Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Mar 23 2011, 03:02 PM)I read about that on gg's site. They speculated/joked that Walpurgisnacht might have originally been intended to include earthquakes and tsunami.

When I read that the first time i thought it said that Walpurgisnacht Night might have caused the earthquakes and tsunami. that's what I get for reading too fast.

QUOTE QUOTE In that case, what the heck was her wish?
Cake. Delicious delicious cake.
Yes, she wanted Mami's cake

If anyone can imagine MSMM with those characters, please enlighten me. I tried but failed.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Mar 23 2011, 12:36 PM) And for those wondering, Madoka is "indefinitely" delayed. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-...delayed-for-now

Bakemonogatari much?
Nice, will get to see the ending a year or two later just like what happened to me for BMG. Oh Joy.

Cake. Delicious delicious cake.

So she then turned into a witch because the cake was a lie?

Madoka's wish:

Madoka will not contract with QB until the very end. Homerun will fight Walpurgisnacht alone and she'll die in the process. Madoka, stricken with grief, will wish to meet Homerun again and be able to protect her.

/surpass entropy.

I thought it was Homu's wish that surpassed entropy? And that's basically what she wished on the first cycle as shown in ep 10.

QUOTE And that's basically what she wished on the first cycle as shown in ep 10.

I was just joking or more like, wondering.

What would happen if Madoka wished the exact same wish that Homerun did in the first cycle and she was granted time control powers as well? Considering that the form that their powers take on can be affected by their wish to some extent. It wouldn't be farfetched to see a variation of the characters with different powers if they keep looping lol.

QUOTE What would happen if Madoka wished the exact same wish that Homerun did in the first cycle and she was granted time control powers as well?

The universe would implode, obviously
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 24 2011, 05:07 PM)QUOTE What would happen if Madoka wished the exact same wish that Homerun did in the first cycle and she was granted time control powers as well?

The universe would implode, obviously

Well there's that and the world will start all over again with a pickle for some odd reason. Never the less out of all of the girls so far we know everyone's wish except for Modaka herself. We know so far that Mami didn't want to die alone, Sayaka wanted to help her boyfriend, Kyoko wanted to help her father out, and we reciently learned Homerun's wish with the loop episode.

To me it sould be Mahou Shoujo Homerun Magica since it's really all Homerun in this series. Although I kind of wonder what Modaka's wish was before the time loop began though, not only that, but what will her wish be in a situation like this.

As for the delay two things now come up instead of the obvious. First, the Earthquake, Tsunami, and Nuclear Fallout heald a lot of anime series back, so that's a given. The second, Shaft is being Shaft by trying to make money on the BluRay/DVD sales to increase the quality of this series. Although honestly it's really a coin toss over the delay issue though.
blink.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 24 2011, 10:57 PM) To me it sould be Mahou Shoujo Homerun Magica since it's really all Homerun in this series. Although I kind of wonder what Modaka's wish was before the time loop began though, not only that, but what will her wish be in a situation like this.

You know, Wolfie-san, maybe we are being teased into speculating that little Madoka-chan has already made her wish? Maybe, she is stomping on the Incubator's insufferable desire to get her to come on over to his side by playing sweet and innocent and "What? I don't know what you are getting at."
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
And the funny thing is maybe...the producers have no idea as well? Sure as hell makes for great ratings...ah well...more fun to speculate about that until we are finally made privy to the last episodes
wink.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Mar 25 2011, 02:10 AM) You know, Wolfie-san, maybe we are being teased into speculating that little Madoka-chan has already made her wish? Maybe, she is stomping on the Incubator's insufferable desire to get her to come on over to his side by playing sweet and innocent and "What? I don't know what you are getting at."
rolleyes.gif

wink.gif
And the funny thing is maybe...the producers have no idea as well? Sure as hell makes for great ratings...ah well...more fun to speculate about that until we are finally made privy to the last episodes
wink.gif

So in other words Modaka's wish is such a secret that even the writers don't even know what it is.
laugh.gif

In any case I can buy that it means everyone is in suspense until the following week. I just hope the quality doesn't drop down to the, "We ran out of money so buy the DVD/BluRays to see what you've missed," deal.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 24 2011, 11:14 PM) So in other words Modaka's wish is such a secret that even the writers don't even know what it is.
laugh.gif

In any case I can buy that it means everyone is in suspense until the following week. I just hope the quality doesn't drop down to the, "We ran out of money so buy the DVD/BluRays to see what you've missed," deal.
tongue.gif

Well, not quite mind you...not quite. Of course, there are endless possibilities as to what her wish may be and we fans should be open to such.
tongue.gif
I think tis in front of our faces, but a good writer never will give it away up front until it is almost over...Shinbo-san has a penchant for tossing curve-balls from all angles. That's what makes his stories so much fun...everything comes at you from all sides so much so, one really has to ponder...what the hell?
One on the reasons, I like this series lots...my tragic heroine of course, the lovely but baddass...Homura-chan sure helps, too.
wink.gif

I enjoyed watching how Homura changed from a shy, incompetent girl to a confident but bitter and pessimistic herself during the last episode. It is amazing how smooth and well paced Homuras character development was and only one episode was needed. Yet the transition felt natural, not forced and not rushed or dragged out for ages. Very well done!!!

QUOTE (warita200 @ Mar 25 2011, 03:14 AM) I enjoyed watching how Homura changed from a shy, incompetent girl to a confident but bitter and pessimistic herself during the last episode. It is amazing how smooth and well paced Homuras character development was and only one episode was needed. Yet the transition felt natural, not forced and not rushed or dragged out for ages. Very well done!!!
Well that's pretty much what would happen when you want to become a Maho Loli without knowing the consequences and repercussions. I mean at first she didn't even know about magical girls until she made that wish to save Modaka at all costs. Heck since I've played Fate/Hollow Ataraxia and Kagtsu Tohya, along with watching the entire (in)famous Endless 8 season, I can enjoy the loop ordeal Homerun is placed in. Heck you have to steal your nerves or else the same thing will happen all over again, hence why she stopped QB from forming the contract with Modaka for the first time. Besides the loop ordeal in a series can sometimes end up being a deal breaker to some, but can be a wonderful thing to those who missed something the first time aroud, be it a subtle clue to being blatently obvious.

Although I still have to guess that the only way a Good End would happen is if she can somehow manage to save not only Modaka but the others as well. In any case it was nice seeing that Mami didn't die as horrably as she did earlier in the series.
tongue.gif

@Kid_wolf, I dont mind loop episodes at all. It is actually the perfect tool for showing a plot from different perspectives and adding complexity to it. I prefering looping over endless dialogues, it is just so much more fun. I loved higurashi for this
smile.gif

Anyways, I started thinking about the plot and there is one thing I dont understand. Why is Kyuubey so set on turning madoka into witch??? She would become the strongest witch ever, true, but how does he plan to harvest the energy, if there isnt anybody to kill her? And since there isnt anybody to stop her, this would mean the end of earth, because she would become the ultimate destruction. Not that Kyubey cares, as he already demonstrated. He is quite the manipulator, isnt he? He claimes he has no emotions and therefore cannot understand them, but thats not true. If he didnt understand the emotions that motivate humans, he couldnt use them against humans, which he obviously does. He retains vital information from the girls, he manipulates them into thinking that they are doing something good, etc etc And he is a liar. He said to Madoka, that she needs to sacrifice herself in order to preserve the universe for the time when earth will be ready to join the others. But hmmmm, if she turns into a witch, there wont be any earth...

I find the part interesting where he defends himself against the accusations by saying, that he isnt doing anything bad, they all agreed to it. But have they really? If he doesnt tell them the whole truth, to what have they agreed to precisely??? Maaa maaa kyubey san, you are a bad boy!!! Hopefully Madoka and co. will kick your sorry ass.

Too bad this anime is on ice for the time being, I am so curious how it will end!!!!

QUOTE (warita200 @ Mar 25 2011, 01:26 AM) Anyways, I started thinking about the plot and there is one thing I dont understand. Why is Kyuubey so set on turning madoka into witch??? She would become the strongest witch ever, true, but how does he plan to harvest the energy, if there isnt anybody to kill her? And since there isnt anybody to stop her, this would mean the end of earth, because she would become the ultimate destruction. Not that Kyubey cares, as he already demonstrated. He is quite the manipulator, isnt he? He claimes he has no emotions and therefore cannot understand them, but thats not true. If he didnt understand the emotions that motivate humans, he couldnt use them against humans, which he obviously does. He retains vital information from the girls, he manipulates them into thinking that they are doing something good, etc etc And he is a liar. He said to Madoka, that she needs to sacrifice herself in order to preserve the universe for the time when earth will be ready to join the others. But hmmmm, if she turns into a witch, there wont be any earth...

I find the part interesting where he defends himself against the accusations by saying, that he isnt doing anything bad, they all agreed to it. But have they really? If he doesnt tell them the whole truth, to what have they agreed to precisely??? Maaa maaa kyubey san, you are a bad boy!!! Hopefully Madoka and co. will kick your sorry ass.

Too bad this anime is on ice for the time being, I am so curious how it will end!!!!
The whole point is for Madoka to fight during Walpurgis night, which would expend all her magical energy or at least push it to the limit, which we saw in episode 10 via Homura's flashbacks. When Madoka turns into a witch after the end of Walpurgis night, the energy is released and that's when Kyubey would harvest it.

And yes, loop episodes/world resets are good when done right. In the case of say 11eyes, that was a bad case whereas in the case of Tatami Galaxy, that was good. It all depends on context and how its integrated into the story. I currently fear a world reset for Madoka Magica as that may very well be Madoka's wish. Something along the line of "I wish Kyubey and Mahou Shoujos didn't exist and everything went back to the way it was." If so, I will be very disappointed. Characters that died should stay dead, otherwise it defeats the purpose of having watched the show in the first place. This includes Homura suddenly having the power to travel through time again (with Madoka) to a parallel world where such events didn't occur. I'll provide more of a support argument on why I dislike this if it does happen though.

Assuming this show doesn't implode in the final 2 episodes, we may very well have the best mahou shoujo show since Nanoha A's in 2005 if not Card Captor Sakura in 1998-2000

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Mar 25 2011, 10:55 AM) When Madoka turns into a witch after the end of Walpurgis night, the energy is released and that's when Kyubey would harvest it.

Then obviously I misunderstood something. I thought he needs the grief seed, that is the harvested energy. Thats why he swallows it. ...... is it not that?

Youre not the only one who doesnt get that part warita. I dont know too ife he gets the energy if they become Mahou Shoujos, witches or from the grief seeds the witches drop. Maybe even on all three occasions.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Mar 25 2011, 11:16 AM) Youre not the only one who doesnt get that part warita. I dont know too ife he gets the energy if they become Mahou Shoujos, witches or from the grief seeds the witches drop. Maybe even on all three occasions.
No. Recall at the end of episode 8 and the beginning of episode 9 when energy started being emitted from Sayaka's soul gem right before it turned into a grief seed. Kyouko got blown away from that energy and Kyubey hinted at the end of episode 8 that the purpose of Mahou Shoujos was to turn them in to a witch (Majou). Kyubey later reveals in episode 10 that the purpose is to collect the energy released from that transition. That confirms why Kyouko nearly got blown away when Sayaka's soul gem turned into a grief seed.

The more interesting question though is why Kyubey ingests the grief seeds? Kyubey claims that it prevents the witches from being harmful anymore. However, that doesn't make any sense with the logic that Kyubey doesn't care what happens to the planet and humanity, which in turn likely makes the preceding statement a lie. If so, then why did he ingest it anyways? Does it give him the power to grant the wishes to turn people into mahou shoujos maybe?

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Mar 25 2011, 01:01 PM) Does it give him the power to grant the wishes to turn people into mahou shoujos maybe?
A good question, it is possible.

.....As for Madokas wish..... she could wish for a world without Kyuubey, puella magis and witches, but I dont think Kyubey would grant that wish. I dont think Kyubey would fulfill a wish, that goes against his objectives. Its not like Kyubey is a geenie from a bottle who has to fullfill ANY wish, if you rub him. In fact, when the girls wished something, he did think about it for a bit and then said: Yes I can grant that wish.

Actually, something Kyubey said at some point struck me as a possible clue. He said that Madoka could turn into a witch so strong, she could even change the laws of nature. Isnt the entropy he talks about an example of the laws of physics? How about that??? She could wish to change the universe to one where entropy doesnt exist.... aka adjust the laws of physics.... but I do agree that such an ending would be kindo lame. (on the other hand, if Kyubey had the power to make such a change, why doesnt he do it without the wish?? Ahhhh I am overthinking this *headache*)

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Mar 25 2011, 08:01 PM) The more interesting question though is why Kyubey ingests the grief seeds? Kyubey claims that it prevents the witches from being harmful anymore. However, that doesn't make any sense with the logic that Kyubey doesn't care what happens to the planet and humanity, which in turn likely makes the preceding statement a lie. If so, then why did he ingest it anyways? Does it give him the power to grant the wishes to turn people into mahou shoujos maybe?
This and that are two different things. It doesnt matter to him what happens to the planet and humanity as long as he gets the energy of Madoka turning witch-mode. But if he doesnt get it and he leaves the witches alone the witches would minimize humanity too fast and soon he would ran out of girls who can becoma a Mahou Shoujo which is against his orders. Thats why he is absorbing/eating/transfering/sealing/what-ever them.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back