Kamen no Maid Guy

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

jul10

-mokyu
Retired

Kamen no Maid Guy (Masked Maid Guy)
仮面のメイドガイ

Premier: TBA
Official website: Kamen no Maid Guy
Genre: Comedy, Action, School, Ecchi
Synopsis
from Plumcity:
Fujiwara Naeka is a typical 17 year old high school student. Or so we thought. She’s really one of 2 surviving heirs of a tycoon who has the right to inherit his mass fortune when she turns 18 in half a year. Fubuki, a young and beautiful maid, and Kogarashi, a big burly maid guy with a mask, have been assigned to keep Naeka and her brother Kousuke safe from those who would plot their demise, and to steal the fortune she would inherit.

Moonphase reported that according to June issue of Dragon Age Magazine, it is confirmed that Akai Maruboro's manga series Kamen Maid Guy, will be adapted to TV series.

There is already 5 released volumes of the manga. Here's are their covers:

No matter from what point of view do you see this anime, it is very similar with Hayate no Gotoku! Well, maybe the difference is only, the main roles characters are more mature...(well you can say a more grown up version of hayate...lol)

I like how he is just referred to as "maid guy" and is some giant, musclebound man wearing a mask. He looks like some sort of super villain from the manga covers.
laugh.gif

It's pretty easy to tell which one is Kogarashi, but is Naeka the girl on the cover of the first manga volume? That's my guess and I would say the girl on the cover of the second manga volume is Fubuki. She is much more kawaii than Naeka.

I'll be patiently waiting for this, especially if it ends up being anything like Hayate no Gotoku.

This looks real good. Its like Hayate no Gotoku! + Triangle Hearts OVA together.
biggrin.gif
Any idea, where I can get scanlations ?? I can't find them anywhere.

Any idea when the TV series will premier....Jan 2008 or Oct 2007.
rolleyes.gif

Okay, I checked my source and it looks like it won't be a 2007 anime and most likely a 2008 anime.
wink.gif
My source is usually right but you can suspect it. I'll be waiting on more info on this. I wanna read the manga.....NOW!!!!!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 14 2007, 05:25 PM) This looks real good. Its like Hayate no Gotoku! + Triangle Hearts OVA together.
biggrin.gif
Any idea, where I can get scanlations ?? I can't find them anywhere.

Any idea when the TV series will premier....Jan 2008 or Oct 2007.
rolleyes.gif

Okay, I checked my source and it looks like it won't be a 2007 anime and most likely a 2008 anime.
wink.gif
My source is usually right but you can suspect it. I'll be waiting on more info on this. I wanna read the manga.....NOW!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Plum City is doing the manga for Kamen no Maid Guy, but they only have released 1 ch. so far. http://www.plumcity.org/?page_id=56

Edit: After reading the first chapter of the manga Fubuki turned out to be fairly different from my initial impressions of her after seeing her on the manga cover. I thought Kogarashi would be the aggressive maid (which he is) while Fubuki might be a bit more timid and proper to contrast with Kogarashi. While she is very proper she seems pretty far from timid. She even uses a blow dart on a teacher because she thought he was a strange man who was approaching Naeka.
laugh.gif
This doesn't seem like it will have the same type of comedy as Hayate in regard to all the references to other anime/manga, but it's still has some good humor.

QUOTE (Hyuuga @ May 15 2007, 11:42 AM) When is the air date for this anime. Is this a fall 2007 release?
The premier date hasn't been announced yet, but it would be impossible for fall 2007, since this series is just announced. Most likely it would be early 2008.

Confirmed Premier Date: - 10th April 2008
laugh.gif

Heh i think im gonna like this one coz it's ecchi.
laugh.gif
so april 10 it is. Im definitely watching it.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 17 2008, 11:33 PM) Confirmed Premier Date: - 10th April 2008
laugh.gif

Well, it seem it's out already, as I've already watched episode 1. Anyway, this show is funny as hell...I lol so many times when watching it. Like Kimiaru, it has many crazy moments, but in my opinion, the way that Kamen no Maid Guy done it seem more natural and less 'artificial' than Kimiaru.

I would recommend anyone that enjoyed watching Kimiaru to watch this show.

Episode 1 is out on English sub. I watched episode 1 twice, and I must say, of all the new anime that's out this April, Maid Guy is definitely the funniest I've seen. So get downloading guys.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Apr 12 2008, 03:24 AM)Episode 1 is out on English sub. I watched episode 1 twice, and I must say, of all the new anime that's out this April, Maid Guy is definitely the funniest I've seen. So get downloading guys.
Wow twice already either that shows how funny the 1st episode was or proof that the new season is lacking in the comedy department? The truth is somewhere in between I would say in this instance. I'll give Naeka's character credit for striking a nice mix of ecchi X comedy.

Maid guy was hmm... Well talk about an over the top character! Ripping off her clothes to smell her underwear?! Wait I know that sounds bad but believe it or not he actually did it and had you believing it was w/good or umm not so bad intentions lol. Sounds confusing? Well a lot of the stuff maid guy did during the episode was confusing/pervy but he never seemed to be aware of it.

The grandfather character was pretty hilarious himself as a side character. So this is certainly just a straight ecchi-comedy don't expect any type of memorable plot. Just maid guy unintentionally harassing Naeka for 23 minutes or so for 12 episodes. Will laugh here & there and then in 1 year probably forget this anime was ever made...

side-note: to say the animation was poor would be an understatement.

Eh...just saw the first episode.
I didn't think it was all that great personally - I liked Kimiaru more except perhaps the ecchi. The ecchi here was...different. Not necessarily better (though nipples were drawn, which is relatively rare o.o), but different and a little more graphic (actual nudity rather than barely concealed nudity).

The humor was okay, but again I didn't find it amazing. All I can saw is 'meh...' - I wasn't sitting stoically without a single chuckle, but I certainly wasn't collapsing in hysterical laughing like I have with other shows. Then again, this is only the first episode so...

I figure I'll give the show a few more episodes before I decide, but unless the show gets better - either in the ecchi, humor, or both - then I'm likely to drop it. I've already got at least two ecchi series for this season, and am bound to get my fair share of laughs from them and others. Since this show doesn't particularly excel in any department, it'll either be put on the back burner or dropped unless it improves.

Still waiting for this one to download, but someone mentioned lack of funny animes... check out Druaga no To (The Tower of Druaga) the Aegis of Uruk, it's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Apr 12 2008, 04:05 AM) Eh...just saw the first episode.
I didn't think it was all that great personally - I liked Kimiaru more except perhaps the ecchi. The ecchi here was...different. Not necessarily better (though nipples were drawn, which is relatively rare o.o), but different and a little more graphic (actual nudity rather than barely concealed nudity).

The humor was okay, but again I didn't find it amazing. All I can saw is 'meh...' - I wasn't sitting stoically without a single chuckle, but I certainly wasn't collapsing in hysterical laughing like I have with other shows. Then again, this is only the first episode so...
Actually there should be 2 versions of raws floating around. The normal one broadcast on standard channels, the nipples were not shown with stream blocking them, while the one from AT-X they don't have the censoring.

I haven't seen the English sub version so I can't make comment, but sometimes the words that fansub group choose to use or something being lost in the translation could directly affect how funny a show is.

I watched it on Chinese fansub the first time, and then watched the AT-X non-censored version without sub with the Japanese viewers on Nico Nico Douga. Every time we see Maid Guy say or do something silly or crazy, we automatically project Hakuoro (Utawarerumono) onto him in our heads, because they are both voiced Rikiya Koyama and both are a masked guy. Rikiya Koyama's voice acting skill contribute greatly toward the comedy aspect of this show (I laugh out loud most of the time because of the things that he say and the way he said it); but I suppose if you are only watching this show purely depending on the sub or don't know who Rikiya Koyama or Hakuoro is, you may not find this as funny as most hardcore anime otaku do. None-the-less, I still stand with my opinion of Maid Guy is the funniest anime of this April new animes, with may be The Tower of Druaga as a close 2nd (but I'm getting the feeling it's going to get more serious for Druaga).

i just watched the first episode
and i kinda liked it i havent really seen such anime with that kinda story line
i have seen butler and maid ones
but i really hope that it will be a good anime

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Apr 12 2008, 06:04 AM)Actually there should be 2 versions of raws floating around. The normal one broadcast on standard channels, the nipples were not shown with stream blocking them, while the one from AT-X they don't have the censoring.

I haven't seen the English sub version so I can't make comment, but sometimes the words that fansub group choose to use or something being lost in the translation could directly affect how funny a show is.

I watched it on Chinese fansub the first time, and then watched the AT-X non-censored version without sub with the Japanese viewers on Nico Nico Douga. Every time we see Maid Guy say or do something silly or crazy, we automatically project Hakuoro (Utawarerumono) onto him in our heads, because they are both voiced Rikiya Koyama and both are a masked guy. Rikiya Koyama's voice acting skill contribute greatly toward the comedy aspect of this show (I laugh out loud most of the time because of the things that he say and the way he said it); but I suppose if you are only watching this show purely depending on the sub or don't know who Rikiya Koyama or Hakuoro is, you may not find this as funny as most hardcore anime otaku do. None-the-less, I still stand with my opinion of Maid Guy is the funniest anime of this April new animes, with may be The Tower of Druaga as a close 2nd (but I'm getting the feeling it's going to get more serious for Druaga).
Hardcore anime otaku's project the maid guy like he is Hakuoro from Utawarerumono? Why exactly is that? Is it because that both wear masks? Where else is there really any similarities? Hakuoro physically looks like an ordinary man while the maid guy looks like some sort of man-beast lol. Their personalities are totally different as well. Hakuoro was your overly considerate type character while maid guy is way over the top. If you placed Hakuoro in this anime setting I don't see how he would act anything like the maid guy. I guess I just really can't follow the correlation other than the fact that they both wear masks but maybe that is all there needs to be in this case.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Apr 12 2008, 03:29 PM) Hardcore anime otaku's project the maid guy like he is Hakuoro from Utawarerumono? Why exactly is that? Is it because that both wear masks? Where else is there really any similarities?
You must have missed the part what I said they are both voiced Rikiya Koyama...in Japan, anime fans love linking characters that got the same seiyuu to one another...even for 'Kimiaru', the anime producers know that is the thinking pattern of anime fans, lots of the parodies are seiyuu based, where they were playing around trying to link the Kimiaru characters to characters from other anime purely basing on the seiyuu being the same persons.

If that still confuses you, may be this 'commonly acknowledged formula' will help you understand the thinking pattern of the anime fans in Japan (as well as the habit I picked up from them):
Nanoha=Rika=Moetan=Tamura Yukari

They even recently added Mei (Clannad) to that formula; I even read a 4 panel manga where the it was a parody of Mei tidying Sunohara's room, and 'cleaned up' his room by 'completely vaporised' it with Divine Buster
laugh.gif

Ahhhh man, ive just finshed watching the first Episode and i loved it, i mean i loved 'They Are My Noble Masters' but this is WAYYYYYYYYY WAYYYYYYYY better than it,

I mean when the Maid Guy was sitting in a chair waiting for Naeka to wake, then he puts a hose in between her boobs, come on e that was amazing.

And i do agree with Marine that whats makes the comedy better isnt nessiarily what he did, it was how he said it that made it the icing on the cake.

For Comedy purposes this is proably number 1 for me with Soul Eater in a second place. That Uruk thing im not bothering with since i didnt like the look of it...........

When I watched the first episode I knew that Maid Guy was voiced by the same actor as Hakuoro due to his very distinct voice, but I didn't make the connection in my mind how they were both masked, even though I think I should have. I guess I was more focused on understanding the story and laughing at Maid Guy's behavior, such as with his appearance when the animals were crawling all over him, or when he used his x-ray vision to probe the girl's body. Other things like when he tore open the girl's shirt just to question her about her laundry, saying that she had a fetish for strange-smelling clothes. I'm looking forward to seeing and laughing more with this series.
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back