Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 14 2011, 07:33 AM) ^ Well, that was my original suggestion from last page
wink.gif
But, as Nioki said, we don't REALLY know how time-travel works here (or whether it's time-travel), so it's all pure guesswork at this point. Most likely, "surpassing entropy" means that Homuhomu is reversing changes in entropy along with all the other changes in the world (i.e. the complete opposite of my suggestion). In that case though, my question would be: if the aliens possess the power to do so, why use the whole plot with magical girls?
Don't even get me started on "not knowing" stuff. There's still many gray areas in this show. We still have yet to receive confirmation on the limitations of Kyubey's powers. There was one episode where he did say that he was unable to grant a certain wish, but the fact that he was able to "grant" Homura's wish only creates further confusion...or is it just Homura "abusing" her power through manipulation of the words in her wish.

As for your question regarding why use the magical girl plot? Again, Homura is probably abusing her powers. She only wished to be able to relive her life with Madoka. She made no mention of making herself immortal until it occurs without Madoka dying. Recall those few times in episode 10 where she almost died but was saved by Madoka. Therefore, we don't actually know if Kyubey has the power to "reverse or surpass entropy." As for how Homura is getting back in time, I agree that it's guess-work but I believe she acquired the skill along the way. The first time she traveled back was probably because of Kyubey "granting" the wish, but the second time would have to be on her own as we have seen Kyubey's wish. The better question is whether or not she's reversing time for the entire universe or simply Earth (or whatever planet they're on).

Alternatively, Homura could just be jumping to parallel universes rather than reversing time, though the imagery counters that logic a bit.

@khael: I've confirmed with various people I know and the translation for Homura's wish is indeed accurate.

Thanks for the confirmation Kit.

BTW, has there been any take yet on QB and Make a Wish Foundation?

This has been bugging me and... What the hell is that weird font Shaft is using?

Episode 10 is Godly!

I can't describe the greatness that episode 10 was. It tied together the entire series so nicely. I kinda was thinking it might turn this way and boy did they execute it perfectly.

Homura was a boring character to me until now. Wow, I hold so much more respect for her. Turning from a sick little shy girl to a real cold woman. All to save a girl who talked to her and became her friend!

The atmosphere, character and background design, depth and darkness of this series is astonishing. It pulls you into this world that starts off so nice and simple and turns into the biggest train wreck mind F^%$ possible. I LOVE IT!!!

I watched this ep before hearing the horrible news that the show has been pulled off the air, hopefully just temporarily. Honestly the show can end here and work just perfectly. I wish it would in a way cause very few animes even end good in my opinion. But I feel really good about this one. if I have to wait I will be happy to!

It was never pulled off the air, it was delayed due to the quake. Even Kit-sempai put up an article about that.

QUOTE (khael @ Mar 16 2011, 05:38 AM) This has been bugging me and... What the hell is that weird font Shaft is using?
No idea what it's called, but I've seen it before. In some fantasy game. Gut sense telling me it might be Seinarukana, though it's also telling me I'm wrong >__<

I've been having fun with the anons, trying to decode that stuff.

Well now it all makes perfect sense on why and how Modaka wasn't a Maho Loli in the beginning of this. Also, it explains on what we saw in the first episode as well here by showing how Homerun is known to be a total badass here. The upsdie it shows how she transformed into a weak bodied normal girl to a force to be reconed with. In any case it looks like the only way out for her would be if Modaka never transforms during the Walpurgis Night to fight at all. Although I think the Good End would be if she manages to have Mami and the others to not die in front of Modaka.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 17 2011, 04:46 PM)Homerun is known to be a total badass here. The upsdie it shows how she transformed into a weak bodied normal girl to a force to be reconed with.
Wolfie-san! Glad to see you back on board.
wink.gif
I agree...in my humble opinion, Homura-chan rules. She has been my favorite character from the get go. I can only hope she will survive the onslaught and take Madoka-chan with her.
HomuraGif2.gif

As far as what that onslaught will be? Well, I leave all such speculations to you experts.
tongue.gif

Speculah is fun fun fun. Now I know what I'm missing out on whenever I decide to drop a series and marathon it instead once it's complete.

QUOTE When the interviewer suggested that a different, "heartwarming" version of the story might be enjoyable to watch, Shinbo responded that such a version could have a bath scene, deal with the teacher Kazuko Saotome's romantic life, or cover the attempt of Madoka's mother to join a company. He added that if he can, he would like to do a second season or a side story of their characters' daily lives.

^Auto-fail.

1. Take an awesome anime everyone likes for the plot.
2. Turn it into a K-On style moeblob.
3. ????
4. PROFIT!

Seriously, sounds like nothing more than an atrocious money-grabbing scheme. But the otakus will eat it up and buy the merch. So yeah. I think if it gets made, I'll automatically skip it for the sake of my sanity.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 19 2011, 10:05 AM) ^Auto-fail.

1. Take an awesome anime everyone likes for the plot.
2. Turn it into a K-On style moeblob.
3. ????
4. PROFIT!

Seriously, sounds like nothing more than an atrocious money-grabbing scheme. But the otakus will eat it up and buy the merch. So yeah. I think if it gets made, I'll automatically skip it for the sake of my sanity.
Funny thing is Aus-san, I totally agree with you. I know I said this before, if it be your run-of-the-mill average school life loli adventure...I am out. I cannot imagine the Incubator curled up on their lap, purring in complete surrender, while the girls ogle all the boys in school, as they prepare for bath time.
tongue.gif

And yeah, it will be all the rage among the lolicon otakus...ah well. Too bad, a good story is gonna maybe get shafted.
wink.gif

I would probably watch it for the heck of it. I really can't put in my head would a 'fluffy-feeling' Madoka would turn out like, so I for one am interested to see how they pull it off

QUOTE (Xanadu @ Mar 19 2011, 08:53 PM) I would probably watch it for the heck of it. I really can't put in my head would a 'fluffy-feeling' Madoka would turn out like, so I for one am interested to see how they pull it off
Meh, like any other fluffy anime character ? :/

I'll only watch it if instead of school-life anime we get a proper spin off animated like Kazumi Magica or Oriko Magica. Or something along those lines. But bath scenes??? ....
mad.gif

For that we got other universes >_>

Last ep was pretty good even though it was pretty surprising to see Homuras backstory without any introduction or conversation before hand.
With what Homura had to deal with its really no surprise that she is so cold to everyone now and doesnt even want to try to befriend Madoka. At least not until everything is solved.

In my eyes Homura is using her power like a "load" button in a game. She fails and loads the "game" from a certain point and thats why Kyubey doesnt know about her since he gets "loaded" too together with everything except Homura.

It was nice seeing Mami again even though she died and went berserk once. But she was right, death is the only thing saving them from becoming witches.

I really dont think Madoka becomes a Mahou Shoujo, it just wouldnt suit the show. A fitting end would be Homura defeating the Walpurgis Nacht while sacrificing herself and amybe through that aquiring enough Energy to feed Kyubey so he is gone for a while.

QUOTE http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2...ka-magica-ideon
Sounds like Shinbo-sama plans to take the girls from darkness into new light. Might be interesting...read on to see what he has in mind. wink.gif

Meduka Meguca would be more entertaining. Although, if they do a "gag" version of Madoka I don't think it'd hurt. Like every time QB appears, Homerun shoots him before he can complete the word contract.

Oh, and has there been any DtB x Madoka Magica crossovers yet?

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back