Riddles 2.0

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

mamori

-sama
Sempai
sample23fb7a3efa81e6d39.jpg

As the last riddle thread has gone silent/been exhausted after 260 pages I thought as the riddle master of what will now be called 1.0, that it was time to start anew. We'll be keeping EggBeast's rules list for the most part out of convenience.

RULES!!!

1. 1 riddle at a time. No new riddles until the current one is answered!

2. If you've heard a certain riddle before, no answering! (total honor system here!)

3. If pretty much EVERYONE in the thread already knows the answer, then there's no point in keeping a riddle going because of some technicality.

4. If you get a riddle right, you can either post your own, or pass your riddle rights (henceforth known as riddlights) onto anyone else who so desires. If you don't post a new riddle or say that you're not going to post one within a day or two 2 hours 4 hours12 hours, it's fair game! No point in forcing people to come up with lame riddles now, eh?

5. Aboslutely, positively NO LAME RIDDLES! Lame riddles are, by definition, lame, and therefore have no place here! It's got to have a legitimate answer. Due to the subjective nature of this rule though, any riddle is allowed that hasn't been posted already.

6. Should some lame, unforseen circumstance come up, don't be afraid to bend the rules just a little bit! It's a riddle game for crying out loud!

7. Feel free to ask for clarification on a riddle. The riddler is free to clarify however he/she sees best fit to maintain the interests of the riddle.

8. Oh yeah, let's keep all riddles within QUOTE boxes, ok? That makes them easy to find!

9. Oh yeah, the person who asked the riddle is obligated to keep up on the current answers going around. No leaving people in the dark, eh? If you happen to ask a perfect, unsolvable riddle, you can always answer yourself, if you feel things are getting out of hand. Since it seems there's been some trouble with this lately, the current riddlemaster needs to confirm any guesses within 24 hours. You can still confirm after that, but if someone decides to start a new riddle after that, your riddle dies.

10. Live your life to the fullest! This is absolutely essential!

11. You can only guess the answer once until the Riddler has made a confirmation of the guesses. After that, you can make another guess. If you happen to make more than 1 guess between confirmations, only your first guess will be used. (so if you realize the right answer after already making a guess, wait until after the next confirmation to post it, or someone else can just steal your answer, and become the next Riddle-Master!) In addition to that, any additional guesses may or may not be deleted with or without notification. (not that I have any say in it)

12. It looks like we're keeping score now. A "Score-Master" shall keep track of how many times someone correctly answers a riddle. Whoever has answered the most riddles by the end of the year (or another time period, should it so be desired) shall receive the title of Riddle Master. (Mamori will act as initial scorekeeper at least)

13. If you guess a riddle right, but let someone else give the next riddle, you cannot answer their riddle. If you do post an answer, it will not be counted, and anyone is free to steal it. This is to prevent any abuse of the scoring system, should things ever get intense.

---------------

SPECIAL NOTE: All riddles in the previous thread are FREE GAME. I think it's been long enough that people will have forgotten the exact answer, in which case they may make guesses. You may also search for riddles to ASK in that thread, but MAY NOT search for the answers to an asked question (ie, if you're asking you can search it, it not don't go there to find the answer to a riddle someone has asked in this thread).

-------------------

That being said...

QUOTE I cause rain in sunlight,
and flames at night.
I may appear as something beautiful,
or perhaps something wise.
But when you discover what I am,
I’ll run away and hide.
what am I.

I love rule #10!!!!!!
laugh.gif

Anyways, could the answer be... a deep sense of self-loathing?
biggrin.gif

I'm thinking Inari or foxes...

It's said that the that rain that happens during daylight is the kitsune's wedding (you can see this in ARIA). They are often seen as fire controlling kami and also wise (you can see Wagaya Oinari-sama). It's also said you'll never see a fox follow you. If you do spot one, they'll probably run away and hide...

Hmm, I'll give it to truth2belief, since it is foxes (i.e. kistune). just remember only one guess at a time
wink.gif

inari, foxes, kitsune... All really the same thing

Sorry for not responding. Let me continue this thread...

Here's something more... vernacular? Here's my riddle:
QUOTE I sang a song and became popular
a song that you may be familiar
Yet I can't sing a song on my own
but all over the internet I am known
You may have seen me when you download animes
but I may look a couple different ways
either dressed in green
or all in black you may have seen

Vocaloid (Hatsune Miku).
rolleyes.gif

Well it was easy T2B.
laugh.gif

Here's my riddle....its pretty easy: -

QUOTE A dead man is found in a locked room, hanging from the ceiling 4 ft. above the floor. The room is completely empty, except for a puddle of water below him. How did he die ?

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Dec 04 2009, 06:36 AM) Well it was easy T2B.
laugh.gif

Here's my riddle....its pretty easy: -

Gah, a good majority of people aren't going to be able to answer this question because it's so well known...That is unless someone decides to 'cheat' and answer anyway. This isn't a riddle with an easily discovered answer, its more of a joke with a hidden punchline that they have to ask "how" to for it to continue.
Nevertheless~

I must agree with chaos... I think most of us have heard this riddle before. Everyone, come on. Honesty, lol? XD This may take a while for someone to actually not know it and guess it, maybe you can give a shot as to making up your own, Jcdranzer? Lolz, visit the old riddle thread for, lets say, inspiration.

He stood on a 4ft block of ice. ice melted, man died. i win.

I guess this 2.0 isn't well known yet, or maybe people are bored of riddles.
blink.gif

well heres a riddle that i posted on riddles (1.0, lol) but nobody answered to it on page 260. I changed it up a little bit. Hopefully people will come check it out!

QUOTE Look at me with hands,
Or just watch with your eyes.
I come in many forms:
normal, small, or full.
I am two letters,
But sometimes one.
I can be many different things,
not just one.
I'm not just good to look at,
I am Eaten by many.
I am not close to non-existance.
What Am I?

ph34r.gif

I'm going to take Kid's answer, and modify! Pi! as in the mathematical number - 3.14 etc.
normal = 3.14, small = 3, full = 3.14159265 etc
It's two letters: pi, or one: π
not gonna bother explaining the rest since the duality between pi/pie is obvious

uhmm...If I'm right, I donate my turn to Kid-Wolf, since I'm fairly inactive as of late...

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Aug 17 2010, 12:23 AM) I'm going to take Kid's answer, and modify! Pi! as in the mathematical number - 3.14 etc.
normal = 3.14, small = 3, full = 3.14159265 etc
It's two letters: pi, or one: π
not gonna bother explaining the rest since the duality between pi/pie is obvious

uhmm...If I'm right, I donate my turn to Kid-Wolf, since I'm fairly inactive as of late...
blah, this is why I hate math so much... n = pi in algebra? I was thinking the same thing as Kid-Wolf but the part where Emmy said "I am two letter, but sometimes 1" kept making me think "pie" wouldn't work.

Blah again, curse you algebra! *shakes fist*
unsure.gif

*note to readers: I was a C/D student in high school algebra so don't chastise me please in my ignorance of LETTERS in math
tongue.gif

That's a no to

Pie (Yummy!)

Pi (3.14159265)

(EDIT) I think i should say something to clarify the answer. This line shouldn't be taken, shall we say, literally....
wink.gif

QUOTE I am two letters,
But sometimes one.

That's all for now... DUN DUN DUN!
ph34r.gif

Hmmm.... the two to one letter is giving me a problem over this.

Another wild guess tea?

No to

Tea
Pie
Pi

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back