Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Mar 26 2011, 04:59 PM)This and that are two different things. It doesnt matter to him what happens to the planet and humanity as long as he gets the energy of Madoka turning witch-mode. But if he doesnt get it and he leaves the witches alone the witches would minimize humanity too fast and soon he would ran out of girls who can becoma a Mahou Shoujo which is against his orders. Thats why he is absorbing/eating/transfering/sealing/what-ever them.
All this suddenly got me wondering..... how long exactly has this been going on on earth and... how did Q.B., or any similar thing to him, manage to convince the first masou mahou shoujo in order for her to become the first witch?

QUOTE (Nioki @ Mar 26 2011, 08:47 AM) All this suddenly got me wondering..... how long exactly has this been going on on earth and... how did Q.B., or any similar thing to him, manage to convince the first masou mahou shoujo in order for her to become the first witch?
Maybe the first few were not convinced but turned into witches without asking. As a matter of fact, kyubey doesnt really need their consent, if you think about it, it just makes things easier for him this way. In the end they arent agreeing to what he does to them, because he doesnt tell them what he really intends to do. So then, why bother getting their consent in the first place? He probably can milk them more this way.

Ah for all we know, this with process can be a natural one anyways. So maybe some people turn into witches so or so, but Kyubey accelarates this process.

QUOTE Does it give him the power to grant the wishes to turn people into mahou shoujos maybe?

I smell equivalent exchange. More like, Newton's law and the Conservation of Energy.

QUOTE And yes, loop episodes/world resets are good when done right. In the case of say 11eyes, that was a bad case whereas in the case of Tatami Galaxy, that was good. It all depends on context and how its integrated into the story. I currently fear a world reset for Madoka Magica as that may very well be Madoka's wish. Something along the line of "I wish Kyubey and Mahou Shoujos didn't exist and everything went back to the way it was." If so, I will be very disappointed. Characters that died should stay dead, otherwise it defeats the purpose of having watched the show in the first place. This includes Homura suddenly having the power to travel through time again (with Madoka) to a parallel world where such events didn't occur. I'll provide more of a support argument on why I dislike this if it does happen though.

I doubt a no QB/Meguca world ending will happen considering the manga. Well it could be happening in an entirely different dimension/universe but I'm not sure about that ATM.

As for QB ingesting grief seeds, IIRC they contain energy as well. Well they theoretically still should contain a soul right? mmmmm delicious soul.

QUOTE (khael @ Mar 27 2011, 08:20 PM) As for QB ingesting grief seeds, IIRC they contain energy as well. Well they theoretically still should contain a soul right? mmmmm delicious soul.
Well, he's interested in getting the negative energy generated from people turning into witches, right? Grief seeds would be the very concentration of that energy - especially if also used by other m. girls to clean the soulstones. So, collecting those is pretty much his goal.

In other words a Maho Loli's Soul Gem becomes more powerful with the more Grief Seeds that are absorbed by it. Although Modaka herself is an exception since her soul doesn't really need any Greif Seeds to become stupidly powerful mind you. I mean from the looks of things in the end fo it all QB eventually eats the delicious delicious souls of the former Maho Lolis it seems.

In any case I'm not overly concerned by the what came first, the witch or the Maho Lolis since it has nothting to add to the story in my opinion though.

^ Umm, no. The other way round. It is the Grief seed that absorbs the negative energy accumulated in the Soul Stones from resentment or whatever else. They can only use them a limited number of times otherwise the witch would be reborn. Instead, QB "absorbs" them and with them the energy they accumulate. In my understanding, QB doesn't really care for the "souls" as such.

I know there are a few flash games that are a lot of fun baised off of what happened in the series so far. Although I think I found one that I kind of thought was worth sharing.

http://www27113u.sakura.ne.jp/incubator/incubatore.html

It's pretty much what QB has to go though to save the world by eating the delicious delicous soul of a magcial girl on step at a time.
tongue.gif

Still I hope they do manage to give it a reasonable end here. Heck I wouldn't mind it if we got something along the line of a Higurashi-like end.

I recently finished a marathon viewing of this series so far, and I'm of mixed opinion. For one thing, the character designs and the quirky animations for the enemies did not impress me. The strong points this series has are its characterization (especially for Homura) and the complete deconstruction of its genre.

I'm interested to see where it'll go from here, especially considering it has only two more episodes left. Are there any plans to give this another season - because the storyline seems like it should take more than just two episodes to resolve in a satisfactory manner?

Were there is a rumor that they are going to do something like a happy fun school days version of the series. Although I'd say if they did that and somehow connected it to the first season right it might be interesting to watch. I mean Homerun has done this probably dozens of times already, so I'm sure a curve-ball universe wouldn't be too far out of the question here.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 04 2011, 10:20 PM) Were there is a rumor that they are going to do something like a happy fun school days version of the series. Although I'd say if they did that and somehow connected it to the first season right it might be interesting to watch. I mean Homerun has done this probably dozens of times already, so I'm sure a curve-ball universe wouldn't be too far out of the question here.
tongue.gif

And since many a Lolicon~Otaku are swooning with this fine series, I bet they are hoping for a continuous, time loop~replay of "bath time"...over and over and over, again.
tongue.gif
But my heroine, Homura-chan would so not be in the mood for such Mahou Shoujo Shenanigans...too beneath her.
rolleyes.gif

Last rumor I heard, on MAL and who knows if it be true, was the last two episodes are due to air in two to three weeks time. All remains to be seen...
wink.gif

Although I have to disagree with you on one point there Yaya-san. Homerun wouldn't mind the shenanigans as long as she's doing it to Modaka of course.
tongue.gif
At least that's what some of the fan pics and doujins are between those two.
biggrin.gif

Other than that of course Homerun would be the first to notice that something is off at first glance. Also, she probably would not stand for any shenanigans, aside from Modaka of course.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 04 2011, 11:09 PM)Although I have to disagree with you on one point there Yaya-san. Homerun wouldn't mind the shenanigans as long as she's doing it to Modaka of course.
tongue.gif
  At least that's what some of the fan pics and doujins are between those two.
biggrin.gif

Other than that of course Homerun would be the first to notice that something is off at first glance. Also, she probably would not stand for any shenanigans, aside from Modaka of course.
biggrin.gif

Humm...when I consider the characterization of Homura-chan and her stoic demeanor, I can't help but disagree with you, Wolfie-san. Those pics of which you speak of her and Madoka-chan, as a Yuri paring, do not sit well with me....but I don't bother with it since it is all wishful thinking and make believe on the part of the loli/yuri crowd.
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
Now, granted, we have yet to fully understand the connection between those two and we already have seen that Homura-chan has a soft spot for Madoka-chan but what it all means, exactly? Well, that remains a mystery...hoping the last two episodes spell that out...speculation and theories aside.
wink.gif

But didn't Homerun enjoy being with Modaka in episode 10. I mean she did make the wish that she did meet Modaka in a different situation.
tongue.gif
Heck the whole yuri pairing might be what she always wanted, but it ends up being tragic every time so far.
unsure.gif

Besides I'm only stating this because the yuri side fo me says that might be the main reason why Homerun wants to save Modaka.
biggrin.gif

On a side note I'm supprised that no one wants to commenet on the flash game I posted here though.
blink.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 05 2011, 09:50 AM) Besides I'm only stating this because the yuri side fo me says that might be the main reason why Homerun wants to save Modaka.
biggrin.gif

There are 3 reasons why Homura wants to save this world's Madoka:
1) Madoka is the first "real" friend that Homura makes as implied by episode 10
2) Madoka saved Homura's life multiple times in the various worlds Homura has traveled to.
3) As a result of 2, Madoka requested in one of the worlds for Homura to stop Madoka from becoming a mahou shoujo. Since there was no request from the other world's Madoka to save say Sayaka, Kyouko, or Mami, Homura could care less about them.
4) *insert yuri subtext here*

I think you may be reading too much into the subtext. While Ume Aoki has certainly created a lot of shoujo-ai/yuri implied works (e.g. Hidamari Sketch), it may be going too far to imply that for this show.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 05 2011, 10:50 AM)
On a side note I'm supprised that no one wants to commenet on the flash game I posted here though.
blink.gif

I played it. I died a lot

QUOTE (Xanadu @ Apr 05 2011, 10:19 PM)QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 05 2011, 10:50 AM)

I played it. I died a lot

That's the whole point, but you're supposed to make a lot of magical girls so that they can stave off the witches that form, along with the witches they become after a certain point. Although I kindof like how if you lose everyone Homerun does take everything out for ya' and you get points that way.
tongue.gif

Oh and Kit, is there anything wrong with wanting this to have massive yuri subtext, is there?
tongue.gif

I mean I don't see anything wrong with it if you ask me. I mean Modaka looked like she would have a yuri moment with Mami at first.
biggrin.gif

As for Sayaka well we all know there is the SayakaxKyoko paring since Kyoko did tend to explain herself after wanting to no longer fight Sayaka and to explain things properly to her as well.

Although speaking of episode 10 again I noticed that Kyoko didn't actualy show up at all in a few of those worlds that Homerun went through. It kind of made me wonder if she is a sudden curveball out of all of this, or was the one girl she may have needed to save Modaka now.
blink.gif

^ Totally!
tongue.gif
I tell you, dear Wolfie-san sure has opened up a can of Yuri worms. I think it is just too funny given how serious the girls are trying to steer clear of slimy, up-to-no-good, QB's scheming.
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back