Inuyasha: The Final Act

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (ImTakes @ Oct 13 2009, 11:22 PM) I went back to re-watch episode 2 and I liked it much better this time around. I came at it from a different point of view, this second time. Sure, I read the manga and remembered lots of what I read, but what struck me this time, was the beauty of Kikiyo's pain, the beauty of Kagura's death, and the music that played in the background, that is what made me remember some of the most poignant moments of this classic series...hell, I was impressed and decided to keep watching this series, after all.
One more thing that came to me again, after re-watching episode 2, Kagura died with dignity, smiling, at the one she most sought after... and we all know who that is, right, warita-chan?
tongue.gif

I must admit, that she died with dignity, unlike some other youkais. Well, in a way, I was happy for her, that Sesshoumaru came to see her. She got to see him one last time and he is showing us, that his heart is not made of ice. Sesshoumaru has made a great progress over the course of the anime. I was even surprised, he anwered jacken and rin, when they asked him about the broken sword.

Either way, the second episode was far mor interesting. I am looking forward to the 3rd, seems that we get a little filler with sippou-chan. Also more of Sesshoumaru.... what more can a fan girl ask for?
laugh.gif

QUOTE You mean Tenseiga to save Kagura? Not sure why he couldn't but he just said that even the Tenseiga couldn't save her at that point. Didn't really give a reason beyond that.

Probably because she's a demon. I don't recall him ever using it to revive a demon, but it's been a while so something may have slipped my mind.

This series does feel pretty rushed. I mean, they had four story arcs running in that episode that could have easily been given a whole episode each without the time constraints. But even under those limitations I do think they are doing quite a good job of telling the story anyway.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Oct 14 2009, 11:47 AM)
Probably because she's a demon. I don't recall him ever using it to revive a demon, but it's been a while so something may have slipped my mind.

This series does feel pretty rushed. I mean, they had four story arcs running in that episode that could have easily been given a whole episode each without the time constraints. But even under those limitations I do think they are doing quite a good job of telling the story anyway.
I don't think being a demon matters. He revived Goshinki (or at least revived his severed head) when he wanted to have the Tokijin made so it does work on demons.

Here's something that seems like conjecture from a wiki-type page i found on inuyasha.
"However, Tenseiga is not all-powerful as apparently it is not able to save Kagura, the wind sorceress created from Naraku and wind. The sword is either unable or unwilling to help such beings that do not possess a soul to begin with. Alternately, Tenseiga may require a more or less intact body to revive, which was not available as Kagura was completely disintegrated by Naraku's miasma. "

I believe with kagura, she was supposed to die according to the story line. They wanted to make it a touching scene, so they added Sesshoumaru. Trouble is, Sesshoumaru has the tenseiga. Problem solved by making Sesshoumaru say, she is beyond help even for tenseiga. I dont think there is any deeper meaning why she couldnt be saved by the sword, she was just scheduled to die.

Episode numero tres was loads of fun! It was Shippo's time to shine...and did he ever. Someone, as beautiful as the dawn, has had his sword "upgraded." Now, it possess a terrible power and he will have to yield it much more carefully, from now on. I won't say anymore than that, as I don't want to spoil the episode.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 14 2009, 12:41 PM) I believe with kagura, she was supposed to die according to the story line. They wanted to make it a touching scene, so they added Sesshoumaru. Trouble is, Sesshoumaru has the tenseiga. Problem solved by making Sesshoumaru say, she is beyond help even for tenseiga. I dont think there is any deeper meaning why she couldnt be saved by the sword, she was just scheduled to die.
No! Come on! Writers don't really act so expediently, do they? Certainly the reasons behind this was something thought of way back when the character of Sesshomaru and powers of Tenseiga were created in Rumiko Takahashi's mind. No way would she so cheaply patch something together like that to get over a story hump. Right? RIGHT? (~_o)

QUOTE I don't think being a demon matters. He revived Goshinki (or at least revived his severed head) when he wanted to have the Tokijin made so it does work on demons.

See, I knew I forgot something.

The new episode was pretty good, but I just can't get over this sense of things being rushed. In olden times that story probably would have been told over a two-episode arc.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Oct 19 2009, 01:01 PM) The new episode was pretty good, but I just can't get over this sense of things being rushed. In olden times that story probably would have been told over a two-episode arc.
Well, in olden times, it was two bucks or was it 10 yen an episode?
rolleyes.gif
Hell, times have changed.
wink.gif
Episode two was good...new powers revealed and will look forward to watching Sesshi-kun, send his foes into the netherworld...come to think of it, I remember reading somewhere, he goes there too, eventually, I think...hum.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Oct 19 2009, 04:27 PM) Well, in olden times, it was two bucks or was it 10 yen an episode?
rolleyes.gif
Hell, times have changed.
wink.gif
Episode two was good...new powers revealed and will look forward to watching Sesshi-kun, send his foes into the netherworld...come to think of it, I remember reading somewhere, he goes there too, eventually, I think...hum.
tongue.gif

what do u mean he goes there eventually too? Is he gonna die?

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 19 2009, 04:17 PM) what do u mean he goes there eventually too? Is he gonna die?
I am not about to spoil it for you and the others...you are going to just have to watch and see what I meant as the anime progresses along.
wink.gif
Remember, I read the manga after the last series was completed, and so I know what's up but I ain't tellin...gomen, warita-chan!

I am glad that they finally decided to continue the story! I read all of the manga and I was really looking forward to this.

Did they change Inuyasha's voice? It sounds different.

QUOTE (sukilmv @ Oct 25 2009, 09:59 AM) Did they change Inuyasha's voice? It sounds different.
I think inuyasha is the same. I am not sure about Sesshoumaru though. I didnt bother to look up information on him, but he sounds way different. Maybe after so many years, the voice actor forgot how to make the Sesshie voice. Or I forgot how he used to sound....

I'm actually a little disappointed after watching the first few episodes. The pacing is absolutely awful. Everything is moving far too quick. In fact they went through about 4 volumes of the manga in 2 episodes and with a total of 21 volumes to cover, that is a bit excessive. Not to mention that they left out other details as well, particularly with Kagura's and Hakudoushi's death and Kouga's fight to obtain gairoshi (I remember that taking a while during the manga)
In other words, unless they begin to improve the pacing, it simply will not be the same series as it was 5 years ago.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, all seiyuus are voicing their respective characters from the original series. If there is anything that's really good, it's the animation quality, especially for a sunrise series when compared to their more recent ones, as well as music, which includes both OP and ED themes.

NANIIIIIIIIIIIIII, Sesshoumarus mother is alive???? My world just turned upside down. I kindo assumed, that since InuTaisho took Izayoi as his mate, that means Sesshies mother kicked the bucket. I might have been influenced by fanfiction though. Funny thing is, that just couple of days ago I thought about how little we know about Sesshoumaru and that nothing personal ever gets revealed about him, his mother for example. I thought that was too bad and BANG, I get to see her in the next episode.

Well, anyways, I think I can see from where Sesshoumaru got some of his less desirable personality traits. She didnt come across as symphatic, but then again, she is a daiyoukai, what have I expected?

And Sesshoumaru was like SOOO SWEET in this episode. Uaaahhhh, I melted into a poodle of love goo.

PS: Also..... I thought Kikiyo was going to die in the final battle with Naraku. Hmmm.... Inuyasha could be over her by now.... oh well.

Just watched episode 8, and I have to say that although things have been rushed prior to this episode and that I wasn't expecting this entire segment to happen at least for another few, this episode was the best by far.
The fight scenes were actually lengthened and stretched out a little like they should have been rather than as if I was seeing the manga animated panel per panel. In addition the entire segment with Kikyou was done beautifully. The episode contained a mix of very nostalgic music back from the original airing 5 years ago (especially the Dearest (Inuyasha 3rd ED) instrumental) along with a sad yet dramatic ending to the episode. It was definitely significantly better seeing this animated rather than reading it in the manga and I was rather touched by the events in this episode for the most part.
If only Sunrise would keep this kind of pace, I would be very pleased with the remainder of the season, but I don't think that's going to happen unfortunately.

So with episode 9 Sesshoumaru's mother is revealed, which takes place in the second half of the 46th volume of the manga and part of the 47th. This therefore leaves us with a little under 10 volumes of the manga left to be animated. Considering Inuyasha has yet to get Kuro/Black Tessaiga, this will probably happen within the next couple episodes, which will cover up to the 49th or 50th volume. Since the battle goes on for quite a while, I hope they don't rush it and try to space it out a bit.

the pacing is OK considering the vast amount of material they have to cover. Of course some episodes do feel a little rushed, but since they decided to make it only 26 episodes, it cant be helped.

I noticed there is a lot more Sesshoumaru now compared to the old series. I never read the manga, so I am left wondering, whether this is because the episodes are so condensed or because there was more Sesshoumaru in the manga towards the end? He is my favourite character, so I dont mind.
But he did piss me off in the episode 13 when Inuyasha tried to cheer him up and Sesshoummaru told him not to forget that he would kill Inuasha one day . I thought we were over that stage already. Oh well, I shouldnt get my expectations too high on him, he is Sesshoumaru after all. Maybe I shouldnt take what he said too seriously, after all he must have been thourougly pissed, even though it was not Inuyashas fault. I felt sorrry for Inuyasha though, I felt like taking him into my arms and comforting him.
sad.gif

@Kit-Tsukasa Episode 9 ist my favourite so far
wink.gif

Most likely their father wanted then to fight together (taking in account all those stages to relase the meido) and not a brother fight.

Wow I never thought this day would come, this anime was the 2nd one I ever saw with DBZ being my first. I have to make time to see this lols specially since I've watched every sinlgle episode and movie of the series mostly the dubs.

So are they continuing the manga or is this a one time deal where theyre going to just end the series?

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Dec 30 2009, 10:56 AM) So are they continuing the manga or is this a one time deal where theyre going to just end the series?
they continue the anime where the old series left off and it will follow the manga to the end as far as I can tell. Too bad they didnt go for 35 or 50 episodes.
sad.gif

26 episodes is just way too little. We are half done already.

Yea man other than DBZ and the old school toonami anime, i have to say Inuyasha was one of the first anime that really got me hooked. I seen the first episode aired on adult swim and ever since then i got hooked. Dam that was so long ago and now im sitting here watching the end inching nearer and nearer. sigh lol where have all the years gone by.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back