Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
"Manjuu" are the distortions. I dont know who inveted the name.

I cant really remember Kyubey saying that the death of magical girls and the creation of witches made humanity evolve. IIRC he said that they (he, his clones, bosses, whatever) were the reason for the advance. In my eyes it sounded like "You make a contract and kill those things so we get energy and we help you advance plus a wish". But of course they did it in the shadows.
And since the only real change is the Manjuu instead of witches the world has changed only little, to be precise only this fact changed. Except that everything in the world is the same.

About Sayakas Death: I think Mami simply meant with "Laws of the Universe" that if you have no energy your dead. Or the whole Mahou Shoujo Biz alltogether. This is not really an arguement since for everyone in the anime or reality the "Laws of the Universe" are completely different.

About Kyouko: IIRC her wish was that people believe in the teachings of her father. There was nothing said about witches.

About Homura 1: Sure I can understand everything she went through and had to do, but just because of that doesnt make me like her.

About Homura 2: I think she became a Mahou Shoujo again simply to be nearer to Madoka.

About Homura 3: Ok her new powers and the wings are unexplainable for now. And since Im not even interested in her I just take it without thinking over it.

You write alot you know that.

QUOTE In episode 11, Kyubey mentioned that it was the death of magical girls and the creation of witches that allowed the world to advance into the world that we see in the first 11 episodes of the show. If that didn't happen, humans would still be living in caves apparently. As a result, with Madoka having rewritten the laws of the universe, how is it possible that the same or a similar present world exists, e.g. one where Sayaka still dies in a similar fashion, let alone disagreeing with Kyubey's theory? In my opinion, the events are too coincidental and there's too much ambiguity involved with Madoka's wish. As much of a god-like figure Madoka is now, I find it difficult to believe that she is capable of doing anything she wishes to the world. Also, how is Madoka capable of replenishing her soul gem? She absorbs the grief of others, which Kyubey mentioned was immense each time.
In ep 11, Kyubey said that if it wasn't incubators (indirectly Pullea Magi) then humanity would still be in caves. Madoka knew this when she made her wish and only got rid of witches not Incubators nor Puella Magi. Also due to her wish she technically doesn't need to refresh her SG as she will destroy her own witch every time that happens. She also isn't controlling the world just the magi System.

QUOTE Giving the choice of not becoming a mahou shoujo is not something Madoka has control of. As you said, Madoka is only capable of preventing destruction from when magical girls reach their limit and are about to die. She's not capable of changing the decisions one make in their lives, i.e. the wishes, the reasons magical girls make contracts, or whether or not contracts existed in the first place. Raising the witch flag is not something I'm convinced by given what Kyubey said in episode 11 about how the present world is constructed. In essence, there is a lot of contradiction in Madoka's wish, or at least the result of it.
Ok so I read that wrong I'll admit to that.

QUOTE What the heck is a Majuu? And when did the show ever claim that witches absorbed the grief of humans? I don't know who's translations you were watching, but the creatures at the end were never given a specific name. All we know is that according to Homura: "The distortions created by cause and effect have changed forms and still attack people from the shadows." There is a hint that the "distortions" are created by "curses, which humans harbored towards the world" but there is no concrete confirmation or evidence, which makes it difficult to accept
I meant to say majin (looked it up later, it was mention later in the last ep)

QUOTE Based on your argument for Homura's powers, it doesn't make much sense then for Kyouko. Kyouko's wish was based around her father, such that people would believe her father in that witches do exist (if I recall correctly). This would technically change Kyouko's wish along with her powers since witches no longer exist. While it wouldn't change the outcome of Kyouko's family's fate, it's a debatable topic now. In addition, Homura's past should technically have changed as well. The reason why Homura became a magical girl was because she wanted to protect Madoka. Since Madoka no longer exists, Homura technically never meets Madoka and thus Homura's contract should be voided. While it is entirely possible for Homura to have made another wish, it seems out of place as to why she would if she could simply retain the memories of Madoka and not have to deal with the magical girl incidents anymore after suffering through that much horror in her repetitive time warps.
Kyouko's wish if I'm not mistaken was for people to believe in her father's unorthodox teachings. Nothing was said about believing about witches. Pretty sure what he called Kyouko in her flashback was the "contract with devil" witch known during witch hunts so her wish still holds.

QUOTE From what I gather, Homura regains consciousness right after Sayaka dies (around 15:49 in the release I'm watching where Homura suddenly opens her eyes). Note, however, that this is already in the world where Madoka no longer exists.
That is why I didn't place it blue text. I wasn't sure about that part, and may need to watch it a third time to know for sure considering its been a month or so

QUOTE About Homura 3: Ok her new powers and the wings are unexplainable for now. And since Im not even interested in her I just take it without thinking over it.

I interpreted that as Homura becoming some sort of Madoka-like figure for her own version of reality. As for the new powers etc. - it's a parallel universe, so I'm willing to cut some slack for most of that.

Hey everyone!
I have a small opinion in regards to the last bit of the last episode.... Where was Homura located at the end and why the black wings? Even though I can't explain the bow and white wing action right before credits, I took her "I'll fight on" and thought something when the ending showed up and after it finished the first time I watched it... I thought 'where was everything' and noticed (like everyone else) that the wings look a lot like a window to the 'witch's world' and thought that (after watching it a couple of more times) that what we were actually watching was the end of Homura's life/ time as PM while she was still resisting/ or before becoming a witch. On reason is the way I heard Madoka's "ganbate" and that smirk before she jumped into the fray and the darkness kinda 'faded/spreaded to black'... But that is just a small thought I had. Feel free to comment since this was just my opinion haha.....

On a related note this anime was awesome its been forever since I wanted to post something on a anime and actually go through with it!! So... peace to all lol! =P

QUOTE (Blaze334 @ May 11 2011, 08:09 PM) Hey everyone!
I have a small opinion in regards to the last bit of the last episode.... Where was Homura located at the end and why the black wings?
Why did you have to ask one of the hardest question of the entire series?

At the moment, there is no definite answer, but probably around 2^n speculahs about the the ending. Just think of it like the movie 'Inception' and let your imagination do the rest

QUOTE (Xanadu @ May 11 2011, 08:03 PM) Why did you have to ask one of the hardest question of the entire series?

At the moment, there is no definite answer, but probably around 2^n speculahs about the the ending. Just think of it like the movie 'Inception' and let your imagination do the rest
I think the better question after thinking about it is whether or not Homura actually died in that last scene or rather was about to. From what it looked like she was releasing the so called "grief" or "curse" from within herself. Madoka's words of encouragement could easily be interpreted in one of two ways given the context.

QUOTE You write alot you know that.
Yes I do, since that makes arguments more interesting and generally more productive when I attempt to lay as many facts on the table to support an argument.

QUOTE I meant to say majin (looked it up later, it was mention later in the last ep)
Majin translates to demons I believe or a being from another world, which somewhat makes sense, but something still seems off. I feel as if we're missing a big piece of the puzzle at the moment that links everything together. Whether it's something were not able to infer or something that Urobuchi feel no one will notice and tries to get by is something to look in to.

QUOTE QB is still a horrible pervert, and a pimp: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/895716...d_eyes-kaname_mGahahahaha oh my god that picture is just priceless
laugh.gif

QUOTE I am planning a re-watch of this one since it was one of my favorites. A Summer marathon is coming up!
Now, if you are easily offended/lack of humor, don't bother checking out this link...so apropos for what that damned Incubator put the girls through...
http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show/180174/a...hou_shoujo_madoEh I just watched the last episode but I also already plan to rewatch it in the near future :3

Fufufu it seems QB is in for a hard time looking at the girlies in that picture
tongue.gif

Hahahaha thats funny Alberich, thanks for sharing
biggrin.gif

No as far as I know its not possible to embed videos.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 23 2011, 04:01 PM) Evil Cosplay is evil:

What are you talking about? That cosplay is awesome!

Well, it is an interesting cosplay, but I agree with Ossi that it's morbid.

QUOTE (Xanadu @ May 23 2011, 06:23 PM)QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 23 2011, 04:01 PM) Evil Cosplay is evil:

What are you talking about? That cosplay is awesome!

I detect win and good with that cosplay there. I mean we all know about that oen momen that made her famous of being headless with the fans.
tongue.gif

I have three pretty funny pics here

(Cant quite understand why Sayaka has less attractiveness than Homura so I treat it as fun and not seriously)

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 27 2011, 03:06 PM) I have three pretty funny pics here

(Cant quite understand why Sayaka has less attractiveness than Homura so I treat it as fun and not seriously)
LoL, Senjou-san is awesome like always xD
In the chart though, I wonder why non of the girls got over 80%
dry.gif

But, Morning Rescue 100% ! +++

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back