Sanzoku no Musume Ronja

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
TRNpqie.jpg

Title: Sanzoku no Musume Ronja
Genre: Adventure, Action, Comedy, Supernatural, Fantasy
Premier: 11th October 2014
Animation Studio: Studio Ghibli & Polygon Pictures
Director: Miyazaki Gorou
Original Creator: Astrid Lindgren
Official Website:

Plot:
The story is about a girl named Ronja who is the daughter of a chief of a tribe of bandits and lives in a huge castle in the forest with the bandits. The story follows Ronja as she encounters mystical creatures, makes friends with another young child like herself, and experiences life in the forest.
(~from MAL~)

After watching the trailer and what looks like clunky awkward CGI animation...not sure I will be able to watch it. Some folks on MAL are comparing the animation style to that of Sidonia no Kishi...not so as Sidonia did a much better job with their CGI, I think anyway.

Take a looksee and judge for yourselves with regards to this Studio Ghibli production:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taVjOeA4o3g

I am wondering what it might have looked like had PA Works or Bones animated this one...would have been a grand adventure.
wink.gif

Kind of interesting, kind of weird.

Most of the Designs look good when posed optimally, but the rigging and animation weighting is just... off. I wonder why they didn't actually animate this?

It still might pan out, but it looks like they recycled assets from a game or something instead of building everything for TV.

Looking at the credits, am I remembering right that Miyazaki Gorou is the son that doesn't actually want to be a director?

This is one series i won't be watching anymore. I saw the raws and the animation is horrible. What did they think to use so much CGI? I can only say that if you want to see the story: go and watch the movie which is old but way better.

Hmm. I have seen better animation from 10 years ago, but that being said, it could be an interesting piece for a side thing.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back