Junjou Romantica

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
The.. the picture is not found D:

huh, imageshack is weird. fixed!

Has anyone seen the preview that's out for the next portion of the show? (not subtitled, but in raw form). Looks like we'll be starting with the Haruhiko arc in Romantica - he's also included in scans from the newest Newtype issue

I'm still waiting impatiently for my bookstore to get in volume 7 of the manga. Need my 3 chapter Terrorist fix
ph34r.gif

This is the first yaoi anime I've ever watched -- til the end. I have seen the first episodes of Gravitation and Sukisho but I just couldn't get into it.
This one however had me hooked from the first episode onward, I ended up watching all 12 episodes in one day
biggrin.gif

Maybe what made this one different was that the characters were more likable, at least to me, and the situations seemed more realistic. I've just fallen in love with all the guys from this show
wub.gif

I also liked Egotist and Terrorist a bit more than Romantica, maybe it was because there were more obstacles in Egotist and Terrorist. Egotist especially had my heart racing, I just couldn't wait to see what was going to happen. Hiroki is a bit of a tsundere, and it was so cute to see him finally lower all defenses and allow himself to fall for Nowaki. My fave part was when Hiroki discovered all the letters that Nowaki couldn't bring himself send while he was studying in the US. He was so happy, and so was I
biggrin.gif

The age gap really didn't bother me in Terrorist, I admired Shinobu for pursuing Miyagi even though he kept on rejecting him.. I was so happy when he rushed to the airport and told Shinobu he would like to try falling in love with him, kyaaaa~
biggrin.gif
I've just started to download the 2nd season, and the dvd special... can't wait to watch...

-edit- ok not going to watch the dvd special, I thought it was an extra episode lol

QUOTE (julezia @ Nov 19 2008, 09:50 AM) -edit- ok not going to watch the dvd special, I thought it was an extra episode lol
The DVD special wasn't that bad - the voice actors for Egoist did a great portion that made it worth watching. You can probably find it streamed.

I can't wait for episode 8 of the new season to get subbed. Need me some Terrorist (even if the raws did disappoint me. Three manga chapters in one episode
sad.gif
)

I just streamed the dvd special, and the part when the voice actors were talking was pretty funny. It is always interesting for me to hear them talk in their normal voice... it always hits me then how amazing they are to create so many different sounding voices to match different types of characters. Takahiro Sakurai for example (whom I always think of as the voice actor of Suzaku from Code Geass
laugh.gif
) sounded different when he was talking, he didn't sound like Misaki or Suzaku
I was just put off by the beginning last time, I didn't feel like listening to them talking about how it will become an anime while showing clips...
I read the manga until vol 7 chap 33 I think? I didn't read the part in episode 7 where Misaki meets Usagi-chichi and ALMOST says I love you to Usagi. AHH Misaki, say it already... though I have to admit it is really cute to see him all flustered while being unable to say it properly...
I'm psyched to hear that we'll get to see some Terrorist in episode 8, but I really can't imagine how they condensed all that happened in one episode, I hope it doesn't feel too rushed..
unsure.gif

I enjoyed episode 8 quite a bit once it was subbed, although it does still feel a bit rushed at points. Too bad Terrorist is only getting one episode (assuming the final is Romantica) because I feel like they could have drawn it out a lot more. Especially the connection from season 1 and 2 "They just got together, how can they already be breaking up?!" kind of thing.

Does anyone else go into uncontrollable fits of laughter when Shinobu speaks English?
laugh.gif
I think it's the combination of the speaking, along with what he's actually saying.

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Dec 17 2008, 10:21 AM) I enjoyed episode 8 quite a bit once it was subbed, although it does still feel a bit rushed at points. Too bad Terrorist is only getting one episode (assuming the final is Romantica) because I feel like they could have drawn it out a lot more. Especially the connection from season 1 and 2 "They just got together, how can they already be breaking up?!" kind of thing.

Does anyone else go into uncontrollable fits of laughter when Shinobu speaks English?
laugh.gif
I think it's the combination of the speaking, along with what he's actually saying.
shinobus english is unbearable *covers her ears*. They could at least have had a native speaker for the australian guy.
And yes, it definately feeled rushed. Somehow the point in time, where those two became a couple has completely passed me. When did that happen?
blink.gif

how long will the second season be? dont tell me 12 epis.... that would be tooooo short.

Well near the end of s1 Miyagi did say that he would like to try to fall in love with Shinobu... so I guess at that point they started dating? But I don't think that it was really clear to either of them what their relationship was until the end of ep 8. I really liked that part of the manga, so I was eager to see it animated.
I did feel that they could have spread it out into 2 eps, but I guess they presented the best parts well enough... (like at the cemetary... "sensei, this is the person that I love"
smile.gif
) too bad they cut out the passionate love making, even though they did allude to it at the end
wink.gif

I thought Shinobu's english was funny, and cute. Well I love everything about Shinobu, I have to agree with Miyagi that he's just soooo adorable
happy.gif

But I do agree with you warita in that they should have had a native english speaker play the australian guy. Although, in the manga I thought that Shinobu was with a girl at that time when Miyagi was spying on him.. or maybe I'm confusing that with something else
wacko.gif

I think that it is 12 eps warita ! I agree that it is a shame but I don't think there is much of the manga left to animate... although the manga is still on-going, I think?

@warita: it makes sense only if you've read the manga, I think. They basically took the entire chapter in which they develop their relationship (and Miyagi realizes he kind of, sort of might like Shinobu) and extracted it into vague flashbacks. In volume 6, it's set up that Shinobu is coming over to Miyagi's house every day and cooking for him. Miyagi is worried about their "weird relationship" and that if he doesn't stop it, it'll reach a point where he won't be able to break it off. Then one night, he's teasing Shinobu and randomly kisses him (the first since "that time", when Miyagi was trying to scare Shinobu off). Shinobu doesn't seem to like it - Miyagi's brushes it off as "just kidding" and refuses to let Shinobu stay over at his house that night. He sends Shinobu down to the car ahead of him, which is when Shinobu finds the picture and concludes that Miyagi is only dating him out of pity/because he's annoying. He suddenly stops coming over to Miyagi's house, leaving Miyagi completely clueless - and Shinobu refuses to talk to him when he calls the Takatsuki house.

Actually, I think they skipped a bunch of other stuff too ... I don't have my books with me, but isn't there a scene at the end of volume 6 when Shinobu shows up at M university to speak with his dad, Miyagi finds out he's going back to Australia and gets pissed off. Shinobu is equally upset and yells that he's breaking up with Miyagi because he's "not that desperate" before running off. Which spurs Miyagi's whole rage/stalking/HOW DARE YOU BREAK UP WITH craze we see in episode 8? Yeah, I really wish they'd given two episodes because they compressed a lot into episode 8.

@julezia: I think you're thinking of a later scene, Shinobu was definately with the same Australian friend in the manga. Later in volume 7 Miyagi goes to pick Shinobu up at school and sees a girl hanging off of him. This leads to a fight later on when Shinobu is acting jealous of Hiroki - Miyagi blurts out about seeing Shinobu with the girl. Shinobu realizes he's jealous which ends the fight, and so they go home and, you know 
laugh.gif

Also, it is only 12 episodes. In fact, it was originally reported season 1 would be 24 episodes in length so this is really kind of still part of that. And yeah, they've gotten really far in the Romantica episodes from what I'm told. I think they're into volume 8-9 territory there, and volume 11 only just came out in Japan (with a new Terrorist chapter, I must add. It's adorable~) I thought they animated all the current Egoist, too skipping the whole Shinoda story line

The last epi has been released 2 weeks ago. Has the anime been licenced or nobody has the time to continue subbing it? I am so impatient for the ending.
sad.gif

I do hope however, that it will be usagi/misaki ending only. Not that I do not like the other couples, but it wouldnt leave much time for anything satisfactory.

There are subs available they're just not done by Aarin. I don't know if they're hosted on Aarin's site, but they were up on livejournal and could possibly be up on one of the streaming sites (I'm pretty sure it's the same subber who did parts of season one and hosted them on veoh?)

Can you maybe point out where on LJ those subs were? Since I haven't seen them, too.

I can't find those subs either, I just checked tokyotosho and the only subber I saw for Junjou Romantica 2 was aarinfantasy, but they haven't done 12 yet... I don't think they dropped the project (I really hope not) so I think we'll get the subs soon enough
smile.gif

The subs on livejournal are here but it's a locked post if you don't belong to the site & community. It looks like there is one hard-subbed option, and one option to download soft subs and the raw and put them together yourself (I haven't downloaded them myself, after the Terrorist episode I stopped watching).

Thanks for your help. I'll go and try my luck there ^^

QUOTE (Ruichan @ Jun 18 2008, 12:03 AM) Noooo! *begins to pout and cry* I really loved this anime. I wish there were more people who actually understand how beautiful it is.
Me too I love junjou romantica

...But I only liked the romantica chapter(usagi/misaki).....and nowaki and hiro-san.

QUOTE (julezia @ Nov 19 2008, 07:50 AM) This is the first yaoi anime I've ever watched -- til the end. I have seen the first episodes of Gravitation and Sukisho but I just couldn't get into it.

Me too junjou romantica was the yaoi I ever watched and I never really liked Gravitation and Sukisho
dry.gif

MODERATOR NOTE: Please use the edit button instead of double-posting. The edit button can be found on the top-right hand-side of your post.

editpost.jpg

The main strength of Junjou is, it has style. It doesnt focus too much on the sexual aspect, but doesnt blend it out completely either. It has a good plot foundation and it is a very good romance story.

Watching Junjou I realized, how much I crave for real romance. This anime is clearly aimed at the female audience, because it is just soooo romantic. In fact it is romantic the way us girls would want it to be. How much I desire to be loved so unconditionally, how much do I crave to be swept away by a guy who knows what he wants (=me) and he takes it too, who kisses and brushes my tears and fears away....... aaaawwwwrrrrrr.

Of course no other yaoi can stand up to Junjou, because other yaois build solely on the fact they are yaois. That simple fact is supposed to guarantee the interest of the yaoi fans.... and I guess it works for most part, because we cant be too picky, there is not enoug out there to choose from.

I must say however, that Junjou has spoiled all the other yaois for me.... I cant help but compare them to Junjou and sadly, they just dont live up to the expectation.

QUOTE (warita200 @ Sep 25 2010, 08:04 AM)

I must say however, that Junjou has spoiled all the other yaois for me.... I cant help but compare them to Junjou and sadly, they just dont live up to the expectation.
I know alll the other yaois will never be as good as junjou romantica

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back