Mafia Discussion Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
It doesn't need to be that hard or complicated lavi-san. Good role-playing is all about playing in character. If you are a Mafia member then you won't be having innocent thoughts or getting sad or depressed when someone dies (in your thoughts/mind that is). That would be unrealistic.

A Mafia member may go to the funeral of the deceased victim and pretend to show remorse but if he were to post his thoughts in the thread, it cannot be innocent and to do otherwise would be playing out of character. The real simple thing and advice I would give to future Mafia members is don't post your thoughts (just actions) as that would make the role-playing simpler to do in a convincing manner. If thoughts must be expressed then it can be vague such as:

"there are lots of killing going on. I wonder if the killers will be caught."

That is not an necessarily an innocent thought as it can be read in multiple ways. That is good role-playing as you are playing in character but at the same time you are keeping others guessing. In either case, I am not going to go as far as saying that bad role-playing should be against the rules but it will detract from the game if people are not playing their roles properly. I would also say that if you do role-play the post should be of a reasonable length. I think if a post becomes too long-winded then it becomes harder to follow and catch the relevant details as to who is who. It is also easier for people who just visit FTV once a day as those users would not need to read a book before making their post. Well it is only a suggestion. I don't want to force people into anything here.

As for me, I don't think I will be able to participate in the next game but will join the third Mafia game. I just need to focus on other things in the coming week and this game seems to be a bit of a commitment.

QUOTE (wedora @ May 26 2011, 11:35 PM) Goth lolis are not to be trusted.
Ok I'm not letting that one slide wedora-san. If I had to guess it might have something to do with Touhou 11 and Orin I'll bet.
tongue.gif

But is that is a rather blasphemous statment for a conesur of lolis and whathave you.
tongue.gif

In any case for this to go to a last man standing I would call this Barely a Victory for the Innocent. I mean it felt like both sides botched up here to the point of were it wittled down to the last main standing deal.

Thanks for putting my thoughts into words Warita and Monsta... I was giving pretty confusing explanations I believe, since I could not find the a fitting and way to describe what I meant to you guys ^^.

As for the example you gave, I would post something like that as mafia, since even though its ambiguous after some analyses, its still more towards innocent thoughts. On the other hand if you actually say that, which is what I would do, then its good.
I believe thoughts shouldn't be posted at all, since there is no way for other characters to 'read' them, if the game was reality. I think its best for one, if they want to 'show' some thoughts of theirs to the others in order to deceive, to describe how their face changes or what emotions they are showing, since those are basically just masks we wear. But with doing this we should not forget to never impose those thoughts on others. Examples:

o Mafia member typing: His eyes grew wet, and he turned away in an attempt to hide his sad face from the crowd. (GOOD)
o Mafia member typing: He turned away quickly, but tears were obviously in his eyes. innocent-name could see that the man was feeling true grief, was overwhelmed with sadness. (NOT GOOD)
o Mafia member typing:It was obvious from his eyes, that Mafia-member was desperately thinking of how to take revenge for his good friend; how to find those despicable mafia, and rid the world of them before it was too late for the rest of the citizens. (NOT GOOD)

And I have to agree with Warita, that using the colored text, isn't for the best, since some, even though I personally know red\blue kinda, cant understand it, and it might confuse others. Though I guess its fine if you use it while conversing with another one you definitly know understands it, and on a theme, that has no relation with determining mafia\innocent roles and the like.
Example:
o Kukukukuku quiet lolis are the best <3 (OK)
o The murder of innocent-name, can be explained with this conversation between name and name just recently! *insert quote* (NA-AH)

For those who have questions about why use loli's in example? Well for that I can use another quote:
QUOTE (lavi-san)Lolis does not need to be excused from any topic whatsoever because they are always relevant

The whole discussion in regards to RP above is one of the reasons I was kind of hesitant about it. It becomes either extremely easy or much more difficult to accurately judge who is innocent or Mafia. Some posts were also extremely wordy - talking about 'background' that had no relevance to the game and no way to impact the game. Both cases make the game less interesting and possibly more of a chore - ESPECIALLY for observers.

Those of you who want to RP may feel free to do so, but please try to keep things relatively simple and clean.
Same thing with the colors - feel free to use colors in your post for whatever (still don't really get this).
In both cases though, no one is REQUIRED to do either. Further, even if they DO use color or RP, no one is required to use it correctly. Just because someone says in red that they are innocent does not mean that they definitely are because =O They used RED!!
If you don't feel like RPing, you don't have to. Players who do RP can imagine that non-RPers are characters in the 'world' or whatever and work around it, but I'm not going to force it on everyone.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ May 27 2011, 09:24 PM) If you don't feel like RPing, you don't have to. Players who do RP can imagine that non-RPers are characters in the 'world' or whatever and work around it, but I'm not going to force it on everyone.
Yeah, totally support that
tongue.gif
my post was more towards if rping what should be acceptable what should not. After all good roleplaying has quite some rules ^^

Ok, so, who is interested in another game - assuming the rule set I posted earlier?

I'm ok with it. Maybe we might get more people invoved this time.
wink.gif

I'll do it. Understood on your point of the discussion thread setup. I do see how it'd be annoying for someone who dies on the first day to have to be quiet for a week.

Still need more players. If you know anyone who would be interested, please feel free to invite them.
There will also be a front page post on the main website sometime soon to help draw in interest. =D

I wouldn't mind giving this a try, so you can count me in.

That's four.
Monsta, Lavi, would either of you be interested in another game?

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ May 31 2011, 10:57 PM) That's four.
Monsta, Lavi, would either of you be interested in another game?
Like I said in my previous post, I won't take part in the next game (assuming it starts within the next few days). But I would be willing to commit to games after that. I don't want to disappoint others by making promises I know I can't keep.

QUOTE (monsta666 @ May 31 2011, 06:41 PM) Like I said in my previous post, I won't take part in the next game (assuming it starts within the next few days). But I would be willing to commit to games after that. I don't want to disappoint others by making promises I know I can't keep.
Assuming we even get enough players in time, I probably wouldn't start until next Monday anyway. It may even be later than that depending on when we get the necessary player count ( 8 ).

Ah take it easy dchaos, maybe the frontpage post will lure in some new players.

Oh warita-san the only wait to bait Jun-tan to even want to get invoved is to give him a loli biscuit or two.
laugh.gif

If you do that he might consider playing here then.
tongue.gif

I also accept a loli in a box send to my door by the way
tongue.gif

Ahem well yeah, unfortunately I don't have enough time for it (the game, not the loli in the box
tongue.gif
) since the university and other things are quite demanding at the moment. I think it would need the ero ero energy of two no pantsu lolis to let me go a few extra rounds per day
biggrin.gif

Edit: Frontpage post done, I hope it will help out a bit. So time for some serious loli business.

I totally love what you did to the front page Jun!!! It is a well chosen picture. Lets see if that draws in new players.
smile.gif

PS: Nioki, didnt you say you had some interested friends or something?

Well, yes, I have one, but he is kind of still deciding. He's registered at FTV, but he isnt used to forums, and he's shy about his English I think
happy.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back