kaidan restaurant

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

b.o.w

-san
Kouhai
kaidanrestaurant.jpg

Title: Kaidan Restaurant
Genres: horror, mystery, supernatural
Themes: kids
Premier: October 2009
Animation Production: Toei Animation
Broadcaster: TV Asahi

Plot:
Each episode will consist of three stories or "dishes": the appetizer, the main dish, and dessert. The first two "dishes" will deal with an ordinary sixth-grade schoolgirl named Ako ÅŒzora and the bizarre occurrences that befall her and her classmates. The third "dish" will be a standalone short ghost story told by Ako and her friends.

image courtesy of animeshippuuden.com
description courtesy of ANN

My take: for a kiddie show this shows a lot of promise... the stories are like all stories you would share with your friends during a blackout or around a campfire. It's a show that has been done a million times, because it works!!, despite the fact you know exactly how each story will unfold you can't help but being drawn into it.

I saw the first episode and have ep 2 and 3 downloaded. I kinda enjoyed this one. It definitely seems to be more for the whole family or kids, but still entertaining. It partially reminded me of Are You Afraid of the Dark? from long ago in the Snick line-up of tv shows.

I enjoyed gg's little comment on the show too when they released the 2nd episode.
"This show gets like 7% of Japan tuning in each week.​ How much does moes**t get? Like 0.​8%.​ ( ¯3¯)y-~"

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Nov 13 2009, 04:44 PM) I saw the first episode and have ep 2 and 3 downloaded. I kinda enjoyed this one.
in that case, I am gonna give it a try. I run out of animes this season.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Nov 13 2009, 04:44 PM) <snip> It definitely seems to be more for the whole family or kids, but still entertaining. It partially reminded me of Are You Afraid of the Dark? from long ago in the Snick line-up of tv shows.
<snip>

i don't remember ever watching AYAotD... but the show gave a feeling like goosebumps but done right (i meant to paste that in the OP but forgot
blink.gif

QUOTE (warita200 @ Nov 13 2009, 03:09 PM) in that case, I am gonna give it a try. I run out of animes this season.
Mija! I have seen all three episodes so far, and I can tell you it is a fun series to watch. Maybe, when we were 10 years old, the stories may have spooked us, but now, they simply amuse. The character designs are well done, while the stories are told quite nicely. The "manager and the cooks are funny and witty and do try their best to scare our anime pantsus off.
tongue.gif
wink.gif
Have fun watching, I sure am.
laugh.gif

I watched the first episode raw and it was fun. I didnt understand everything, but enough to keep up with the story. I kindo like it.
smile.gif
I think I will stick to the raw versions for the time being.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back