Nanatsu no Taizai

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
uTXg4YR.jpg

Title: Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins)
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Supernatural, Shounen
Premier: 5th October 2014
Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures
Director: Okamura Tensai
Original Creator: Suzuki Nakaba
Official Website:

Plot:
The "Seven Deadly Sins," a group of evil knights who conspired to overthrow the kingdom of Britannia, were said to have been eradicated by the Holy Knights, although some claim that they still live. Ten years later, the Holy Knights have staged a Coup d'état and captured the king, becoming the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. Elizabeth, the king's third daughter, sets out on a journey to find the "Seven Deadly Sins," and to enlist their help in taking back the kingdom.
(~from Red Hawk NEO~)

You better have a good reason for not watching this anime!!!

This anime is so damn f**king good, the best action fantasy adventure anime I have seen in a while, which I know it will be because the manga is just pure gold but damn the first impressions have been brilliant.

I'm still catching up, I'll report back once I'm done.

EDIT #1:

Yes, I know FSN is also airing this season but come on, most of us watched FSN years ago and know most of the alternate routes and endings from the visual novel. I'm still going to watch it because it's Type-Moon but Nanatsu is really impressing me right now.

This show has certainly been a lot of fun so far. Only downside to it right now is Meliodas's nonchalant sexual harassment of Elizabeth got old after the first time. Too many butt and boob grabs for no reason. If they can drop that then I wouldn't really have any complaints.

Been following the manga for awhile.

It's fun, it's brainless but I only really watch it because it gives me that late 90s/early 00s shounen nostalgia when I first started watching Naruto and Bleach.

I consider it a shounified version of Ubel Blatt's maybe. Similar premise.

QUOTE (franzoir @ Oct 23 2014, 09:11 PM) Been following the manga for awhile.

It's fun, it's brainless but I only really watch it because it gives me that late 90s/early 00s shounen nostalgia when I first started watching Naruto and Bleach.

I consider it a shounified version of Ubel Blatt's maybe. Similar premise.
Yeah, I don't know why there hasn't been an anime for Ubel Blatt yet, maybe next year for it's 10th anniversary.

I quite like the show so far, and my earlier post was a ploy to get ppl to talk about this. I mean Akame ga Kill takes the cake for the time being but Nanatsu no Taizai's development is great and there's more plot to enjoy too, which Akame suffers from a lack of since it's constantly in a state of sudden death, with characters getting fleshed out just before dying horribly.

I really like the anime because it reminds me of One Piece, which I haven't seen in a while.

When I first started reading this, I honestly thought it was 30 years old. The art style seems very retro to me. I honestly hadn't thought about the similarities between this and Ubel Blatt, but I agree that it has some resemblance.

I still haven't watched the first few eps of this yet, will try to at some point soon. Been wanting to see how it looks animated. Ban's shenanigans are always awesome.

Episode 4 keeps the tension up with the official introduction of Ban. I'm really loving this adaptation.

Oh yeah, I just found out that Shokugeki no Soma is getting an anime, this is awesome news.

A very fun show which did nothing offensively bad but nothing that stood out either. I guess the lack of comments in the thread signifies a very simple plot with nothing really to speculate or get invested in. The best character, ofcourse were Ban and King as their character/backstory were quite unique for a run of the mill shounen.

There is no real problem with this series but as I mentioned it lacks the 'super saiyan' effect. That watercooler moment action series thrives on. The closest the creators got was Gilthunder switching sides... maybe.

Even so... this series was great way to spend a lazy sunday afternoon.

7/10

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back