RIFT

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

dchaosblade

- Lord of Chaos
Retired
So, there's a new MMORPG coming out soon called RIFT (<-- Click it!) that seems pretty cool. I've already participated in one of their closed betas, and they plan I believe another 3 (next one starts on the 25th) before the game is released.

This game is very well designed. It mixes and matches a whole lot of stuff from all the best MMO's out there and implements them WELL. It all just works - we're still in closed beta and I swear the game is better and less problematic than most MMOs I've played in the last 5-6 years after their releases.
It also implements a few 'new' features that are really cool and engaging - primarily are the way they handle classes and their Dynamic World system. I strongly encourage anyone looking for a good MMO to check out their website for more info.

Anyway, to get to the point of this: I already have participated in a previous closed beta event and enjoyed it so much that I preordered the game. One of the perks of this is that I've received some VIP Beta Keys that I can distribute to 25 people - these keys get you access to all the remaining Closed Beta events (including the one that starts on the 25th). If any of you are interested in trying out Rift, please, reply here and I'll be happy to share one of the keys with you.

I've also offered the keys on my Facebook, so it's 1st come 1st serve - only got 25 of them so reply quick if you want one!

Edit: Fanmade video of some footage from the last beta so you can see what the game looks like graphically: RIFT beta 4 gameplay trailer 1080p

Hey, if it's not too late, I'd like to ask you for one of those keys. Like, you I've played many muhmorpuhguhs and I've gotten tired with the same old themes and un-dynamic character system. I've been pretty bored with LotRO and I'm really excited to try something that boasts something different. Thank you kindly!

All Beta's have already ended. Game gets official release on the 1st of March. People who pre-ordered (myself included) received access yesterday for headstart (we get to play for the week prior to release to get ahead of those who didn't pre-order).

See i cant make my mind up on Rift, mainly because my rig is old and cant run newer stuff, mainly because im locked into WoW, i know Cataclysm is in a terrible mess right now, but i still cant make my mind up to switch from it to Rift..........

But it looks really good too......................

I'm enjoying rift a lot. The customization with your class is amazing and the community seems (to me) a massive deal better than that of WoW. Admittedly, in order to play the game at higher settings you will need a good computer (I'm running on an Intel i7 OC'd to 3.8GHz, with 6GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GTX 260 and still can't turn all the settings to max without dropping my fps down into the teens), though they do have a low quality renderer (which my friend uses on his old machine) and he says even with that the graphics look pretty nice.

I know a LOT of people who are switching from WoW to RIFT. Maybe talk to your guildies from WoW, convince them to make the transition with you, move the whole guild over.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Mar 16 2011, 05:44 PM) I'm enjoying rift a lot. The customization with your class is amazing and the community seems (to me) a massive deal better than that of WoW. Admittedly, in order to play the game at higher settings you will need a good computer (I'm running on an Intel i7 OC'd to 3.8GHz, with 6GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GTX 260 and still can't turn all the settings to max without dropping my fps down into the teens), though they do have a low quality renderer (which my friend uses on his old machine) and he says even with that the graphics look pretty nice.

I know a LOT of people who are switching from WoW to RIFT. Maybe talk to your guildies from WoW, convince them to make the transition with you, move the whole guild over.
Yeah quite a few of my guildies are thinking of switching over, not enterily since we have alll invested alot of time into WoW, so were thinking of playing Rift until Cataclysm gets sorted, then play both.

But i have a question about the Talents tress in Rift, i like how you can mix with 3 classes at the same time as opposed to the WoW version, but is it viable to go pure with a class?

Since my affinty for necromancy would make me want to give it a try, just to be a necromancer class. Yet ive looked on the Rift forum and stuff, and everyone seems to be mixing, but is it still viable to go pure Necromancer or are you kinda forced to mix. Since i dont want to be forced to pick my set up based on viablity, like what WoW did to my totaly fun Shockadin on WoW.

Even though im still waiting for the Warhammer 40k MMO
tongue.gif

Absolutely. Well, kind of. A soul can have a max points of 51 (as in, at 51 points, you've filled every skill up to the max and there's just nothing else to do). By the time you're max level, you'll have accumulated 66 points, so you'll be spending 15 points in some other soul(s).

Further, the way the leveling works, every level you get 1 soul point, and every 3 levels you get 2 soul points. If you try to spend every single point in one soul, it'll eventually tell you you aren't allowed to spend more points in that soul until you level up. So you'll be forced to be putting some points into another soul, but it'll be like: at lvl 20, you'll have spent 20 points in your main (necro) soul and only 5 points in some secondary soul.
If you plan it well, those 5 points will be in, say...Warlock, and will be in the skill called "Magical Affinity": Increases the amount of charge your spells (all of them, including necro skills) generate by 25%. Or maybe in Elementalist's skill Biting Cold: Increases the crit hit chance of your spells by 5%. etc. Point is, they'll be of benefit to you, even if you play a pure necro and only use necro skills.

Take a look at this soul builder to play around with builds and stuff. Note, the builder does not force you to put points into another soul as you level up like the real game does (as I mentioned above), but it will be helpful to get to learn the various skills and how the system works to an extent + to help design an end-game build.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back