Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (2017)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Titles: Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Japanese: 小林さんち のメイドラゴン
Airing date: 11/1/2017 (TV series)
Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Slice of Life
Original creator: Coolkyoushinja
Original character designer: Mitsuhiro Kimura
Director: Yasuhiro Takemoto
Written by: Yuka Yamada
Music by: Masumi Itō (Lantis)
Character designer: Miku Kadowaki
Chief animation director: Nobuaki Maruki
Episode director: Haruka Fujita
Art director: Mikiko Watanabe
Sound director: Yota Tsuruoka
Director of photography: Akihiro Ura
Color design by: Yūka Yoneda
Prop design by: Seiichi Akitake
Studio: Kyoto Animation
Network: Tokyo MX, TVA, ABC, BS11
Opening theme: "Aozora no Rhapsody (青空のラプソディ / Blue Sky Rhapsody)" by Fhána
Ending theme: "Isshukan Communication (イシュカン・コミュニケーション / One Week
Communication)" by Choro-gonzu (Yūki Kuwahara, Maria Naganawa, Minami Takahashi and Yūki Takada)

Main cast: Kobayashi (小林さん) voiced by Mutsumi Tamura
Tohru (トール) voiced by Yūki Kuwahara
Other dragons: Canna Kamui (カンナカムイ) / Kanna Kobayashi (小林カンナ) voiced by Maria Naganawa
Quetzalcoatl (ケツァルコアトル) / Lucoa (ルコア voiced by Minami Takahashi
Elma (エルマ) / Eruma Jōī (上井エルマ) voiced by Yūki Takada

Fafnir (ファフニール) / Takeshi Ooyama (大山猛) voiced by Daisuke Ono
Ilulu (イルル)
Tohru's father (トールの父)
Other humans: Makoto Takiya (滝谷真) voiced by Yuichi Nakamura
Riko Saikawa (才川リコ) voiced by Emiri Katō
Georgie Saikawa (才川ジョージー) voiced by Yuko Goto
Shōta (翔太) voiced by Kaori Ishihara
Horiuchi (堀内)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx-cdrHiGd0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okBHQWnYImg
http://maidragon.jp/movie/img/thumb_pv_1.jpg http://maidragon.jp/movie/img/thumb_pv_2.jpg

Synopsis: Kobayashi lives alone in an apartment, until one day, Tooru appeared and they ended up living together. Tooru looks down on humans as inferior and foolish, but having been saved by Kobayashi-san, she does everything she can to repay the debt and help her with various things, although not everything goes according to plan. A mythical everyday life comedy about a hard working office lady living with a dragon girl.

So I'm watching this since we have a yuri dragon dressed as this code writer's maid. From the looks of it this seems to be one of those slice of life series meets fantasy of sorts.

Kid-Wolf said:
So I'm watching this since we have a yuri dragon dressed as this code writer's maid.
also (for a change) is nice to see Kyoani without its trademark, moeblob designs like in Nichijou though i enjoy Euphonium's... cute ep.2 now that the loli dragon Kanna arrives, by this preview most likely busty goddess Quetzalcoatl is next ^_^

Kid-Wolf said:
From the looks of it this seems to be one of those slice of life series meets fantasy of sorts.
That's true.

I was actually surprised about this series, was following the manga since June 2013, never thought it would get an anime, although back then I did not even know that it's from the same creator as:
I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying, Ojojojo (Which I honestly hope also gets an anime) and Miss Komori can't decline!
Although yeah, took me till 2015 to realize that >.>

In any case, my first impression so far (as in voice animation, and all) : I like it^^

Masich said:
I was actually surprised about this series, was following the manga since June 2013, never thought it would get an anime, although back then I did not even know that it's from the same creator as:
I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying, Ojojojo (Which I honestly hope also gets an anime) and Miss Komori can't decline!
Although yeah, took me till 2015 to realize that >.>

In any case, my first impression so far (as in voice animation, and all) : I like it^^
haven't finished komori-san and Danna series yet but yes, up to Maidragon ep'3 I'm also hooked xD noisy new neighbors... Especially a hottie cooking(?) ;p Aside liquor-afraid Lcoa, I didn't expect shut-in gamer Fafnir too! what about Elma?:lol:

I honestly enjoy this series, it's Chaotic, Silly & Adorable.

That and I can ignore that which is the ridiculous ''sizes''.

Even though the series has a bit of change in its story path, compared to the original source.
It does make it a bit quicker, cutting away the unnecessary scenes leading up to the inevitable moment.
However, that did not explain how episode 4 still felt like twice the length. Which I enjoyed.

Masich said:
I honestly enjoy this series, it's Chaotic, Silly & Adorable.

That and I can ignore that which is the ridiculous ''sizes''.
Super dodgeball xD if tohru is 'D' among dragons, then Lcoa Q cup? guess you'll prefer ep.5 without such bounciness... also was wicked seeing Kobayashi's maid stalk at her office, making the ex-boss trip a lot but failed to become an ESPer :p

Episode 5-7, Feels like watching a movie each time.

So far, I have yet to hate Anything about this series.
There is : Good writing, Good animation, Much comedy, a bit of feels here and there, lessons.
The only thing I am missing is... ELMA!
Should be joining soon. (I hope)

Masich said:
Episode 5-7, Feels like watching a movie each time.

So far, I have yet to hate Anything about this series.
There is : Good writing, Good animation, Much comedy, a bit of feels here and there, lessons.
The only thing I am missing is... ELMA!
Should be joining soon. (I hope)
after 1 mandatory swimsuit ep (2 in Masamune-kun), a demi comiket and bento contest finally #8 Elma debuts... no wonder why toru didn't invite her especially now being Kobayashi's coworker, yep definitely my favorite non-S2 this winter :d

Ryu said:
after 1 mandatory swimsuit ep (2 in Masamune-kun), a demi comiket and bento contest finally #8 Elma debuts... no wonder why toru didn't invite her especially now being Kobayashi's coworker, yep definitely my favorite non-S2 this winter :D
It's a fun series and really has speeded up, although in the original source
Tohru's father should have visited before Elma, which I actually forgot, but realized while watching the episode. So... yeah miss that part.

Masich said:
It's a fun series and really has speeded up, although in the original source
i see so my guess is that skipped chapter will be released later, either as 'season finale' or 0VA depending of its importance... a fun sports festival in ep.9 despite Lcoa's bounciness, the name Shouta fits xD more indecisive Elma next week?<_<

Masich said:
the series has a bit of change in its story path, compared to the original source.
It does make it a bit quicker, cutting away the unnecessary scenes leading up to the inevitable moment.
However, that did not explain how episode 4 still felt like twice the length. Which I enjoyed.
agree but that's rare, for me it's usually bad when eps feel longer than others... mandatory yet nice xmas ep.10 and 11 new year, just found special#1 subbed ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lhkC7f89e4&list=PLlzve3AWSL1KwuVmKQV3f2In8HUoTmvp2

Masich said:
although in the original source
Tohru's father should have visited before Elma, which I actually forgot, but realized while watching the episode. So... yeah miss that part.
I knew it! They would not have shown him for 2 seconds in color during episode 11 without a reason!
So my best guess is episode 13 will be the last and again different from the original source.
So... curiosity is killing me!

That and I hope this gets a 2nd season or they finally do Ojojojo! Come on! It's COOL Kyoushinsha! Or even do Mononoke Sharing? All fun, ridiculous ''sizes'' (<-- you know what I mean with that) but still fun.

Masich said:
I knew it! They would not have shown him for 2 seconds in color during episode 11 without a reason!
So my best guess is episode 13 will be the last and again different from the original source.
So... curiosity is killing me!
as posted above I expect it since last month! but now i'm not so sure, telling by Tales of Zestiria's finale postponed yesterday... if it'll be not aired on Tv then an 0VA or movie, because Spring season just began we'll see in a couple of days -_-

Well, it was not in the original source, but they did pick a nice way of ending the season, originally
Tohru's father visited at the apartment as an old man (as shown in anime his human-ish form), the warning part with the glasses was indeed true, Kobayashi did stand up for her to the point that Tohru's father even looked completely surprised and went away saying: I will never approve of it. that's it, never seen his dragon form or the two of them fight.

Do I think this might get a 2nd season? It can, but I doubt it. It was nicely done with heartwarming scenes, However, it also had a fitting end.

Overall, my rating for: Kobayashi-san Chi no Meidoragon: 8,6/10
Animation: 10
Story: 8
Characters: 8

And now... Someone get them to animate his other series!

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid OVA, a late (or early?) V-day + obligatory onsen

Masich said:
Do I think this might get a 2nd season? It can, but I doubt it. It was nicely done with heartwarming scenes, However, it also had a fitting end.
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (TV series 13 episodes): winter 2017 - 9/10
KCnMD ep.14 (Valentine's Day, Followed By Hot Springs!): summer 2017 - 8/10

Ryu said:
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid OVA a late (or early?) V-day + obligatory onsen
Obligatory Indeed, but that was to be expected xD Although now, I'm worried that this gets a 2nd season... But, the most part of myself still says NO

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back