Natsu no Arashi

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Me, I'm feeling really sad for Jun-chan. Still, it seems like Arashi will steal all of the spotlight.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Nov 29 2009, 11:18 PM) Me, I'm feeling really sad for Jun-chan. Still, it seems like Arashi will steal all of the spotlight.
I could sympathize with her... IF it weren't for the fact that Jun hid her gender from him. It just seems to me that she killed her own chances due to her own simple stubbornness.

Btw, for some reason I now thinking that Hajime simply waits every summer for Sayoko to show up; leading up to the current summer in which he is narrating the story... whether or not he has been seeing her every summer up until the most current one is still unknown though.
dry.gif
Hopefully the manga author will choose a somewhat happy path on this one.

Well, as far as I can see, the author narrates the whole thing as a giant flashback (hence the old guy voice and stuff). Judging from the way it's told, it's probably the first and the only time they met until the narration, although it's not unlikely that they meet again at a later date. I don't think any sort of generic "happy end" is logically possible here...

That said, Cyanide and Hapiness did something that feels very similar to the NnA running gag...

timetraveler5.png

I was always under the impression that this was just for that single summer since the narrator, a much older Hajime always says something along of the lines of always remembering that summer.
Have yet to watch 9 though so don't know if that sheds any kind of new light.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Nov 30 2009, 11:47 AM) Well, as far as I can see, the author narrates the whole thing as a giant flashback (hence the old guy voice and stuff). Judging from the way it's told, it's probably the first and the only time they met until the narration, although it's not unlikely that they meet again at a later date. I don't think any sort of generic "happy end" is logically possible here...
Hmm, but wouldn't him seeing her again be a happy ending...? For ghost story type anime/manga thats a pretty generic ending, thats why I hoped the author might pick that path.
unsure.gif

@Barbo: Yeah, I think your right there. It was probably only one summer; yet the reason why he hasn't met her afterwards was never given... and I don't accept that crappy excuse Sayoto gives him; so the manga author (in this case anime script writer) better think of a good reason.
tongue.gif

Yay loli Arashi, so cuuuute!

They had those generic blue school swimsuits in the pre-war era? ;-)

This episode highlights what I love about this show. It can go from pure slapstick madness to heartfelt dramatic stories like this one without skipping a beat. Hajime kicked ass, BTW. However, even though his time-travel logic told him that Arashi would be OK, if you think about it, there was no reason to believe he would have come out of that confrontation unharmed, so it was a great display of bravery too.

i wonder if that means she wouldnt mind being with him then...
well even if that isnt so i definately like the direction this show is going

Geez, Yasaka is such a brat. Still, the cross-dressing gag lives on. Sigh, well at least Jun got some screen time.

Also, nice to see them being able to pull off a "SALT" joke even if the character himself does not appear in the episode.

the older looking jun was pretty hot... knowing she is gonna look like that in a few years is a bit refreshing
even though hajime loves arshi and she loves him i would rather him be paired with jun...
but oh well
its still a good anime

Meh, Arashi is still way better looking; you can't beat those eyes. Yet, looking at it from a more serious point of view... Hajime needs to find someone else, because the fact still remains that Arashi is a ghost; thus there really is no way he can be with her unless he is fine with a few months each year, no family, and whatever else I can't think of right this moment...
dry.gif

I started watching the 2nd season last night and got up to episodes 04. From the get-go for season 2, there definitely has been an up in the romance department. I woke up this morning to continue watching up to episode 07. I think the last 2 episodes have been kinda not so lovey-dovey but good enough for me to have a big grin whilst watching them.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

The first 3 eps I watched were by SFW and 4 to 7 have been done by Commie. I have the episodes 8 to 10 by Commie and ep 11 and 12 by HorribleSubs. I feel that Cang-Su might have better video quality than HorribleSubs but I actually have no idea though. Thats why I have requested it at the request thread because they don't have an IRC channel or even a website....just an e-mail address, which kinda sucks.
wink.gif

The manga I believe has about 36 chapters released in Japan, I don't know where to get the RAWs though but 14 chapters have been scanlated but the last release was back in 20th September 2009.......ages ago.
dry.gif

I know many compare this series to School Rumble as its done by the same author and the fact that School Rumble ended and the way it finished......many fans were angry and dissatisifed by it I think. Also the fact that the author instead just decided to continue Natsu no Arashi, many have complained that its not as funny as SR and stuff like that.
wink.gif

For me SR and Natsu no Arashi are completely 2 different mangas. The anime for Natsu no Arashi is just simply awesome and would love SHAFT to make as many seasons for the series as well as get a chance to read the manga up to its latest chapter.
rolleyes.gif

The reason why there is about 36 chapters is because the manga is serialized monthly, whereas, SR was done weekly. Hence, I'm not too sure if there is enough material for perhaps a 3rd season. I think a 3rd season will come but most likely late 2010 or even 2011 and I hope SHAFT make another season of SZS as well.
biggrin.gif

I'm not going to read ur guys' post just yet and I'll wait till I've at least watched up to episode 10.
rolleyes.gif

I've just watched up to episode 12 of the 2nd season. I watched episode 11 and 12 by Cang-Su and I must say the fansub group's quality is very very good......I was kinda shocked by it because they do quick releases.
rolleyes.gif

I downloaded the final episode by HorribleSubs, which they renamed as DigitalSubs but it doesn't look that great, so I might wait for Cang-Su's version and I hope it comes before the end of the year.
wink.gif

Episode 12 was pretty funny but it hasn't really developed since episode 10 though..........ep 12 was pretty much showing us that both Hajime and Arashi love each other by their actions by preventing their first kiss being stolen meaninglessly.
rolleyes.gif

Hajime is a great MAIN because he's a very noble character in my eyes.
rolleyes.gif

I love the 2nd season more and its definitely heading towards a 9.5/10 or even a 10/10. The 2nd season is definitely MY FAVOURITE of the Fall 2009 season, keeping in mind I haven't watched Asura Cryin' 2 yet but I have pretty much watched everything else like Nyan Koi, Kimi ni Todoke, Umineko, White Album Season 2, Darker than BLACK Season 2, Seitokai no Ichizon, 11 eyes, The Sacred Blacksmith and Sora no Otoshimono.
rolleyes.gif

Yay, they're screwing with us again. Too bad it wasn't quite as mind-rapy as School Rumble Season 1 end, but the very beginning of the ep was pretty cool.

Also, seems like they decided to break pretty much every running gag in the episode, and I must say, succeeded. Strangely, the world didn't explode when salt was delivered. A bit of a disappointment I guess.

Seeing how they left themselves wide open for another season, I'm hoping that more will come eventually. Season 2 wasn't quite as good as 1, I missed all the cool time-trips to wartime Japan, but it was still decent.

Finally, I leave you with a word of wisdom that describes the entire series. Also, my favorite screenshot in a while

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Dec 28 2009, 08:00 PM) Also, seems like they decided to break pretty much every running gag in the episode, and I must say, succeeded. Strangely, the world didn't explode when salt was delivered. A bit of a disappointment I guess.

Except that he needed cream, not salt!

I loved that. They closed the story arcs for all the running gags, sort of, because they are all misleads like that.

Great series, I thought it as good as season 1 and I would dearly love more of it.

I watched the final in 2009.......it was one of the last I watched that brilliant year.
biggrin.gif

My heart almost skipped a beat when I saw the 5 years in the future meeting between Hajime and Arashi-chan......I guess the matter of them departing and never seeing each other and her disappearing when SUMMER is over is always on Hajime's mind.
wink.gif

I loved it as well and like AccipterF1, I would dearly love more.......IN FACT, I will be angry with SHAFT if they did not produce a 3rd season in the near future and if its to come I would expect it late in 2010 or in 2011. We might get an OVA or something in the future a bit bit like Goku SZS that came between Zoku SZS and Zan SZS.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

This series was the best of the FALL 2009 season for me and I'm awarding this a 9.5/10.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

My heart almost skipped a beat when I saw the 5 years in the future meeting between Hajime and Arashi-chan......I guess the matter of them departing and never seeing each other and her disappearing when SUMMER is over is always on Hajime's mind. wink.gif

Except that the scene was but a product of imagination ^____^

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jan 01 2010, 04:19 PM)
Except that the scene was but a product of imagination ^____^
True but was made cause it was already in his mind that are now influencing his stories.
rolleyes.gif

I just found out that the manga ended back in September last year and found out that SHAFT will be doing one the SZS author's earlier works. I can't seem to find Natsu no Arashi! volume 8 manga RAW online at the moment...kinda sucks.
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back