Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (2014)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 27 2014, 05:34 AM) I think I might need start reading the mangas and LNs for this series....which one should I start off with?

EDIT #1:-

I got too interested and read some pretty damn major spoilers.....damn I'm a f**king retard. I'm gonna start reading either the manga or LN, not sure which one I should start off with.
I'd suggest reading the LN, the Manga scanlations aren't that far ahead of the anime so far, stopping just slightly on the way into the Nine Schools Competition Arc. (another 2~4 episodes?) The Nine Schools Competition Arc is where the story really picks up, and Tatsuya's friends and the military both really start to take their parts in the story.

Don't feel too bad about spoiling it for yourself. Most of the story hasn't even come out yet. This story covers their entire 3 year stay in highschool, although I suspect that they'll never finish their senior year on account of WW4 or something.

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 27 2014, 07:41 PM) Don't feel too bad about spoiling it for yourself. Most of the story hasn't even come out yet. This story covers their entire 3 year stay in highschool, although I suspect that they'll never finish their senior year on account of WW4 or something.
What I spoiled for myself was how and what Tatsuya lost , which I reckon is a huge deal but I'm gonna start reading the LN soon.

QUOTE (Norren @ Apr 26 2014, 11:37 PM)And then certain characters are just getting played... differently.  Ono-sensei doesn't look like OreImo's obaachan in the books... She actually looks and acts her age in the novels... and that scene had a rather different meaning than the one it seemed to have here.

But, I digress.  Finally we get the beginning of Miyuki and Tatsuya's mysteries unfolding at the end of this episode with a name drop, and the allusions to our antagonists.  Things will happen rather abruptly, from here.
QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Apr 27 2014, 06:34 AM)You know me, I don't usually drop series but damn this one....I almost dropped it but I didn't because I saw how much "love" Marine and many other have for this series, so I'll be sticking with this one even though I really hate the "incest" yandere aspects of it, I wouldn't mind the yandere clinginess if the girl was someone who wasn't there sister, I mean you do see it occasionally in anime but never to this level but at least it wasn't as bad as that segment in the previous episode.yeah Ono's loli face and seiyuu dont fit at all with her behavior and smexy body unlike Kimberley, by example again from Machinedoll so a similar character like her would have been more fitting instead... i agree that Miyuki's jealousy gag is getting old specially in ep.5 but it ended abruptly as Norren said, so I was right about the guy from Blanche and by their attack this arc is reaching its climax
smile.gif

Damn this show is so good, can't wait for the Blanche leader to make his debut, he sorta looks like Suzaku from Code Geass.

Also, his mother looks like a damn seductress.
laugh.gif

More importantly, I want the next arc to start, which should be in 2 or 3 episodes. I wanna meet Masaki, he considers Tatsuya as a rival.
biggrin.gif

EDIT:

I need a 2nd season!!

Finally, we get into the meat of the first chapter!
laugh.gif

The action this EP gives a glimpse of how effective Magic Technicians can be in combat. I'm looking forward to next episode... Mibu vs Erika is something I've wanted to see animated for a while.

JDCRanzer, are sure you're talking about the Blanche leader? It's Ichijou Masaki that looks like Suzaku in the OP.

QUOTE (Norren @ May 05 2014, 08:33 PM) Finally, we get into the meat of the first chapter!
laugh.gif

The action this EP gives a glimpse of how effective Magic Technicians can be in combat. I'm looking forward to next episode... Mibu vs Erika is something I've wanted to see animated for a while.

JDCRanzer, are sure you're talking about the Blanche leader? It's Ichijou Masaki that looks like Suzaku in the OP.
Yea, I forgot to correct myself. Masaki was the one I meant, he should be coming in the next arc. However, the Blanche leader is one annoying scum though. Also, I'm looking forward to the Erika vs Mibu match too but it'll be a short one though.

QUOTE (Norren @ May 05 2014, 02:33 PM)Finally, we get into the meat of the first chapter!
laugh.gif

The action this EP gives a glimpse of how effective Magic Technicians can be in combat. I'm looking forward to next episod
QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 4 2014, 02:48 AM)Damn this show is so good, can't wait for the Blanche leader to make his debut, he sorta looks like Suzaku from Code Geass.Tsukasa was the one pulling strings in that attack but he isn't Blanche leader :/ IMO today the highlight fight was Erika vs. Mibu, who helped terrorists because she misunderstood Mari -.- great ep'6 so i'm looking forward to its arc finale ^^
btw if anyone else haven't seen these3 specials titled Yoku Wakaru Mahouka:
wink.gif

Awesome episode, can't get enough of it. It's so awesome that this getting animated.
biggrin.gif

Yea Kirihara finally shows his "love" for Mibu.
laugh.gif

if you thought the previous episode was awesome then check out ep.7 specially its first half, besides Erika teasing MibuxKiri in the 2nd half got quite interesting with hints about what'll come next... so her misunderstanding was by Blanche's Japanese branch leader who twisted her memories, he was lucky losing only an arm ¬¬ now that the 3rd High antagonists debuted finally a new arc will start
smile.gif

All I think of is Suzaku from Code Geass when I look at the new antagonist. He looks like a direct copy of that character design.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 17 2014, 10:12 PM) All I think of is Suzaku from Code Geass when I look at the new antagonist. He looks like a direct copy of that character design.
Lolz that's exactly what I thought too.

EDIT #1:

Episode 07 was good and it was nice to see Kirihara and Mibu become a pair by the end of it. Hilarious how Tatsuya helped Kirihara score some points from Mibu on how he valiantly fought the Blanche for Mibu's sake.
laugh.gif

Okay at the end of this episode I have to say we now have someone close to Spinzaku now, but I don't think he'll be doing any of those tripple spin kick this time around.
laugh.gif

Also, the leader of the Blanche organization tried to pull a Lelouch and failed horribly here. Although this episode kind of felt like an excercept from the Code Getass series, which isn't a bad thing never the less when properly executed of course.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 04 2014, 02:48 AM)Damn this show is so good, can't wait for the Blanche leader to make his debut, he sorta looks like Suzaku from Code Geass.
QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 17 2014, 04:12 PM)All I think of is Suzaku from Code Geass when I look at the new antagonistdouble déjà vu? ;p still must be a pain for Tatsuya to deal with an international crime syndicate, disciplinary committee and now engineering staff telling by his failed escape from that nomination ;/... now that I saw Miyuki casted the Flying Spell in her Mirage Bat costume she's closer to be mahou shoujo, with all this 9 Schools competition turns more interesting targeted by the No-Head Dragons
ohmy.gif

This Anime started out with giving the impression that it would go a bit like Strike the Blood, now with
the way of episode chapter naming, it does and the same counts for the story in a way...
But!...no.. wait, it gives me the same feeling of being intrigued just like Strike the Blood, yet, even if I
count the whole brother-complex in it , it keeps being intriguing , which makes me keep on watching it.

Animation is nicely done , Story is intriguing , only downside was having a slow beginning before being thrown into the real situation with explaining.
I had my doubts about this series with the first 2 episodes, but it was removed as the first plot
continued.

i didn't have high expections either with the first arc beginning slowly but that's comprehensible, considering this series will be 2-cours long there are too many characters and concepts being introduced... like in the 'accident' of ep.10 about what's magic cancel or the Patriarch's prank, but Miyuki: "I've never thought of him as a potential love interest" in the mandatory onsen was just too much
laugh.gif

Just watched episode 9 and 10 back-to-back, that was delicious!

Masich, so Strike the Blood is similar to Mahouka or gives a similar feel like Mahouka....this means that I definitely have to check it out.

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jun 08 2014, 04:58 PM)
Masich, so Strike the Blood is similar to Mahouka or gives a similar feel like Mahouka....this means that I definitely have to check it out.

Well Strike the blood and Mahouka are pretty much the same, only real difference (Aside from the 1 having vampires/shamans/demons ect and the other Magic technology). is the 1 has a harem genre and the other... a brother complex.

Mahouka is still airing, so can't really fully compare it yet, but at the moment, I think the only question at the end will be : which one is easier to watch?
A Harem crossed with a little bit of fan service, but more action and several Story Arcs with each a plot, its villains and at the final having a good ending. (Strike The Blood)
Or... so far known, a Anime with good story & development, but, is also a bit slow and has a sister loves brother issue/stuff or... I don't know anymore ><. Either way it's the 1 thing that keeps me from watching a episode fully(Still watch it, but skipping the sister stuff), which is annoying if those parts sometimes include development of the story or other characters><. (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei)

Masich, dude you should definitely not be skipping anything in Mahouka...yeah, earlier scenes in the series were a little uncomfortable but if you compare it to OreImo or even Yosuga, Mahouka is a hell of a lot tamer. There are specific reasons for why there seems to be a brother complex in the series, so I advise you again "Don't skip anything" and go back watch the scenes you skipped because they're probably not as bad, only 2 scenes in the entire series so far, is where I was a tad uncomfortable but that's because the first time, you unaware of the sister having such a complex and the 2nd scene happened in the following episode if I recall and it felt like it came out of nowhere but since then, nothing has been uncomfortable to watch since then in the series. I have a younger sister, so I'm not into the whole brother and sister shit, however, as Miyuki said in the latest episode that she does not see her older brother as a lover interest...those words mean something. Lol, they mean the damn opposite unfortunately but again there are reasons as to why to a certain extent.

Aye, Miyuki's antics can be facepalm worthy, but skipping the scenes can be painful because they usually have some sort of important conversation topic that the two can't say around other characters due to various confidentiality issues. Also, I think I mentioned it before, but based on the intro, I believe they're bumping up the flashback chapter in the order of things, it seems like it might come after or during the Nine Schools arc instead of after the Yokohama Incident arc. The Flashback chapter makes all of Miyuki and Tatsuya's antics make sense, including the epic doubletalk line Miyuki managed to drop in the onsen.
rolleyes.gif
(The book makes it a little more clear that NO ONE in that Onsen believed her.
tongue.gif
)

It helps to know that Miyuki and Tatsuya were raised separately, so Miyuki doesn't have the natural aversions that she would have if she had grown up with Tatsuya. For Tatsuya's part, he has some exceedingly unique circumstances that were alluded to in his exchange with his father.

As far as the other characters go, hurray, Mikihiko scenes! Mikihiko is our supporting protagonist for the volume, much in the same sort of way that Waver Velvet was the supporting protagonist for Fate/Zero. His personal hero's journey in this arc is quite good, and it starts with his exchange with Tatsuya at the end of Ep 10.

Did I miss Kei and Kanon's introduction? I've been a little out of it the last few weeks, so I may have just spaced it, but it seemed like they just threw them at us in the anime, with little to no explanation of who they are.

JCDRANZER
As I said in my last reply : (which is annoying if those parts sometimes include development of the story or other characters><). Trust me, I'm already up to date, because I do re-watch a episode fully after I notice that I missed something important. Else I didn't notice it in the first place
tongue.gif
, The only downside is, that no matter what the anime throws at the moment with explanation about the 2, I do find myself standing in safety distance at all times, as it were^^.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back