Scariest Video Games of All Time

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

InuyashaX

-Hokage
Kouhai
Well after browsing some youtube vids on most scariest games/game moments I decided to make a thread devoted to the discussion purely on scary games.

Have you ever been scared by a game? If so, which game? And please share your story lols

Honestly thanks to the advancements in graphics, rendering and lighting, games can achieve that Hollywood horror film look. Thanks to these advancement games like Doom 3, F.E.A.R, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, ect will always have a special bone chilling place in our hearts.

For me, I dont think I've ever been more scared playing a game than in Doom 3, ugh... so scary, I couldnt play it alone or at night lols at the time. Theres been many moments where I would nearly jump out of my chair or express some kind of shock. For me, the scariest gaming moment would be looking into the bathtub in Eternal Darkness, when I first saw that I screamed and I almost never scream when I get frightened.

Good timesXD

QUOTE (InuyashaX @ Feb 04 2009, 11:15 PM) Well after browsing some youtube vids on most scariest games/game moments I decided to make a thread devoted to the discussion purely on scary games.

Have you ever been scared by a game? If so, which game? And please share your story lols

Honestly thanks to the advancements in graphics, rendering and lighting, games can achieve that Hollywood horror film look. Thanks to these advancement games like Doom 3, F.E.A.R, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, ect will always have a special bone chilling place in our hearts.

For me, I dont think I've ever been more scared playing a game than in Doom 3, ugh... so scary, I couldnt play it alone or at night lols at the time. Theres been many moments where I would nearly jump out of my chair or express some kind of shock. For me, the scariest gaming moment would be looking into the bathtub in Eternal Darkness, when I first saw that I screamed and I almost never scream when I get frightened.

Good timesXD
Mine would have to be back in 1996, when I played RE1 on the Playstation; the part where the dogs jump out at you made me almost piss myself.

QUOTE (Fivezeroes @ Feb 04 2009, 11:36 PM) Mine would have to be back in 1996, when I played RE1 on the Playstation; the part where the dogs jump out at you made me almost piss myself.
Yea Resident Evil was one of the first games to implement random, scary events happening like that damn dog jumping outta the window...

Those completly random things really pack a punch. Even the classic games like AVP for the Jaguar were considered scary cause since back in the day they didnt have the technology to add foot step sounds so when an enemy came at you the only way to know about them is by getting attacked and by then your already shocked...

I find the most scariest moments are when you know somethings gonna happen but it hasn't happened yet and all you can do is wait until it happens....

The scariest game I ever played was Fatal Frame on the PS2. My little brother act was watching me play it and actually ran out of the room. Unfortunately he got caught by the cord and brought the ps with him so I had to start over so I never finished it. NOt something you want to play alone in the dark.

QUOTE (ZeroGT97 @ Feb 05 2009, 12:05 AM) The scariest game I ever played was Fatal Frame on the PS2. My little brother act was watching me play it and actually ran out of the room. Unfortunately he got caught by the cord and brought the ps with him so I had to start over so I never finished it. NOt something you want to play alone in the dark.
Part 1 or 2? Crimson Butterfly really scared me.

Hmm scariest game i played was condemned on xbox 360 it scared the shit out of me some part the was suffering that scared me on some bit when monster appear out of no where.

did not find Resident evil to scare me if i remember correctly

i have fatal frame 1 and 2 but played only 2 played bit scary but not one that make me jump.

...DEAD SPACE hands down. The utter Silence creates so much tension then BAM!

FEAR also was quite the jump but theres no real pressure because the scares dont end up actually touching/damaging your actual character.

RE Games arent really that scary, the earlier ones before 4 provided some good atmosphere. I would have to say the Silent Hill games were much scarier then the RE Games.

QUOTE (Prideless @ Feb 05 2009, 06:04 PM) ...DEAD SPACE hands down. The utter Silence creates so much tension then BAM!

FEAR also was quite the jump but theres no real pressure because the scares dont end up actually touching/damaging your actual character.

RE Games arent really that scary, the earlier ones before 4 provided some good atmosphere. I would have to say the Silent Hill games were much scarier then the RE Games.
silent hills was good game scary game i remember first one that scared me just bit

QUOTE (iamdeath @ Feb 05 2009, 03:40 AM)Hmm scariest game i played was condemned on xbox 360 it scared the shit out of me some part the was suffering that scared me on some bit when monster appear out of no where.

did not find Resident evil to scare me if i remember correctly

i have fatal frame 1 and 2 but played only 2 played bit scary but not one that make me jump.
I had forgotten about condemned. I only played the demo of the original when it came out a long time aog, but I remember it being really damn creepy and scary.

Played the REmake on gamecube was probably one of the scariest games I ever played back when it came out. I hadn't played any RE game before REmake, but I remember staying over my friends house and I would stay the night and we'd wait until it was really late and play with the lights off just to make it extra creepy. The first time those dogs jump through the window can really scare the s**t out of you.

Well... I'm actually a fan of scary games but don't play them because I get scared too easily xDD
One of the scariest moments gotta be the dogs at resident evil, I even screamed when I was playing the DS version in daylight XDD It completely caught me off guard xD
Second is when I got scared sh*tless when trying all the action buttons of the Dead Space demo xD I was like, *pressing, pressing, character suddenly stomps and the whole screen shakes* Sh*t! xD

Then, there's Condemned for the 360, I was so afraid I had to turn off the sound, and listen to Caramelldansen xDDD
That's just how much of a coward I am when it's too scary games xD

Oh yeah! forgot about F.E.A.R, the sounds scared the heck out of me even when I wasn't playing xD

Gears of War. This game was just gory to the max for me in terms of action. I'm not a fan of blood and gore, but usually nothing much scares me.
Now if we want to talk dialogue wise.....Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Matsuri Kakera Asobi gave me a jolt with the Usoda! line XD

Let's see: silent hill (nice town, evil people), the suffering (where did those nasty creatures keep coming from), bioshock (when you're in the medical wing and all the lights go out...oh, dear) and alone in the dark (who is afraid of shadows....well, i am if there is something that wants to bite you is in it). Condemned also comes to mind

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Feb 05 2009, 11:29 PM) I had forgotten about condemned. I only played the demo of the original when it came out a long time aog, but I remember it being really damn creepy and scary.

Played the REmake on gamecube was probably one of the scariest games I ever played back when it came out. I hadn't played any RE game before REmake, but I remember staying over my friends house and I would stay the night and we'd wait until it was really late and play with the lights off just to make it extra creepy. The first time those dogs jump through the window can really scare the crap out of you.
Yeah you should play it in the dark playing condemned removed scary the crap out of you

[Moderator's Note: language]

probably resident evil?
but then i was more scared when i saw a cover of this game where it was a dark theme of Alice in Wonderland.
Instead of the blue dress Alice is usually wearing, it was black. Then Alice on the cover was holding a knife smeared with blood, and the cat has this evil grin.
Talk about destroying a childhood dream.

i know that alice game
smile.gif
. She sure ain't a sweet girl anymore
laugh.gif
hmm, i forgot one other game which sure frightens me: the thing..i watched the movie and afterwards i played the game which is a followup of this movie. Well let's just say if you think the movie is scary look what happens if you control the action..

QUOTE (nyammy_kumi @ Feb 06 2009, 08:37 AM) probably resident evil?
but then i was more scared when i saw a cover of this game where it was a dark theme of Alice in Wonderland.
Instead of the blue dress Alice is usually wearing, it was black. Then Alice on the cover was holding a knife smeared with blood, and the cat has this evil grin.
Talk about destroying a childhood dream.
American Mcgee's Alice.

Try playing silent hill games at night its scary and condemned it scary

QUOTE (iamdeath @ Feb 07 2009, 09:25 PM) Try playing silent hill games at night its scary and condemned it scary
try playing left for dead against me when im a tank sniping you with rocks.

QUOTE (noob @ Feb 08 2009, 01:41 PM) try playing left for dead against me when im a tank sniping you with rocks.
I've played left 4 dead Online and off line it's scary as when u get spew on and hord of zombies come rushing at u

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back