Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
If she was creating alternate realities, there would be more than just one of her, meaning she is simply going back into time to a single point every time with her collective knowledge.

QUOTE EDIT: Also wondering: while the time-paradox persists, don't the aliens keep getting increasing amounts of energy with each new permutation of reality? So, shouldn't Kyubei be interested to keep it going forever, to get infinite energy?

Could that be perhaps, what QB meant when he said Homerun's wish "surpassed entropy"?

QUOTE He doesn't. In fact, there's an indication that he knows nothing of the time-travel since he's unaware of Homura's powers etc.

Yes true. A lot of people misunderstood the "this is the 2nd time you killed me" statement he made when they saw Homerun kill QB in the 3rd loop (IIRC). Homerun killed QB twice in the current timeline. It happened when she was chasing after QB and QB runs to Madoka in the mall.

As for the space-time continuum in this show, we haven't really established how it works. I mean, she hasn't even tried to go to the future yet (We're not certain that she can't. She can stop time and go back in-time or "reverse" the changes.). It also seems that there's a limit to how far in the past she can go back.

It was obvious that Homerun was "from the future", but an Endless Eight scenario never occurred to me, so this episode was quite fun IMO. I only saw the generic time-traveler going back in time to prevent a tragedy and never saw the time-traveler stuck in a time loop. So basically Homerun's the source of the loop and the key to getting out of the loop is Madoka.

Domain unregistered. I've been seeing a lot of those lately.

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Mar 12 2011, 11:02 AM)Just thought I would share this...

"...and that will only give her clothes some scratches"

they completely blow of if its something less than 5.5 W87's. Referring to Nejima and some others )

QUOTE (khael @ Mar 12 2011, 10:59 AM)
Could that be perhaps, what QB meant when he said Homerun's wish "surpassed entropy"?

I was under the impression that he was referring to Madoka's transformation into a witch

QUOTE As for the space-time continuum in this show, we haven't really established how it works. I mean, she hasn't even tried to go to the future yet (We're not certain that she can't. She can stop time and go back in-time or "reverse" the changes.). It also seems that there's a limit to how far in the past she can go back.

Well, it's definitely not simple time-travel, otherwise she would have run into her "original self" in the time she's traveled to. I suppose "reverse changes" seems like a decent way of describing it - that way she reverses changes for herself as well, except gets to keep her memories... Or maybe it works kinda like a save-reload feature??

QUOTE It was obvious that Homerun was "from the future", but an Endless Eight scenario never occurred to me, so this episode was quite fun IMO. I only saw the generic time-traveler going back in time to prevent a tragedy and never saw the time-traveler stuck in a time loop. So basically Homerun's the source of the loop and the key to getting out of the loop is Madoka.

Hmm, rather than Endless Eight, made me think of Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei - multiple possible "failed" outcomes with just that one right one that's hard to reach. Then again I'm a jaded KyoAni hater so no surprise I never thought of E8.

Also, it's a loop but it's not a loop. Homura forces the time to restart every time. So, if she decides not to, or is unable to do so (dies etc.), the loop would also end, I think - a sort of "bad ending". Was already close to that at least once from what we saw. It's just that Homu-homu keeps repeating it until she's satisfied.

Well I thought of Yojouhan too but in the world in that show comprised of a multiverse as opposed to E8 where they were stuck in a loop.

I was under the impression that he was referring to Madoka's transformation into a witch

Wait... didn't he tell Homerun that when Homerun chose to become a Mahou Shoujo and told him her wish?

QUOTE (khael @ Mar 12 2011, 02:07 PM) Wait... didn't he tell Homerun that when Homerun chose to become a Mahou Shoujo and told him her wish?
ehm.. I'll rewatch the episode and update here to see which one it really is.

Ausdoerrt
oh my god... you made a contract with Kyubei?
ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Mar 12 2011, 02:02 AM) Just thought I would share this...

I can befriend Nanoha style if i contract? and the only price is that my soul gets riped out and i become a witch if i dont feed it items i loot from other witches? where do i sign up?

^ I think the crossover is wrong... Nanoha with her befriending = QB. She steals their souls...

Hmmm.....maybe QB is after Homura turning into a witch instead of Madoka? Notice, in all these histories she never turned into a witch yet. Possible ending: Homura kills Madoka before Madoka can become a witch, and Homura goes nuts, giving QB what he really wanted.

QUOTE (wedora @ Mar 12 2011, 12:14 PM) Hmmm.....maybe QB is after Homura turning into a witch instead of Madoka?  Notice, in all these histories she never turned into a witch yet.  Possible ending:  Homura kills Madoka before Madoka can become a witch, and Homura goes nuts, giving QB what he really wanted.
Now, that thought is original and way too dangerous as Homura-chan must first, kill the "Company man" before she possibly, does in Madoka.
wink.gif

If, as it is speculated by some, Madoka-chan turns over, well, I would like to think that after she is defeated and she lays dying, she will ask Homura-chan to terminate her in order to be spared but hell, who knows at this point?
rolleyes.gif

Latest episode was a mind blower...hope we go out with a blast.
tongue.gif

The secret of QB's ears:

tumblr_lhv52yeHdH1qbg37io1_400.gif

Aus-san...I am positive a treasure trove of ideas, schemes, secrets and nefarious manipulations can be found within those beauties...
wink.gif
They just aren't there for show! Hell no!
tongue.gif

Now then...as I have said, he is a Company man! My spies have caught him in action trying once again, to score in what appears to be an all out war of "determined" determination.
wink.gif

Dang, he's good!
tongue.gif

Madokasocialnetwork.gif

Two more just for good measure...

Episode 10 finally sheds some light on Homura. I really enjoyed this episode the most so far as it really showed what Homura went through, especially that one time when they "first" saw Sayaka turn into a witch. That was probably the best "flashback" out of all of them.

Anyways, with 2 episodes left, it seems that episode 10 finished off whatever was left in episode 1 and so that leaves Walpurgis night. Given the way things developed though, I would really dislike it if Madoka becomes a magical girl now to the extent that she doesn't turn into a witch after that the Walpurgis event. Not only would it defy the re-runs Homura went through, but the staff, particularly Urobuchi, would have to fit in some very cliche or cheesy explanation out of it like "Madoka's didn't use up as much power this time" or something.

Nevertheless, Madoka Magica is really just a fantastic show so far. While the pacing has been a tad slower than I had hoped, each episode is really just filled with a lot of excitement if you ask me.

QUOTE And Homura's wish goes like this (I'm quoting from Nutbladder subs): "I want to meet Kaname again. Not as someone who is protected, but as someone who protects her." Kyubey then says "Your wish has surpassed entropy". Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. And so, the first time loop begins and Homura moves into time-line 2 (T-2), where all her memories are carried over. The side effect of Homura's wish is to stop time for a short burst. And the first thing she does when she goes to school is...

Quoted from a blog since I'm not at home ATM and can't access that episode. Check it yourself. So... Does that mean that Homura can basically power the universe infinitely?

No it's doubtful that Madoka could power the universe infinitely but the power she would release would be for a massive amount of time say like thousands of years or something on that magnitude.
smile.gif
However as her potential is off the scale there's no way of telling
smile.gif

I think the only way the story could keep Modoka becoming a Magical Girl but not turning into a witch is if ALL the girls featured so far combining their efforts so they would all have to be alive OR somebody would have to find a way for more energy to be used without Madoka using all hers.
smile.gif

I wonder why Madoka is so pwerful though, it's really interesting to find out why and exactly how powerful she can be dont you think
smile.gif

QUOTE (khael @ Mar 12 2011, 05:07 AM) Well I thought of Yojouhan too but in the world in that show comprised of a multiverse as opposed to E8 where they were stuck in a loop.
My impression with Madoka is that so is this one, with Homuhomu creating new ones every time she "turns back time". May be wrong though. Bigger question is, what it matters for the series.

QUOTE My impression with Madoka is that so is this one, with Homuhomu creating new ones every time she "turns back time". May be wrong though. Bigger question is, what it matters for the series.

Infinite number of alternate realities = Infinite copies of the girls turning into witches = surpassing entropy? mitebcool

^ Well, that was my original suggestion from last page
wink.gif
But, as Nioki said, we don't REALLY know how time-travel works here (or whether it's time-travel), so it's all pure guesswork at this point. Most likely, "surpassing entropy" means that Homuhomu is reversing changes in entropy along with all the other changes in the world (i.e. the complete opposite of my suggestion). In that case though, my question would be: if the aliens possess the power to do so, why use the whole plot with magical girls?

QUOTE If she was creating alternate realities, there would be more than just one of her, meaning she is simply going back into time to a single point every time with her collective knowledge.

Well, if she were using basic time-travel, she would run into copies of herself from the original timeline, causing a time paradox. Therefore, either the fabric of time automatically adjusts to prevent that possibility (as per Asimov), or she's creating alternate universes and not time-traveling. A matter of some debate, I suppose.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back