Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Yeah, I'm gonna start this one soon.... the OVA I came across from someone on some site... didn't know there was another one or was it two, until later after checking back a few times.... they are well done, some said it included later material from the manga... but aren't these OVA's used as to test interest? to test marketing etc? They were well done... some have said the series is slow to start by comparison... typical, they took some of the best stuff for the 'test' OVAs.... they could insert them later into the series, if approapriate... as memories or just for linear storytelling.

gdpetti said:
some said it included later material from the manga... but aren't these OVA's used as to test interest? to test marketing etc? They were well done... some have said the series is slow to start by comparison... typical, they took some of the best stuff for the 'test' OVAs.... they could insert them later into the series, if approapriate... as memories or just for linear storytelling.
if That's really the case then I'll wait to see them all until it's confirmed, I trust fellow FTV pals reading this manga ;/... about ep.8 too bad they couldn't kill its annoying mage trap, like Chise i guess Isabel was a SB (tombstone name):huh:

Watched the first 5 eps... decided to watch the dubbed version... which is a few behind obviously.... but it's so much nicer to not have to read the dialogue and just watch and listen.... The only real difference between the series and the OVAs, except for starting as they first meet, is that the series uses some chibi characterization at times... not much, but it seems to be to lighten the otherwise darker melancholic tone of the storyline... sort of reminds me of the animation in those Irish works, "Song of the Sea" and "The Secret of Kells"... same mystical foreboding affect.

gdpetti said:
Ah, the dub is only at ep 5, so not sure what you mean by 'annoying mage trap'? something cliche? too tropey?
you'll see who i mean soon (trap meme) ;/ i tried ep'1 dubbed, it's ok but vega isnt spelled right so i'll stick with sub... calm #9 from hikikomori Elias to Chise walking her familiar and MiLf visits, i don't mind if Joel's vampire haunts me :d

Damn, you're using names... either I don't remember the character names or the dubbed version isn't up to their character yet... and I don't remember the character names from the OVAs either. :wacko: Never been good with names.
There was an interesting writeup on this, mostly from the manga I think, over on animefeminist.com... which has some interesting takes on storylines from time to time.

Ah, the dub is only at ep 5, so not sure what you mean by 'annoying mage trap'? something cliche? too tropey?

gdpetti said:
the OVAs covered that 'library' storyline of her past that was excellent... so far, the anime series seems in slow mode.. it's good, but it's doing the usual anthromopho routine...
Ep.10 didnt feel As slow with her going back to that dragon land, being 24 eps long i thought she would get a wand later... The preview of this arc about Elias and Lindel's past hints Chise's next, I wonder if I need to see its 0VAs?:mellow:

Masich said:
Mahou Tsukai no Yome!, There is a god of anime after all! Honestly, if the series follows the manga, I'm sold, but I honestly dislike the prologue OVA's. Guess it only exist to sell it before hand.

Oh well, for me personally, with Mahou Tsukai no Yome season, I'm already happy :)
Well, this is to show that any person at some point may be eating his/her own words... I dropped Mahou Tsukai no Yome as Anime and Manga series in its entirety. Anime basicly showed me that which I overlooked in the manga. (Chise's Development).
Also dropped Blend S, because I'm sure I've seen it before! (Not Working!!) but a series that was old, lasted very long and was more about Pastries. So... dropped it as I got bored of it.

My last hope... Give me a good last episode & Special Net-Juu no Susume!

gdpetti said:
Others have said that the OVA material will most likely show up later... but they are of a higher caliber than the anime, especially that library stuff... higher in artistic and story development, which is why I wanted to see the anime series... so far, the setup for this series is no where near that caliber.. that first show of the auction should have been done way better... we just don't know WTH she is.. yes, they are giving us some details bit by bit, but it seems that in their storyline, the audience(those that haven't read the manga) need a better setup
seeing ep'11 i guess she'll tell Elias more about herself soon, both have a lot in common like quick on learning magic... yet bad at cooking xD 'thank goodness for Silky', maybe is better if he doesn't remember who (or what) used to be :eek:

You didn't like the OVAs? Those were seriously very well done.... better than the series... but I'm watching the dub, so it's behind... but the OVAs covered that 'library' storyline of her past that was excellent... so far, the anime series seems in slow mode.. it's good, but it's doing the usual anthromopho routine... I read that Japan does this a lot... aspects of animism etc... past cultural habits pushed into the 'modern' world faster than the usual.. so many aspects/symbols remain... and this is included in this storyline.... which complicates the world we know to include everything as 'equal'... which is isn't... but once you give them a voice, it seems to... some of the Yokai stuff is ok, but it makes you think this is a story from a century or two ago.... but it's an aspect of Japanese cultural traditions, so :rolleyes: Harry Potter has similar issues.

I hope this storyline gets back on track... and concentrates on her/him and those around them.. putting a face/voice on literally anything that moves moves it into the comedy space more than anything....you lose the dramatic undertone completely.... it's still the quality of those OVAs I'm looking for... I sort of wish they'd spent more time on her auction etc.. to set the scene better... instead of just jumping ahead without any explanation and then doing the usual fill-in later... but that's a personal preference... sometimes it does work out ok... like in that Ballroom series... it seemed like the moment I complained about these 'issues', they were dealt with. :huh: Ok,, not the emoji I was looking for, but ;)

Personally, I prefer the anime versions of the manga stories by far.. they bring it to life... it's hard to me to look at the manga afterwards... even if the anime series has stopped... I just find it hard to go back to simple pictures when you've had so much more. <_< I won't drop this... those OVAs showed what is coming, if not the potential... and I'm interested in seeing how the storyline is handled... at least up to those OVA points in the story... but then, I didn't read the manga, so the story is new to me.. and IMO, that changes everything... which, again, is why I'm interested in understanding the anime industry so much... it seems to illustrate the same issue of an old culture pushed ahead of its time.... which is typical of most businesses... they focus on maintaining control of the pie as is, instead of innovating to create a new pie...... and this failure to change creates all their problems in the future as their share of the pie gets threatened.... same anywhere, in every facet/venue.

That said, I'm glad to wait and fast forward through the OP/EPs etc when possible... I do have to admit an exception for "New Game" and it's K-On like OP :D I works so well... not likely to be found in the manga, right?

gdpetti said:
I'm watching the dub version, so I finished ep8... 3 behind... but I do prefer to watch/listen and not have to read all the time... unless I feel the dub is bad, but that problem seems less a factor these days... I suppose due to other international pickups that pay for them... though the fandubs weren't always bad, just hearing the same voices too often in parts I wouldn't have cast them in... but no one else dubbed it, so? ;)

On ep 8... they are developing the characters... fleshing out their personas... filling us in our their past/present/situations.... this is a style of writing that can mess up if they writer waits too long to fill the audience in on stuff they should know... IMO anyway... tell us too much and it can get boring... too little and nothing makes sense or it gets frustrating.
#9 was just dubbed ;p about ep'12 cool seeing her turn into a phoenix, sign of rebirth now as she finished that wand... free to fly until magic lasts so after its full 0P, I wonder if 2nd cour will start with new ED too telling by the preview :)

Others have said that the OVA material will most likely show up later... but they are of a higher caliber than the anime, especially that library stuff... higher in artistic and story development, which is why I wanted to see the anime series... so far, the setup for this series is no where near that caliber.. that first show of the auction should have been done way better... we just don't know WTH she is.. yes, they are giving us some details bit by bit, but it seems that in their storyline, the audience(those that haven't read the manga) need a better setup, but if anime is mostly made to sell the manga, all of this might not matter... all of which is why I'm still interested in understanding that biz... it seems most of it is used to sell other product from the manga/LN/music... but a few make it to 'primetime'... and if popular enough, get the regular series treatment... not sure what the regular market is like there, as so much has gone to the net at this point, that tv ratings don't matter too much, especially if anime is serving the ad market like our music videos here in the States.... those aren't meant to make money, they're part of the ad budget to sell that other product.... if this is so, it makes sense to see how most anime is marketed late night, odd hours, OVAs, etc... it's mostly a byproduct... unless it becomes the next Naruto... was that one shown in primetime in Japan?

gdpetti said:
I think the real problem with this one is our male MC, who doesn't seem to know where he came from... and is still unexplained...he just showed up one day to that dino watcher/protector... .and the story is stepping on tiptoes around both MCs background... only little tidbits each ep... which is rather real, but boring for a weekly format.
they're still learning from each other, she at magic yet he of humans so now... half of ep'14 is sad, boring manga? check out Golden Boy's author interview b)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A16zuJJbu3g

I'm watching the dub version, so I finished ep8... 3 behind... but I do prefer to watch/listen and not have to read all the time... unless I feel the dub is bad, but that problem seems less a factor these days... I suppose due to other international pickups that pay for them... though the fandubs weren't always bad, just hearing the same voices too often in parts I wouldn't have cast them in... but no one else dubbed it, so? ;)

On ep 8... they are developing the characters... fleshing out their personas... filling us in our their past/present/situations.... this is a style of writing that can mess up if they writer waits too long to fill the audience in on stuff they should know... IMO anyway... tell us too much and it can get boring... too little and nothing makes sense or it gets frustrating. Maybe it's because of those OVA's? They were rather 'full' compared to this slowed down pacing of the series... a pace that affects what and how much we learn of the characters... as this is really just a character piece... the action seems more background setting... maybe my problem is that the audience for this assumes we know the usual setting/worldview for this genre? so they don't need filling in as much? We did see our mangus real look as a 'fea' or magical creature of some sort.. a mixed breed or half breed with 'human' being the other half? Isn't that the setup for his character? Our MC girl was given a better setup/explanation in the OVAs... so I feel I know her better... seeing her as a child.... which reminded me of the Superman story.. I always thought the best stuff was his youth... that TV show of his supposed high school self - Smallville?- was ok at first, but then everyone in town had to get superpowers for one ep... got to be ridiculous... this show is starting to enter a different world/dimension more and more... seems to leave ours behind more and more.... which again, was better explained/setup in the OVAs.. I might watch them again. ^_^

PS... the setup is usually the best part... as I said with Superman.... Batman... Spiderman... or with Harry Potter... his introduction to the being 'magical' and the whole 'magical world' compared to his 'muggle' or normal life... the line of demarcation was clear, not as amorphous as this anime... which doesn't have to be a problem, but hopefully the setting/worldview gets explained better soon... it's getting in the way I think... no wonder the OVAs were done as they were... must have spent more money on them too... the use of color was great in the library scenes... reminded me of the animation in the film 'Your Name'... oh well.

The Ancient Magus' Bride cour'2, new enemy or ally? turn her into a foxy lady!

Airing date: 7/10/2017 (TV series 24 episodes)
Genres: Romance, Drama, Supernatural, Mystery, Fantasy, Slice of Life, Shounen
Episode directors: Yōko Kanemori (TV) and Atsushi Kobayashi (OVA 3)
Sub-character designer: Masafumi Yokota (OVAs)
Art director: Yusuke Takeda
Animation directors: Reina Igawa (TV) and Mitsuaki Takabe (OVA 3)
Special effects director: Kumiko Taniguchi (TV)
Special effects by: Ayumi Arahata (TV)
Art design by: Ayami Hidaka, Seiki Tamura and Yukie Inose (OVAs)
Background art by: Bamboo (OVAs)
2D work by: Chie Nishitani
Color design by: Yuko Kobari
Prop design by: Naoko Kōda and Saki Hasegawa (OVAs)
Editing by: Daisuke Imai
Animation producer: Hiroya Hasegawa (OVAs)
Producers: Hirotsugu Ose, Toshio Iizuka, Masao Itō and George Wada (TV)
Planning by: Production I.G
Network: AT-X, MX, MBS, TVA, TVS, CTC, BS11, HBC
Opening theme: "Here" by JUNNA
Ending theme: "Wa" (環 -cycle-) by Hana Itoki
2nd OP theme: "You" by May'n
2nd ED theme: "Tsuki no Mō Hanbun (月のもう半分 / The Moon is Already a Half Moon)" by AIKI & AKINO from bless4
OVAs ED theme: "Clockwork Quick and Lightning Slow" by Julia Shortreed

Main cast: Chise Hatori (羽鳥智世) / Sleigh Beggy Slay Vega (スレイ・ベガ) voiced by Dani Chambers (EN)
Elias Ainsworth "Pilum Muralis" / Thorn Mage "Child of Thorns" (エリアス・エインズワース) voiced by Brian Mathis (EN)
Angelica Varley (アンジェリカ・バーレイ) voiced by Janelle Lutz (EN)
Simon Kalm (サイモン・カラム) voiced by Tyler Carson (EN)
Mikhail Renfred (ミハイル・レンフレッド) voiced by Satoshi Hino (JP) and Jarrod Greene (EN)
Alice (アリス) voiced by Mutsumi Tamura (JP) and Jennifer Green (EN)
Seth Noel (セス・ノエル) voiced by Junichi Suwabe

Silky (シルキー) / Silver (銀) voiced by Rachel Glass (EN)
Ruth (ルツ) / Ulysse (ユリシィ) voiced by Austin Tindle (EN)
Lindenbaum "Lindel" / Echoes "Song of Flowers" (リンデル) voiced by Daisuke Namikawa (JP) and Todd Haberkorn (EN)
Titania (ティターニア) voiced by Sayaka Ohara (JP) and Colleen Clinkenbeard (EN)
Oberon (オベロン) voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi (JP) and Joel McDonald (EN)
Cartaphilius "Joseph" / Wandering Jew "Magician of the Flow" (カルタフィルス) voiced by Ayumu Murase (JP) and Josh Grelle (EN)
Leanan Sídhe (リャナン・シー) / Redcurrant (レッドカラント) voiced by Saori Hayami (JP) and Morgan Garrett (EN)
Hoshi Matsu Hito OVAs: Riichi Miura (三浦理一) voiced by Takahiro Sakurai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0k03OaDDfk
Supporting cast: Spriggan (スプリガン) voiced by Hiroki Yasumoto (JP) and Chris Ryan (EN)
Rahab (ラバブ) voiced by Mitsuishi Kotono (JP) and Lydia Mackay (EN)
Ashen Eye (灰の目) voiced by Jōji Nakata

Synopsis: Elias admits he has no experience of emotions except for feeling cold when Chise was gone and warm when she returned. Chise recognises this as loneliness and promises to be teach him human things. While showing scenes of Chise studying her magic books, we see the books that Angelica sent her, including the story book that was the main item in the OVA episodes.

Later, they are visited by a faerie acquaintance of Elias named Ashen Eye who gives Chise a “gift” for capturing and binding his fellow spirits. He traps Chise in an animal skin, transforming her into a fox.

gdpetti said:
I didn't read the manga, so the story is new to me.. and IMO, that changes everything... which, again, is why I'm interested in understanding the anime industry so much... it seems to illustrate the same issue of an old culture pushed ahead of its time.... which is typical of most businesses... they focus on maintaining control of the pie as is, instead of innovating to create a new pie...... and this failure to change creates all their problems in the future as their share of the pie gets threatened.... same anywhere, in every facet/venue.

That said, I'm glad to wait and fast forward through the OP/EPs etc when possible...
well after 1 week break its dub is catching up, a bit better new 0P/ED in #13!;)

Those songs are ok... don't really remember them much.... I rarely listen to them unless I really like them... some are catchy little JPop songs and others are rather cool jazzy ones like that one for the anime on the team that did the new version of their companies dictionary... that one was rather nice... .listened to it every time.

That said, I'm not sure how far this story is going, but those OVAs... or at least the first two? were what really got my attention... they had much more 'punch', at least emotionally.. faster paced it seemed, not sure... but this anime is rather slow by comparison and so much else about their world setup could be explained.... I think Eccentric Family, which I just finished the 2 cours on, is better, but it's a comedy, this is a drama. I think the real problem with this one is our male MC, who doesn't seem to know where he came from... and is still unexplained...he just showed up one day to that dino watcher/protector... .and the story is stepping on tiptoes around both MCs background... only little tidbits each ep... which is rather real, but boring for a weekly format.

gdpetti said:
Still watching Magus Bride.... good, but not as good as the OVAs... this series is going slow by comparison.
i read lately it has 0VA related stuff like a book, guess i Must see them after all ;/ so again chise almost dies in ep'15... yet half interesting about Silky's past as sad banshee, i wonder if the cartaphilus is changeling? they really look alike :eek:

THis one has a good setup and writing... characters... pacing is slow.... I really liked the ep on Silky's past.... rather dramatic.... more like the OVAs... they are pushing our MC health issue more given her 'magical' status.... the writing is nice, but the characters should be filled out more by now that they are doing.... so slow.... The 'magus' character reminds me of "No Name" in that Ghibili thing....they really haven't explained him much at all... like he just popped into existence in a previous episode... 'magic like'... which is a problem.... they are utilizing too many such characters without proper explanation/characterization..... which is needed when the action is so slow paced.... and this last ep with the other 'magus' type was rather stupid IMO.... I've seen that done before and don't like it... the words the kids said... <_<

Masich said:
I dropped Mahou Tsukai no Yome as Anime and Manga series in its entirety. Anime basicly showed me that which I overlooked in the manga. (Chise's Development).
Also dropped Blend S, because I'm sure I've seen it before! (Not Working!!) but a series that was old, lasted very long and was more about Pastries. So... dropped it as I got bored of it.

My last hope... Give me a good last episode & Special Net-Juu no Susume!
rarely i drop a whole series for one single character i hate (like BlaClo), Blend'S didn't bore me but yes NnS AotS (fall)... sadly ep'16 was 1·month late to get in my Xmas list, still nice with Alice as new friend and when she met Renfred!^_^

Yes the pacing is slow so I can give you that there, and yes it does have it's nice slice of life moments especially with Silky there. I never would of guessed she was once a banshee there.

gdpetti said:
they are utilizing too many such characters without proper explanation/characterization..... which is needed when the action is so slow paced.... and this last ep with the other 'magus' type was rather stupid IMO.... I've seen that done before and don't like it... the words the kids said... <_<
yup that's classic' given why villains like to play around, telling by this preview after #17 the First one will strike back... I'm more interested on how Elias met MILFgelica or Silky, yet IM0 Space Bros is slower (triple recap in 99 eps+0VAs):(

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back