megaupload gone free?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

askara

-san
Kouhai
hey recently i realised that megaupload wait time was removed and i get unlimted paralle downloads, logined in with free account or not. but the website stated free account get 25s wait time and no paralle download, it is only happening to me or same with everyone?

QUOTE (askara @ Aug 10 2009, 11:05 AM) hey recently i realised that megaupload wait time was removed and i get unlimted paralle downloads, logined in with free account or not. but the website stated free account get 25s wait time and no paralle download, it is only happening to me or same with everyone?
I believe that in the evenings or at night when there are not many people using the service they make it so there is no wait time so that you will use their service more.

I can't confirm that there is no wait only during certain times though as I don't use the service enough to tell. I have however noticed the lack of a wait time.

I've noticed this quite a bit ago, it may only be available in the US but I'm not 100% on that. Without an account, I have no wait time and unlimited parallel downloading whether it be day or night. At first it was limited as stated then it started up with no wait time at all with only 3 downloads at a time but now it appears to have gone unlimited for me and for quite a bit of other people as well. I can confirm that there's still a wait time in some areas such as Mexico (one DL at a time). Anywhere else, I'm still unsure about.

there's still a wait time in the UK unless you subscribe to the service emi-hime
sad.gif
can I come over there and borrow your internet connection?
tongue.gif

Thanks Gus, I would gladly be willing to share if I didn't already have so many leechers. ;P
Gomen ne~ >_o;

hmm i live in uk as well. and i didnt download megatool bar so no happy hour for me anyway.

my connection alway been a bit funny anyway. like for a few month connection speed drop to 35kps at 6 pm exact and now torrent slow down at to few kbps at 1200-2200 even when there are few thousand seeder.

I'm in Canada, and this has been happening for me as well. I have never signed up with MU, downloaded a toolbar, or done anything different. But you're right, the page still says free users have wait times and download limits, so I have no idea why it's suddenly happening. Unless it's like langes01x says, and we're hitting off times when they removed the limits? (I know rapidshare use to have a happy hour, but they announced when it was in effect whereas Megaupload says nothing)

I suppose we should just happily accept it!
wink.gif

Im in the Uk and have no wait at all. I signed up but even when i dont sign i still have no wait.

i agree with Chiisai, we should just happily acept it. lol Even although thats probably what most of us have started to do.
laugh.gif

My guess someone running the MU site probably said the hell with it and left the no wait switch for free users on or something. Although I still d/l one item at a time from them just incase though.

Last night there was no wait time for me and today the wait time is back.
Too bad... I was able to download files much faster without it. >_o
Too good of things never last forever~ It's such a wonderful thing. :3

Ah yeah I thought something was wrong, but I did not care as I would only get one download at a time. IMO I think it was a limited time thing in few selected countries and it was good. Have not gotten anythin from it lately cause I mostly use deposit files or other places for DDL. If no waiting is gone on MU then I will miss it
tongue.gif
wink.gif
... JAANA~ (^_-)b

Hooray! It's back to being wait-time free for me! ^__^
I'm just too impatient for wait-times, with MU I can catch up on anime pretty fast. :3

I think it might be that either someone figgured it out and went back to the timer, but it seems like it's now back to the no wait time.

My guess either someone from the inside is doing it, or it might be something else that I'm not entirly sure of speaking about.
unsure.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back