Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
full

Japanese: 先輩がうざい後輩の話
Airing date: 10/10/2021 (Sunday release)
Episodes: 12
Genres: Romance, comedy, slice-of-life
Studio: Doga Kobo
monsta recommends for: If you like Uzaki Likes to Hang Out or Nagatoro then you will like this. It a romantic/comedy of a similar ilk.

Synopsis: Futaba Igarashi is new at her job and wants to prove herself by leaving a good impression to the top brass. Problem is her senpai is sooo annoying! She finds him loud, obnoxious, patronising and worst of all… He treats her like a child! Irritated by his attitude, she lambasts him constantly but then, sometimes he can be nice and and, there are times he can even be kind and thoughtful… It is not like she likes him… No! HE IS annoying!

Trailer:

Thoughts: The struggle is real for Futaba in more ways than one! Not only must she struggle with her new job trying to prove herself to her new co-workers but she must overcome her insecurities over her slight stature. Things are not helped by her loud and boisterous senpai Takeda who always seems to find a way in pushing Futaba's buttons! Not that is hard or anything. This contrast in behaviours between the nervous Futaba and the laidback Takeda works well and we get a quite a number of funny moments from the pair in the first couple of episodes already. Futaba's outburst at the end of the episode followed by the night after was one of the bigger highlights so far.

On top of this comedy act we also get some brewing romance in not one but two couples! You don't see that very often in anime so it is a nice change. How these relationships develops is anyone's guess though. My Senpai is Annoying is a definitely a series that doesn't take itself so seriously; it is just one of those more simple (guilty pleasures?) romantic/comedies which tells it own staple of jokes that I am sure fans of this genre will be all to familiar with. If you like series such as Uzaki Wants to Hang Out or Nagatoro then it is quite likely you will like this. I like such series so I am giving this a 7/10.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back