Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
^At least partially, maybe. In any case, it's on TVTropes already.

I have to say though, QB is the cutest Eldritch Abomination to date.

At first I totally didnt like Kyouko, but in the end she really was a nice character and I liked her a lot, just like Sayaka. And Mami. So I wonder why all the girls I like are diying in this anime while the ones I dont like (Homura, Madoka) are surviving? Do I read to much into it if I say the producers want to joke with me? Nah I guess not.

It was pretty sad seeing Kyouko kill herself so that Sayaka isnt dying alone, but it suited her since they were a nice pair.

Im quite surprised that Walpurgis Nacht is a witch rather than an event for the witches. But that should make it easier since its only one witch, even though she is really strong.
And somehow I still doubt that Madoka is turning into a Mahou Shoujo, but if shes not gonna survive this series.

So we finally know why Kyubee does all this and somehow you cant really blame him that much since its not his fault for not having emotions, even though its really totally cruel if you view it from the human point. If he doesnt have emotions its only logical that he doesnt understand them. Reminds me of me even though I dont really like to be grouped with him.

@Xanadu: The one after sex was really evil ^^

@khael: What/who do you mean with Imase?

And finally a few new pics from me:

Simple description of the girls:

Level E anyone?

What Kyubee hides in his :3

@Killer_Ossi, picture number three is especially apropos since that is how I see him.
wink.gif
We have not been made privy to it yet, meaning, his sly and deadly grin, since he keeps it hidden.
wink.gif
It really would be something if we were to see that grin before he takes over the world...well, him and his fellow Incubators anyway.
tongue.gif

Ok Ossi-san you should deserve a cookie and also a free internetz for those pics. Beside that one pic of the girls is more or less spot on with what they are in that series in a nutshell. As for QB/Incubator... yeah that pic pretty much sums up what he is. He's kind of like the creature from the movie The Thing, but his cuteness is his camo.

*edit*

In the end I'd actually laugh if it ends with the whole thing of someone saying, and I quote, "It looks like someone didn't have thier Moring Lescue to start thier day."
wink.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 09 2011, 10:27 PM) For GREAT JUSTICE:

http://fuckyeahcontract.tumblr.com/

Also check out my new sweet avatar.
Haha! What an avatar! Love it! Love It! Love it, Aus-san!
wub.gif

Looking forward to the next episode as it looks quite good and tomorrow's the day!
laugh.gif
Would be interesting like K_O-san says, if Madoka-chan does not go down as a Magical girl but hum...all remains to be seen since some have already pointed out, what of the title?
rolleyes.gif

^Would be a giant troll if she didn't. Then again, this series already is. Still, I'm kind of expecting for Madoka to turn into the magical-girl in the last moment and discover that her "godlike" powers can put an end to the whole witch-producing debacle. Friends were lost and all, but at least the future is bright, she marries Homura and adopt Kyuubei as their kid etc etc. However, the series thus far has been notable for breaking stereotypes, so maybe they'll manage to not screw it up and will not resort to a silly deux ex machina like that for an ending.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 10 2011, 03:13 AM) she marries Homura and adopt Kyuubei as their kid etc etc.
am i the only who thinks Nanoha, Fate and Vivio when i read this? (from mahou shoujo lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)

Never watched StrikerS because I heard it was crap. I was commenting on the general proneness of magical girls to exploitation for yuri purposes. But hey, it's usually the series' fault anyway.

^ LOLz were had. Haven't seen that one yet.

Hope gg get off their @$$es and deliver the new ep. soon.

In response to episode 10:

What the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Really, killing mami the first time was bad enough, but again? And once more? And everyone else, MULTIPLE TIMES!

QUOTE (Vampe @ Mar 10 2011, 02:58 AM) am i the only who thinks Nanoha, Fate and Vivio when i read this? (from mahou shoujo lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
I had the thought of a Nanoha vs. Fate rivalry at the beginning of the series between Homura and Madoka, especially based on hints in the OP theme and the first few minutes of the series. Whether or not this will still follow through remains to be seen as Homura remains as mysterious as ever after episode 9. She clearly has some connection with Madoka of another dimension, but I'm more curious right now about the "grown-up" Madoka we keep seeing the OP theme.

Nevertheless, the series is clearly heading in the direction of the first episode. Whether Madoka actually becomes a magical girl remains to be seen. It would be great if she didn't because that would make the title of the series a great trap.

QUOTE (lord_vivec @ Mar 10 2011, 05:25 PM)In response to episode 10:

What the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Really, killing mami the first time was bad enough, but again? And once more? And everyone else, MULTIPLE TIMES! 
No I kinda expected Mami to die somehow. the real WTF moment was Homura. Seeing her past, I totally didn't think Homura's attitude was that at first. That definitely took me for a loop In her first run though, she was pulling off a Madoka, Madoka reminded me of Mami, and Mami survived till the W.N. But the the second time around they learn the truth about witches, out of no where, Mami kills Kyoko and Madoka takies out Mami (Second WTF moment). So now if Madoka goes witch, the world ends. This reminded me of endless eight from Haruhi. Now we gotta week for the next episode.

Homura's weapon confirmed: it is hammerspace

Also, am I slow for not realizing why Sayaka's witch was a mermaid?

and interesting pics of the week:

Yup.... lots of WTF moments in episode 10, and it was sad how Mami lost it and just offed with Sayaka and Kyoko, but then what Madoka did. The whole anger is pointed at the wrong character. Kyubey is just a messenger and contractor plus incubator. The real people that deserve the rage are the ones that made QB. They are trying to survive even if it means a planets inhabitants go extinct. I am actually seeing an endless loop ending, where no matter what, Homura will always suffer the loss of her best friend. That or Madoka finds a way to get rid of the witch and 2 grief seeds pop out, and she will not turn into a witch, or something else that prevents her from being a witch.

Cool ability Homura has, no wonder she is fast and all, especially it explains how she was always behind or moving around Sayaka and Kyoko. To think the information of a Kyubey from a different reality gets transferred to the original one is weird. Might be were the true incubator is that all information is gathered.

I also forgot to note how Kyubey eats his own dead body, that is just wrong
blink.gif

Hmm, kinda lame episode TBH. I was hoping they'd hold the revelation off till the last ep. Was kind of cool to see all the various loops, but eh, it felt like the ep was just stating the obvious. And making Homura into a stereotypical shy meganekko wasn't necessary at all.

It all goes downhill from here, unless they can come up with sth amazing for the ending, which I doubt. Still, was a fun ride.

Apropos: http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tu...y8EBOn7m%2Bc%3D

EDIT: Also wondering: while the time-paradox persists, don't the aliens keep getting increasing amounts of energy with each new permutation of reality? So, shouldn't Kyubei be interested to keep it going forever, to get infinite energy?

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 11 2011, 10:23 AM)
Apropos: http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tu...y8EBOn7m%2Bc%3D

Holy..... Feel the pain, little monster
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 11 2011, 10:23 AM)
EDIT: Also wondering: while the time-paradox persists, don't the aliens keep getting increasing amounts of energy with each new permutation of reality? So, shouldn't Kyubei be interested to keep it going forever, to get infinite energy?
I think that the only energy they might potentially be receiving is the one from her using her power. All the energy of Madoka's and the others, they get it nullified every time she goes back to the time before everything happened, since the process of going back in time is basically denying that all, beyond a certain point in time has happened.

Those small doses of energy from Homura alone are clearly not enough. In fact if Kyubei had emotion and he knew of the future (which he obviously doesn't know, considering he is not sure of Homura's nature) he'd probably try to prevent Homura from doing that, because by having Madoka transform within the Walpurgisnacht grants him enough of energy like he himself said.

QUOTE (GERBER @ Mar 11 2011, 06:11 AM)
I also forgot to note how Kyubey eats his own dead body, that is just wrong

Om-nom-nom. Possibly only eating that other body of his allows him to harvest the energy that body contained. Otherwise it might just leak out or something.

And when did it say that Kyubei recieves information from other realities? oO I dont remeber him speaking, as if he knows anything from the future
ohmy.gif

QUOTE And when did it say that Kyubei recieves information from other realities? oO I dont remeber him speaking, as if he knows anything from the future

He doesn't. In fact, there's an indication that he knows nothing of the time-travel since he's unaware of Homura's powers etc.

QUOTE I think that the only energy they might potentially be receiving is the one from her using her power. All the energy of Madoka's and the others, they get it nullified every time she goes back to the time before everything happened, since the process of going back in time is basically denying that all, beyond a certain point in time has happened.

Rather than nullifying it, isn't she just creating alternate realities? Making new paths in the flow of time that diverge but will eventually be eliminated once the "true" path is established. It has to be so, otherwise Homura would meet her original self, causing a time paradox. (Drawing mostly from Asimov's "End of Eternity").

As for the energy, I suppose you may be right, since they would need to be outside the time loop to harvest all the energy. Whether QB's home planet has that sort of power/tech is unknown, but he's definitely caught in it and so has no such ability. I suppose the "extra energy" just goes to maintaining all the various alternate realities.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 11 2011, 07:45 PM)
Rather than nullifying it, isn't she just creating alternate realities? Making new paths in the flow of time that diverge but will eventually be eliminated once the "true" path is established. It has to be so, otherwise Homura would meet her original self, causing a time paradox. (Drawing mostly from Asimov's "End of Eternity").

But we dont really know how exactly backwards in time is for her.. Its not like time machine backwards where she starts going from a certain time and place to a certain time at the same place.. It seems more like she's doing a video playback on her actions alone (and it seems to apply to others as well the same way.. but with a minor memory loss in the process. We can obviously see that Madoka after several times already gets a feeling she knows Homura-chan from somewhere), but still possesses the knowledge of how it happened since she is the holder of her "artifact"

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back