MiniTokyo Scans

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

chiisai_hana

-nipah!
Retired
When you download a scan off MT, what file type is it? I can't open scans in anything except my Window's picture browser or IE which is completely useless. I've tried resaving in IE as a jpeg, but it's still no good. Is there a way to fix this so that I can open it in a picture editor, or at the very least, Microsoft Word?

I'm trying to shrink images to print off, by the way.

What is the extension of the file you downloaded??

Photoshop will surely be able to open it. But if you don't have it, there is a free replacement you can download. Its called GIMP and is free, runs on windows and is powerfull and rather user friendly.
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/

First of all you can open it with photoshop and paint shop pro or any of those kind of programs. Second i am also a member on MT and i also know that they have a section on the forum where members can ask those type of questions
wink.gif

QUOTE (Bold @ Feb 23 2006, 11:05 AM) What is the extension of the file you downloaded??
That's the problem, there is none. It just calls it a file and I can't figure out what any of the images are saved as. When I attempt to resave it allows jpeg or bitmap, but neither works and it's still this weird filetype.

I'll try GIMP though and see what happens. My editor (Picture It!) doesn't even recognize it, not does anything else on my computer.

QUOTE also know that they have a section on the forum where members can ask those type of questions

I assumed there was, and I was trying to find it, but MT has always been one of the slowest sites for me, and after waiting five minutes or more for each forum-style page to load, I gave up and came here.

Edit: It's working now with GIMP, thanks Bold. I lied. While I can get it to open in GIMP, when I re-save it as jpeg, the file is still not recognized by any of my applications.

Edit 2: Got it working with MS Paint, of all things. Still like to know what kind of file MT uses (all my images downloaded off of there are like that) but yeah, I can change the file type now so I'm good. Thanks guys.

i had the same problem when i tried to save pictures from there . but then i released once i changed the name to it then i was able to view it without that picture browers

QUOTE (chiisai_hana @ Feb 23 2006, 04:12 PM) Edit 2: Got it working with MS Paint, of all things.
If it worked with MS paint it was a bitmap, gif or jpeg. Those are the only format supported by paint.

Make sure your system does not hide "know file extension"
Open "my computer"
tools -> "view" (tab at the top) -> in the list, uncheck "hide file extensions for know file types"

Hm, while I unchecked that, it still doesn't do anything. And it didn't automatically come up in Paint, either. I had to select 'show all files' for them to even be recognized since they don't show up as image files at all. I'm resaving them with image file extentions in Paint though, and the new files are fine.

there Jpeg files and they to open fine in Paintshop, Fireworks and MS Paint. They even come up in that lil Fax and 'thingy' Viewer that windows previews stuff in.

I heard that is a great site for Wallpaper is it true.

QUOTE (ultima2096 @ Feb 23 2006, 09:39 PM) there Jpeg files and they to open fine in Paintshop, Fireworks and MS Paint. They even come up in that lil Fax and 'thingy' Viewer that windows previews stuff in.
Hm, that's weird that they don't open like other jpegs then. Oh well, so long as Paint will open them I can change the file types. (Actually, the fax viewer was the only thing I could get them to open in for months
dry.gif
)

QUOTE I heard that is a great site for Wallpaper is it true.

there is a nice selection of wallpapers available there and I even noticed a shakugan no shana section as well *thumbs up* for them
biggrin.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back