Science VS. Religion

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
So what you're saying is, when they say that people have the right to their own sexuality (or something to that effect), it actually only applies to some sexualities?

Meh

He says that two consenting adults have the right to their own sexuality (and by adults, I mean sexually mature, which may be lower than 18 in most countries).

Heterosexuality is a relation between two consenting adults.
Homosexuality is a relation between two consenting adults.

Paedophily is not between two consenting adults.
Zoophily is not between two consenting adults.
Necrophily is not between two consenting adults.
Rape is not between two consenting adults.

It's easy, right ?

QUOTE How can theories be "absolute"?
I did not say that the theories were absolute. I said the laws were. When I throw a ball upwards, it always comes down. That is absolute. Theories are the best, most accurate, and up to date explanations of these laws. Theories can change, be improved, etc. But the law - the actual existence - of gravity remains absolute. Evolution is the same thing. It does exist. It is absolute. The theory of evolution is the best up to date explanation of it.

QUOTE Now that you know some of it, feel free to say what you think.
I'm afraid I have nothing to say on this matter. I wont voice an opinion unless I can get both sides of the story. But it does help me to understand your position better.

QUOTE QUOTE I have no problems with how a relationship is, that is true. But it seems to me that you are suggesting that homosexuality is a choice;That's what they say.
I'm not interested in what they say. I want to know your opinion.

QUOTE But it's not okay to reject gays or their ways?
I never suggested anything for or against that statement. I think you're missing the point. I said that they are saying it's okay to be gay, not "come join us."

QUOTE I was talking about heterosexual couples who are not fit to raise kids and honor their marriage vows.
A person's marriage status has nothing to do with how fit they are to raise children. A married couple, a divorced parent, and a single (never married) parent all can be equally great or terrible parents. But that's just plain common sense. Sexuality has nothing to do with it either.

QUOTE So what you're saying is, when they say that people have the right to their own sexuality (or something to that effect), it actually only applies to some sexualities?
Please see Dalriada's post. Hetero/homo-sexuality is a relationship between two consenting adults. Pedo/necro/etc-phelia is not. That's why it's not called "pedosexual."

QUOTE (JustGravy @ Nov 26 2008, 09:24 AM) I did not say that the theories were absolute. I said the laws were. When I throw a ball upwards, it always comes down. That is absolute. Theories are the best, most accurate, and up to date explanations of these laws. Theories can change, be improved, etc. But the law - the actual existence - of gravity remains absolute. Evolution is the same thing. It does exist. It is absolute. The theory of evolution is the best up to date explanation of it.
Okay, got it.

QUOTE I'm afraid I have nothing to say on this matter. I wont voice an opinion unless I can get both sides of the story. But it does help me to understand your position better.
Well, that's a nice of way of saying "Sorry, but I can't just say anything against gays." Not really surprised, considering how a lot of people never run out of things to say against God or religion, but when it comes to gays and the gay culture, they have nothing but respect. As Dalriada had said, "a very common story". I wonder if you'd reserve your opinion like that if the case involved instead a female victim and male harassers.

And how does it help you? And are you actually expecting to get an accurate account from sexual harassers?

QUOTE I'm not interested in what they say. I want to know your opinion.
Homosexuality is simply the sexual attraction to beings of the same gender, or perceived/regarded to be of the same gender.

QUOTE I never suggested anything for or against that statement. I think you're missing the point. I said that they are saying it's okay to be gay, not "come join us."
I apologize then. But with that "it's okay" thing, comes something along the lines of "it's okay for gay people to harass (sexually or otherwise) other people because they're gay, they're really like that, that's what they do". That's what I've been consistently told by completely unrelated people when I told them about the sexual harassment incidents I've experienced.

QUOTE A person's marriage status has nothing to do with how fit they are to raise children. A married couple, a divorced parent, and a single (never married) parent all can be equally great or terrible parents. But that's just plain common sense. Sexuality has nothing to do with it either.
How many people have divorced because of sexuality-related matters? "Cheating" has nothing to do with sexuality?

What I was merely saying that just because people plan to have kids in the future, doesn't necessarily make them fit to start a family. I think the constant complaining of some parents about how bad it is to have kids and how they might have been better off not having kids, and the increasing divorce rates, support my view that there's more to starting a family than just having kids.

QUOTE Please see Dalriada's post. Hetero/homo-sexuality is a relationship between two consenting adults. Pedo/necro/etc-phelia is not. That's why it's not called "pedosexual."
Doesn't "pansexuality" cover pedophilia, zoophilia, and sexual attraction for inanimate objects?

Please, I don't want to take the job of the mods...

But it's a thread on the links (or lack of) between science and religion.
There's already a thread on homosexuality, I'll be delighted to smash Casshern's puny arguments, but let's keep some order in the thoughtful section.
The discussion is going in every direction, and therefore nowhere, which is never good for a debate.

QUOTE (CASSHERNxLYUZE @ Nov 26 2008, 05:03 PM)

Doesn't "pansexuality" cover pedophilia, zoophilia, and sexual attraction for inanimate objects?
from wiki:

Pansexuality, anthrosexuality (anthro- literally meaning human, human sexual), or omnisexuality[1] is a sexual orientation characterized by the potential for aesthetic attraction, romantic love, or sexual desire for people, regardless of their gender identity or biological sex. Thus, pansexuality includes potential attraction to people who do not fit into the gender binary of male/female. Some pansexuals suggest that they are gender-blind; that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others.[2]

so no, you're wrong.

QUOTE (mamori @ Nov 26 2008, 08:24 PM) from wiki:

Pansexuality, anthrosexuality (anthro- literally meaning human, human sexual), or omnisexuality[1] is a sexual orientation characterized by the potential for aesthetic attraction, romantic love, or sexual desire for people, regardless of their gender identity or biological sex.
So I should take this as pansexuality being exclusive of potential aesthetic attraction, romantic love, or sexual desire for children, animals, corpses, or inanimate objects? How that distinguishes pansexuality from bisexuality, I don't know.

QUOTE Thus, pansexuality includes potential attraction to people who do not fit into the gender binary of male/female.
Of course, you know that "includes" does not necessarily equate to "is limited to", yes?

QUOTE Some pansexuals suggest that they are gender-blind; that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others.[2]
How much study has been put into this "suggestion", and how authoritative is that wiki article, for you to just say that I'm wrong based on them? Besides, I was asking a question, not making a declarative statement.

By the way, the prefix "pan-" means "all", not "personality", "person", "emotion", "regardless of gender", "arbitrary" or "subjective".

To Dalriada:
Then tell the others to just stop defending/justifying homosexuality here so that part of the discussion would stop.

EDIT:
By the way, I reviewed one of your previous posts and I noticed a problem with your argument. But first...

QUOTE He says that two consenting adults have the right to their own sexuality (and by adults, I mean sexually mature, which may be lower than 18 in most countries).
Define "sexually mature".

QUOTE Heterosexuality is a relation between two consenting adults.
Homosexuality is a relation between two consenting adults.
So what you're saying is; if "Adult Person A" is sexually attracted to "Adult Person B" who doesn't consent to it, that neither constitutes heterosexuality or homosexuality since either only applies when there's a relation/relationship AND when there's mutual consent AND between only two adults? So, three or more homosexual men, all consensually engaging in a sexual orgy, is not homosexuality?

You're going to smash my "puny arguments" with that kind of reasoning?
sad.gif

QUOTE Zoophily is not between two consenting adults.
If it's illegal because there is no consent on part of the animal, then based on the same logic, killing animals should be illegal as well.

the term "Pansexuality" when used properly, refers to the lack of definition of attraction based on gender or sex, with specifically pansexual used instead of bisexual as bisexual implies there are only two sexes, where there are not.

"Sexually Mature" is when one is able to both physically and mentally deal with the act of intercourse and it's consequences (ie: children). Most states in the US picked the arbitrary number of 18 to designate someone as "sexually mature," though of course this number varies from culture to culture, and by person to person for true "sexual maturity."

ignore the "two." the point being that the relationship is between people who are aware and willing in what they are participating in.

many animal rights groups do make that claim, which ethically makes sense or not depending on your religious beliefs of entitlement, or beliefs in rights of "others" without the same level of self awareness as yourself.

This thread is getting off-topic; it more about sexuality than science vs religion. If people want to debate sexuality please use the homosexuality thread.
Homo Sexuality

If you want to talk about other forms of sexuality then open another thread. DO NOT make these comments here, it is off-topic. Please listen otherwise further action maybe taken (thread closure or worse)!

That aside, the main claim made against evolution is that it is not universally accepted. I will say this, the strength of a theory should not be determined by how popular it is but how strong the evidence is. It is a common believe that people of the middle-ages thought the world was flat. This believe is not true! Just because it is a popular opinion doesn't mean it is right. So before calling a theory suspect it is best to examine all the evidence before coming to a conclusion. They say it best to form conclusions based on the evidence presented not the other way round.

Another point I would like to make is that science and religion are not mutually exclusive. The fact that science does not deny or prove the existence of god is proof to that. So it is possible for a scientist to be religious and vice-versa.

This is a FINAL WARNING. Any off topic will be deleted. Please use the appropriate topic as monsta mentioned.

I posted a reply in the "Theory of Evolution" thread only to find it suddenly locked up.

Coincidence?

Well, I decided to "educate" myself a little on the subject of evolution, and I found some relevant articles which I thought I should share in this forum. Obviously, I cannot do that as far as the most appropriate thread is concerned, as it is currently suspended. But I realized that those articles wouldn't be irrelevant here since they invlove, one way or the other, a "religious perspective", and, not only is the subject of the Theory of Evolution under the scope of Science, but also, all "Evolution-related" information previously posted here were more or less unquestioned in terms of relevance to the thread topic. With that said, here are the articles that I've read so far:

An introduction to evolution
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/a...le/0_0_0/evo_02

Flaws in the evolution theory
http://www.helium.com/items/97173-flaws-in...volution-theory

Theory of evolution From Conservapedia
http://www.conservapedia.com/Evolution

Darwin Conspiracy
http://darwinconspiracy.com/

Of course, feel free to verify for yourself any content or claim that you may find questionable.

But moving on to another matter, there is just something I would like to better address, if not properly...

QUOTE The first rule in recruitment is to tell people that others will try to convince them otherwise.
If you're looking for a t.v. and I work for BestBuy, the first thing I'm going to tell you is that CircuitCity is going to try to tell you they have it for cheaper. Then when the time comes that you visit CircuitCity and they say that they have it for cheaper, you're going to say, "Aha! BestBuy told me that you'd try to do this!" and buy your t.v. at BestBuy. This all doesn't change the fact that CircuitCity does in fact have the t.v. for cheaper.
I honestly don't know how valid this is as an analogy of the Bible or religion, so I'll leave that issue for those that have the brain for it.

But here's my two cents on this. Okay, I'll go along with your analogy for now. Let's say, and I tried my best to reconcile with your faulty and oversimplified comparison, BestBuy represents God, Jesus, Jesus' apostles, the Bible, or simply Christianity, and CircuitCity represents a school of thought whose teachings involve things that are contrary to that of the former. If someone from BestBuy claims that "the other guy will do this...", it DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN that such a claim was "untruthful", "done in bad faith", or "not in the best interest of the potential buyer", DOES IT?

And here are the problems that I see in your scenario. Firstly, salespeople start off by saying something about their goods or their company, not by preempting what "other brands" will say about theirs. Second, it isn't just a matter of which is cheaper, there are many other factors involved in product/service competition (quality being an obvious example). And thirdly, having been warned that the other brand will claim that their prices are lower is no reason not to verify the claim or make a price comparison before deciding to spend one's money.

First link : Fine, nothing to say about that.

Second link : It's just a recreational article written by a creationist.
The arguments, wonderful arguments like "Information requires a intelligent being" or "mutations are always harmful" (did this guy ever saw the X-men or gundam ?), are absolutely unproven (and I don't mean mathematically proven, since that would be impossible. I mean showing the beginning of an evidence).

Third link : Conservapedia is to wikipedia what Bill O'Reilly is to a real journalist.

Fourth link : I think this website is a joke, but it's just too stupid to be true.
Especially how the lack of mathematical formula prove that the theory of evolution is bogus.

Is you plan to make this thread closed again, by posting the most unsustained websites available and going off-topic ?

Casshern dude, not be belittle your attempts to edcuate yourself on the topic but I would strongly suggest that if you are going to quote references about a subject as complicated as genetics then you should read and quote from a genuine scientific journal or text book. If I were to use those references in a literature review on the subject I'd be be pretty much told not to use that material and do the whole piece again using at least 2 or 3 proper sources. Having done such a piece as part of nurse training (but on a different topic) I was actually told before I even started that in order to do a fair and impartial review I had to use at least 10 different sources including uptodate textbooks and journals. It's a commonly agreed thing that in order of decreasing relevance when reviewing an article it goes as follows: Journal article, textbook, expert opinion, newspapers, websites. Journals are considered the most appropriate because before an article is publiched it is checked and double checked for accuracy and so on by about 20 other people who all havea strong understanding of the subject being discussed.
Sorry for being offtopic just wanted to give some advice

hi ave lso given this topic alllllllllllot and i mean alot of thought, an came up with this religion tryz 2 xplain wat science can't yet! sort of pick it up after mens simpler minds can't...ha ha ha. anyway, i think there one and da same or gonna be one day!
smile.gif

QUOTE (oolong @ Dec 05 2008, 03:07 PM) hi ave lso given this topic alllllllllllot and i mean alot of thought, an came up with this religion tryz 2 xplain wat science can't yet! sort of pick it up after mens simpler minds can't...ha ha ha. anyway, i think there one and da same or gonna be one day!
smile.gif

Ha ha, I like that analysis, although I've got to say that I don't really agree with it. It's not religion that tries to explain the unexplainable, that's philosophy. Religion, on the other hand, involved a set a doctrine you MUST believe in, a set of morals you MUST follow, and often (at least in Christianity), includes either converting non-believers, or shunning them and letting them be thrust down into the bowels of hell. Not exactly an explanation of the unexplainable there. "God did it", doesn't really qualify as an explanation for how the cosmos came to be. It's like saying "oh, it's just magic", or even "oh, some brilliant scientist somewhere just figured it out, but it way too complicated to explain". Sure, any of them may be true, but they don't qualify as explanations.

...of course, that's a pretty generalized description, but as a whole, you don't need religion to explain something that science can't That's philosophy you'd want.

...hmm, well, have a great night everyone. 'till next time, I challenge each of you to hug a puppy!

Here's a question: Why was my last post deleted?
huh.gif

In any case, I'll just repeat something I said there...

QUOTE Second link : It's just a recreational article written by a creationist.
The arguments, wonderful arguments like "Information requires a intelligent being" or "mutations are always harmful" (did this guy ever saw the X-men or gundam ?), are absolutely unproven (and I don't mean mathematically proven, since that would be impossible. I mean showing the beginning of an evidence).

Third link : Conservapedia is to wikipedia what Bill O'Reilly is to a real journalist.

Fourth link : I think this website is a joke, but it's just too stupid to be true.
Especially how the lack of mathematical formula prove that the theory of evolution is bogus.
How about addressing the claims instead of just attacking those who stated them?

EDIT:

QUOTE includes either converting non-believers, or shunning them and letting them be thrust down into the bowels of hell
I think it's more of "not forcing them" instead of "shunning them and...". Besides, from actual experience, "non-believers" tend to be adamant about not believing in God and not wanting to believe in God. And its not even just claiming not to believe or not wanting to believe, but they also treat the subject with contempt and mockery. Why that's necessary for them, I don't know. Personally, I think it's all just some big excuse to justify or cover up any number of things in their lives that Biblical teaching puts in a bad light.

QUOTE (CASSHERNxLYUZE @ Dec 06 2008, 06:48 AM) Here's a question: Why was my last post deleted?
huh.gif

How about addressing the claims instead of just attacking those who stated them?
Remember, this is not the evolution thread. That thread was closed for a reason, and continuing the discussion here won't be appreciated (or tolerated) by the mods. It may stink, but hey, as fellow FTV'ers, we've gotta follow da' rules.

QUOTE I think it's more of "not forcing them" instead of "shunning them and...". Besides, from actual experience, "non-believers" tend to be adamant about not believing in God and not wanting to believe in God. And its not even just claiming not to believe or not wanting to believe, but they also treat the subject with contempt and mockery. Why that's necessary for them, I don't know
Well, we I say "unbeliever" in that context, I don't refer to belief in any form of god, I refer to belief in a particular religion's teachings and beliefs. Don't forget, most religions (not all, I know this) believe that other sects that may still believe in their god, don't believe in that god the correct way, or maybe they don't perform a certain ritual, or perhaps they interpret a certain story in the holy book differently, resulting in "heated debate" about land rights and such. That religion still believes the other sects will be thrust down into the bowels of hell, not just atheists/agnostics.

But realize, in this day and age, it's usually much easier to be religious than it is to be a secularist. I have never met a non-believer who hasn't put a lot of thought into religious matters. Usually, for someone to push it to the extreme and call themselves atheists/agnostic means that they have put much deliberation into it, and very comfortable with their own beliefs, as well as familiar with the beliefs of most other major religions, especially if they were already born into a particular religion. Explain to me why, then, should an atheist/agnostic be perfectly happy with religion when all the world's major holy books state that they should be immediately converted, stoned to death, that they should be considered evil, lawless, immoral heathens, and that they shall burn in hell for all eternity?

QUOTE Personally, I think it's all just some big excuse to justify or cover up any number of things in their lives that Biblical teaching puts in a bad light.
I would have to call that statement very narrow-minded. 99% of the time, atheists haven't decided to become atheists simply because they're "too lazy" or "immoral" to follow the teachings of any particular faith. Remember, belief in god does not bring with it any set of moral codes, that come with religion, and the vast array of different religions means that anyone could find any religion with any set of moral beliefs that fit their agenda (we see that happen all the time throughout history, even today). Often it's a moral value of religion that the atheist/agnostic finds revolting that leads them to leave, not the other way around. Take, for example, the very common religious values of: seeing homosexuality as a vile, unforgivable act because of a few old-testament references; believing that those who don't believe in your particular faith are hell-bound sinners who must either be converted or rejected; mutilating children's genitalia; believing that anything that doesn't support their particular faith is some Devil-derived deception; or that young children incapable of making their own decisions are, all over the world, being forced into their parent's religion, never giving the child a chance for themselves to decide what's right, what's wrong, which belief systems are sane and which are not. There is a whole number of things besides religion's demonization of sex to make them disagree with their belief system.

Of course, not all religions believe in those things I mentioned above, or, at least, don't take the punishments (usually death) to the same extremes as described in the Old Testament. Of course, these religions used to, but nowadays very, very, very few people, only the most extreme religious fanatics, take the Bible to a pure literal interpretation. Not only would they have to stone more than half the world to death (there is quite a wide list of people who need to be killed in the Old Testament), but they themselves would need to be subjected to an incredibly strict moral code which most, if not, all Christians now deem unnecessary or impractical. We see all throughout history an evolution of religion, the exact beliefs or the punishments for not following have adjusted to suit the ethical codes of the day. It just goes to show that, because everyone cherry-picks what they take as literal or not in the Bible, they're not getting their ethics from the Bible. Rather, they are simply choosing the teachings that they most agree with.

It's important to realize that (in the words of Barack Obama) religion does not have a monopoly on morals. It just goes to show, an atheist doesn't need science to be an atheist.

QUOTE (CASSHERNxLYUZE @ Dec 06 2008, 12:48 PM)Here's a question: Why was my last post deleted?
huh.gif

Most likely your previous post violated the rules. Please read the rules for the thoughtful section before posting:
Section rules

You need to support all your statements. This does not mean it has to have scientific proof, merely you should explain the reasoning behind your conclusions. It also helps to stay on-topic, no comments about sexuality etc in the science vs religion thread. If you're still unsure feel free to PM a mod!
wink.gif

QUOTE (CASSHERNxLYUZE)I think it's more of "not forcing them" instead of "shunning them and...". Besides, from actual experience, "non-believers" tend to be adamant about not believing in God and not wanting to believe in God. And its not even just claiming not to believe or not wanting to believe, but they also treat the subject with contempt and mockery. Why that's necessary for them, I don't know. Personally, I think it's all just some big excuse to justify or cover up any number of things in their lives that Biblical teaching puts in a bad light.
I don't think there is any problem with anyone having strong beliefs. If someone is a devote Christian/Muslim etc it doesn't really matter; people are entitled to their opinions. Problems tend to happen when people force their opinion onto other people. This is not fair and not everyone will support those beliefs. Besides if a person is only following a religion to avoid trouble they are not true followers. It may sound ridiculous but it does happen.

On the flip side you do get some atheist who force their opinion onto others. They often ridicule other religions and may even show contempt to people who are religious citing science is the true answer. Then again this isn't a problem of science but a problem of believes. Science, unlike religion does not have a code of morals or believes that people must adhere to. Its main function is to present facts about the world around us. Sure there are scientific laws and theories but none of these are absolute and can change over time.

In either case if someone is forcing their believes on a scientific field over religion it is not a problem of science (it's function isn't to disprove theories/beliefs) but a problem with attitudes.

QUOTE (EggBeast @ Dec 06 2008, 09:46 PM)I have never met a non-believer who hasn't put a lot of thought into religious matters
I've known many people who don't believe in god but when questioned about it they don't really know. They don't give proper reasons: "I dunno, a god seems rather silly" or they even avoid the subject all together. Often these atheists who claim not to follow religion then celebrate Christmas when it comes along! Heck a few of them even join in the Muslim Eid celebration but maintain they're atheists!
rolleyes.gif
I think it's a clear case of going with the flow sheep style!

QUOTE (monsta666 @ Dec 06 2008, 06:13 PM) I've known many people who don't believe in god but when questioned about it they don't really know. They don't give proper reasons: "I dunno, a god seems rather silly" or they even avoid the subject all together. Often these atheists who claim not to follow religion then celebrate Christmas when it comes along! Heck a few of them even join in the Muslim Eid celebration but maintain they're atheists!
rolleyes.gif
I think it's a clear case of going with the flow sheep style!
Well, remember I live in a state that's more than 90% christian, where it's very nearly impossible to be "casually" atheistic. When I said "every non-believer I've met", I was being very literal, and I realize it's not the case the world over. ...that being said, you don't need to be Christian to celebrate Christmas. It's a 'tad' bit off topic to talk holidays here, but I think Mamori explains it very well in his Christmas thread.

...at any rate, I do agree with you, Monsta', that it's a problem when people start trying to force their religious beliefs onto others. However, I'd just take it a step further, seeing as how most religions state that their followers need to spread it around the globe. Forcing faith onto others is a problem of the individual, and not a problem with the faith, but when forcing your faith onto others is an intrinsic part of your faith, then it's a problem with the faith. About 90% of my friends are deeply religious (go figure) and for the most part, they've learned to not try and push their beliefs on me, and I'm fine with that. However, their religions state that they *should* be trying to force their beliefs onto me, it's right in their holy books. That, to me, is a very, very major problem with religion.

...and not a problem with science, lol. Dang it! I've got inverse Laplace transformations to do! >:O

Perhaps this has been stated before, as I'm not willing to sift through the numerous pages but the title of this thread is rather misleading. I think it is incorrect to say "Science VS. Religion".

Religion has been intrinsically present within man since the beginning. Science does not refute that there is a God(s) nor does it insists that there is one. Science is a method of obtaining knowledge.

Scientific Method (for dummies):

Science is basically formulating a guess and setting out to obtain proof to verify OR rule out this guess.

There are two ways to prove something. You can obtain proof which supports your guess or rule it out (thus supporting an alternative guess).

A hypothesis - a formal guess - is usually based on something observed.

Observation: The cock crows on sunrise.
Hypothesis (formal guess): The sun rises with the cock's crow
Alternative: The sun rises regardless of the cock's crow

To prove the hypothesis with positive proof, one must observe the cock crowing and the sun rising for......ever.

To prove this hypothesis by ruling it out:

Chop off the chicken's head - the sun still rises. Therefore the sun does not rise because the cock crows...erm it seems I'm getting off topic.

Back to "Science vs Religion." Religion being such an old and important part of man, humans naturally want to know more about it. Obtaining knowledge - Science.

This thread is all about "Religion vs. NO Religion." Having the ideology, I don't believe something I can't prove/see/understand is in no way representative of the scientific method.

well, I will always argue that religion was a precursor to science. Humans have always been curious creatures, and so want to know what is happening in their world. Why does it rain? Where Did we come from? What Happens to us when we die? To answer these questions, religion was developed, particularly to answer the questions of where we came from, and where we go. Religion in itself relies on the mystical, the root of which is mysterious. In other words, the unexplained. So in order for us to feel more at ease about what we don;t know, we attach these magical explanations to them to placate our curiosity.

As time moved on, philosophy took the place of religion in explaining the world. Logically thinking out the problem, we can come to a conclusion. Eventually, this was used to make the first step of science, the hypothesis. Thus came about true science, the testing of these philosophical arguments with the scientific method. Therefore, as science is able to test more and more, the need for religion becomes less, as the unknown shrinks, and the need for a way to describe our world using the mystical lessens.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back