Kanokon

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

mamori

-sama
Sempai
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-...apted-for-anime

The promotional sleeve wrapper on the eighth volume (on sale November 19) of Katsumi Nishino's Kanokon light novel series will announce that the novels will be adapted for anime in Japan. The romantic comedy follows a country boy named Kōta who transfers to a new high school in the city. On his first day, he encounters a girl named Chizuru, who happens to have a fox tail. He eventually meets a wolf-girl named Nozomu (thus completing the love triangle) and still more unusual members of the student body.

The illustrator Koin draws the artwork for the original light novel series under Media Factory's MF Bunko J imprint, and Rin Yamaki draws its manga adaptation in the same publisher's Monthly Comic Alive magazine. The manga's second volume was released on August 31.

The North American publisher Seven Seas Entertainment had announced in September of 2006 that it is translating the original light novel series into English. This is the third light novel series with animal-girl heroines (including Spice and Wolf and Wagaya no Oinarisama.) to have an anime adaptation announced in the last four months.

Nice! So far I've only found random English translations of the manga spaning around the second volume.

The art is good and I can always go for more animal girls~

list-kanokon.jpg

Title: Kanokon
Premier: 2008
Anime Studio: Xebec
Original Creator: Katsumi Nishino
Director: Atsushi ÅŒtsuki
Genre: Shounen, Romance, Comedy, Fantasy
Official Website: http://www.kanokon.com/

The anime's opening theme is sung by Ui Miyazaki, and the ending theme is sung by Yui Sakakibara.

Plot:

Kanokon's story revolves around Kouta Oyamada, a young first-year high school student who moves from the country to the city and thus transfers to Kunpō High School. On his first day at his new school, a beautiful second-year female student named Chizuru Minamoto asks him to meet her alone in the music room. When he arrives, she reveals her that she is in fact a fox deity and from that day on the two hang out together.

(~taken from WIKI~)

NICE PIC --->
Kanokon_vol1_full.jpg

JCD, your always one to be the informant huh, This is going on my downloads list right away. It's kinda like a fetish... Downloads you know it excites me. Anyway thanks JCD now i have something to look forward too in life besides death. Just Joking, Can't wait for it to be subbed and out for grabs. Thanks again JCD for your hard work
laugh.gif

hmm, kouta looks a bit younger than he does in the manga. anyway, artwork looks really good, can't wait for april ^^ (airs just a week after my birthday(3/31) )

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Apr 04 2008, 10:37 PM) Guys this series will be ToLOVERU killer with massive fanservices and crazier plot.

- 30% more fanservices
- Main characters did it on the first episode (+10)
- great quality animation

hmmm... i don't think it'll beat To Love Ru in the amount of fanservice
laugh.gif
i've read both mangas and this has considerably less; and the anime just about the same except things got pretty heated in this one for being a first episode
tongue.gif
animation is also great, i'd say their about even in that as well though

if anything i have to admit that the fanservice scenes in this one are more.... well intense one might say, but since it was only the first eppy i dont know for sure

I really need to watch this.....the animation is superb and the fan-service looks pretty darn heated.
laugh.gif

well judging uy the screen cap sthey seem to be following the manga dead on. can't say about the novels though since the release date keeps being pushed back >_<

***** already released the first episode! That was a lot faster than I expected. This is actually a lot like girls bravo. Tons of fanservice along with a vertically-impaired wimpy male protagonist...even with the same voice (Noto Mamiko). But this is a lot better, great comedy and fanservice... not my kind of show, but its great for what it is.

lol it so funny echi but man it very good anime it's sorta like Nagasarete Airantou meet spice & wolf very good i laughed so hard

QUOTE (Kurisu-San @ Apr 05 2008, 08:40 PM) awww man too bad it had to be MFI T_T I highly doubt it will continue to be subbed.
Well the first episode was subbed so I don't see any real reason why this group wouldn't continue. ZnT, Shining Tears, Ayakashi, all of these are MFI and they were fully subbed. I have no doubt that *insert sub group here* will continue to sub it.

First episode had some quite ecchi moments. Pretty awesome. Another thing I love about it is that the character designs are by the same person who did Shigofumi, which I loved.

Who know maybe they will keep subbing it first eps was good but as u said to many echi moment like Nagasarete Airantou

Too much Ecchi? Aren't you watching it for the same reason I am? The ECCHI?
cool.gif

First episode was a little daring. It was straight to the point and I liked her seduction since it was straight forward. The moment when he was talking to himself while she was stripping him, it was like he was saying his prayers. Innocence is really funny.
laugh.gif

ah, for anyone who didn't catch the foreshadowing during the first couple of minutes; in japan they have a saying that "the fox takes a bride" for when a sunshower occurs. taken from the idea that if a human stumbles upon a kitsune(fox) wedding, the foxes will make it rain (despite it being sunny) as sort of a prank on the human.

Overall i think this serie is good. The story is quite clear to see what the producer are aimming to make. Especially the drawing is so cute, it somehow remind me to the style of drawing in Minami-ke^^. But why they make Kouta is too short compare to others student ? He just looks like a elementary student rather than a high school ones.

Well, this one just isn't for me. I'm not a fan of the high-fanservice low-plot anime these days, I guess because I've already seen a TON of them. Not to mention this isn't just a fanservice anime, but one aimed at shoutacon lovers and fox-girl lovers, both genres I'm not a huge fan of. Still, I thought the animation was pretty good, and I can see why some people could like it.

I just finished watching the first episode and I must say I enjoyed it a lot. Extremely whacky....felt sorry for the brother...got BEAT the crap out of by Chizuru+Kouta (when they became one...LOL). At first, I didn't really know how this series could develop but as I continued to watch the first episode......I started to see the strings in this series and I can't wait to see them get tied.
biggrin.gif

Its only 12 episodes long and I think it will get an OVA episode in the future.
rolleyes.gif

OP - "Phosphor" by Ui Miyazaki

Its a decent OP but not that great.
wink.gif

ED - "Koi no Honō" (恋の炎, "Koi no Honō") by Yui Sakakibara

However, the ED was great.
biggrin.gif

Episode #02: -

"Become One ?" ("Hitotsu ni Nacchau ?" (ひとつになっちゃう?) ) - 12th April 2008

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back