Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 24 2011, 07:01 AM)Evil Cosplay is evil:

Whhhattt? What do you mean evil xD
rolleyes.gif
It's just girl on girl action with mami and charlotte. Beautiful bonding with 2 girls *cackle* *cackle*

Here's some madoka pics by the way:

504f939b4214d9776384e13ba83bc046.png

Quoting PotC:
Will Turner: This is either madness... or brilliance.
Jack Sparrow: It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide.

xD

Kyu-BEE get it? Kyu and BEE. Pfffttttt~ Hah-*Gets shot*

:3

Kyubey VS Jigoku Shoujo
Translation (Disclaimer: not mine by the way, didn't do it):
RIGHT TO LEFT BASED ON THE PIC

Panel 1
QB:What is this Place?
QB: Huh?
Enma Ai: Oh pitiful Soul Lost in the Darkness

Panel 2

SFX middle: Uwaaaaaaaaaaa (Anon's reaction to watching Madoka)
SFX Right: diediediediedie
Monitor on right:
"Hell Girl Revenge Website"
"We will take revenge on your behalf: Kyubey"

Enma Ai: Oh Damned soul wallowing in your sin, bringing torment onto other souls...

Panel 3
Enma Ai: Would you like to try dying once?

Panel 4
Kyubey: More Importantly make a contract with me and become a Magical Girl.

Panel 5
Enma Ai: ...

Ran = Kyuubi (Nine tailed Fox)

Kyuubi = Kyubey

For those who played Umineko chiru Ep 5 You'd get the reference
tongue.gif

BEST MADOKA PIC EVER

QUOTE >Madoka Disappears
>Homuhomu pulled back into universe
>Universe is shifting
There's a dark night, city lights burning
*discontinuity*
We see Kyosuke performing before a judge panel, his performance begins.
We see Madoka and Sayaka talking while watching him, the theatre is empty.
Sayaka: "I... caused you a lot of trouble" and Madoka replies her own apologies, followed by "To save you I had to erase it all. And this future will disappear too". This line is crucial to understanding what happened when coupled with Mami's comment later ("...her denial of change"). While there are several plausible explainations, the one which speaks to me the most is that she wanted to give up everything for him; she wanted to sacrifice herself to help him to make him love her for it. With the change in rules that Madoka is causing, Sayaka seeks to sacrifice herself for him, even knowing that it is no longer necessary, throwing herself into combat to fulfill her own suicidal desire, burning herself out. We see the performance finish in front of a full crowd, then the burning skull of a demon that Sayaka sacrificed herself to destroy, both hopes of Sayaka fulfilled in their entirety as the universe completed its transfiguration.
Madoka now exists as a deific entity, no longer a direct part of the universe, but affecting it just the same. The transfiguration is complete, but not perfect; some memories still persist (QB's comment that Homuhomu is the only one to remember is false, as evidenced by Madoka's younger brother). Though, this raises a more interesting question: What does this make Homuhomu? To have a persistent birth and life in the new universe, she would have not remembered Madoka, and would have had nothing to wish for to become a Puella Magi, yet she does remember and has the ribbons... So she is an exception. This leads to a further complication: If she was outside the effects of the change, then her end as Puella Magi would have remained unchanged, no?
Thus comes the ending... In a blasted, dead waste we see Homuhomu fighting several mountainous demons, the witch effects streak out from behind her, a stark contrast to the white wings we see earlier, slowly consuming the screen before the curtain draws.

If there will be a second season (Read as a 2nd Puella Magi series in the same continuity), this will probably be the focus of it. Homuhomu might play a pivotal role as an antagonist (the natural disaster type, not the evil witch/genius/big bad wolf type).

Speculah:

Must be a side-effect of being the only one "totally" unchanged since Goddoka. I mean, if we were still in the previous rendition of the universe where witches still existed, by now Homuhomu should already be a witch, considering that she failed to "protect Madoka" in the end (face it, her wish and will turned into "to not lose Madoka"). But she can't turn into a witch anymore in the current world, so she ends up being able to use her "witch powers" but not turning into one fully.

Another one is, that final scene was in the far future. Basically the mahou shoujous lost and Homuhomu's the only one left fighting. The black wing represents the karmic burden she's accumulated over time. She can only keep accumulating karmic burden now and never be able to release it because she can't turn into a witch. But as it appears from the final scene, she can use that "karmic burden" to her advantage, thus we end up with the prior speculah that Homuhomu is using witch powers.

Anyway, another interesting point, Homuhomu's weapon in the new world seems to be a dark version of Madoka's. Yin/Yang theories anyone?

There's really more to this ending than what they're letting on.

For their own good, I hope there isn't a second season. Don't wanna see another good series fall to Sequilitis. And it most assuredly will if they make it.

Why do people keep bring this up
dry.gif
I believe Shinbou came out at one point while the series was airing and said he was contemplating on making a "lighter" version of Madoka. He made no actual claims saying that there would be a "second season" or spinoff/remake though. I also can't remember though if it was in response to a question of the sort "if he could redo Madoka again from scratch, how would he have done it?"

QUOTE Why do people keep bring this up

Whenever there's a half-decent show, there's always someone asking for sequels.

Kit, my focus wasn't on the "creation of a sequel" but on what happened next and how that stuff I quoted can be explained. I did wonder about that stuff quite a bit and it's annoying that it's left unanswered.

I never said that a second season will come. I only suggested that if there will be a sequel or more spin-offs, they probably (and should! mind you) explain what the hell happened in the end, i.e:

>Homerun's black Madoka bow
>Homerun's white wings turning black
>Wasteland ending

Stop focusing on the single sentence that mentioned "second season" briefly for crying out loud.

In any case we all know that we do want to see either on continuation of what has transpired in the end of all if this. Either it by continuing on with Homerun and explaining on what is the current situation of the Maho Lolis, or nothing more than what could be cosindered as a fanservice storyline.

By that I mean playing up to the gags and memes that were stuck onto said characters. To be put in to more accurate words it's kind of like a Fan Disk for people that play a Visual Novel series. It doesn't have to be overly dark, but it's what could be known as a spin-off in a way.

Besides seeing any kind of continuation of this series is more than welcomed by me at this time of course.
tongue.gif

QUOTE Kit, my focus wasn't on the "creation of a sequel" but on what happened next and how that stuff I quoted can be explained.

Well, too bad for you, if they do make a sequel, you'll get a K-ON with Madoka characters instead.

QUOTE (khael @ Jul 21 2011, 02:02 PM) >Homerun's black Madoka bow
>Homerun's white wings turning black
>Wasteland ending
The first one is explainable.

Homura essentially became the "embodiment" of Madoka at the end. Homura's wish was to save Madoka, which granted her the power of time leap. However, since Madoka no longer exists except in Homura's mind, she essentially became "the Madoka" of the new world that goddess Madoka created, granting her Madoka's bow and essentially her powers. Homura's own powers disappearing is a different question.

Homura's wings turniing black is probably the one unexplainable thing at the end. Whether or not Homura is turning into a witch or one of the new "shadows" as a result of grief or something (similar to Sayaka) is probably the best reason. Alternatively, Homura could still possess the power to manipulate space and time and bring the world of the witches back even though Madoka got rid of all the witches.

The wasteland, could be the new "Walapurgis Night" in the new world and Homura, if she still possesses her original powers, could be stuck in another time loop.

By the way, all of this is going to sound farfetched no matter what explanation.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jul 21 2011, 03:08 PM)QUOTE Kit, my focus wasn't on the "creation of a sequel" but on what happened next and how that stuff I quoted can be explained.

Well, too bad for you, if they do make a sequel, you'll get a K-ON with Madoka characters instead.
Someone didn't like Hidamari Sketch...

Never really cared to watch, since I'm not big on the genre. Frankly, if I need my fill of typical slice-of-life non-plot school comedy, I can just wipe the dust off my Azumanga DVD and re-watch that.

Not my point though, I was just saying, I think if Madoka with its witty troll attack against the annoying mindless otaku with typical cliches as the bait gets fashioned into a straight-faced manifestation of the very "otaku values" it was screwing with, that'd be a pretty unfortunate example of dark irony, no?

QUOTE Unpossilble!

I think you misspelled "Impossibru!"

I just had to post this.
The best Madoka picture ever

Three movies were just announced. Two of them are a recap of the series and one will be a new story.

Source

Im defenitely looking forward for the new movie.

Interesting.

I will be waiting for the new story part also
tongue.gif
Because the show's so epic, you can't watch recaps to enjoy it o_O

Okay there is a good reason to cast a thread necromancy here, and I'll tell you why. It would seem to me that the first two of three Madoka Magica movies are kind of doing a multi country deal here. Also, luckily enough I managed to watch said two of three movies here.

Pretty much it's SHAFT's way of doing a Copy Pasta of the TV series, granted some scenes were added, while others were taken out. The first movie was rather good, but near the end they kind of went with the episode ending bits there.

As for the second one it seemed that SHAFT wanted to troll people by putting the old TV opening in the middle of the entire series it seemed. Although it did feel rather out of place, but at the same time it could of been used as an end credits ordeal.

So this series aired back in Winter 2011, almost 2 years ago.....why am I only watching it now? I don't even know why it took me so long to watch this series, it only took me about 5 and a 1/2 hours to complete it.

First of all, this anime is probably the best "mahou shoujo" anime ever, I don't think I have actually watched anything that comes close to it in the magical girl department....oh wait, I don't want to include Shakugan no Shana in this genre, I find SnS more of a shounen series rather than a mahou shoujo one, I know they can be both but in this occasion I'm going to keep separate.

For me this series just turned the mahou shoujo genre on it's head and I knew from the get go that Kyubei was no good but I guess that can't be helped since his species don't really have emotions, the ones who do are regarded as mentally disturbed. Kyubei's reasoning is frightening enough but this series takes everything up a notch with deaths, betrayals and revelations.

The OPs and EDs are quite simply amazing and was really surprised that the band, Kalafina did one of the EDs.

The animation is done in typical SHAFT fashion that never gets old for me.

The character development is engrossing and the tragedy that befalls these girls honestly makes you feel for them. For a wish, they essentially killed themselves all in the name of "increasing the lifespan of the universe"......what right does Kyubei's civilisation have over the rest of the universe!?!

I knew of the hype whilst this anime was airing but during that time I had taken a break from anime and was watching more American TV series back then, I sorta regret that I did that because I spent a month watching all episodes of LOST, which was so pointless and a waste of time. I wish I was watching this series whilst it was airing.

My score for this genuine gem of a series is a masterpiece rating of 10/10.
biggrin.gif

Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (Shinhen): Hangyaku no Monogatari, (Kōhen): Eien no Monogatari & (Zenpen): Hajimari no Monogatari

Title: Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie New Feature: Rebellion, Part 2: Eternal and Part 1: Beginnings
Japanese: 劇場版 魔法少女まどか★マギカ [新編]叛逆の物語, [後編]永遠の物語 & [前編]始まりの物語
Theatrical release dates: 26/10/2013 (3), 13/10/2012 (2) & 6/10/2012 (animated film trilogy)
Genres: Dark fantasy, Drama, Horror, Magical girl, Supernatural, Tragedy
Directed by: Akiyuki Shinbo and Yukihiro Miyamoto
Producer: Atsuhiro Iwakami
Writted by: Gen Urobuchi
Music by: Yuki Kajiura
Character designer: Ume Aoki
Studio: Shaft
Movie 1 theme: "Luminous" (ルミナス) by ClariS
Movie 2 theme: "Hikari Furu" (ひかりふる, Light Falling) by Kalafina
Main cast: Madoka Kaname (鹿目 まどか) voiced by Aoi Yūki
Homura Akemi (暁美 ほむら) voiced by Chiwa Saitō
Mami Tomoe (巴 マミ) voiced by Kaori Mizuhashi
Sayaka Miki (美樹 さやか) voiced by Eri Kitamura
Kyōko Sakura (佐倉 杏子) voiced by Ai Nonaka
Kyubey (キュゥべえ) / Incubator (インキュベーター) voiced by Emiri Katō

Supporting cast: Kyōsuke Kamijō (上条 恭介) voiced by Seiko Yoshida
Hitomi Shizuki (志筑 仁美) voiced by Ryōko Shintani
Kazuko Saotome (早乙女 和子) voiced by Junko Iwao

Madoka's family: Junko Kaname (鹿目 詢子) voiced by Yūko Gotō
Tomohisa Kaname (鹿目 知久) voiced by Tetsuya Iwanaga
Tatsuya Kaname (鹿目 タツヤ) voiced by Kaori Mizuhashi
Movie 3 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnGESq_CiQY
Movies 1 & 2 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZknpyKkHIvw
BR/DVD release trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ2wOB_VTlI
Official website: http://www.madoka-magica.com/
Official website (english): http://www.madokamagicausa.com/
Official website (movies 1 & 2): http://www.madoka-magica.com/zenkouhen/
Official website (TV series): http://www.madoka-magica.com/tv/

Synopsis: In November 2011, it was announced in the December issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine that a three-part theatrical film project was in development by Shaft. The first film covers the first eight episodes of the anime series. The second film covers the final four episodes of the anime series. The first two films feature redone voices and some scenes with new animation. They were screened in selected locations in the United States and seven other countries between October 2012 and February 2013, as well as screened at Anime Festival Asia between November 10–11, 2012 in Singapore. The first two films will be released on Blu-ray Disc and DVD on July 30, 2013 in standard and collector's edition sets and is being made available for import by Aniplex of America. The third film is an original story which takes place following the events of the previous films. The film will be screened in North America by Aniplex of America and Warner Bros. Pictures in Q4 2013/Q1 2014.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Dec 23 2012, 01:38 AM)Okay there is a good reason to cast a thread necromancy here, and I'll tell you why. It would seem to me that the first two of three Madoka Magica movies are kind of doing a multi country deal here. Also, luckily enough I managed to watch said two of three movies here.

Pretty much it's SHAFT's way of doing a Copy Pasta of the TV series, granted some scenes were added, while others were taken out. The first movie was rather good, but near the end they kind of went with the episode ending bits there.well I had to necrobump here too after half a year now that the first two movies are just subbed, not much to say about them because they are recaps except for the redone voice acting... and some newly animated footage -.- anyway the third film will have totally new material, like the other two it will be screened not only at japanese teathers but also U.S.A. in a few months
happy.gif

Well to save people the time and effort on watching the two movies, pretty much if you saw the series then you're going to see the same stuff along with iffy transitions to where you could tell that the episode ended at that point.

The third movie is the one that needs to be watched since that one is the alternate storyline as to where Sayaka is actually not written out of the story somehow.

Also, the most annoying part of the second movie is pretty much felt like someone got bored and just did a full on copay pasta for the second half of the series. not only that but having a second OP song in the middle of the movie kind of threw everything off if you ask me.

Alhough the first movie was good, but had only the transition issues and that was it.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Jul 23 2013, 08:22 AM) The third movie is the one that needs to be watched since that one is the alternate storyline as to where Sayaka is actually not written out of the story somehow.
No it is not, it is a direct sequel to the second movie where Madoka no longer exists and Homura fights alone in the series. There are indeed a lot of contradicting details based on the trailers released so far (e.g. Sayaka) but from what it seems, it will focus primarily on Mami, Kyouko, and Homura. My guess is like Madoka, Sayaka will come back "spiritually" at some point in the movie but not physically appear...unless they pull some sort of deus ex machina.

QUOTE Also, the most annoying part of the second movie is pretty much felt like someone got bored and just did a full on copay pasta for the second half of the series. not only that but having a second OP song in the middle of the movie kind of threw everything off if you ask me.
Having saw the movie last year when it premiered across the globe, I thought both movies were both poor as they were copy pastes with horrible transitions. All they did was move/cut a few scenes to prevent repetition. Otherwise, they were mostly episodes threaded together end to end. Though the lyrical version of Mami's battle theme was the best moment as that was always one of the better themes in the series.

I think the real question now is what Urobuchi has planned for after the third movie. Last I recall, there was a new 2-cour Madoka series in work. I don't remember if he said it was a spin-off or another sequel though he did claim that he hoped the Madoka series would continue on far beyond the life of its creators.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back