresher for me on Goryomaru since I had completely forgot who he was. Though I quickly remembered after a quick internet search jarred my memory.
Ah thanks
smile.gif

I think they are just gonna end up shooting themselves in the foot with this ending to Inuyasha just because they really have to push through so much material in so little time. They only have 26 episodes to get through 18 volumes worth of manga material. That's condensing/throwing out quite a bit of material and things will have to move at a fast pace, like they have been for the past 2 episodes.

Anyway, Kagura NOOO!!!! I always really liked Kagura and always hoped she'd be able to be free and do what she wills. Not necessarily join Inuyasha and co., but just at the very end we see her walking off knowing that she's finally free from Naraku. She got to be free, but only for a few minutes before Naraku's finished using her and she died from his assault.

RIP Kagura. Will always love you.

I never liked Kagura, I would have wished her everything nice and all, but she was oggling my Sesshie too much. One thing I dont understand. Sesshoumaru was thinking about using the magic sword, but in the end he didnt. Why?

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 11 2009, 04:27 PM) I never liked Kagura, I would have wished her everything nice and all, but she was oggling my Sesshie too much. One thing I dont understand. Sesshoumaru was thinking about using the magic sword, but in the end he didnt. Why?
You mean Tenseiga to save Kagura? Not sure why he couldn't but he just said that even the Tenseiga couldn't save her at that point. Didn't really give a reason beyond that.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Oct 10 2009, 11:04 PM) I think they are just gonna end up shooting themselves in the foot with this ending to Inuyasha just because they really have to push through so much material in so little time. They only have 26 episodes to get through 18 volumes worth of manga material. That's condensing/throwing out quite a bit of material and things will have to move at a fast pace, like they have been for the past 2 episodes.

Anyway, Kagura NOOO!!!!  I always really liked Kagura and always hoped she'd be able to be free and do what she wills.  Not necessarily join Inuyasha and co., but just at the very end we see her walking off knowing that she's finally free from Naraku.  She got to be free, but only for a few minutes before Naraku's finished using her and she died from his assault.

RIP Kagura.  Will always love you.
They've already breezed through 5-6 volumes by the end of episode 2, and yes they have skipped a lot of material already.

Read all about this recent episode, when I was reading the manga, back in the day. Times have changed, production costs have hit sky high, and Inuyasha is not what he used to be, so I can understand the need to rush it and finish it and have it be over. I doubt they wanted to plow through, what was it again, some 175 episodes, last time around? I know, I sure as heck wouldn't. Anyway, here's hoping closure is for sure...
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Kagura was a classy lady, no doubt about it...looks, brains, and brawn...too bad Sesshomaru let her go...they would have made a great power couple.

I'm disappointed to find out there are only 26 episodes...such bad, hasty finish to a great anime/manga.

Even Bleach and Naruto (which imo, Inuyasha > both of them) have far more episodes..

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Oct 11 2009, 06:36 PM) I doubt they wanted to plow through, what was it again, some 175 episodes, last time around? I know, I sure as heck wouldn't.
it was 167
wink.gif
, and frankly, I wouldnt mind going through so many epis. Better than 26, thats just too short.

I went back to re-watch episode 2 and I liked it much better this time around. I came at it from a different point of view, this second time. Sure, I read the manga and remembered lots of what I read, but what struck me this time, was the beauty of Kikiyo's pain, the beauty of Kagura's death, and the music that played in the background, that is what made me remember some of the most poignant moments of this classic series...hell, I was impressed and decided to keep watching this series, after all.
One more thing that came to me again, after re-watching episode 2, Kagura died with dignity, smiling, at the one she most sought after... and we all know who that is, right, warita-chan?
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back